Doctor 'Mo (Who) trailer - not a single prominent white male to be found

5,179 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Legal Custodian
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
taxpreparer said:

Stupe said:

BigRobSA said:

That looks dumb as **** . Why can't Hollywood come up with good, original content?

Dr. Who wasn't something the world was clamoring for, black/gay or not.
You are not correct about that.

Dr. Who has a dedicated audience that has watched the series for decades. The decision to cast a woman just for social justice points turned a lot of fans away.

A traditional Doctor without all of the "make a statement" casting would bring them back.

It should be possible to cast a Doctor as any race, or either gender, without pushing a woke agenda. It SHOULD be, but apparently is not. The Doctor could even be a little green man; he is a space alien, after all.

My complaint about the trailer is it does not match the tone of previous Doctor Who episodes; too slick.
I'm willing to give Disney the talking point that they are making movies for world wide release.
But they really over-do the political push to the left.
jkag89
Old school New Who was fantastic. It was not as if minorities were in anyway underrepresented (except until the two most recent Doctors being white males). It was a fun imaginative show with great characters and storylines. Sure there were dog episodes but even the worst of these beat hands down the recent outings I sat though hoping against hope in seeing a glimmer of old Who would be present. I hate what it has become, overly preachy lazy story telling crap.
jkag89
techno-ag said:

Bring back Billie Piper.
They would even eff that up. Bringing back David Tennent and Catherine Tate certainly didn't help.
Originalman1st
That day is coming alot sooner than you think.
oldcrow91
AG
BigRobSA said:

PlutoTV has a 24hr "Dr Who channel". I see the ads on other channels when streaming. Even the old show looks dumb as hell with background quality making the original Star Trek background look futuristic as **** .

I guess you had to be there 30 or 40 years ago but I cant stand the new ones and mostly only watch Tom Baker on Tubi. The special effects are not very special but I can't stand modern cgi.
EX TEXASEX
This is the season where he becomes a gay witch doctor.
#FJB
AggieVictor10
AG
Blatant Anti white male discrimination and ZERO outrage from the tolerant left
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
Legal Custodian
AG
jkag89 said:

techno-ag said:

Bring back Billie Piper.
They would even eff that up. Bringing back David Tennent and Catherine Tate certainly didn't help.

It's terrible. But I don't even blame Whittaker cause she's a fine actress. But Chibnall damn near destroyed a show that's been on the air for 60 years.

They bring back Russel T Davies which caused a lot of excitement until the 50th specials where he pretty much promised that his goal is to make people uncomfortable watching. With the trans/gay movement. It's terrible now and as in 2010-11 Dr Who was one of the best TV shows in the world until they ruined it.
EX TEXASEX
AggieVictor10 said:

Blatant Anti white male discrimination and ZERO outrage from the tolerant left
There is zero outrage because the left is pushing all of this race swapping /whitewashing /replacement population ect. I guess you could say the left has already started the replacement population program with media/ads !!
#FJB
BigRobSA
oldcrow91 said:

BigRobSA said:

PlutoTV has a 24hr "Dr Who channel". I see the ads on other channels when streaming. Even the old show looks dumb as hell with background quality making the original Star Trek background look futuristic as **** .

I guess you had to be there 30 or 40 years ago but I cant stand the new ones and mostly only watch Tom Baker on Tubi. The special effects are not very special but I can't stand modern cgi.

I'm 52. I was there, but never got the draw to the show. To me, it was typically "British". And, yes, I mean that in a derogatory manner. Fight me!!!

C@LAg
BigRobSA said:

oldcrow91 said:

BigRobSA said:

I'm 52. I was there, but never got the draw to the show. To me, it was typically "British". And, yes, I mean that in a derogatory manner. Fight me!!!

shouldn't you be somewhere taking half a siesta, abuelo?
C@LAg
how trashy.

Ncuti Gatwa Wants 'Doctor Who' To Feature A Dance Scene Where The Doctor "Destroys A Monster With Twerking"

https://thatparkplace.com/ncuti-gatwa-wants-doctor-who-to-feature-dance-scene-where-the-doctor-destroys-a-monster-with-twerking/

Actor Ncuti Gatwa, who plays the 15th Doctor on Doctor Who, recently promoted the upcoming series by sharing that he wants the show to feature a dance scene that has the Doctor destroy "a monster with twerking."

He informed the outlet, "I need a big dance number! That's what I'm going to put into the universe: I need the Doctor to have a big, fierce dance routine that, like, destroys a monster with twerking."

He added, "Or maybe some death drops, and that's what will drop the monster."

Not only did Gatwa reveal he wants a dance number with twerking, he also confirmed the show will attempt to push disordered sexual behavior.

None of this is surprising. As reported by The Daily Mail, Gatwa previously promised that the show would lean into his leftist, liberal bubble.

He said, "As I say, I live in a very leftist, liberal bubble. And in fact, there's a really great episode coming up next year where we lean into that."

Gibson even admitted that many viewers will be put off by the show, "Some people might think, 'This isn't the Doctor Who I know.' But I'm really excited to see it … It's really cool that they're doing concepts like these and changing it up."

The show has only lost viewers since it returned last year. The first standalone episode featuring Gatwa, "The Church on Ruby Road" was one of the least watched debuts for a new Doctor in the history of the show. It only saw 4.7 million people tune in to the episode in the United Kingdom.

The episode only outperformed the first episode of Doctor Who, "An Unearthly Child" that saw William Hartnell play the Doctor. That episode, which premiered back in 1963 only brought in 4.4 million viewers and saw significantly reduced viewership due to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Subsequent episodes of Hartnell's Doctor saw viewership balloon to 10.4 million by its 10th episode.
Tabasco
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Take this to the Entertainment board, and I figure the odds that someone there will claim that what we see with our own eyes in these trailers is not in fact happening will be 100%.
This. I remember 15 years ago (it was one of the 2 hollywood posters, can't remember which one) that assured me that everyone being gay, bi-racial marriage, POC on commercials and tv shows was just to include them because they consume content too and so they feel represented... and has nothing to do with an attempt at social change or drive a political narrative. The brow-beating narrative from the poster was really rich, and before it became as ubiquitous as it is now.
BadMoonRisin
AG
ITz jUsT bAd wRiTiNg...

Not that they apparently took the gayest man in Britan and made a show that HE is excited to see, even if he knows it will bring In less viewers.

Your wish come true
Claverack
BigRobSA said:

oldcrow91 said:

BigRobSA said:

I understand that totally. Never watched it.

Benny Hill on the other hand...

I would watch every chance I got...for the comedy of course!

APHIS AG
Used to be a fan of Doctor Who until they decided that he was instead to be a she. Have not seen an episode since but have heard that things have gotten worse.
EKUAg
AG
Stupe said:

BigRobSA said:

That looks dumb as **** . Why can't Hollywood come up with good, original content?

Dr. Who has a dedicated audience that has watched the series for decades. The decision to cast a woman just for social justice points turned a lot of fans away.

Show runner during the Jodie Whittaker period was awful too.

Way to wreck a franchise. I got into Dr Who in College in the late 70s.

sleepybeagle
AG
EKUAg said:

Stupe said:

BigRobSA said:

Show runner during the Jodie Whittaker period was awful too.

Way to wreck a franchise. I got into Dr Who in College in the late 70s.
Yes - in the 70s. That's when I started watching. Haven't watched in years as it turned from Si-Fi into Work Fantasy.

But - just when I thought it couldn't get worse... I watched that trailer!
sleepybeagle
CDUB98
AG
Doctor Who has sucked ass since the Capaldi's third season as The Doctor. I watched through the Jodi Whitaker fiasco just to see, but haven't even bothered with the new guy.

Leftist ruin everything because the only thing they know and understand is pushing for their causes 24/7.
Legal Custodian
AG
CDUB98 said:

Doctor Who has sucked ass since the Capaldi's third season as The Doctor. I watched through the Jodi Whitaker fiasco just to see, but haven't even bothered with the new guy.

Leftist ruin everything because the only thing they know and understand is pushing for their causes 24/7.
Doctor Who was one of the hottest shows in television around the 2011 mark. Then they made the decision to only release a new season every two years. It killed any momentum it had worldwide. And then they started slowly introducing all this leftist crap.

Throw in some terrible writing and show running by Chibnall and they took averaging 7.44 million viewers in Capaldi's first season to averaging 4.95 by Jodie's final season.

When you look at the Christmas Special for Matt Smith's final season where Capaldi was introduced it had 11.97 million viewers. This past Christmas Special introducing Ncuti was 7.49.

They have ran one of the most interesting and long running shows in the world into the ground. I was hoping Russell T Davies being brought back to run the show would take it back to the mid-2000's when it was great TV. But unfortunately it doesn't seem that way. They are more concerned with DEI than good storytelling.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.