are you kidding IHOP ? fall holiday?

10,224 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Maroon Dawn
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bet Waffle House says Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. They don't give AF.
Tachoro
AG
I am so glad I don't live the fragile snowflake life of letting an IHOP ad offend me.
Jeeper79
AG
This is my new favorite thread
Mary Bailey
I am so glad I don't live the fragile snowflake life of letting "Thanksgiving" offend me.
Mary Bailey
Jeeper79 said:

This is my new favorite thread
So, do you admit that the commercial is about Thanksgiving?
TX04Aggie
AG
I avoid Ihops because I dont want to get murdered or robbed by hoodrats.
StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
ShaggySLC
You too, hoping for a LSU beatdown!
TexAgs91
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Many schools have all week off for Thanksgiving.

It is called fall break.

Many schools are calling it by the wrong name. The reason for the break is the Thanksgiving holiday. It's the Thanksgiving break. This isn't rocket surgery.
Actual Talking Thermos
You can order a steak at IHOP but you mustn't
agwrestler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

My wife can whip up a stack of pancakes faster, less cost, and tastier.

RULES DAMMIT!!
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
# griddle life
BboroAg
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

i dont think the commercial is what op says it is. link it

and i looked at my kids school calendar and fall break is early october but thabksgiving is thanksgiving break

Same here. Our school district has a Fallbreak in October and a thanksgiving break at thanksgiving (November)
Logos Stick
Old Army Ghost said:

i dont think the commercial is what op says it is. link it

and i looked at my kids school calendar and fall break is early october but thabksgiving is thanksgiving break

It doesn't use the word "break" anywhere. It uses the phrase "fall holiday". The holiday is a reference to the Thanksgiving Holiday since that's the only damn holiday coming up. Thanksgiving is a federal holiday.

Also, it's November now, not October. The commercial was released on November 6th. I guess IHOP screwed up and missed the target date for the fall break, lol

They have replaced Thanksgiving with "fall holiday". And as some have pointed out, they've done it because evil whitey.

ETA, this is from chatgpt:

Thanksgiving is seen as a reminder of the injustices suffered by Native American communities, the impact of European colonization, and the subsequent loss of land, culture, and lives. Some Native Americans and their allies choose to observe Thanksgiving as a National Day of Mourning to raise awareness about the historical and ongoing struggles faced by indigenous communities
45-70Ag
AG
This Thanksgiving I'll be sure to slaughter a few birds and reenact wounded knee on my in-laws front yard. My mother in law can be a Lakota.
ts5641
And the destruction of our culture continues...
agwrestler
AG
eric76 said:

Aggie Jurist said:

Seriously, just saw an IHOP commercial. They can't say Thanksgiving? They referred to it as the Fall Holiday?

Done.
You don't suppose, do you, that it is because this year we are having a Democratic Thanksgiving?

Bunch of D Turkeys will need pardons...
EclipseAg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Have a good Thanksgiving.
Be thankful for what you have
Yeah ... because it's going away quickly.

Aggie Jurist
AG
Quote:

I am so glad I don't live the fragile snowflake life of letting an IHOP ad offend me.
Projecting much? The whole reason for the change in language is b/c your ilk is offended by everything.

I'm not a religious man. Thanksgiving to me is about family and being together - it's a homecoming each year and it's the most important holiday on my calendar. We all give thanks in our own ways and that thanks doesn't have to be religious. The left simply cannot allow that - we aren't allowed to be thankful.
LGB
thenational
AG
HISD website has it called Thanksgiving Break. I'm shocked actually (in a good way).
TefIon Don
AG
Only undesirables eat at IHOP.
eric76
AG
agwrestler said:

eric76 said:

Aggie Jurist said:

Seriously, just saw an IHOP commercial. They can't say Thanksgiving? They referred to it as the Fall Holiday?

Done.
You don't suppose, do you, that it is because this year we are having a Democratic Thanksgiving?

Bunch of D Turkeys will need pardons...
That sounds reasonble. To look forward to it, next year Republican and Democratic Thanksgivings will occur on the same day. This year, though, the Republican Thanksgiving is November 30.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Scotty Appleton
Tanya 93 said:

Tea Party said:

Tanya 93 said:

Many schools have all week off for Thanksgiving.
Yes, they do.
Quote:

It is called fall break.
GTFO with this nonsense. It's called Thanksgiving break and if you don't like it then sit quietly in the corner while Americans enjoy their American holiday tradition.

But it is called fall break.

Sorry you are so delicate

That's funny, according to the Columbia, Missouri school district fall break was last month and Thanksgiving break is next week. That is where you live, right?

https://publicholidays.com/us/school-holidays/missouri/columbia-public-schools/

Also, funny that here in the land of loonies they still call it Thanksgiving break per San Diego ISD and a few other area school districts.

Ags77
AG
I HOP reminds me of Yogi Berra. He said " nobody goes there, it's too crowded."

Seriously , my IHOP is PACKED all the dang time.
Gigem
Science Denier
AG
They gave free short stack pancakes after we got our third turnover against miss st.

Not worth free.
sanangelo
AG
Meanwhile back in 2009, iHop could wrote "Thanksgiving" on its Facebook page:

San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
stetson
AG
In 1863, President Lincoln proclaimed a national day of Fall to be celebrated on Thursday, November 26. President Roosevelt issued a proclamation in 1942 designating the fourth Thursday in November as Fall Day.
Subsequently, schools observed this celebration by dismissing classes for the entire week and calling it Fall Break.
eric76
AG
stetson said:

In 1863, President Lincoln proclaimed a national day of Fall to be celebrated on Thursday, November 26. President Roosevelt issued a proclamation in 1942 designating the fourth Thursday in November as Fall Day.
Subsequently, schools observed this celebration by dismissing classes for the entire week and calling it Fall Break.
President Lincoln named Thanksgiving to be the last Thursday in November. In 1939, Roosevelt changed Thanksgiving to be the fourth Thursday with the idea of creating an extra week of shopping before Christmas to help the merchants. He did this, I think, earlier in the fall.

I understand that this had unintended consequences for many colleges because of conference rules requiring them to finish their schedule by Thanksgiving weekend. Fortunately, the Southwest Conference didn't have this silly rule so our game against t.u. was okay. It was common to play the big rivalry game Thanksgiving weekend and supposedly many colleges lost their rivalry game that year because of their conference rule.

One issue in Texas, of course, was that with the Democratic Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday, many people would have to work during our thrashing of the t-sips that year. To help out, the State of Texas made the Republican Thanksgiving on the fifth Thursday of November a state holiday as well that year.
doubledog
ShaggySLC said:

zephyr88 said:

Logos Stick said:

What's wrong with Thanksgiving?
Pilgrims were white, duh...
On occupied land no less
What is the difference between conquered land and occupied land?
If there is a difference, then no place on earth is occupied land.
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
Just wait….Christmas is next on the docket. How long before it is no longer kosher to call it by its name?

Allahmas just doesn't have the same ring to it.
techno-ag
AG
And just Who are we giving thanks to?

Why, God Almighty of course.

Happy Thanksgiving and praise Jesus.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Logos Stick said:

What's wrong with Thanksgiving?
I think it is call "Inviting Indigenous people over for dinner before stealing their land" to the leftists.
Sterling96
I have no knowledge of the strategy behind this. But perhaps it's so they could run the TV commercial past November 23, and have it apply to things like the beginning of Advent. Who knows? It's kinda ridiculous just to assume they're boycotting the word "Thanksgiving." The message is that kids eat free every day. Contrary to popular belief here, most advertisers don't look to ever narrow their customer base, but rather to broaden most messages to apply to everyone, everywhere, anytime.
TheGreatEscape
I know the Aztecs enslaved and conquered other tribes in Mexico. I've learned that Cortez was able to gain support from warriors in other belittled tribes to conquer the Aztecs.

For those of you history majors and enthusiasts, did tribes in North America often fight each other over resources and land before the English and French arrived? Did natives enslave and take land from other tribes?
AggieVictor10
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.