COVID stupidness still alive and well

8,221 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by slaughtr
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had typical cold symptoms a little over a week ago and no big deal. Just this past Thurs it got bad enough I went to the nearby urgent care to get Rx meds to knock it out.

Tested positive got a z pack and cough syrup and sent on my way. Whatever. I got what I needed and I'm alive and well here on Sunday.

Well since everyone found out I had the big C my kids were uninvited from a birthday party this weekend for fear of infecting anyone and relatives who stopped by today wanted to hang out outside but it's too cold so they're wearing masks in the living room.

I just don't get it. Literally...My brain can not seriously process this ridiculousness.
The Fall Guy
AG
Why did you tell anyone?
OKCAg2002
AG
When I see people in public places wearing a mask, I intentionally start coughing around them. I know that's kind of twisted, but whatever.
P.U.T.U
AG
Went to an amateur comedy show and every single person on stage mentioned Covid
Rydyn
AG
Caught the flu a month ago from someone who came sick to a Christmas party.

Damn, I wish they'd had COVID instead...
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Ag_07
AG
My wife can't keep her mouth shut.

Which at first I was pissed at but then I realized it shouldn't matter so WGAS. She said yeah I didn't think it would be a big deal anymore.

Plus it's helped me update my spreadsheet of people to avoid.
IslanderAg04
Think it's bad now, just wait until we get a real one thats not politically motivated.
PCC_80
AG
One of my cousins posted something a couple of weeks ago about having to quarantine herself and her kids for a few days because one of the kids friends had come over to visit and then tested positive for Covid. She was whining about having friends in town she could not go visit and tickets to a show that went unused.

If I recall correctly, last year she quarantined herself in her room for about a week when she came down with Covid. It was nothing but a mild cold but she posted each day her status and daily test results.

Some people are completely consumed by Covid Fear and refuse to listen to any data of actual facts no matter the source. All I do is roll my eyes and accept that they are idiots.
Al Bula
AG
Ag_07 said:

Sounds like a talk at home is warranted rather than a message board thread.
Tea Party
Tanya threads.
IMnAg79
AG
I had cold symptoms all last week and still went out and about.
slaughtr
AG
Ag_07 said:

I had typical cold symptoms a little over a week ago and no big deal. Just this past Thurs it got bad enough I went to the nearby urgent care to get Rx meds to knock it out.

Tested positive got a z pack and cough syrup and sent on my way. Whatever. I got what I needed and I'm alive and well here on Sunday.

Well since everyone found out I had the big C my kids were uninvited from a birthday party this weekend for fear of infecting anyone and relatives who stopped by today wanted to hang out outside but it's too cold so they're wearing masks in the living room.

I just don't get it. Literally...My brain can not seriously process this ridiculousness.

You had a respiratory illness bad enough to send you to urgent care and people don't want to get it. How is that stupidness? If it had been a bad influenza people would have acted the same. I don't get the issue.
Ciboag96
When someone around me is talking about someone having Covid, I usually ask "well, then does my leprosy bother you?"
BigRobSA
OP,

Have you tried having a working immune system?

I hear it's the bees knees.

zephyr88
AG
Rydyn said:

Caught the flu a month ago from someone who came sick to a Christmas party.

Damn, I wish they'd had COVID instead...
How do you know? Or are you one of those who continue to test?
AgResearch
AG
You willingly got tested....
MookieBlaylock
AG
If you are sick why would you invite people over

It's still a communicable disease
An L of an Ag
AG
AgResearch said:

You willingly got tested....

This right here. There is literally zero upside to getting tested.
El Gallo Blanco
Ag_07 said:

I don't want to be around anyone who is sick or was just treated for a worsening cold or flu (or any contagious illness) a day or two ago. Working sucks when I'm sick…and having a sick family sucks. I'd never wear a mask, I'd just tell you that I'd see you another time when you weren't just treated for an illness that can easily spread.
Rex Racer
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

This.

Cold, flu, or COVID, I don't want to catch your crap.
malenurse
AG
WTF did you get a Z pack?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
El Gallo Blanco
Rex Racer said:

MookieBlaylock said:

This.

Cold, flu, or COVID, I don't want to catch your crap.

We have a lady in our office who has won attendance awards over the years for never missing a day. She will come in sick as a dog at least once a year and it's obvious. Pretty sure I got the flu from her once.

I can stand people who think they're "tough" for coming into work sick and putting others and their families at risk of getting sick and having a sh*tty week.
Ag_07
AG
Agree completely and that wasn't shocked me.

I don't blame anyone for avoiding someone with an illness but if you're avoiding people who have been around people who are sick you're just never gonna be around anyone especially this time of the year. If you're anywhere in public you're in close contact with someone who has been around someone who's been sick. Having to tell a 4 and 7 year old they're uninvited to a party because I was sick is ridiculous.

And masks are just pointless and the fact people still think they're helping is comical.

I just thought we were past all this craziness and people had adapted to living with just another illness but apparently not.
jja79
AG
If you were sick enough to go to urgent care you must have been pretty sick.
Martin Cash
AG
Ag_07 said:

So tempting . . . . .
cena05
AG
I've never gone to the doc for a cold and have never had a zpack. I'm not young.
mosdefn14
AG
Do antibiotics work on virus?
cevans_40
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Why did you tell anyone?

Why did he get tested?
El Gallo Blanco
Ag_07 said:

Agree completely and that wasn't shocked me.

I don't blame anyone for avoiding someone with an illness but if you're avoiding people who have been around people who are sick you're just never gonna be around anyone especially this time of the year. If you're anywhere in public you're in close contact with someone who has been around someone who's been sick. Having to tell a 4 and 7 year old they're uninvited to a party because I was sick is ridiculous.

And masks are just pointless and the fact people still think they're helping is comical.

I just thought we were past all this craziness and people had adapted to living with just another illness but apparently not.

Agreed…yeah that part is silly
Brother Shamus
Ag_07 said:

This is where the rule of thumb would apply. Beat away.
B-1 83
AG
Ag_07 said:

Why did they give you a Z Pack??? I'm more concerned with this.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BrazosDog02
AG
I dont think it's a big deal but if you have a cold or flu or Covid or whatever the **** it is, you should be a big boy and not expose others. That said, anyone going out and about should be religiously washing hands and being sanitary because there are tons of low life dirtbags that knowingly go out anyway. You can't avoid them. People are disgusting and they are everywhere. So, it's kind of a double edged sword. If I know someone has a cold flu or Covid or anything else I feel I don't want to unnecessarily increase my risks of getting, I simply avoid them. ill back out of a party you paid for, and just shot you a text for a week or so if you need to discuss anything. Plus, I don't ****ing like people anyway and it's an awesome excuse to not be around the unwashed masses. It's pretty easy. I absolutely appreciate it when someone has the common courtesy to let folks know. Your wife did the right thing but you're a man and shouldn't have made her do it.

You're kids wouldn't have been uninvited from the party had a modicum of common courtesy been administered.
australopithecus robustus
Natural selection. It's a b$$tch. Applies on so many levels beyond just physical survivability since the onset of Covid.

Tell me how you behaved during Covid and I'll tell you who you are. Covid exposed a lot of people.
agracer
AG
Ag_07 said:

The government is still paying for, and advertising a vaccine the is still EUA for a pandemic the the White House declared over 18 months ago.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.