Who's voting for Biden/Harris?

11,079 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by annie88
Rocag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Believing that conservatives haven't done the exact same to liberals is terribly naive.

Even on this forum anyone to the left of Mitt Romney is accused of being a communist who wants to turn the country into Venezuela.
YNWA.2013
Ah the "well that guy over there is doing it too" argument.
-FTA c/o 2013
Gigem314
AG
Biden's main voting demographic...

DrEvazanPhD
Rocag said:

Believing that conservatives haven't done the exact same to liberals is terribly naive.

Even on this forum anyone to the left of Mitt Romney is accused of being a communist who wants to turn the country into Venezuela.

That's only because everyone to the left of mittens *is* a communist who wants to turn this country into Venezuela
Bubblez
Assuming Trump is on the ballot, I am voting Biden / Harris.

If a reasonable mainstream Republican was on the ballot, then my vote likely would be different.
jja79
AG
Which is exactly what the last 3 years have given us. Not sure why you brought up a fact that doesn't support your argument.
barbacoa taco
AG
Rocag said:

Is it so hard for you to accept that I believe the policies I support are better for America and its citizens than the alternatives put forward by the Republican Party? If we default to calling those that disagree with us evil / supporters of evil there's really no hope for intelligent political discourse.
The thing is, does the "Republican Party" have any real policies anymore other than doing what Trump wants? This isn't hyperbole. It's a legitimate concern. Trump completely owns the party, through and through. Anyone who speaks out against him within the party is either ousted or shunned. There is no room for disagreement with him. just look at the RNC purge from yesterday. I bet all of those folks were all in on Trump, but maybe they weren't quite loyal enough. Anyone worth a damn who was in his cabinet resigned or was fired for not being faithful enough.

This is the kind of stuff that scares me. Yes, this is how it all starts. Trump is a wannabe dictator and isn't shy about it. He's a criminal, and a traitor to the country who tries to rip up the constitution when it stands in his way. He wants to use his power to exact revenge on his political enemies. He's erratic, unpredictable, and acts like a mob boss. But deep down he's mostly broken. He needs therapy, and the American people shouldn't be the subjects of a crazy man's therapy session.

So yeah. I (like many on my side) aren't happy BIden is running again. No one wants to vote for a guy in his 80s. But it's a clear no brainer here. Biden is an old man who has passed some good legislation (infrastructure act, chips and science act) and fallen short in many ways. Trump is a megalomaniac who has no agenda other than getting revenge on people. I'm legitimately scared for my kids' future if Trump is elected again. It will be so much uglier and nastier than his first term. This isn't a close call. I'll be there on the first day of early voting to vote Biden (and Colin Allred). The GOP of today is a truly disgusting institution that needs to be resoundingly defeated.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Bubblez said:

Assuming Trump is on the ballot, I am voting Biden / Harris.

If a reasonable mainstream Republican was on the ballot, then my vote likely would be different.

There it is

The most perfect example of the CM and their lie about "I just HAVE to vote Dem because I'm sooooo Concerned about the lack of Moderate conservatives"
Gigem314
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

Is it so hard for you to accept that I believe the policies I support are better for America and its citizens than the alternatives put forward by the Republican Party? If we default to calling those that disagree with us evil / supporters of evil there's really no hope for intelligent political discourse.
The thing is, does the "Republican Party" have any real policies anymore other than doing what Trump wants? This isn't hyperbole. It's a legitimate concern. Trump completely owns the party, through and through. Anyone who speaks out against him within the party is either ousted or shunned. There is no room for disagreement with him. just look at the RNC purge from yesterday. I bet all of those folks were all in on Trump, but maybe they weren't quite loyal enough. Anyone worth a damn who was in his cabinet resigned or was fired for not being faithful enough.

This is the kind of stuff that scares me. Yes, this is how it all starts. Trump is a wannabe dictator and isn't shy about it. He's a criminal, and a traitor to the country who tries to rip up the constitution when it stands in his way. He wants to use his power to exact revenge on his political enemies. He's erratic, unpredictable, and acts like a mob boss. But deep down he's mostly broken. He needs therapy, and the American people shouldn't be the subjects of a crazy man's therapy session.

So yeah. I (like many on my side) aren't happy BIden is running again. No one wants to vote for a guy in his 80s. But it's a clear no brainer here. Biden is an old man who has passed some good legislation (infrastructure act, chips and science act) and fallen short in many ways. Trump is a megalomaniac who has no agenda other than getting revenge on people. I'm legitimately scared for my kids' future if Trump is elected again. It will be so much uglier and nastier than his first term. This isn't a close call. I'll be there on the first day of early voting to vote Biden (and Colin Allred). The GOP of today is a truly disgusting institution that needs to be resoundingly defeated.

barbacoa taco
AG
instead of making fun of that statement, why not take it to heart and think about how much Trump and the GOP have alienated voters that may otherwise vote for them?
barbacoa taco
AG
mocking is what people do when they have no defense to what the other person is saying
Maroon Dawn
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

"Nooooo!!! All that peace and prosperity was awful! I want 4 more years of inflation, division and WW3 because Orange Man bad in vague ways that Share Blue tells me!"
Gigem314
AG
barbacoa taco said:

mocking is what people do when they have no defense to what the other person is saying
It's not mocking, it's the truth.

You blindly support a person like Biden who shreds the Constitution and punishes his political enemies because they're people you don't like...while trying to pretend Republicans have no actual positions because 'Trump bad'.

It's looney.
Slicer97
AG
Rocag said:

The Democrat Party is cool with normalizing illegal immigration and pedophilia. That seems pretty evil to me.
barbacoa taco
AG
1) the USA has handled inflation well compared to other western countries
2) division? Trump is the most divisive president we've had in recent history. Everything he does is divisive. he's incapable of being anything but that.
3) WW3... I don't agree with how Biden has handled the Israel/Hamas war but Trump has made it clear he'd be way more aggressive and brutal. He'd also withdraw all support from Ukraine and encourage Putin to further invade. Also I can't believe this needs to be said but WE DONT HAVE BOOTS ON THE GROUND IN EITHER PLACE.
John Armfield
barbacoa taco said:

lol how do you defend the indefensible Biden is a disaster.
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

"Nooooo!!! All that peace and prosperity was awful! I want 4 more years of inflation, division and WW3 because Orange Man bad in vague ways that Share Blue tells me!"
"All I want is for my guy to be able to shred the Constitution, behave like a dictator, and punish the political enemies I don't like....just not the other guy!"
Old McDonald
i'm voting for the guy who wants to sever china's ownership of their psyop spyware app in america, over the guy who now wants china to keep owning it because one of their investors wrote him a check
John Armfield
barbacoa taco said:

1) the USA has handled inflation well compared to other western countries
2) division? Trump is the most divisive president we've had in recent history. Everything he does is divisive
3) WW3... I don't agree with how Biden has handled the Israel/Hamas war but Trump has made it clear he'd be way more aggressive and brutal. He'd also withdraw all support from Ukraine and encourage Putin to further invade. Also I can't believe this needs to be said but WE DONT HAVE BOOTS ON THE GROUND IN EITHER PLACE.
now do the border under Biden
Gigem314
AG
John Armfield said:

barbacoa taco said:

lol how do you defend the indefensible Biden is a disaster.
But...he's a good father who tries real hard and passes some good things. He never punishes his enemies, ignores laws, or behaves like a dictator. Team Blue!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Do you expect us to ignore the evidence right in front of us?
TxAgPreacher
S
Rocag said:

Transgenderism is evil.
Homosexuality is evil.
Using hard working taxpayers money for non citizens is evil.
Abortion is evil.

Name one good moral wholesome thing the Biden agenda is pushing?

Seems like you are calling good evil and evil good. I cannot tolerate or go along with evil.
TRADUCTOR
Best for your dumb ass pronoun zem zer vote and stay home. Or go establishing the fact you support a vile corrupt dementia riddled pedo that showers with 12yo tween and raised a drug fueled sex trafficking criminal son. Creeps vote for creeps.

Ags4DaWin
Rocag said:

Biden has had congress and the Senate for 4 years now. Which means they have had pretty much free reign to institute those liberal policies you love.

Please tell us exactly what about your life and the country at large is better now than it was 5 years ago.

I will wait.
American Hardwood
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

What you just described is the democrat party from about 1990-2010. The complete purge of anything that wasn't radical left. The bellwether moment for me was when Joe Lieberman was purged from the party. If you aren't on board with the progressive leftist agenda at ANY level, you are eliminated, politically speaking. I mean you have Soros funding local municipal level elections for crying out loud.

You wrong about the republicans though. Trumpism does certainly have it's influence at a national level, but at the state and local level it is a more of a push of traditional conservatism. The GOP IS moving right, but it isn't all about Trump. Trump is more a populist with some conservative leanings, some not. The only purging going on of any scale in the GOP is rejecting RINO's.

And as for as Trump as a dictator, he was president for 4 years. He was handed his dictator moment on a silver platter with covid and he did not take the tyrannical course, so your great fears seem extremely hollow.

It really is amazing how virtually every single word of your post has ALREADY been done by the party you support and you don't even see it. Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.
annie88
AG
Morons?

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
doubledog
v1rotate92 said:

Just an informal poll…
I have just polled all of my dead relatives... Apparently they are all voting Democratic, was I surprised!

I am curious, does dead voters include the brain dead voters?
American Hardwood
AG
Rocag said:

Please list the top 3 policies of the democrat party platform that you support and think are better for America.
bobbranco
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Sadly your long post is squishy. Don't run away from your feelings.
cevans_40
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Yeah what's up. Y'all just wanna have a go at me on a Tuesday morning for no good reason or what.

There is a perfectly good reason.
Bubblez
American Hardwood said:

barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

What you just described is the democrat party from about 1990-2010. The complete purge of anything that wasn't radical left. The bellwether moment for me was when Joe Lieberman was purged from the party. If you aren't on board with the progressive leftist agenda at ANY level, you are eliminated, politically speaking. I mean you have Soros funding local municipal level elections for crying out loud.

You wrong about the republicans though. Trumpism does certainly have it's influence at a national level, but at the state and local level it is a more of a push of traditional conservatism. The GOP IS moving right, but it isn't all about Trump. Trump is more a populist with some conservative leanings, some not. The only purging going on of any scale in the GOP is rejecting RINO's.

And as for as Trump as a dictator, he was president for 4 years. He was handed his dictator moment on a silver platter with covid and he did not take the tyrannical course, so your great fears seem extremely hollow.

It really is amazing how virtually every single word of your post has ALREADY been done by the party you support and you don't even see it. Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.
If you don't think Trumpism has infested the GOP at all levels, then you have your head in the sand.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
If Biden wins re-election, and don't kid yourself, there are plenty out there who will vote for him, can you even imagine how emboldened they'll be knowing they've gotten away with all they have and there's no stopping them for the next four years?

Take your pick -- open borders/immigration, insane levels of government spending, full court press on oil & gas, more non-economic business regulation ...

Like the late country singer Hank Snow sang all those many years ago:

Quote:

Warning signs are flashing by us, but we pay no heed,
'Stead of slowing down the pace, we keep a pickin' up speed.

As a bad motorcycle with the devil in the seat,
Doin' 90 miles an hour down a dead end street.

- Ninety Miles an Hour (Down a Dead End Street)
Ags4DaWin
barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

This is the kind of stuff that scares me. Yes, this is how it all starts. Trump is a wannabe dictator and isn't shy about it. He's a criminal, name a crime he has been convicted of. Go ahead. I will wait and a traitor to the country who tries to rip up the constitution when it stands in his way. these are wonderful propaganda statements. And yet if he had done any of those things he would be in prison right now. Please tell me how is that not possible after 8 years of investigations and the Russia hoax being proven to be a collusion effort on behalf of the GBI, CIA, AND THE CLINTONS) He wants to use his power to exact revenge on his political enemies. He's erratic, unpredictable, and acts like a mob boss. But deep down he's mostly broken. He needs therapy, And yet you will say voting for a man who showers with his daughters is the right thing to do. Hmmmmm and the American people shouldn't be the subjects of a crazy man's therapy session.

So yeah. I (like many on my side) aren't happy BIden is running again. No one wants to vote for a guy in his 80s. But it's a clear no brainer here. Biden is an old man who has passed some good legislation (infrastructure act, chips and science act) infrastructure act did nothing. I am assuming microchips. We just had posts on here outlining how DEI insertions made all the chip makers he was courting choose to manufacture abroad instead. Science act? LOL it was such good legislation i have never heard of it. Bidenomics? 50% inflation says his policies suck. Closing down pipelines. Eliminating oil and gas leases. Endless foreign wars. Great policies definitely worth voting forand fallen short in many ways. Trump is a megalomaniac who has no agenda other than getting revenge on people. I'm legitimately scared for my kids' future if Trump is elected again. Everyone says this when their argument or the person they vote against has nothing worth voting for. If you are voting this way then you have been brainwashed by the system. Congrats. The democrats platform has always been one of fear "Bush hates black people" "Romney will out you back in chains" "Trump hates women and gays and will put you in internment camps". If you can't see a pattern here then you are beyond helpIt will be so much uglier and nastier than his first term. This isn't a close call. I'll be there on the first day of early voting to vote Biden (and Colin Allred). The GOP of today is a truly disgusting institution that needs to be resoundingly defeated.

You seem to be a little unhinged.
bobbranco
AG
I see rivers upon rivers upon rivers.
barbacoa taco
AG
American Hardwood said:

barbacoa taco said:

Rocag said:

Democrats in the 90s were pretty much moderate Republicans today. Clinton was not a progressive. At all. Right now the Dems are insufferable with their purity tests on everyone. I agree that we should be critical of our leaders, but if anything the left is pretty split at the moment, between progressives and liberals.

It IS largely about Trump. Yes, the GOP is moving right. But a candidate's conservatism is measured by how Trumpy they are. I watched the TX state elections closely last week. Ken Paxton (who is basically an extension of Trump) was on a revenge tour and succeeded in a lot of races where he backed a primary challenger. Dissenters are being purged. And it's not just about personal views... the CCA justices who were ousted just ruled against Paxton on a clear cut constitutional issue, and he didn't like that. If you go against the powers that be, you're gone.

Going against the grain is not tolerated. Some very conservative members of the TX Lege got ousted last week. it's not just TX. a lot of people in the party are getting pushed out. soon it's all going to be a big Trump enterprise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.