indiana appeals court says killing babies is religious freedom

4,077 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by bobbranco
damiond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ACLU of Indiana sued to challenge the ban on behalf of five anonymous Jewish, Muslim, and spiritual plaintiffs and the group Hoosier Jews for Choice. The plaintiffs argued that their religious beliefs not only support but in some situations, even mandate - abortions that would be illegal under Indiana's ban. The conflict between the Indiana abortion ban and the plaintiffs' individual religious beliefs meant the ban violated the state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), they said in their complaint.
https://lawandcrime.com/abortion/severely-decreased-their-sexual-intimacy-with-their-husbands-indiana-appeals-court-uses-mike-pences-religious-liberty-law-to-block-abortion-ban/

misconstrue and deflect

this is how the devil works

the is no moral reasoning in support of baby killing
Desert Ag
AG
Party of Moloch
Artorias
AG
right to life >>> religious beliefs

you can't murder people and claim it is protected by religious freedom
Who?mikejones!
Is the law religious in any way?

Do any of the tenets of those religions say abortion is necessary to properly participate in their religion?

Does this mean things like human scarfice, genital mutilation, honor killings and so forth should also be acceptable?

This is why it's important to separate your religious arguments from the logical ones. The basis of the argument must stand on sound logical ground and not religious, even though those sometimes intersect.
AGinHI
AG
oh no
AG
can't discriminate against the moloch worshipers

Psycho Bunny
Liberals killing future voters one adoration at a time.
"All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells are within you"
Joseph Campbell

"What is hell? Hell is oneself. Hell is alone, the other figures in it merely projections".
T.S. Eliot.
damiond
our public schools and beloved universities are doing a fine job creating more of them
BluHorseShu
AG
damiond said:

ACLU of Indiana sued to challenge the ban on behalf of five anonymous Jewish, Muslim, and spiritual plaintiffs and the group Hoosier Jews for Choice. The plaintiffs argued that their religious beliefs not only support but in some situations, even mandate - abortions that would be illegal under Indiana's ban. The conflict between the Indiana abortion ban and the plaintiffs' individual religious beliefs meant the ban violated the state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), they said in their complaint.
https://lawandcrime.com/abortion/severely-decreased-their-sexual-intimacy-with-their-husbands-indiana-appeals-court-uses-mike-pences-religious-liberty-law-to-block-abortion-ban/

misconstrue and deflect

Stupid. Need a national abortion ban. At least Trump supports a national...."wait, what?.. He changed his mind again?!"
damiond
your pedo peepaw will allow abortions

checks notes

all the way up to birth
45-70Ag
AG
Does this mean Muslims who commit honor killings can now do so?
FbgTxAg
AG
My religion is clear. The most vile and disgusting sin a person can commit is paying taxes.

And any government official trying to take money by force can be killed without consequence.

Seriously. If you can have judgements like the one in the Op, then this is just as rational.
Get Off My Lawn
There is no up side to coexisting with the Godless. They are unfit to be citizens of this nation.
TA-OP
Get Off My Lawn said:

There is no up side to coexisting with the Godless. They are unfit to be citizens of this nation.
How very Christian. The God I know and worship wants me to love all His children and show them what God does in my life.
oh no
AG
TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

How very Christian. The God I know and worship wants me to love all His children and show them what God does in my life.
the god you know wants to murder babies so…
TA-OP
oh no said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

swing and miss.
bobbranco
AG
Baby killing monsters.
Get Off My Lawn
TA-OP said:

oh no said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

swing and miss.
You can't take the grace and mercy and love without also taking the standard & justice. Christ's second coming is not one of tolerance and peace for the antichrist. The mission for Christians is not to be passive tolerators, but rather evangelists turning others to God. In this world but not of it.

Yes: love others. But love means you CANT lie to them. Judgement is coming. Morality is established by God. If you reject God and his way: there is only one outcome. And Christians are NOT to partake in the passive Godlessness of a failing culture.
deddog
AG
damiond said:

misconstrue and deflect

So it's ok to kill gays now?

****ing morons
oh no
AG
TA-OP said:

oh no said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

swing and miss.
if you missed the baby's skull, great.
deddog
AG
TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

They are unfit to be citizens of this nation.
But, I agree, we need to be more like Jesus, show the path to the non-believers by being the best version of yourself, and living a Christian life.
deddog
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Liberals killing future (mostly black) voters one adoration at a time.
FIFY
Psycho Bunny
deddog said:

Psycho Bunny said:

Liberals killing future (mostly black) voters one adoration at a time.
FIFY
"All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells are within you"
Joseph Campbell

"What is hell? Hell is oneself. Hell is alone, the other figures in it merely projections".
T.S. Eliot.
JWinTX
Get Off My Lawn said:

TA-OP said:

oh no said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

swing and miss.
You can't take the grace and mercy and love without also taking the standard & justice. Christ's second coming is not one of tolerance and peace for the antichrist. The mission for Christians is not to be passive tolerators, but rather evangelists turning others to God. In this world but not of it.

Yes: love others. But love means you CANT lie to them. Judgement is coming. Morality is established by God. If you reject God and his way: there is only one outcome. And Christians are NOT to partake in the passive Godlessness of a failing culture.

Jesus would not agree with this at all…His life and His example are nothing like this. And I'm probably more conservative than you are.
Artorias
AG
TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Except the unborn apparently, given who you support and vote for.
Get Off My Lawn
JWinTX said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

TA-OP said:

oh no said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

swing and miss.

Jesus would not agree with this at all…His life and His example are nothing like this. And I'm probably more conservative than you are.
He lead a mob through the temple to throw out predatory money changers. His second coming involves global bowls of wrath and a sword in hand. His triune form told Israel to exterminate entire (wicked) peoples. He is no tame lion.

As recipients of an infinitely gracious sacrifice, we are supposed to be endlessly loving toward others… but also clever and rigid enough to stand in opposition to evil. Where ever Jesus used words equivalent to "tolerance" it was within a rebuke. We are to be different - not tepidly coexisting with the wicked.
jjtrcka22
It shouldn't matter if someone's religion says it's ok to murder someone (what kind of religion is that, anyway?). People have the right to not be murdered. Amazing how common sense that sounds, yet so many people do not get it.
TA-OP
Artorias said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

missed the first time; missed again.
Artorias
AG
TA-OP said:

Artorias said:

TA-OP said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

missed the first time; missed again.

Your posting history clearly suggests otherwise
TA-OP
Never once posted I support murdering babies. It's very possible to be a liberal and not support every little thing the party tries to push. It's called not being a single issue voter; I thought conservatives disliked single issue voters.
damiond
life begins a conception

supporting abortion after that point is condoning the murder of babies
Artorias
AG
TA-OP said:

Never once posted I support murdering babies. It's very possible to be a liberal and not support every little thing the party tries to push. It's called not being a single issue voter; I thought conservatives disliked single issue voters.

Mirdering babies is not a "little thing". Single issue voter or not, no way a Christian can honestly support a party that promotes murdering babies. In other words, I don't believe you.
aezmvp
AGinHI said:

Was just coming to post this. Fun stuff.
TA-OP
Artorias said:

TA-OP said:

Mirdering babies is not a "little thing". Single issue voter or not, no way a Christian can honestly support a party that promotes murdering babies. In other words, I don't believe you.
Fortunately, my salvation isn't predicated on Artorias believing me.
deddog
AG
Artorias said:

TA-OP said:

There are plenty of progressive christians who rationalize killing babies. This is a fact.
That doesn't make them any less christian.

Do you believe that Jesus is your lord and savior?
That's all that matters.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.