*** Official Trump Hush Money Trial Thread ***

585,963 Views | 6803 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by jt2hunt
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Quote:

The parties disagree about the excerpts that answer the third jury readback request David Pecker's testimony about the Trump Tower meeting.
They're going over the first passage in dispute. They agree on what page and line to start but not where it should end.
Prosecutors want an extra page of testimony to include what happened after the meeting and the execution of the plan hatched at the meeting.
Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass says they tried to draw a line between the substance of the meeting and what happened afterward.
Quote:

Attorney Todd Blanche says the defense believes they should keep the readback narrow to the request and what happened after the meeting isn't directly responsive to the request.

Judge Juan Merchan says he understands why Blanche would be concerned over most of the portion the prosecutors want to add.

The jury requested the transcript about the meeting. What the prosecutors want (after the meeting) is not what the jury asked for. You can be sure Merchan will include it.

Maybe the prosecution should request more tesimony from Cohen and Stormy. Merchan would surely also grant that.
aggiehawg
AG
When I went back and read just that one page from our thread, there's a lot that is good for Trump and refutes the state's case in just that section of Bove's cross.

I linked it one page back. Read that page of quotes from the CNN feed and get back to me.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

I linked it one page back. Read that page of quotes from the CNN feed and get back to me.
You are correct. There is a lot there that suggests this was just SOP for Trump to try to keep his name clean. Hopefully the jury accepts it.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The conviction is because the jury was unanimous that the death occurred during the commission of a felony.
D'uh. That's the charge. Felony murder rule.
lb3
AG
I was just explaining that the jury doesn't have to agree on what the underlying criminal act is, just that there was one.
Im Gipper
MERCHAN: We find you guilty, in accordance with the U.S. Constitution and New York Law, of committing Crime A to conceal your commission of Crime B.

TRUMP: What was Crime B?

TRUMP LAWYER: The crime we listed in our proposed jury instructions. Did you not read that?

I'm Gipper
Im Gipper
lb3 said:

I was just explaining that the jury doesn't have to agree on what the underlying criminal act is, just that there was one.

Close, but not quite

They don't have to agree on what the unlawful act is.

Based on the instructions given, they must all agree that there was intent to commit or to conceal the commission of the violation of the New York election law.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

You are correct. There is a lot there that suggests this was just SOP for Trump to try to keep his name clean. Hopefully the jury accepts it.
And that Pecker through AMI had done those types of scoops literally hundreds of thousands of times.

But also that the McDougal agreement was vetted by AMI's lawyers including election lawyers who cleared it but that Pecker was in a big business deal (100 million) that required the FEC inquiry to be settled before the deal could be closed. THAT was the reason for the fine and non-prosecution agreement. Smoothe the way for a large business deal.
fc2112
TheEternalOptimist said:

TheRatt87 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Marxists funded the election of radical DAs in blue megacities for this reason. Political opponents will be prosecuted from now on. It's open season now. A significant turning point in American history. Recall that Venezuela did this right before it collapsed. Major corps saw this and pulled out the country entirely. NY has publicly abandoned the rule of law and god willing we'll see companies start to abandon NY.

If the Right wants to stop this, they must be willing to do the same thing to their political opponents in Red areas. Fear of it happening to them will be the only thing that stops the Left. You can't "live & let live/point out the hypocrisy/turn the other cheek/that's not who we are" your way out of this.
It's time for Red State AG's Red County DA's to immediately find ham sandwiches to indict any elected or high profile Democrat anywhere in this country they have the ability to do so. No mercy. Screw fairness.

If lawfare is how this country is going to be won, then so be it.
One would think there'd be a number of DAs in Texas who are chomping at the bit to charge Biden as soon as he leaves office.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
If for some reason this jury is hung (slim chance), does that seal this election for Trump?
Im Gipper
Marvin_Zindler said:

If for some reason this jury is hung (slim chance), does that seal this election for Trump?

I don't know about seal, but it definitely goes a long way in that direction!

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Listening to Gouveia going through the jury charge. It was soooo wacked out! Jurors couldn't follow all of that, especially the limiting instructions on AMI's non prosecution agreement and Cohen's guilty plea to FECA violations. He rattled off Exhbit numbers within those limiting instructions and a lot of Exhibit numbers.

Now I have learned that state courts in NY forbid the jury having written instructions in the deliberation room. (Add to the pile of reasons the law in NY is severely screwed up) but expecting them to remember or take dictation like they are all stenographers is just ludicrous.

Mid stream as he is live.

BadMoonRisin
AG
txags92
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

He is going to be ready to let loose on a few people when the trial finally finishes and the gag order is over.
aggiehawg
AG
txags92 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

He is going to be ready to let loose on a few people when the trial finally finishes and the gag order is over.
Gag order is not over until sentencing because it is still a pending proceeding, is my understanding. Could be wrong about that, however. NY law is screwy.
Hungry Ojos
BadMoonRisin said:

"Former actor"

Trump is a gift from God.
txags92
AG
aggiehawg said:

txags92 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Gag order is not over until sentencing because it is still a pending proceeding, is my understanding. Could be wrong about that, however. NY law is screwy.
Let me guess, some vagary of NY Law will require that the sentencing not take place until after the election and no appeals are allowed until the sentencing phase is concluded?
Rockdoc
AG
Folks seem to think a hung jury is less likely now?
Im Gipper
Rockdoc said:

I don't know why anyone would have reason to think it's less likely. Why don't say this?

I'm Gipper
Rockdoc
AG
Just the way the judge is running things with his jury instructions
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Rockdoc said:

if I was on the jury, it would be hung.

[attempts to shut off 7th grade humor mode]
FbgTxAg
AG
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually think it will help Trump if they convict him. I know polls say otherwise, but making a martyr out of him is gonna galvanize his base and even squishy Never Trumper Repubs/Independents have to look at that result and be completely appalled.

I think it circles the wagons. But I've been wrong before.
aggiehawg
AG
txags92 said:

aggiehawg said:

txags92 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Let me guess, some vagary of NY Law will require that the sentencing not take place until after the election and no appeals are allowed until the sentencing phase is concluded?
That is my understanding, yes. Again I could easily be wrong, but under final judgement rule that is expected.

The appellate division can use that to delay any appeal, if they so choose. Liberty, as in confinement, is the quickest way to get an appeal. Most every defendant is incarcerated pending an appeal bond immediately after a conviction, absent earlier agreement.

Most defense attorneys advise their clients that this might occur.
Im Gipper
Minority? Most here think it will help.

It will for sure give him a bump.

Now, an acquittal? He'd be unstoppable!

I'm Gipper
MemphisAg1
AG
FbgTxAg said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually think it will help Trump if they convict him. I know polls say otherwise, but making a martyr out of him is gonna galvanize his base and even squishy Never Trumper Repubs/Independents have to look at that result and be completely appalled.

His base is already galvanized. He needs votes beyond his base. Current trends suggest he might get there due to FJB's ongoing implosion. But a guilty verdict could swing enough back the other way to tip it to FJB.

I've been clear I'm no longer a Trump fan, but this trial is absolute BS and pure political persecution. I'm hoping he beats it out of a simple sense of fairness and to say *#$% to the Dems.
txags92
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

His base is already galvanized. He needs votes beyond his base. Current trends suggest he might get there due to FJB's ongoing implosion. But a guilty verdict could swing enough back the other way to tip it to FJB.

I've been clear I'm no longer a Trump fan, but this trial is absolute BS and pure political persecution. I'm hoping he beats it out of a simple sense of fairness and to say *#$% to the Dems.
All of the never Trumpers who want to stay home or vote third party need to understand clearly that this is not about Trump. He is just today's target. If they are successful with this it won't stop here. This will be just the beginning. Remember when their story was that Mitt Romney was an extremist who wanted to kill old people? Remember how they treated GW? If it works they will keep doing it and will use lawfare to taint every Conservative going forward. Whether you like Trump or hate him, what is happening in our Judicial system should scare the hell out of every American. A dem vote, a 3rd party vote, or a refusal to vote in this election is a vote for more of what you are seeing in this trial.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Lost in all this clarification requested by the jury is that they likely wasted an 8 ball getting PeePaw all juiced up so he could give his victory lap speech. They had to prime him in case the jury came back according to the Democrat script. He's probably going to be up until 9:00 tonite and now they have to call a lid on tomorrow.

Judge Dredd has to tell the jury foreman to stretch this until Friday morning now.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
normalhorn
In all sincerity, does anyone actively following this thread honestly believe that a hung jury is a legitimate conclusion in this case?
Personally, I'd put it between zero and zilch.
No poop slaps. No in your face hemming and hawing.
I only want to know what makes anyone else so confident that he'll keep on dodging the liberal traps
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
FriscoKid
AG
normalhorn said:

In all sincerity, does anyone actively following this thread honestly believe that a hung jury is a legitimate conclusion in this case?
Personally, I'd put it between zero and zilch.
No poop slaps. No in your face hemming and hawing.
I only want to know what makes anyone else so confident that he'll keep on dodging the liberal traps

He won't. If you think the deep state will let him ever back in the WH then you aren't paying attention. I put it at an almost zero chance.
Im Gipper
normalhorn said:

It absolutely is.

I don't think it's the most likely, but it's a real possibility!

I'm Gipper
shiftyandquick
I'm just curious if any of you actually believe Trump. For example that he knew nothing about this and the encounter that Stormy described is entirely made up out of whole cloth.
whatthehey78
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I'm just curious if any of you actually believe Trump. For example that he knew nothing about this and the encounter that Stormy described is entirely made up out of whole cloth.
I suspect there is reality in "parts" of this sordid circumstance and some are pure fabrication...BUT, I'm convinced none of it was illegal...even in NY.
pacecar02
Probably 60% there was something there

Whether he did or didn't is immaterial to the trial

Im sure that all celebrities monitor this type of PR and buying people off is probably often the cheaper way to go
no sig
Rockdoc
AG
What I believe is this is a railroad job by you dems. Anybody with a functioning brain knows this.
normalhorn
Believing him doesn't matter. The burden isn't on him.
Who cares if he did it?
You should ONLY care about the prosecution being able to PROVE, beyond reasonable doubt, that he did it.

...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 195

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.