Gangs of illegals in NYC snatching purses

6,056 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by deddog
TexasAGGIEinAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone send groups of these migrants to attempt the same things in North Memphis, 5th Ward in New Orleans, Sunny Side in Houston or Oak Cliff in Dallas? I need a good laugh and the country needs to see how to properly deal with such occurrences.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I have zero ****s to give.
Bobaloo
Diversity is our strength!!!!!!
Rockdoc
AG
So New York is just gonna give them preloaded debit cards as a bonus?
BluHorseShu
AG
Logos Stick said:

It's getting worse by the day in the liberal cities. Don't vote for Democrats.

Biden could shut the border down this very minute but refuses.

Got your purse snatched again?
BluHorseShu
AG
annie88 said:

I've heard one of the reasons they're trying to steal a lot of phones is Apple Pay and other items on peoples phones. Apparently they're buying cars and homes with them.

We really need more concealed carry.
Why not just open carry? I would think that would be more of a deterrent.
stetson
AG
Adams is so incompetent and an empty suit. They ARE doing everything he says you don't do and he has done NOTHING about it. Absolutely NOTHING. I can't believe that NYPD would endorse him or that New Yorkers would vote for him.
Rockdoc
AG
BluHorseShu said:

annie88 said:

I've heard one of the reasons they're trying to steal a lot of phones is Apple Pay and other items on peoples phones. Apparently they're buying cars and homes with them.

Oh so you open carry?
BkYdPitmaster
AG
annie88 said:

Wow. I bought my last 2 homes with Apple Pay. And my wife's new car is on its way, yep, used AP. It's so easy. Steal a phone, Visit a home builder or local realtor. Pick a house. Hold your phone up to the checkout modem.

I think it is not yet a thing you can do with Apple Pay, stolen phone or not.
Backyard Pitmaster
ttu_85
Aggie Apotheosis said:

Rongagin71 said:

CNN has decided to move its corp office from NY to Atlanta, GA.
Even CNN is giving up on New York.

CNN's corporate office has always been in Atlanta, at the CNN center.

What makes your post doubly stupid post is that every type of crime is considerably higher in Atlanta than it is in NYC.

Comparing crime in Atlanta vs. New York

Uh crime rates for 2024 ???? One month in? Is this a forecast ? BTW really official looking website you linked-- yes this is sarcastic
Funky Winkerbean
AG
flakrat
AG
annie88 said:

How do you use Apple Pay if you can't unlock the phone?
ttu_85
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Can someone send groups of these migrants to attempt the same things in North Memphis, 5th Ward in New Orleans, Sunny Side in Houston or Oak Cliff in Dallas? I need a good laugh and the country needs to see how to properly deal with such occurrences.
Are you suggesting these SPECIFIC places have targets that have the cred to buy a house or car?

Personally if I was a criminal I'd hit West Memphis. the Woodlands, Highland Park, Buckhead or a Friday night in time square when everyone is drunk or a dumb tourist.

Then no one ever said most criminals were very smart.
annie88
AG
Proposition Joe said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

annie88 said:

This makes no sense. Apple Pay is password or biometrically protected. Any cards linked still have their regular limits (credit limits for CC, daily limits for debit). How can you buy a house with a credit card in less time than it takes for someone to report their cards as stolen? How does that make any sense at all? Do you have any evidence or are you just repeating random information you read online?

Are you new to annie88? She's probably forwarded along 17 email chains today alone.

You're completely exaggerating. And I've never forwarded an email chain in my life. I do have a life off of this forum, and it very rarely deals with politics or stupid **** like that.

There's been some times I did, but most of it's good. Like this case where it literally was in the news.

But have your fun.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
BluHorseShu said:

annie88 said:

Yeah, that probably would be better. But the surprise on their face with a concealed gun would be more amusing. Of course then again they probably wouldn't have long to realize it.
Fight Fight Fight.
ttu_85
Rockdoc said:

So New York is just gonna give them preloaded debit cards as a bonus?
So true and NY will likely do it without asking questions or personalizing the cards. This would make stealing these a big deal and lucrative.

The road to hell is often paid with good intentions and low IQ governance

Logos Stick
CDUB98 said:

Aggie Apotheosis said:

Property crime considerably higher in College Station than in New York:

Comparing Crime NYC vs. College Station

New Manhattan/Shanked Punt/Lot Y sock confirmed.

Yep
annie88
AG
Since apparently staff deleted my first response that had the original two articles linking it I'll put them back here. Literally says that's one of the reason they're taking them. It's not always as hard to get into these phones and/or have the Apple Pay accessed as you think.

Detectives believe the suspects were snatching the phones to access the Apple Pay feature, and using credit cards linked to the phones to buy items.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/migrants-allegedly-snatched-phones-62-women-nyc-crime/story?id=106955254

https://247newsaroundtheworld.com/crime/shocking-video-shows-migrant-moped-riders-dragging-woman-along-nyc-street-as-they-steal-her-phone-as-cops-reveal-venezuelan-gang-is-behind-62-thefts/
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
BkYdPitmaster said:

annie88 said:

Wow. I bought my last 2 homes with Apple Pay. And my wife's new car is on its way, yep, used AP. It's so easy. Steal a phone, Visit a home builder or local realtor. Pick a house. Hold your phone up to the checkout modem.

I think it is not yet a thing you can do with Apple Pay, stolen phone or not.

Not buying them here buying them back in Venezuela but as you look at my other response, the original article I saw last week may have mixed up with these comments about the houses I posted in another post. I originally saw both things in one article, but just skimmed it. You need to read the whole thread. And I guess staff deleted my original post about this.

Detectives believe the suspects were snatching the phones to access the Apple Pay feature, and using credit cards linked to the phones to buy items.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/migrants-allegedly-snatched-phones-62-women-nyc-crime/story?id=106955254

https://247newsaroundtheworld.com/crime/shocking-video-shows-migrant-moped-riders-dragging-woman-along-nyc-street-as-they-steal-her-phone-as-cops-reveal-venezuelan-gang-is-behind-62-thefts/
Fight Fight Fight.
APHIS AG
Abbott needs to send more illegals and he has to make sure that that they are all young men with lots of tattoos.
CanyonAg77
AG
Aggie Apotheosis said:

My suspicion is that property crime in College Station actually gets reported, investigated, and convicted.

I see you skipped over the little item showing that the rate for violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.) in NYC runs at

222% of the rate in College Station.

TAMU1990
AG
CDUB98 said:

And progressives want to codify the entry of thousands of more each day.
Fire up the busses. Keep sending them people until there is maximum pain. The border patrol knows who the criminals are. Load them up and send them up north.
YouBet
AG
CDUB98 said:

Aggie Apotheosis said:

New Manhattan/Shanked Punt/Lot Y sock confirmed.

Next we will hear from him how NY's birth survival rate makes it the premiere place in America.
jrdaustin
AG
Aggie Apotheosis said:

Oh, I'm totally sure CSPD has officers having their ass kicked on Northgate as well.

Please.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
ttu_85 said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Are you suggesting these SPECIFIC places have targets that have the cred to buy a house or car?

Personally if I was a criminal I'd hit West Memphis. the Woodlands, Highland Park, Buckhead or a Friday night in time square when everyone is drunk or a dumb tourist.

Then no one ever said most criminals were very smart.
I think what he's saying is that it would be great theater to see the FAFO that would ensue when immigrants tried to pull anything in those neighborhoods that are well known for having more than their fair share of bad-assed MOFOs.

But, I could be wrong ...
one safe place
CanyonAg77 said:

Aggie Apotheosis said:

My suspicion is that property crime in College Station actually gets reported, investigated, and convicted.

I see you skipped over the little item showing that the rate for violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.) in NYC runs at

Man, that's gonna leave a mark!!!!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Aggie Apotheosis said:

222%? Is that bad?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Redassag94
AG
annie88 said:

Not sure how they are doing that... Don't you have to unlock the phone first? Are there people that don't lock their phones?
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
AG
Hey, that's fun. Let's try another one.

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=51714000&city2=54815976

Gigem314
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Aggie Apotheosis said:

222%? Is that bad?
But…but…but the property crime in NYC considerably lower…so you can walk to a higher probability of death or assault knowing your property is safer. lol
AG
New York is nearly crime free compared to Chicago.

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=51714000&city2=53651000

Tanya 93
annie88 said:

Since apparently staff deleted my first response that had the original two articles linking it I'll put them back here. Literally says that's one of the reason they're taking them. It's not always as hard to get into these phones and/or have the Apple Pay accessed as you think.

Buying items is not buying houses

But make stuff up.
It solidifies your argument
justcallmeharry
S
Are the Moped Mobs taking over in College Station?
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
annie88
AG
I saw another article go by the other day that mentioned both things. They may have been talking about two different things regarding Venezuela but one was talking about them stealing the phones to use the Apple Pay and credit cards and it's possible the other one was talking about the link about the homebuying in Venezuela. I just skimmed the title and read a few things and moved on, and I happen to mention it, and everybody got ugly.

I then found two other links dealing with them separately.

But I have already explained this twice in this thread and you're still pulling this *****

Seems you're the one that's lying, again. As usual.
Fight Fight Fight.
Tanya 93
annie88 said:

I saw another article go by the other day that mentioned both things. They may have been talking about two different things regarding Venezuela but one was talking about them stealing the phones to use the Apple Pay and credit cards and it's possible the other one was talking about the link about the homebuying in Venezuela. I just skimmed the title and read a few things and moved on, and I happen to mention it, and everybody got ugly.

I then found two other links dealing with them separately.

But I have already explained this twice in this thread and you're still pulling this *****

Seems you're the one that's lying, again. As usual.

So you can never post the article or link to a news story saying Apple Pay is buying the houses?

Maybe selling these phones once they are stolen and broken into creates cash that buys houses?

Nah, it is they use Apple Pay on stolen phones to buy houses and cars in Venezuela, despite you being unable to post the article stating Apple Pay is used to buy these houses. It is because it is different there and one can buy a house with a tap on a credit card machine.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.