Bidenomics: McDonalds with no $1 items on dollar menu

7,707 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jopatura
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/lifestyle/mcdonalds-called-out-for-having-no-dollar-items-on-1-menu/amp/

Quote:

"McDonald's has a dollar menu right now without a single item that costs $1," TikToker Anna Arroyo grimaced after showing the limited Dollar Menu items at a Niles, Ohio, location.

The least expensive foods were a McChicken and small French fries for $1.99 each.

These complaints come as a quarter of consumers who make less than $50,000 a year report eating less fast food. And about half of these customers say they are visiting fast-casual and full-service restaurants less often, according to Reuters, which cited February polling numbers.

Food costs, minimum wage increases, and higher Democrat regulations on everything means nothing much costs just a buck anymore. Even the dollar stores are going up to $7.

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

C@LAg
maybe the menu items identify as a dollar....
nai06
AG
In all reality, I'm surprised $1 menus have lasted this long. I lamented when Arby's got rid of the 5 for $5.95 meal 15-20 years ago. Damn that was a killer deal because you could get any combo of RB sandwich, Arby's Melt, Fries, Mozz sticks, potato cakes, medium drink, and even a turnover I think.

As the great Robert Frost said, "Nothing gold can stay".
Irish 2.0
It was all downhill once Little Caesars got rid of the $5 Hot and Ready
C@LAg
Irish 2.0 said:

"Look at me! My city has a Little Caesars"
AggieVictor10
AG
C@LAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

"Look at me! My city has a Little Caesars"

Soon to be little cesar
ZHORALE!
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Kenneth_2003
AG
It was, I think, Dollar General that just announced their new max price will be $7.
smstork1007
AG
Dollar Tree/Family Dollar. But your point stands.
Logos Stick
It's expensive as hell to eat out now.

Screw Biden and every Marxist who supports him.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

In all reality, I'm surprised $1 menus have lasted this long
Old guy yells at clouds:

In the early 70s, local drive-in sold 6 hamburgers for a dollar.

Or I could get a hamburger and milkshake. Then drive to a dive* of a cafe for a turnover for dessert. All of the above, total of 99 cents, driving on 25 cent/gallon gas.

Inflation does crazy things.

(* Four years of high school, the cook/owner wore the same pair of pants)
slatermikan
nai06 said:

In all reality, I'm surprised $1 menus have lasted this long. I lamented when Arby's got rid of the 5 for $5.95 meal 15-20 years ago. Damn that was a killer deal because you could get any combo of RB sandwich, Arby's Melt, Fries, Mozz sticks, potato cakes, medium drink, and even a turnover I think.

As the great Robert Frost said, "Nothing gold can stay".
That 5 for 5 at the Arby's off of 35 in Hillsborough fueled many road trips!
Irish 2.0
My dad went to college at Xavier in Cincinnati in the 70s and the White Castle burgers were like 3 for $1 he said.
jamey
AG
If you're looking for blame that goes back a lot further than 1 president. We got decades of of Rs and Ds that spend and print money like financial responsibility is unserious business.

If you want more of the same, play the it's the R or its the D blame game. It's both. They will never change until its too late
Agsrback12
Couldn't have anything to do with these cats making $25/hr, can it?
Trajan88
AG
6 nuggets used to be $3 ... now there's only 4.
Trajan88
AG
An Archie Burger from Archie Burgers in CS was $0.39 ea. in the mid-80s.

I would drive to Archies on Sunday night... get 5 of those burgers and fries and then park my auto at the Fish lot.
Old Army Metal
AG
Agsrback12 said:

Gas costs less at Buc-ee's than it does by the airport.

Companies are going to charge as much as they think people will pay. They are going to pay as little as they think people will work for. Not a penny less or more. Biden has nothing to do with this.
Pookers
AG
Imagine eating McDonalds. That **** is poison at every pricepoint.
jamey
AG
Trajan88 said:

I would drive to Archies on Sunday night... get 5 of those burgers and fries and then park my auto at the Fish lot.

Gumbys pizza was like $3. It was worth maybe 50 cents given you'd had enough to drink
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

"McDonald's has a dollar menu right now without a single item that costs $1," TikToker Anna Arroyo grimaced after showing the limited Dollar Menu items at a Niles, Ohio, location.

Heineken-Ashi
Old Army Metal said:

Agsrback12 said:

Companies are going to charge as much as they think people will pay. They are going to pay as little as they think people will work for. Not a penny less or more. Biden has nothing to do with this.

While you are correct in the profit motive, this inflation fueled economy has everything to do with borrowing 100 years worth of debt since COVID. And everyone in both parties is to blame.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Hoyt Ag
AG
Logos Stick said:

It's expensive as hell to eat out now.

Screw Biden and every Marxist who supports him.

I have not eaten out in probably 6 or 8 months minus when I went to Houston for the holidays. It's unreal what it costs. We have a lot more friends nights out where we have a mini pot luck and hang out rather than go into the city for dinner.
techno-ag
AG
Trajan88 said:

Archie's 39 Cent Hamburger Place, which he opened on Harvey down the street from his Taco Bell. But the burgers were small. You had to buy several just to have a couple bites.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

annie88
AG

Kenneth_2003
AG
Good news everyone! Costco is holding the line on their hotdog and drink combo!

https://abc13.com/costco-stores-hot-dog-prices-inflation-impacts-soda-combo/14577397/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0QmN3mGspeefNHllpU0T0W0Na3mLwEb2ezSeqw7Y4HT3zZcsrJKycEdaI
Irish 2.0
Read an article that the founder threatened to fire his CFO of like 20yrs if he changed the price of the hotdogs.
techno-ag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Read an article that the founder threatened to fire his CFO of like 20yrs if he changed the price of the hotdogs.
Yeah it's a loss leader like the $4.99 rotisserie chicken. Part of the charm of Costco.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I think he said he'd "kill" him but it was clear the price wasn't changing. They own the meat packing facilities that make the glizzy to keep costs down.
Ag with kids
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Agsrback12 said:

Quote:

Companies are going to charge as much as they think people will pay.
Correct.

Quote:

They are going to pay as little as they think people will work for. Not a penny less or more.
Generally.

Quote:

Biden has nothing to do with this.
Incorrect.

His monetary policies helped cause the spike in inflation.

However, one thing left out of this (on purpose by you, I'm sure) is the fact that a number of areas have raised the minimum wage. This changes your SECOND premise...that they will pay as little as they think people will work for. The government has mandated a FLOOR on that "as little"...which in many cases is HIGHER than people will actually work for.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Lol, not surprising. I figured that's what this was as soon as I saw the headline.

So... Will the Biden team use this price for their price of your 4th of July BBQ (hotdogs =\=BBQ, but I digress) infographic?
buda91
AG
I still remember 3/$1 jack in the box tacos.
Logos Stick
Trajan88 said:

Class of 87 here. Archies was the go-to after a hard night of alcohol. I lived off campus in a condo right across the way.
techno-ag
AG
Menu prices skyrocket in Kalifornia with $20 min wage.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/02/us-news/californias-20-fast-food-wage-raises-prices-by-up-to-1-80/

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

jt2hunt
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Yuck Arby's!
Kenneth_2003
AG
techno-ag said:

Menu prices skyrocket in Kalifornia with $20 min wage.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/02/us-news/californias-20-fast-food-wage-raises-prices-by-up-to-1-80/

Only at the places that didn't just lay everyone off! Was listening to Ted Cruz yesterday (may have been a few episodes back) and lots of places just canned all of their deliver drivers and are looking at increased automation.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.