Google fires 28 employees involved in sit-in protest over $1.2B Israel contract

6,094 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by techno-ag
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Google can fire Sit-in protesters, why can't Universities expel protesters, and..... why can't cities and states arrest protesters blocking highways and bridges for interfering with interstate commerce?

Never thought I would be giving a thumbs up to Left Wing Google ....

https://nypost.com/2024/04/17/business/google-fires-28-employees-involved-in-sit-in-protest-over-1-2b-israel-contract/
Quote:

Google fires 28 employees involved in sit-in protest over $1.2B Israel contract
By Social Links forThomas Barrabi Published April 17, 2024, 9:45 p.m. ET

Google has fired 28 employees over their participation in a 10-hour sit-in at the search giant's offices in New York and Sunnyvale, California, to protest the company's business ties with the Israel government, The Post has learned.

The pro-Palestinian staffers who had donned traditional Arab headscarves as they stormed and occupied the office of a top executive in California on Tuesday were terminated late Wednesday after an internal investigation, Google vice president of global security Chris Rackow said in a companywide memo.

"They took over office spaces, defaced our property, and physically impeded the work of other Googlers," Rackow wrote in the memo obtained by The Post. "Their behavior was unacceptable, extremely disruptive, and made co-workers feel threatened."

In New York, protesters had occupied the 10th floor of Google's offices in the Chelsea section of Manhattan as part of a protest that also extended to the company's offices in Seattle for what it called "No Tech for Genocide Day of Action."...

You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
TAMUallen
AG
Good, now quit being liberal
pfo
AG
The protestors violated woke/DEI/virtue signaling Google's real number #1 priority.

Priority 1…. Make as much money as possible by charging as much as we can get away with and not making our clients mad or uncomfortable.
Anubus
pfo said:

The protestors violated woke/DEI/virtue signaling Google's real number #1 priority.

Priority 1…. Make as much money as possible by charging as much as we can get away with and not making our clients mad or uncomfortable.
They virtue signaled their way out of a job. Gotta love it.
ProgN
pfo said:

The coddled *****es FAFO that they're not in Kansas (college campus) anymore and got introduced to the real world.
Jack Squat 83
AG
This clown show is becoming quite entertaining.

I'm sure it's coming, but DeSantis should offer to fly all of these protestors over there, dump them off at the end of the new pier so they can join Hamas in their efforts against the Genociders. Flights are free of charge of course and the welcome kit will include a "Go Team Hamas" emblazoned backpack!
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
APHIS AG
Public - We have rights and can do whatever we want and then get away with it.

Private - Screw you, you are fired.
Trajan88
AG
Hopefully Google security did not allow the protestors to go to their cubes/offices (if they were even working in the office)... with security then boxing up the protestor's **** and dumping it all into the street.

I bet the fired protestors' moaning and anger-crying was glorious.
Señor Chang
AG
Why are they all wearing masks? I thought Science determined covid couldn't spread at protests.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Evil capitalism.
AggDogg61
Fire some more
Ridgeback85
AG
Looks like Google is more committed to making money than adhering to their liberal agenda.
agent-maroon
AG
FAFO life lessons are just the best, amirite?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
akaggie05
AG
They made it way too easy for HR to take immediate action by damaging company property and posing a physical security threat. I'm sure Google would have been celebrating them as heroes if they had sat in quiet protest in a hallway next to the break room.
Logos Stick
Libs eating each other alive. Outstanding!

It's only going to get worse. They have a common enemy right now: white people in general and white conservatives in particular. Once whitey dies off and becomes the permanent minority, gonna be Mad Max time!
techno-ag
AG
Disrupted the day of a high enough ranking exec that could do something about it. It's all fun and games until you tick off the boss.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bird Poo
AG
akaggie05 said:

They made it way too easy for HR to take immediate action by damaging company property and posing a physical security threat. I'm sure Google would have been celebrating them as heroes if they had sat in quiet protest in a hallway next to the break room.

Exactly. I'm sure some Jewish employees could sue their asses off if they didn't do this. This was CYA.
Ed Harley
AG
Stupid sons of *****es. They should really look into living in Gaza. I'm sure they'll love being under Hamas rule.
LMCane
because Google understands business and how to run a business-

and that their investments in Israel of billions of dollars to help Google

are more valuable than these 25 idiot Marxists who are easily replaced
sleepybeagle
AG
George Soro's has a full time job waiting for them as professional protestors. We'll see them this summer in masks burning a cop car or a Wendy's on some street corner.
sleepybeagle
aggiejayrod
AG
Jack Squat 83 said:

This clown show is becoming quite entertaining.

I'm sure it's coming, but DeSantis should offer to fly all of these protestors over there, dump them off at the end of the new pier so they can join Hamas in their efforts against the Genociders. Flights are free of charge of course and the welcome kit will include a "Go Team Hamas" emblazoned backpack!

I'd give them all pride flags too
KidDoc
AG
Surprising but good on Google!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muy
AG
TAMUallen said:

Good, now quit being liberal

They won't
infinity ag
Well done Google. The workplace is no place for political activism. Just STFU and get to work else GTFO.

I am pretty sure that the protestors were all Muslim people who think that problems of the Palestinians is everyone's problem and will annoy the sheet out of everyone else. I have a few Muslim friends who very craftily turn conversations away to Gaza and "what is going in Palestine". When countered with what Hamas did to Israel, they go on the defensive and pretend to be anti-war in general.

I am tired of these crazy people taking over public areas with their issues that have nothing to do with any of us.

If any of the protestors are foreigners, send them packing to their own sheethole countries. They don't deserve to live here.
Burrus86
AG
The funny thing is that Google won't miss the production of these 28 wokesters.
Muy
AG
I wonder what Google thinks about the pro-Hamas "protestors" blocking the Golden Gate Bridge? I'll wait.
Urban Ag
AG
Google protester: But I don't understand, we're protesting against the genocide of the Palestinian people!

Google exec: the Jews have a ton of money

Google protester: but...........oh..........
infinity ag
It is important to see the profiles of the people who are protesting. It will be hilarious if there are any white caucasian Americans in there trying to virtue signal.
BMX Bandit

Quote:

If Google can fire Sit-in protesters, why can't Universities expel protesters, and.....

one is not the government, in many cases one is.

Quote:

why can't cities and states arrest protesters blocking highways and bridges for interfering with interstate commerce?
they can arrest them for , they choose not to.
Tree Hugger
AG
I'm sure they are already trying to find a lawyer that will help them sue Google for wrongful termination. But since they were sitting there for 10 hours, wouldn't that mean they weren't doing their jobs for 10 hours? Dereliction of duty in addition to all of the other stuff?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Anyone else shocked to learn from this is that Google has people IN OFFICE???
nortex97
AG
I honestly can't remember ever thinking 'well good job on that, Google/Alphabet.'
ProgN
infinity ag said:

It is important to see the profiles of the people who are protesting. It will be hilarious if there are any white caucasian Americans in there trying to virtue signal.

Why any corporation would even bring in this progressive cancer is amazing to me.

ETA Link:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13321957/Google-fires-employees-palestine-protest-New-York-California.html
ABATTBQ11
AG
"You are on native land"

Wow... There aren't words for that level of stupid and irony...
techno-ag
AG
What's with the masks? This isn't 2020.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.