COVID stupidness still alive and well

8,260 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by slaughtr
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because the issue it causes of people freaking out and uninviting your asymptomatic kids from birthday parties because you have a positive test. If I have an option I'd just rather not deal with it.

Besides I tested positive and was treated the exact same way as if I would've tested negative.

What's the point of a positive test then?
Rex Racer
AG
slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

If you're taking Covid tests still, then you are promoting the same stupidness that you're complaining about. There is nothing good that can come from you taking a Covid test. Congrats for promoting the stupidness.

Most Covid tests now are bundled with a respiratory panel that also includes flu and RSV. If you go to an urgent care with a respiratory illness like the OP, you are getting a Covid test. As well as tests for other things. Why would you be opposed to knowing what's causing your respiratory illness so your doctor knows how to treat it?
The OP said, "I had typical cold symptoms a little over a week ago and no big deal." If it's "no big deal" then why would any test be needed? Covid tests were so overblown for so long, and many companies were mandating you had to be out of the office for so many days burning vacation time if you tested positive. Doctors also largely did nothing to treat Covid, and treatments that would've actually helped were ignored (not sure now because it's largely "no big deal"). The stigma of a positive Covid test outweighs any benefit of getting it.
Because he went to an urgent care clinic.

I've personally never felt the need to go to urgent care, but if you do, they are going to treat it as urgent, no? Maybe you should ask the OP
I go to urgent care all the time for simple head colds. I can get in and out a lot faster than going to my primary care doctor.

I just went last Thursday, in fact. I went in for a sinus infection. Did not have to take any tests. The doctor looked in my throat and ears, listened to my lungs, I told her my symptoms, and I left with an antibiotic, some of those little cough pearls, and some steroids.
slaughtr
AG
Ag_07 said:

Because the issue it causes of people freaking out and uninviting your asymptomatic kids from birthday parties because you have a positive test. If I have an option I'd just rather not deal with it.

Besides I tested positive and was treated the exact same way as if I would've tested negative.

What's the point of a positive test then?

Because you could have been negative and it was caused by something else. The Covid/flu/rsv test is simple, easy and accurate. Might as well ask why we test for anything. The OP was sick. The urgent care determined the cause. Seems like a win, no?
slaughtr
AG
Rex Racer said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

If you're taking Covid tests still, then you are promoting the same stupidness that you're complaining about. There is nothing good that can come from you taking a Covid test. Congrats for promoting the stupidness.

Most Covid tests now are bundled with a respiratory panel that also includes flu and RSV. If you go to an urgent care with a respiratory illness like the OP, you are getting a Covid test. As well as tests for other things. Why would you be opposed to knowing what's causing your respiratory illness so your doctor knows how to treat it?
The OP said, "I had typical cold symptoms a little over a week ago and no big deal." If it's "no big deal" then why would any test be needed? Covid tests were so overblown for so long, and many companies were mandating you had to be out of the office for so many days burning vacation time if you tested positive. Doctors also largely did nothing to treat Covid, and treatments that would've actually helped were ignored (not sure now because it's largely "no big deal"). The stigma of a positive Covid test outweighs any benefit of getting it.

I've personally never felt the need to go to urgent care, but if you do, they are going to treat it as urgent, no? Maybe you should ask the OP
I go to urgent care all the time for simple head colds. I can get in and out a lot faster than going to my primary care doctor.

I just went last Thursday, in fact. I went in for a sinus infection. Did not have to take any tests. The doctor looked in my throat and ears, listened to my lungs, I told her my symptoms, and I left with an antibiotic, some of those little cough pearls, and some steroids.

I guess some people just go to the doctor a lot more than I do. I've never felt the need to go to urgent care, but that's fine if you do. If I did go, I'd have no problems if they ran a few lab tests to figure out what's wrong.
Rex Racer
AG
slaughtr said:

Rex Racer said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

I guess some people just go to the doctor a lot more than I do. I've never felt the need to go to urgent care, but that's fine if you do. If I did go, I'd have no problems if they ran a few lab tests to figure out what's wrong.
I go about once a year when I get my annual sinus infection in January. It's like clockwork. I don't mind them running tests, but for what I have, it's not necessary and just wastes time. I get it every year, so I know what it is and how to treat it. I just can't prescribe myself medications, so I have to go to the doc.
slaughtr
AG
Rex Racer said:

slaughtr said:

Rex Racer said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

slaughtr said:

Beerosch said:

I go about once a year when I get my annual sinus infection in January. It's like clockwork. I don't mind them running tests, but for what I have, it's not necessary and just wastes time. I get it every year, so I know what it is and how to treat it. I just can't prescribe myself medications, so I have to go to the doc.
Maybe I just don't mind docs ordering all these tests because I run a lab

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.