Doctor 'Mo (Who) trailer - not a single prominent white male to be found

5,614 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Legal Custodian
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

while there are some who have and will complain about a black, gay male Time Lord, I get it. They can mix it up for the character because he is a literal chameleon.

That said, the absolute and utterly intentional whitewashing of any prominent while male in this trailer is so obvious and intentional it is laughable.

So much for Disney helping drive better storytelling over race- and sex-baiting virtue signaling

ABATTBQ11
AG
Yet another Disney production meant for an audience that only exists in parallel universes...
C@LAg
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yet another Disney production meant for an audience that only exists in parallel universes...
maybe they can use The Doctor's TARDIS to go back in time to a point before their movies and streaming services stared losing huge amounts of money.
ttu_85
ABATTBQ11 said:

And yet another Disney movie that has, by deliberate design, zero marketing appeal to me or my demographic. Which is odd given we have some of the highest levels of discretionary income.
Maroon Dawn
AG
All of time and space and somehow it all looks exactly the same: like Hollywood 2024
APHIS AG
Since the BBC is government owned, ratings do not mean crap, just like Disney productions.
C@LAg
APHIS AG said:

Since the BBC is government owned, ratings do not mean crap, just like Disney productions.
except disney is now co-funding each season to the tune of $100MM for exclusive streaming rights on Disney+.

and yes. ratings do matter to the BBC as well. it is why many shows do not get new series.
OregonAggie
AG
I didn't get any gay vibes from the trailer. Am I missing something? I don't know any of the actors either.

I've had a few bourbons tonight so forgive me if I missed something obvious
BigRobSA
That looks dumb as **** . Why can't Hollywood come up with good, original content?

Dr. Who wasn't something the world was clamoring for, black/gay or not.
C@LAg
OregonAggie said:

I didn't get any gay vibes from the trailer. Am I missing something? I don't know any of the actors either.

The actor is gay and this doctor will intentionally be gay as well. Prior iterations have winked that he may occasionally go gay, but they will be explicit with that as part of this iteration's character.

the last doctor was female, and even with her they winked that she was in a relationship with her primary female companion.

it is what it is.

all that aside, i am more amused by the absolute deemphasis of white males in the trailer; not which monster or man he wants to stick his sonic screwdriver into.

aggiejayrod
AG
OregonAggie said:

The new doctor is flaming

They also had a character at the beginning of the first episode that was a dude pretending to be a chick. He had the most prominent Adam's Apple I've seen in a long time. Almost feels intentional to make sure you know without a doubt he's trans
C@LAg
BigRobSA said:

That looks dumb as **** . Why can't Hollywood come up with good, original content?

You are just pissed they have not done El Doctor Misterio yet (that's the tile for the character south of the border)
Jack Boyette
The world without white people would be a war torn ****hole and at least 500 years behind where we are technologically.
Stupe
S
BigRobSA said:

You are not correct about that.

Dr. Who has a dedicated audience that has watched the series for decades. The decision to cast a woman just for social justice points turned a lot of fans away.

A traditional Doctor without all of the "make a statement" casting would bring them back.

CDUB98
AG
Ever since Capaldi's third season as the Doctor, the show has been nothing but woke bull*****
Herknav
AG
//Eventually Walt Disney stock goes to zero, it's just not paying any dividends now.//
//Herknav sends//
Bobaloo
It's lonely at the top…
TheCurl84
AG
Well hold on. This isn't without precedent. There was the black version of Wizard of Oz starring Michael Jackson in the 70s.
taxpreparer
AG
Stupe said:

BigRobSA said:

Dr. Who has a dedicated audience that has watched the series for decades. The decision to cast a woman just for social justice points turned a lot of fans away.

A traditional Doctor without all of the "make a statement" casting would bring them back.

It should be possible to cast a Doctor as any race, or either gender, without pushing a woke agenda. It SHOULD be, but apparently is not. The Doctor could even be a little green man; he is a space alien, after all.

My complaint about the trailer is it does not match the tone of previous Doctor Who episodes; too slick.
doubledog
Segregation is back baby and of course the Democrats are leading the way!
CheeseSndwch
That looks terrible, needs more…

Enzomatic
Stupe said:

BigRobSA said:

Eh I think 5 years ago you would've been right in this statement. But after their recent horrible stretch I have literally zero interest in ever watching the show again. And I'm willing to bet that's the case with a majority of former viewers/fans.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Take this to the Entertainment board, and I figure the odds that someone there will claim that what we see with our own eyes in these trailers is not in fact happening will be 100%.
#FJB
techno-ag
AG
Bring back Billie Piper.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
batchuser
Because black people love dr who. Why don't they do this to fast and furious?
frenchtoast
If I want to see black people, I'll watch sports.
BigRobSA
C@LAg said:

BigRobSA said:

You are just pissed they have not done El Doctor Misterio yet (that's the tile for the character south of the border)

Played by my tio, Beto O'rourke.

Raiderjay
great, Disney will lose a lot more money on its woke/DEI stupid campaign....
EclipseAg
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Take this to the Entertainment board, and I figure the odds that someone there will claim that what we see with our own eyes in these trailers is not in fact happening will be 100%.
It's just bad writing.
BadMoonRisin
AG
EclipseAg said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

It's just bad writing.
Bad writing due to bad writers that were picked because they are queers/women or whatever instead of for being good at their job -- writing screenplays.

The brain trust on the Entertainment board agree about the first part of the sentence, but vehemently deny the last part.

The people that make these things snicker behind closed doors about how they are going to totally own straight white malez, steal their beloved IP, and make it gay/trans/queer whatever the hell.

And then when it bombs, they blame all of the -isms and "phobias".
BigRobSA
PlutoTV has a 24hr "Dr Who channel". I see the ads on other channels when streaming. Even the old show looks dumb as hell with background quality making the original Star Trek background look futuristic as **** .
EclipseAg
AG
I've been watching the DIS board election with interest.

Nelson Peltz has won some endorsements -- most notably, Institutional Shareholder Services -- but Disney has kept its allies in line.

As a shareholder, I would love to see Peltz get on the board and shake things up. Disney has had a rubber-stamp board for decades while grossly underperforming. The whole company needs an overhaul.

https://insidethemagic.net/2024/03/disney-devasting-blow-proxy-fight-nelson-peltz-iss-endorsement-emd1/
eric76
AG
Black and gay might even be better than the previous Dr Who.
eric76
AG
BigRobSA said:

PlutoTV has a 24hr "Dr Who channel". I see the ads on other channels when streaming. Even the old show looks dumb as hell with background quality making the original Star Trek background look futuristic as **** .
Dr Who was originally rather low budget. Also, it predated Star Trek by several years and was originally in black and white.

The first Dr Who episode was originally broadcast beginning the weekend immediately after President Kennedy was assassinated.
Scotty Appleton
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I feel like my testosterone drops 100 points if I click on any thread over there with the usual suspects.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.