The only MLB team that didn't have a pride night

8,788 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by TexasAggie_97
Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
frenchtoast said:

And the did it without a major cheating scandal.
Except for the fact that the Rangers employ a player who was suspended this very season for cheating.
Houston Lee
AG
frenchtoast said:

Just like the Astros last year...
Rocky Rider
AG
frenchtoast said:

Yet
BASFindsAWay
AG
the_batman26 said:

It's not just me though, it's the U.S. 2nd Circuit of Appeals too: https://web.archive.org/web/20220403024601/http://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-02/mlb-says-cheating-is-part-of-baseball-a-federal-court-agrees
The lengths Stros fans go to defend that team is hot garbage...2017 has an asterisk, PERIOD, full stop.

Congrats on the other series win though!
Much like life...
Bassmaster
AG
Bless your heart.
Kashchei
AG
BASFindsAWay said:

the_batman26 said:

It's not just me though, it's the U.S. 2nd Circuit of Appeals too: https://web.archive.org/web/20220403024601/http://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-02/mlb-says-cheating-is-part-of-baseball-a-federal-court-agrees
The lengths Stros fans go to defend that team is hot garbage...2017 has an asterisk, PERIOD, full stop.

Congrats on the other series win though!

I looked everywhere on the MLB website but couldn't find any asterisks. https://www.mlb.com/postseason/history/2017
TMF
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

the_batman26 said:

I'm sorry, but sign stealing in baseball is as old as A&M itself, if not older. It's not like this was also used to trash a red state's city by baseball-loving Dems (who seem to be in the majority based on my observations).

Sign stealing is one thing. Happens all the time sure.

But they went further than that

a. sign stealing using electronics
b. relaying that info to hitters in real time via audio cues

The MLB levied the harshest fines ever for a reason.

Pretty dumb if you don't think flashing lights meet your criteria.
TxAgPreacher
S
As an Astros fan I approve this message!
Tanya 93
Had the Astros beat the Pirates instead of the Dodgers, no one would have cared.

But the Dodgers weren't supposed to lose. So find a way to discredit their loss.

**** the Dodgers.
SW AG80
AG
I'm sure that is because of the majority owner.
A good, solid American. With a good looking daughter.
Booma94
AG
frenchtoast said:

Pretty good chance the Rangers, like most MLB teams, were cheating in 2017. But they sucked so nobody cared.

Also good to know that the team to your south that has dominated your team for 7 seasons still occupies space in your head to the point you can't even celebrate a championship without thinking about them.

Enjoy your year with the trophy.
Owlagdad
Sethtevious said:

Not only do they not have a pride night, the Rangers don't do anything to celebrate pride month. Their reasoning is pretty simple: they believe the ballpark should be a welcome place to everyone every single game, not just one month or night of the year.
As it should be. If queers want to go to a ballgame and be treated like everyone else, just go to ball game and watch it, enjoy it, yell for your team instead of yelling for some cause and you will be accepted or not noticed at all.
nu awlins ag
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Had the Astros beat the Pirates instead of the Dodgers, no one would have cared.

But the Dodgers weren't supposed to lose. So find a way to discredit their loss.

**** the Dodgers.
Bingo.

Even if you know what the pitch is, you still have to make contact with it. Fastball? Location? The second was an unknown. Same with the other pitches. Just quit crying about it...enjoy the win and move on.
Aggie2
Kashchei said:

frenchtoast said:

Can't even enjoy a championship without thinking of big brother!
Not when he's a cheater.
Rockdoc
AG
Booma94 said:

frenchtoast said:

Pretty good chance the Rangers, like most MLB teams, were cheating in 2017. But they sucked so nobody cared.

Also good to know that the team to your south that has dominated your team for 7 seasons still occupies space in your head to the point you can't even celebrate a championship without thinking about them.

Enjoy your year with the trophy.

I don't see anybody having trouble with the team to the south (except maybe the south's fans)
HunterAggie
AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

Houstonian here but glad the Rangers won if we didn't. Remember going to a hot ass game here with my dad as a kid. He grew up in Oak Cliff as a Rangers fan so I can't hate em. Bonus that they didn't cave to the "wacky brigade".

Looks like something straight out of an early 1990s Nintendo game.
The size of that old Texas Rangers - Arlington Stadium ballpark now looks like the size of the Frisco Rough Riders AA park.

How times have changed.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Gator92
AG
frenchtoast said:

Only 7 posts in.

Guess the myth the metros don't care about Houston is busted...
agnerd
AG
the_batman26 said:

Correlation doesn't imply causation, but good for the Rangers organization to have a spine.
Not for this isolated case, but there does seem to be a trend forming. Groups that are all working together toward one goal without distractions seem to be more successful than groups that take time away from the goal to spend time quantifying and qualifying their differences.
buzzardb267
AG
HunterAggie said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

Houstonian here but glad the Rangers won if we didn't. Remember going to a hot ass game here with my dad as a kid. He grew up in Oak Cliff as a Rangers fan so I can't hate em. Bonus that they didn't cave to the "wacky brigade".

The size of that old Texas Rangers - Arlington Stadium ballpark now looks like the size of the Frisco Rough Riders AA park.

How times have changed.
I remember leaving work, driving to that stadium, walking up to buy a ticket and sitting right behind that third base dugout. My friend and I had a few beers and started heckling Freddie Patek about his size. Finally, he was in the on-deck circle and turned toward us and slowly raised the bill of his batting helmet with his middle finger. The crowd around us went nuts, while the other few dozen fans were wondering what was going on.
"ROGER - OUT"
BigN--00
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

the_batman26 said:

I'm sorry, but sign stealing in baseball is as old as A&M itself, if not older. It's not like this was also used to trash a red state's city by baseball-loving Dems (who seem to be in the majority based on my observations).

Sign stealing is one thing. Happens all the time sure.

But they went further than that

a. sign stealing using electronics
b. relaying that info to hitters in real time via audio cues

The MLB levied the harshest fines ever for a reason.
They did so at the behest of Carlos Beltran and Alex Cora, who knew that many other teams around the league were already doing the same thing. And both of whom were former Rangers prior to coming to Houston.
infinity ag
Who won the World Series?
TheCurl84
AG
heavily intoxtricated said:

wins the World Series.

I don't care about pro sports, but that's fantastic.

Could this be the explanation for Schmolz's attitude?
heavily intoxtricated
TheCurl84 said:

wins the World Series.

If so, then Smoltz is a *****
StandUpforAmerica
TheCurl84 said:

wins the World Series.

What attitude? He was fine.
BigRobSA
TXAG 05 said:

frenchtoast said:

You mean they just didn't get caught. Rangers were using flashing lights long before the Astros banged trash cans

Gross.

Hookers weren't available!?

Oh well, that's the Tine hol'n it dine.
StrickAggie06
AG
frenchtoast said:

You mean besides the fact that Garcia is juicing his balls off? Guy goes from being fairly skinny and garbage before being traded to the Rangers to completely jacked and MVP worthy afterwards. Yep definitely no cheating at all...
TheCurl84
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

TheCurl84 said:

wins the World Series.

What attitude? He was fine.

He seemed depressed by the Rangers success all through the playoffs.
RafterAg223
AG
StrickAggie06 said:

frenchtoast said:

You mean besides the fact that Garcia is juicing his balls off? Guy goes from being fairly skinny and garbage before being traded to the Rangers to completely jacked and MVP worthy afterwards. Yep definitely no cheating at all...

Yeah, because juice enables him to make square contact with a round bat on a round ball traveling 97 miles per hour. Astros fans are just as delusional as t sips. You all think you have some sort of dynasty over there and you should be mentioned in the same breath as organizations like the Yankees. Get over yourselves. You had a nice run. It's coming to an end. Deal with it.
StrickAggie06
AG
No but it does allow him to hit the ball a hell of a lot further. The whole point of the roids scandel is that guys were doing it to increase batting power. Common knowledge for even the casual baseball fan.

Shall we compare his HR stats pre and post trade?
Sethtevious

A lot of Astros fans are acting just like t-sips in this thread. This is a thread about the Rangers winning the World Series, and they have to pile in to make it all about them. Worse yet, just like 'sips, they're trying to discredit the Rangers' accomplishment, which is also very sip-like.

Astros fans, this thread isn't about you, move on.

Someone made a post about cheating in baseball, who gives a ****, don't take the bait, and drive on.
RafterAg223
AG
StrickAggie06 said:

No but it does allow him to hit the ball a hell of a lot further. The whole point of the roids scandel is that guys were doing it to increase batting power. Common knowledge for even the casual baseball fan.

You going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that people like Justin Verlander and Jose Altuve have not taken PED's over the course of their careers? I guess Verlander's longevity comes from perfect mechanics just like Nolan Ryan? Come on.
Sethtevious
RafterAg223 said:

StrickAggie06 said:

You going to sit here and tell me with a straight face that people like Justin Verlander and Jose Altuve have not taken PED's over the course of their careers? I guess Verlander's longevity comes from perfect mechanics just like Nolan Ryan? Come on.
Don't take the bait
HunterAggie
buzzardb267 said:

HunterAggie said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

How times have changed.
I remember leaving work, driving to that stadium, walking up to buy a ticket and sitting right behind that third base dugout. My friend and I had a few beers and started heckling Freddie Patek about his size. Finally, he was in the on-deck circle and turned toward us and slowly raised the bill of his batting helmet with his middle finger. The crowd around us went nuts, while the other few dozen fans were wondering what was going on.
5' 5". Indeed a small man for his time. And Mr. Patek is still alive. I remember him well.

Of course, he was a giant compared to the shortest player to ever play in MLB - Eddie Gaedel for the St. Louis Browns. the 3' 7" vertically challenged player had one at bat - a walk.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Sharpshooter
AG
HunterAggie said:

buzzardb267 said:

HunterAggie said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

How times have changed.
5' 5". Indeed a small man for his time. And Mr. Patek is still alive. I remember him well.

Of course, he was a giant compared to the shortest player to ever play in MLB - Eddie Gaedel for the St. Louis Browns. the 3' 7" vertically challenged player had one at bat - a walk.
Yes, I hear he is Governor of Florida and running for President.
HunterAggie
Sharpshooter said:

HunterAggie said:

buzzardb267 said:

HunterAggie said:

AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

How times have changed.

Yes, I hear he is Governor of Florida and running for President.
that would be some incredible lifts.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.