are you kidding IHOP ? fall holiday?

10,230 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Maroon Dawn
TheCurl84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Jurist said:

Seriously, just saw an IHOP commercial. They can't say Thanksgiving? They referred to it as the Fall Holiday?

Done.

Probably because of the.......you know........indians (whispered)
Logos Stick
Sterling96 said:

I have no knowledge of the strategy behind this. But perhaps it's so they could run the TV commercial past November 23, and have it apply to things like the beginning of Advent. Who knows? It's kinda ridiculous just to assume they're boycotting the word "Thanksgiving." The message is that kids eat free every day. Contrary to popular belief here, most advertisers don't look to ever narrow their customer base, but rather to broaden most messages to apply to everyone, everywhere, anytime.

Might want to get out from under that rock. Advertisers are more interested in appeasing the woke mind virus than in the customer base. That's been evident for a while.
eric76
AG
Logos Stick said:

Sterling96 said:

I have no knowledge of the strategy behind this. But perhaps it's so they could run the TV commercial past November 23, and have it apply to things like the beginning of Advent. Who knows? It's kinda ridiculous just to assume they're boycotting the word "Thanksgiving." The message is that kids eat free every day. Contrary to popular belief here, most advertisers don't look to ever narrow their customer base, but rather to broaden most messages to apply to everyone, everywhere, anytime.

Might want to get out from under that rock. Advertisers are more interested in appeasing the woke mind virus than in the customer base. That's been evident for a while.
I wonder if it might be more of being afraid of being seen as being insensitive to the causes being espoused.
Sterling96
False. Advertisers are interested in selling the most products. Period.
Logos Stick
Sterling96 said:

Sure, hoss. All evidence to the contrary.
usmcbrooks
Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Many schools have all week off for Thanksgiving.
Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.
GTFO with this nonsense. It's called Thanksgiving break and if you don't like it then sit quietly in the corner while Americans enjoy their American holiday tradition.

But it is called fall break.

Sorry you are so delicate
Back in my day, we had to walk to school and home barefoot and uphill both ways.
Sterling96
Ok. You're right. I'm wrong. I should have realized my 28 years in the industry was but a statistically insignificant sample size of information compared to your expertise. My apologies.
Logos Stick
Bud Light dont care about your expertise.

I can post up 100 examples. But you are the master ad man and it matters not what the evidence shows.
techno-ag
AG
Sterling96 said:

Except when they're trying to show how woke they are.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Tanya 93
Scotty Appleton said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.
GTFO with this nonsense. It's called Thanksgiving break and if you don't like it then sit quietly in the corner while Americans enjoy their American holiday tradition.

That's funny, according to the Columbia, Missouri school district fall break was last month and Thanksgiving break is next week. That is where you live, right?

https://publicholidays.com/us/school-holidays/missouri/columbia-public-schools/

Also, funny that here in the land of loonies they still call it Thanksgiving break per San Diego ISD and a few other area school districts.

I already said that on here.

Sorry your little gotcha didn't work.

Some places are calling it that

If you have to boycott IHOP, I am sure they will miss you.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Tachoro said:

I am so glad I don't live the fragile snowflake life of letting an IHOP ad offend me.

Really deep thinker here, folks.
BluHorseShu
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.

That's funny, according to the Columbia, Missouri school district fall break was last month and Thanksgiving break is next week. That is where you live, right?

Also, funny that here in the land of loonies they still call it Thanksgiving break per San Diego ISD and a few other area school districts.

Its hilarious how emotional people are getting about this. And worse...calling people anti-American because they posit why they might call it Fall Holiday. WGAS. Don't go to IHOP. Thank goodness folks on here do nothing but post outrage rather than act on it. I may not agree with the marketing idea to call it Fall Holiday but my kids school will be on Fall Break next week and part of that week includes Thanksgiving. We can have both folks. Many you'd hate to be a part of some of these folks personal lives where this kind of things gets them wound up. Laughing hard while shaking head but still pensive emoji.
Gunny456
AG
Odd that Tanya says that. We were at our Ozark ranch in southern MO and the Marquee signs in front of most of the schools down there say what dates they will be closed for" Thanksgiving". However they also closed the schools last Friday and Monday for opening of firearm deer season…., so maybe a cultural difference from Columbia MO libs and southern Missouri conservative hillbillies?
Gunny456
AG
Maybe because we are sick of how it's headed and what's rammed down our throats by the woke minions.
Mary Bailey
BluHorseShu said:

Tanya 93 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.

Its hilarious how emotional people are getting about this. And worse...calling people anti-American because they posit why they might call it Fall Holiday. WGAS. Don't go to IHOP. Thank goodness folks on here do nothing but post outrage rather than act on it. I may not agree with the marketing idea to call it Fall Holiday but my kids school will be on Fall Break next week and part of that week includes Thanksgiving. We can have both folks. Many you'd hate to be a part of some of these folks personal lives where this kind of things gets them wound up. Laughing hard while shaking head but still pensive emoji.
No one's emotional. No one's wound up. No one's outraged. Stop gaslighting. Unless you've been asleep the last ten years, you know that these companies go out of their way to not offend certain folks. It's a political topic.

"The fall holiday" is not referring to your kids' break. Stop being obtuse.
BluHorseShu
AG
Mary Bailey said:

BluHorseShu said:

Tanya 93 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.

No one's emotional. No one's wound up. No one's outraged. Stop gaslighting. Unless you've been asleep the last ten years, you know that these companies go out of their way to not offend certain folks. It's a political topic.

"The fall holiday" is not referring to your kids' break. Stop being obtuse.
Gosh...you're right. But to be fair, I was actually just being acute.
Anonymous Source
S
Logos Stick said:

I can post up 100 examples. But you are the master ad man and it matters not what the evidence shows.
You do know that there was only one...not thousands, but only one...Dylan Mulvaney can printed by Bud Light, right? And it was never a television commercial, but something that went out on his Instagram page.

Why you guys got so spun up over this thing, I will never know.
Gig 'Em
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Anonymous Source said:

I don't drink anymore so I don't know but after putting about half a second of thought into it, I'm going to guess it's an accumulation of years of wokeness grinding people's nerves.

Why some of you (there's another poster who does this with almost every single post) keep trying to gaslight others by taking one example of wokery (yes I just made that up) and pretending like it's some standalone occurrence and not the ten millionth example in just the last year alone I will never understand. Are you here just to defend and gaslight? Is your brain truly incapable of seeing the 30k foot view? It's bizarre.

Also, I'm sure the marketing chick talking trash about BL's customer base probably had something to do with it as well. Thinking is hard.

Logos Stick
Anonymous Source said:

Logos Stick said:

You do know that there was only one...not thousands, but only one...Dylan Mulvaney can printed by Bud Light, right? And it was never a television commercial, but something that went out on his Instagram page.

Oh, it didn't go on TV so it doesn't count.

Somebody should tell Google because they make millions of dollars in ad revenue and the ads are not on TV. They don't count! ROFL. Instagram doesn't count. YouTube doesn't count. Tik Tok doesn't count.

Anonymous Source
S
Logos Stick said:

Anonymous Source said:

Logos Stick said:

Somebody should tell Google because they make millions of dollars in ad revenue and the ads are not on TV. They don't count! ROFL. Instagram doesn't count. YouTube doesn't count. Tik Tok doesn't count.

Then you may want to ask yourself why hundreds of thousands of people of similar mind as you were hanging around on a gay man's Instagram page.
Gig 'Em
Anonymous Source
S
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Anonymous Source said:

I don't drink anymore so I don't know but after putting about half a second of thought into it, I'm going to guess it's an accumulation of years of wokeness grinding people's nerves.

Why some of you (there's another poster who does this with almost every single post) keep trying to gaslight others by taking one example of wokery (yes I just made that up) and pretending like it's some standalone occurrence and not the ten millionth example in just the last year alone I will never understand. Are you here just to defend and gaslight? Is your brain truly incapable of seeing the 30k foot view? It's bizarre.

Also, I'm sure the marketing chick talking trash about BL's customer base probably had something to do with it as well. Thinking is hard.

I don't get the outrage over products I have no intent of purchasing. Apparently we have a hard time ignoring things these days.
Gig 'Em
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Logos Stick said:

Anonymous Source said:

Logos Stick said:

Then you may want to ask yourself why hundreds of thousands of people of similar mind as you were hanging around on a gay man's Instagram page.

Oh…so you weren't really curious. Just playing stupid. That's what I thought.
infinity ag
Reminds me of some of my Muslim friends say "Happy Festivities" instead of Christmas. Go figure.

Some groups are so hateful and bigoted that even mentioning the name makes them feel like they are committing blasphemy.
Logos Stick
Ever heard the term "viral". I guess not.
Anonymous Source
S
Logos Stick said:

Ever heard the term "viral". I guess not.
I hear of lots of things going viral. I pay attention to the ones I'm interested in or affect me. I don't drink Bud Light, and if they feel like they need to expand their market share and market virally to the gays, I don't care. I never saw that ad campaign first hand, and since it was a one-time thing on this guy's IG, I'm willing to bet you didn't either.
Gig 'Em
harge57
AG
How about this Thanksgiving commercial from Scheels?

I have been seeing it a lot on my youtube videos.

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ShaggySLC said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.

Yes, let's go against historical American traditions and completely change our American culture because leftists and a teacher troll on TexAgs says the new name is fall break.

The anti-American rot of our culture is disgusting.

I never said it is the new name.

My child has a Thanksgiving break.

But other schools call it fall break.
That is all I said.

Have a good Thanksgiving.
Be thankful for what you have
That's a backpedal Tanya. You didn't say your child has Thanksgiving break, you said "It's called fall break", then called him delicate. You're out of your lane here. It's been called Thanksgiving break for decades and only changed when Obama got in office.
I call it Thanksgiving Break but the school district calls it Fall Break. She's right on this one.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Logos Stick
But you don't know the meaning.

I learned about the ad on TexAgs. Because it has gone viral.

Your assertion was that we all had to be hanging out on Dylan's Instagram to be aware of it, which is wrong.

When you don't understand concepts, ChatGPT is a good resource to learn. It's free.
TJaggie14
AG
Logos Stick said:

What's wrong with Thanksgiving?

If I had to guess probably some leftist upset that Native Americans and Pilgrims set aside their differences to come together and be thankful for what they have.
Anonymous Source
S
Logos Stick said:

But you don't know the meaning.

I learned about the ad on TexAgs. Because it has gone viral.

Your assertion was that we all had to be hanging out on Dylan's Instagram to be aware of it, which is wrong.

When you don't understand concepts, ChatGPT is a good resource to learn. It's free.
My assertion is that it wasn't something that was broadcast in to your home during halftime of the Super Bowl. You found out about it...likely without ever seeing it...and chose to be outraged over something you heard about second-hand.

Sorry man, I've got a life to lead, and spending time fretting over some decision a half-wit marketing director makes in an effort to expand market share of a product I don't and won't buy isn't a priority.
Gig 'Em
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Sorry man, I've got a life to lead, and spending time fretting over some decision a half-wit marketing director makes in an effort to expand market share of a product I don't and won't buy isn't a priority.

Yet here you are posting in this thread about the same topic with all the lifeless losers you're condescending to.

Awesome. Just awesome.
Muy
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

My wife can whip up a stack of pancakes faster, less cost, and tastier.

I know!!

Wait….
Anonymous Source
S

Quote:

Yet here you are posting in this thread about the same topic with all the lifeless losers you're condescending to.

Awesome. Just awesome.
Yeah, but I still don't give a **** about Bud Light and who they choose to market to.
Gig 'Em
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Quote:

Awesome. Just awesome.
Yeah, but I still don't give a **** about Bud Light and who they choose to market to.

That's something we have in common.

The difference is, I don't play dumb just so I can condescend to others.
EclipseAg
AG
It's perfectly natural to care when you watch your culture and traditions being erased bit by bit, all done proactively by liberals to protect some unseen and unheard group who "could be" offended.

Each little insult is insignificant by itself, but if people don't push back, the virtue signaling gets louder and louder, and eventually, it DOES matter.

People who come on bulletin boards and say "Why do you care so much?" when these issues arise are simply gaslighting. They know perfectly well why people care.

They care because it's not right, it's not necessary, and it's offensive to the many millions of Americans who believe holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas have real meaning and add value to our lives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.