Matt Walsh roasts the fake Apollo mission theories

25,360 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by BlueTaze
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CanyonAg77 said:

The fact that Russia, China, Vietnam, or none of our other enemies of the time "debunked" the moon landing is really all the proof you need that it was real

Our government is evil and does evil things and constantly lies to us…but THIS. Agreed 100%.

This is probably the only reason I fully believe without a doubt that we landed on the moon.

But our government would totally fake such a thing if it didn't have the real capability to pull it off. They rig elections, engage in hoaxes, and lie to us far more than they tell the truth.
MouthBQ98
AG
2. The moon has a small fraction of Earth's gravity and escape velocity. It is also covered with several inches to feet of fairly homogeneous dust churned up from countless micrometeorite impacts. The short blast of rocket mostly hit the bottom portion of the lander that was left behind detached to reduce the takeoff weight and therefore barely disturbed the launching return portion of the lander.

2/4 so far. Easy common sense explanations.
CSTXAg92
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

CSTXAg92 said:

4) Why do the crew of Apollo 11 (Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins) have a 'star' (it's actually shaped like the moon) on Hollywood's Walk of Fame? Mind you, the stars were awarded to members of the entertainment community.

The same reason the Chevrolet Suburban, Muhammad Ali, Terry Bradshaw, and Richard Branson have one…because anyone can be nominated (nominate themselves) and buy a star that will pay for it.
Sort of, but not really. You nor I could nominate ourselves and receive a star, even if we agreed to pay for it. That's because we aren't in the Entertainment Industry.

All of those you mention above got their star because they've been in the Entertainment Industry - that is, they've been in movies made by Hollywood.
MouthBQ98
AG
3. There is probably some dust, but not much if it wasn't disturbed much due to the low thrust needed for low gravity.
MouthBQ98
AG
They were hugely famous TV celebrities at the time after achieving this first and were considered worthy of acknowledgement as being the stars of what was the most watched event in the history of television broadcasting until this decade. I'd say they earned it.
Ag Since 83
AG
BigRobSA
CSTXAg92 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

CSTXAg92 said:

4) Why do the crew of Apollo 11 (Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins) have a 'star' (it's actually shaped like the moon) on Hollywood's Walk of Fame? Mind you, the stars were awarded to members of the entertainment community.

The same reason the Chevrolet Suburban, Muhammad Ali, Terry Bradshaw, and Richard Branson have one…because anyone can be nominated (nominate themselves) and buy a star that will pay for it.
Sort of, but not really. You nor I could nominate ourselves and receive a star, even if we agreed to pay for it. That's because we aren't in the Entertainment Industry.

All of those you mention above got their star because they've been in the Entertainment Industry - that is, they've been in movies made by Hollywood.

Very basic research

Quote:

In the early 1970s, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce honored the Apollo XI mission and the U.S. astronauts who landed on the moon on July 20, 1969 with a uniquely-designed special award in the category of Television as a tribute to the first televised Walk on the Moon.

MookieBlaylock
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

CSTXAg92 said:

Wut
Terry Bradshaw an actor and TV host
Same for Ali
Same with Branson
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Ah yes, everyone knows those three for their extensive contributions to the theater arts, that's why they have stars. Convenient that you skipped the Chevrolet Suburban. Can you help me with what outstanding acting it did to earn a star?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
CSTXAg92
AG
The Chevy Suburban has been in over 1,750 films since 1960, so it's earned a star in Hollywood.
DargelSkout
AG
Those astronauts having stars on a sidewalk might be the dumbest argument for it being fake.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

The Chevy Suburban has been in over 1,750 films since 1960, so it's earned a star in Hollywood.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Ag CPA
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

aTmAg said:

Mongolian Christmas said:

I'm not saying I believe it was fake. But you know, many here believed the feds and the media about Covid vaccines being safe, free and effective. I supported the Iraq war based on WMDs. I also bought the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Maybe there's nothing wrong with approaching things with a healthy dose of skepticism. I wouldn't put anything past these criminals.
Not all skepticism are equal.

There is a difference between being skeptical of the covid vaccine and thinking the Earth is flat.

Moon landing denial is equivalent to round Earth denial
I think most Americans take the moon landing at face value. That is, you were taught that we landed on the moon, therefore, it must have been true. In 2024, we absolutely know our government tried to blame a global pandemic on a virus spread via a wet market. We also know our government told us Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction in his arsenal, though none have ever been verified. These are only two of countless verifiable inconsistencies with truth and what our government have told us. I would encourage you to research the lunar landing topic in more detail before adopting or maintaining a definitive position on the topic. During your research, be sure you can answer all of these questions:

1) How were the videos beamed to Earth from the moon? We've all driven past giant satellite dishes the broadcast companies use to send signals on Earth. How were they able to send signals from the moon to Earth without a similarly huge antennae? Also, how were those broadcasts powered? 239,000 miles is *a long way* for a signal to travel and as a result it would have to be a *very powerful* signal to make it that far.

2) Why is there no sign of even a slight blast crater below or around the lander?

3) The lunar lander pad surfaces are all shiny. Why was there no dust on those surfaces kicked up from the lander's thrusters?

There are countless other questions on this topic that should give any objective person pause before enthusiastically deriding those who are cautiously skeptical, especially when we know what we know about our government's track record with the truth.
And you have an AgTag...
MookieBlaylock
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Ah yes, everyone knows those three for their extensive contributions to the theater arts, that's why they have stars. Convenient that you skipped the Chevrolet Suburban. Can you help me with what outstanding acting it did to earn a star?

Commercials

Your but you know that
GAC06
AG
Like a moth to a flame. These threads always flush out at least one "independent thinker"
CSTXAg92
AG
Ag CPA said:

CSTXAg92 said:

aTmAg said:

I'm not saying I believe it was fake. But you know, many here believed the feds and the media about Covid vaccines being safe, free and effective. I supported the Iraq war based on WMDs. I also bought the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Maybe there's nothing wrong with approaching things with a healthy dose of skepticism. I wouldn't put anything past these criminals.
Not all skepticism are equal.

There is a difference between being skeptical of the covid vaccine and thinking the Earth is flat.

Moon landing denial is equivalent to round Earth denial
I think most Americans take the moon landing at face value. That is, you were taught that we landed on the moon, therefore, it must have been true. In 2024, we absolutely know our government tried to blame a global pandemic on a virus spread via a wet market. We also know our government told us Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction in his arsenal, though none have ever been verified. These are only two of countless verifiable inconsistencies with truth and what our government have told us. I would encourage you to research the lunar landing topic in more detail before adopting or maintaining a definitive position on the topic. During your research, be sure you can answer all of these questions:

1) How were the videos beamed to Earth from the moon? We've all driven past giant satellite dishes the broadcast companies use to send signals on Earth. How were they able to send signals from the moon to Earth without a similarly huge antennae? Also, how were those broadcasts powered? 239,000 miles is *a long way* for a signal to travel and as a result it would have to be a *very powerful* signal to make it that far.

2) Why is there no sign of even a slight blast crater below or around the lander?

3) The lunar lander pad surfaces are all shiny. Why was there no dust on those surfaces kicked up from the lander's thrusters?

There are countless other questions on this topic that should give any objective person pause before enthusiastically deriding those who are cautiously skeptical, especially when we know what we know about our government's track record with the truth.
And you have an AgTag...

I realize if it can't be shown in a T Chart, or fed to you in a rule or regulation, you have a hard time with it.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That's why I went after that one specifically.

My grandfather worked for NASA from the early 1960s through the space shuttle missions and was in Mission Control. The cities of Clear Lake and Friendswood mostly revolved around JSC for years. It's hard to explain unless you were there (I wasn't, but there's definitely folks here who were). To me, that's the best evidence that it wasn't faked…all of south Houston would have had to be in on it.

I went to reunions for the Mission Control guys (and one or two really cool old ladies) on the anniversary of the landings each year at JSC for several years. Again, if it was fake, those people were all still playing along.

I asked my grandfather what he thought about the people who said they faked it (before he passed in 2015) and he just laughed and said, "yeah, we faked it." Haha!

The restored Mission Control is pretty cool if you haven't been.

bangobango
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

That's why I went after that one specifically.

My grandfather worked for NASA from the early 1960s through the space shuttle missions and was in Mission Control. The cities of Clear Lake and Friendswood mostly revolved around JSC for years. It's hard to explain unless you were there (I wasn't, but there's definitely folks here who were). To me, that's the best evidence that it wasn't faked…all of south Houston would have had to be in on it.

I went to reunions for the Mission Control guys (and one or two really cool old ladies) on the anniversary of the landings each year at JSC for several years. Again, if it was fake, those people were all still playing along.

I asked my grandfather what he thought about the people who said they faked it (before he passed in 2015) and he just laughed and said, "yeah, we faked it." Haha!

The restored Mission Control is pretty cool if you haven't been.

Pretty obvious you're in on the conspiracy, too.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Walsh said it the best: you can question the evidence of the moon landing all you want, but there is absolutely zero evidence of a hoax being perpetrated. There would have to be thousands of people in on it, you would think there would be one person in the 60 years since willing to come forward of how they got away with it. There hasn't been.

People keep bringing up COVID as a false equivalency. We have tons of direct evidence of people admitting that they were making stuff up as they went along and how they did get away with that. It's not the same thing.
MaxPower
GAC06 said:

In the age where we have access to more information than ever before, people are increasingly ignorant. People just go down a rabbit hole of crap curated for them by some algorithm and have no clue they are way off in crazy land by themselves.
More access to communicate, whether what is said qualifies as information is another thing altogether.
ABATTBQ11
AG
GAC06 said:

In the age where we have access to more information than ever before, people are increasingly ignorant. People just go down a rabbit hole of crap curated for them by some algorithm and have no clue they are way off in crazy land by themselves.

Well, you have to consider that in an age where we have access to more information than ever, we have exponentially more access to disinformation than ever. Regardless of rabbit holes, it is much more difficult to find the signal of truth within all of the noise because the noise has become so amplified.
Old McDonald
CSTXAg92 said:

oh my god you're one of them
DeLaHonta
AG
DargelSkout said:

Those astronauts having stars on a sidewalk might be the dumbest argument for it being fake.
This is how you know he's trolling. Nobody is stupid enough to make this argument.

Everyone in NASA, aerospace contractors, foreign intelligence agencies, etc kept it a secret, but the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce slipped up and spilled the beans. Even the entire crew allegedly filming it on the soundstage kept it a secret, but that Chamber of Commerce with their loose lips…
bmks270
AG
Doubt rises as the people alive at the time die off.
It's already happening with 9/11.

People are stupid these days. Very stupid.

For example, a lot people believe you can change your sex. If people will believe that, then there's nothing people won't believe. No pill is too big to swallow it seems.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
rgag12 said:

Is space even real?

If the sun is so hot, then why is "space" supposedly so cold??
There is a guy in Lubbock who has your answer.
The Kraken
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

During your research, be sure you can answer all of these questions:

When I see a person posting these questions, I know they haven't actually done any research as every bit of doubt and questions from the deniers has been answered and explained time and time again.

1) You don't need a large dish to broadcast a signal if you have a large receiver dish, which is what was used during Apollo and is how we communicate with our probes to other planets and even to Voyager 1 and 2 which are both well beyond the solar system. Here's the one in Australia that was used during the Apollo missions

2) The LMs had 5' long contact probes attached the bottom of 3 of the 4 landing pads. Once contact was made with surface, an indicator light would activate and the astronauts would cut the descent engine off and let the lander fall naturally to the surface. Also consider that in the vacuum of space, the rocket thrust expanded outwards without the presence of an atmosphere, so the thrust wasn't focused on a spot directly below....you can see this during rocket launches as the rocket gets higher into the thinner upper atmosphere, the exhaust gases expand quite a bit outward. You can see on the films that were taken of each descent the regolith dust being pushed outward, but again the thrust was not strong and focused enough to leave a blast crater. If you watch the TV footage of Armstrong as he steps onto the surface, among his first comments on the condition of the soil is that there isn't much of blast crater, which is something NASA scientists and engineers had wondered about. If NASA had faked the landing, why wouldn't they have added a blast crater?

3) The reason there's no regolith on the struts and pads is because there is no atmosphere to suspend the dust. Any dust kicked up follows a ballistic path out and down. As soon as the engine was cut off, the last regolith that was kicked out fell to the surface well before the pads touched down.

4) The first moon landing is the most watched live event in the history of television. That's why Hollywood gave the crew a TV star.

You have any more questions? Go for it. I've seen them all.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Buck Turgidson
TexAgs91 said:

This world is f'd up. Have the Dark Ages begun again?

Started not quite 4 years ago.
CanyonAg77
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Why? What proof do you have of the moon landing that wasn't fed to you?

Oh, I don't know. How about a 363 foot tall, 30 feet in diameter, 6,5 million pound rocket launching in view of millions of people?

so that proves a rocket launch and nothing else

I'm assuming you're attempting humor. If a real response, you're hopeless
lotoarmy
AG
I believe it because I watched them walk on the moon on a 8" black and white tv, with rabbit ears, while sitting on a bunk, in an Army Barracks, in Ft. Benning, GA.

The only thing hard to believe was that the tv was loaned to us by our drill sgt. (He said to cover the windows and keep it quiet or we would all be in trouble.)
Last of the Old Army
Change Detection
AG
rgag12 said:

Is space even real?

Let me guess, you are not an engineer or ever really studied heat transfer?

I really cannot believe the amount of ignorance on this thread. Some of you really might want to do some research and perhaps learn some basic engineering and physics.

I worked at the Johnson Space Center in MOD Training Division for many years as have a few people on this forum, and I have sat down in conversation with crew who have been to the moon and have worked side by side with many shuttle crew. I can tell you that anyone who believes any of that was faked is a fool.
Change Detection
AG
You might also go and look for the imagery taken from vehicles that have either flown by the moon or have orbited. Those images show the landing sites and for those missions that had the rover....you can see the wheel tracks.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Change Detection said:

rgag12 said:

Is space even real?

Let me guess, you are not an engineer or ever really studied heat transfer?

I really cannot believe the amount of ignorance on this thread. Some of you really might want to do some research and perhaps learn some basic engineering and physics.

I worked at the Johnson Space Center in MOD Traini g Division for many years as have a few people on this forum, and I have sat down in conversation with crew who have been to the moon and have worked side by side with many shuttle crew. I can tell you that anyone who believes any of that was faked is a fool.

I think this particular question was sarcasm, but I could be wrong.
The Kraken
AG
Change Detection said:

You might also go and look for the imagery taken from vehicles that have either flown by the moon or have orbited. Those images show the landing sites and for those missions that had the rover....you can see the wheel tracks.
Yes, from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter but also orbiters from Japan and India. Guess they are in on the cover up too, huh?

Photo from India's orbiter of Tranquility Base

91AggieLawyer
AG
Old McDonald said:

CSTXAg92 said:

oh my god you're one of them

Please. Ad hominem is NOT persuasive.

I don't particularly buy his argument, but if you're going to debate, DEBATE. If he's so easy to disprove, DO IT. But attacking him personally shows how weak YOU are.

This business about x number of people being in on it, thus it couldn't be a hoax, is often misleading. In the case of NASA/Apollo, that's probably true. But don't go down that rabbit hole of using that for everything. In many cases it is NOT true, or not NECESSARILY true. There has to be a showing that there was, indeed, many people "in on it." Thus, many people had to have known and had to have known it wasn't true.

People allege it is tough to keep a secret, but that's BS. I know all sorts of secrets. So does everyone reading this thread. EVERYONE has kept stuff from their parents; everyone who's ever been married has kept things from their spouse, even if it was something innocent. You've kept stuff from family members, even things others within your family have told you. For friends and acquaintances, multiply that by 10. For bosses, by 100 or more. I can assure you, if you know something that, if it got out would cost you money or would threaten your safety (real or imagined), you wouldn't tell. So spare me the idea that too many would have had to have been in on it for it to have been a hoax. That is simply not persuasive.

With that said, although I wasn't there, I'm as sure we landed on the moon as I am that the Germans bombed it.
The Kraken
AG
Quote:

With that said, although I wasn't there, I'm as sure we landed on the moon as I am that the Germans bombed it.
Well ze Germans never bombed the moon….

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.