*** Official Trump Hush Money Trial Thread ***

586,726 Views | 6803 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by jt2hunt
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

A buzzer sounds in the courtroom and we're waiting for the attorneys and the judge.

Could be a question the jury has.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Such a load of Crap!! How in the world can this happen...
They want a conviction at any cost, and the judge is in no jeopardy of facing any consequences whatsoever in New York. If by some chance he did, George Soros and thousands of other leftists would line up to support him.
Texas velvet maestro
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

A buzzer sounds in the courtroom and we're waiting for the attorneys and the judge.

Could be a question the jury has.
"where do i sign my book deal?"
Martin Cash
AG
Just heard that the jury was not allowed to take the court's charge with them into the jury room.

That is absolutely insane. This is truly banana republic level.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
KatyAggie2000
AG
Martin Cash said:

Just heard that the jury was not allowed to take the court's charge with them into the jury room.

Wow. If that's the case can the SCOTUS not weigh in now and throw this thing out? Seems like there should be a judicial check and balance during a trial vs. after via appeal for this level of misconduct.
aggiehawg
AG
KatyAggie2000 said:

Martin Cash said:

Wow. If that's the case can the SCOTUS not weigh in now and throw this thing out? Seems like there should be a judicial check and balance during a trial vs. after via appeal for this level of misconduct.
Don't expect SCOTUS to do anything regarding this case.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

"We received a note," Judge Juan Merchan says after parties have gathered in the courtroom.

"The note contains 4 requests," Judge Juan Merchan says.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Because Joseph McCarthy was absolutely correct so many decades ago.
aggiehawg
AG
FNC says they are asking about Pecker's testimony.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

"We received a note," Judge Juan Merchan says after parties have gathered in the courtroom.

"is orange man bad a crime? Really? Really? Really?"
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aggiehawg said:

Great, the jury wants clarification on peckers. Must be focusing on the Stormy portion of the trial or everything Cohen said.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
KatyAggie2000
AG
aggiehawg said:

Also requested Cohen's testimony of the "Trump Tower Meeting."
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

According to the judge, the jury wants:
  • David Pecker's testimony regarding a phone conversation with Donald Trump while Pecker was in the investor meeting.
  • Pecker's testimony about the decision not to finalize and fund the assignment of Karen McDougal's life rights.
  • Pecker's testimony regarding a Trump Tower meeting.
  • Michael Cohen's testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting.

Quote:

Judge Juan Merchan says he will bring the jury plus the alternates in to hear the requested testimony again.
Marvin
AG
At least the jury is asking questions, or giving the perception of some type of deliberation. That's more than I expected, to be honest.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Wabs
AG
All of this dog and pony, ridiculousness, and waste of taxpayer dollars so Dems can say "you can't vote for a convicted felon!".

Not to mention the complete dismantling of our judicial system.
rgag12
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

1. Please prepare orange jumpsuit and handcuffs
2. Please make sure the "WE GOT HIM!" banner lettering is orange
3. Please clear a space in front of the court so we can make our post-conviction dance video/gifs
4. For our "Saved Democracy" banquet make sure you bring your share of the champaigne, Merchen.
txags92
AG
normalhorn said:

What I can't figure out yet is this- does the judge fail uphill and get a promotion? Or, does he know he'll be punished, but doesn't care because he'll surely be sitting on millions from Soros, etc? I guess only time will tell.

He has the Biden crime family starter kit in the form of his daughter taking the payments. He will be well taken care of.
Tramp96
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

• David Pecker's testimony regarding a phone conversation with Donald Trump while Pecker was in the investor meeting.
  • Pecker's testimony about the decision not to finalize and fund the assignment of Karen McDougal's life rights.

Quote:

Judge Juan Merchan says he will bring the jury plus the alternates in to hear the requested testimony again.

So whereas all the pundits and legal eagles have been saying that Michael Cohen is the key to the entire case by the prosecution, it appears to me that the jury is thinking Pecker is?

Ellis Wyatt
Tramp96 said:

So whereas all the pundits and legal eagles have been saying that Michael Cohen is the key to the entire case by the prosecution, it appears to me that the jury is thinking Pecker is?

Seems to me that they want to consider whether Pecker and Cohen's stories align.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tramp96 said:

Seems to me that they want to consider whether Pecker and Cohen's stories align.
I'd make a list. What do we have actual corroboration on, and what do we not?
GeorgiAg
AG
My detailed legal analysis is this:

Orange Man Bad!

I haven't really been following the trial or read the charges very closely. Sounds like a bunch of Trumped up charges. (Pun intended). My honest take is the jury comes back with a conviction or a hung jury. If a conviction, there will be no jail or anything through the appeals. Appellate Courts will throw it out.

It's a bunch of nothing.

Edit: Also, Cohen is such a documented liar, how can any jury take anything he says is true?
txags92
AG
Tramp96 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds to me like the jury is skeptical of Cohen and is looking for other avenues to convince themselves that there was actually a conspiracy.
oldcrow91
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tramp96 said:

No need to listen to the GLOAT again.

His testimony is too tainted.
aggiehawg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tramp96 said:

You may be correct. They dont' trust Cohen but looking for that corroboration that Merchan and Steinglass were talking about.

And I consider that not the best sign for Trump..
KatyAggie2000
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Orange Man Bad!

I haven't really been following the trial or read the charges very closely. Sounds like a bunch of Trumped up charges. (Pun intended). My honest take is the jury comes back with a conviction or a hung jury. If a conviction, there will be no jail or anything through the appeals. Appellate Courts will throw it out.

It's a bunch of nothing.
Or the hung jury is negotiated into a guilty misdemeanor charge via the judge's recommendation. The judge absolutely wants the words Trump and guilty coming out of his sham trial.
Tramp96
txags92 said:

Tramp96 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds to me like the jury is skeptical of Cohen and is looking for other avenues to convince themselves that there was actually a conspiracy

Agreed. That's where my head was going with that, but you articulated it better.
Casual Cynic
So could they find Trump guilty of a misdemeanor? Wouldn't that be the same as an acquittal since the statute of limitations has run?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The jury is asking for parts of witness testimony to be read out in the courtroom, less than four hours into their deliberations.
The request from jurors includes part of David Pecker's testimony and some testimony of Michael Cohen. The judge said the jury and the alternates will be brought back into the courtroom soon where he will read those parts of the transcript.
CNN chief legal affairs correspondent Paula Reid says this is not surprising. The jurors do not have transcripts of what was said on the stand, but they were allowed to take notes.
Quote:

"Obviously, this case in many ways is heavily reliant on the testimony of witnesses. So we fully expected that they would come back and ask for additional portions of testimony," Reid said.

Quote:

Trump attorney Todd Blanche has been standing behind the defense table flipping through printed pages of a transcript.
Trump's been seated at the defense table, too. He's talking talking with his attorney Emil Bove now. Alina Habba is leaning over the rail speaking closely with Susan Necheles.
The jury has requested parts of the testimony be read again, and we're waiting for that to begin.
AtticusMatlock
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

"Obviously, this case in many ways is heavily reliant on the testimony of witnesses. So we fully expected that they would come back and ask for additional portions of testimony," Reid said

Brilliant analysis.
AtticusMatlock
Casual Cynic said:

So could they find Trump guilty of a misdemeanor? Wouldn't that be the same as an acquittal since the statute of limitations has run?
Well no one got to see the actual instructions other than in media reports, but I don't there's a lesser included here.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The jury's request to hear testimony again around the August 2015 meeting at Trump Tower is a natural place to start deliberations, CNN legal analysts say.
Prosecutors say David Pecker, Donald Trump and Michael Cohen were all present at that meeting. It's the moment when Pecker allegedly agreed to be the "eyes and ears" for Trump's campaign and flag any negative stories to Cohen.
Quote:

"This is right down the middle of where you want them to be and if you track the closing argument that we heard from the DA, (Joshua) Steinglass yesterday, he cast that Trump Tower meeting August 2015 as chapter one of this whole story. That's where it all started," CNN senior legal analyst Elie Honig said.
"So it's a perfectly natural, logical place for the jury to start," he added.
The jury has been deliberating for more than four hours. They got the case Wednesday morning.
CNN legal analyst Elliot Williams said these requests likely suggest the jury is trying to understand Trump's intent. They are trying to figure out what Pecker, Trump and Cohen talked about and if Trump knew he was directing or participating in a scheme, Williams said.
The defense previously argued that the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels was carried out by Cohen alone, while the prosecution has been trying to show Trump knew what was happening the whole time.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Edit: Also, Cohen is such a documented liar, how can any jury take anything he says is true?
Because it is New York, and Cohen is the only "evidence" the state has.
FireAg
AG
Verdict yet?
Sims
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Orange Man Bad!

It's a bunch of nothing.

I guess you could say the same about Biden being a documented liar and people still willingly believing him. It's not beyond the realm of possibility someone could be duped into that.
KatyAggie2000
AG
FireAg said:

Verdict yet?
Nope. Now we've exceeded the OJ deliberation time. Lol.
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 195

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.