USA Womens Soccer Team

5,609 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by ShaggySLC
John Armfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lost to Mexico LMAO go woke lose.....way to go Mexico

Does Mexico win over USWNT mark a new chapter of the rivalry? - ESPN
vansprinkle
AG
Eh, if it were the Mexican 12 and under boys team, then I'd have some concern.
C@LAg
thanks op for reminding me that the women's soccer team exists.

the only place I ever see them mentioned is on texags.
96AgGrad
AG
I liked Mia Hamm's generation which seemed a lot more patriotic. She was married to a Marine helicopter pilot at one time. Now IDGAF.
John Armfield
C@LAg said:

thanks op for reminding me that the women's soccer team exists.

the only place I ever see them mentioned is on texags.
dont like you knew it existed when that purple haired freak was on the team
TexasAggiesWin
S
GAC06
AG
96AgGrad said:

I liked Mia Hamm's generation which seemed a lot more patriotic. She was married to a Marine helicopter pilot at one time. Now IDGAF.

Chopper dudes need love too
BassCowboy33
John Armfield said:

Lost to Mexico LMAO go woke lose.....way to go Mexico

Does Mexico win over USWNT mark a new chapter of the rivalry? - ESPN

I had a lot of issues with how the U.S. Women's Team handled politics over the last 15 years, but you ain't getting me to root against my country.
C@LAg
BassCowboy33 said:

I had a lot of issues with how the U.S. Women's Team handled politics over the last 15 years, but you ain't getting me to root against my country.
it is a sports team.

they do not represent either you/me or the country, any more than any other sports team does.

they are for profit entities (well, not women's soccer of course. no one pays for that garbage.) but the point still stands. they serve themselves. not you.
jwj
They represent our country as does the bobsled team or the track team or the basketball team or the hockey team Just because I may disagree with players politics will not cause m to disrespect America
jim james
Garrelli 5000
AG
Exactly why I don't support the women's national team. They don't represent the country. They hate the country and wish it were radically different. They represent a bunch of mental midget liberals and their policies.

I know, that was redundant.
Staff - take out the trash.
ShaggySLC
They'll have a trans on the team before too long to bring them back to the promise land! Somewhere in the world an angry purple haired lesbian is thinking this is because she's not on the team.
C@LAg
jwj said:

They represent our country as does the bobsled team or the track team or the basketball team or the hockey team Just because I may disagree with players politics will not cause m to disrespect America
not supporting athletes is not disrespecting America.

you really need to get a grip.

you are sounding as hysterical as the purple haired commie.
jwj
Pick and choose when to support America
jim james
one safe place
jwj said:

They represent themselves, the soccer team.
coconutED
AG
jwj said:

The athletes on the American team don't support America. Why should I support them?
Gator92
AG
Most of the Mexican teams roster lives and trains in the US...
Claverack
coconutED said:

jwj said:

The athletes on the American team don't support America. Why should I support them?

This is the truth. If you love representing your country, then you will demonstrate this in your effort.

That national team acts and performs as if playing for their nation is the last thing they want to do.

Contrast that with USA Hockey. Regardless of where they rank on the world stage, the US men and women play for the country with everything they have in them.

ShaggySLC
jwj said:

Mocking an STD to the USA Soccer Federation, isn't picking or choosing when I support America, its making that section of America learn from their mistakes and be better. Took a once great team, skinned it, then wore its skin around like a trophy. Now they're losing to Mexico. I do not support people that hate America losing to Mexico. She's an STD because she brought this bs to the table and the USA Soccer Federation knew not to go in there but they did. Now they have a problem.
Texas velvet maestro
Pre GFloyd USWNT was probably the most successful international team in the history of soccer.
US Women's college infrastructure put us so far ahead. We threw it away.
aggiebird02
Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich!
jwj
So liberals support US soccer and maybe basketball but are against US hockey because conservatives Conservative are the reverse Just a crazy notion that we support all of our nations teams
jim james
Claverack
jwj said:

So liberals support US soccer and maybe basketball but are against US hockey because conservatives Conservative are the reverse Just a crazy notion that we support all of our nations teams
The Dream Team, in general, wasn't conservative in political orientation.

But they played, with extreme drive and passion, for the nation they represented.

That is the difference. That is a level of commitment all of us, liberal, conservative, and everyone in between, can and will get behind.

ShaggySLC
jwj said:

What? Liberals support American athletes that hate on America. Americans apparently don't support American athletes that don't like America. What was great about the 1980s hockey team was it was us vs. communism and solder hockey players. Our freedom loving college kids won. Great story.

edit: might want to listen to what the Russian players said about watching the Americans celebrate. That is why America is America!!!
Nanomachines son
Texas velvet maestro said:

Pre GFloyd USWNT was probably the most successful international team in the history of soccer.
US Women's college infrastructure put us so far ahead. We threw it away.

This happened for two reasons, they stopped caring about playing and went political and the old guard refuses to leave and the organization won't send them out to the pasture because they don't want to be called sexist.

Half the team should have retired.
Nanomachines son
Claverack said:

jwj said:

But they played, with extreme drive and passion, for the nation they represented.

That is the difference. That is a level of commitment all of us, liberal, conservative, and everyone in between, can and will get behind.

Most of those guys would have had fist fights if that is what it took to win. Just a different era.
APHIS AG
C@LAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

it is a sports team.

they do not represent either you/me or the country, any more than any other sports team does.

they are for profit entities (well, not women's soccer of course. no one pays for that garbage.) but the point still stands. they serve themselves. not you.
Correct. This team can care less about this country, only that they are getting paid for a product that very few people even attend or even care about.
Logos Stick
jwj said:

I don't have a country anymore. I live and work in the economic zone called America. America the country died. Not sure of the exact date, but sometime in the last 20 years. I have nothing in common with half this country. Nothing.

Is it ok if I don't support them?
aggiebird02
Word…
Claverack
Nanomachines son said:

Claverack said:

jwj said:

Most of those guys would have had fist fights if that is what it took to win. Just a different era.
They watched the previous games, saw the USMNT get clocked, and took the taunting of the world as if it were a personal affront.

They busted their ass for the nation in response and did some trash-talk in return. One of my favorite US teams ever.

ShaggySLC
Claverack said:

Nanomachines son said:

Claverack said:

jwj said:

They watched the previous games, saw the USMNT get clocked, and took the taunting of the world as if it were a personal affront.

They busted their ass for the nation in response and did some trash-talk in return. One of my favorite US teams ever.

The greatest, and they made a point of making people know it.
Ellis Wyatt
jwj said:

They represent our country
They're not my team. They don't represent me in any way.
jwj
Moscow is lovely in February Bye Felicia
jim james
InfantryAg
AG
jwj said:

lol
Ellis Wyatt
jwj said:

Moscow is lovely in February Bye Felicia
You seem to struggle with basic reading comprehension.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.