The only MLB team that didn't have a pride night

8,771 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by TexasAggie_97
heavily intoxtricated
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wins the World Series.

I don't care about pro sports, but that's fantastic.
Pookers
AG
heavily intoxtricated said:

wins the World Series.

I don't care about pro sports, but that's fantastic.
Based.
RGLAG85
AG
Eovaldi was a warrior tonight! He just refused to lose until the offense came to life.

Loved watching that pitchers duel.
Ferg
MGS
Ferg said:

"Now, let's get this trophy back to the Lone Star state where it belongs."
heavily intoxtricated
Ferg said:

Haha. I swear I didn't see that before I posted.
Ags77
AG
Tears of joy here... love my Rangers !!
Gigem
frenchtoast
And the did it without a major cheating scandal.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
frenchtoast said:

Someone bring the cookies for the rangers org and fans
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Kashchei
AG
frenchtoast said:

Can't even enjoy a championship without thinking of big brother!
TXAG 05
AG
frenchtoast said:

You mean they just didn't get caught. Rangers were using flashing lights long before the Astros banged trash cans
Dimebag Darrell
Houstonian here but glad the Rangers won if we didn't. Remember going to a hot ass game here with my dad as a kid. He grew up in Oak Cliff as a Rangers fan so I can't hate em. Bonus that they didn't cave to the "wacky brigade".

JABQ04
AG
frenchtoast said:

Remember, it was a disgruntled player 2 years later who decided he suddenly had a conscious…….
the_batman26
AG
Correlation doesn't imply causation, but good for the Rangers organization to have a spine.
sonnysixkiller
AG
That team still sucks!
the_batman26
AG
I'm sorry, but sign stealing in baseball is as old as A&M itself, if not older. It's not like this was also used to trash a red state's city by baseball-loving Dems (who seem to be in the majority based on my observations).
AggiePetro07
AG
Dimebag Darrell said:

Houstonian here but glad the Rangers won if we didn't. Remember going to a hot ass game here with my dad as a kid. He grew up in Oak Cliff as a Rangers fan so I can't hate em. Bonus that they didn't cave to the "wacky brigade".

Looks like something straight out of an early 1990s Nintendo game.
Dimebag Darrell
AggiePetro07 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

Looks like something straight out of an early 1990s Nintendo game.

Haha no doubt
Kvetch
AG
the_batman26 said:

I'm sorry, but sign stealing in baseball is as old as A&M itself, if not older. It's not like this was also used to trash a red state's city by baseball-loving Dems (who seem to be in the majority based on my observations).

Using cameras to do it is chicken ***** You can admit that your team cheated while also realizing you had a good team. No need to white knight for cheating.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
the_batman26 said:

Sign stealing is one thing. Happens all the time sure.

But they went further than that

a. sign stealing using electronics
b. relaying that info to hitters in real time via audio cues

The MLB levied the harshest fines ever for a reason.
the_batman26
AG
It's not just me though, it's the U.S. 2nd Circuit of Appeals too: https://web.archive.org/web/20220403024601/http://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-02/mlb-says-cheating-is-part-of-baseball-a-federal-court-agrees
the_batman26
AG
I guess I'd be more outraged if baseball didn't intrinsically include other bizarre ways to cheat.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
the_batman26 said:

It's not just me though, it's the U.S. 2nd Circuit of Appeals too: https://web.archive.org/web/20220403024601/http://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-02/mlb-says-cheating-is-part-of-baseball-a-federal-court-agrees

that isn't justifying cheating - good lord.

Seriously that's a weak ass argument.

All that case did is establish there is no LIABILITY from a betting platform for cheating when it is discovered. The results still stand and they are not liable to reimburse bets because of it.

the_batman26
AG
It's clear that cheating is still a part of the game, whether we like it or not. To assume baseball teams don't try to get that edge when there are so many opportunities to, more than any other sport, is ridiculous. The article mentions one MLB team making a damn Rube Goldberg machine lol. There's a reason why the Astros weren't stripped of 2017 too.
Texas A&M
My memory could be off, but didn't the Astros win the last two games of that WS in LA? They were the better team.
Sethtevious

Not only do they not have a pride night, the Rangers don't do anything to celebrate pride month. Their reasoning is pretty simple: they believe the ballpark should be a welcome place to everyone every single game, not just one month or night of the year.
the_batman26
AG
They also need to fill seats, and avoiding controversy is a good thing; especially considering what happened with the Dodgers this summer.
digging tunnels
AG
Texas A&M said:

My memory could be off, but didn't the Astros win the last two games of that WS in LA? They were the better team.

No. Astros lost game 6, won game 7 in LA. Also won game 2 there as well
Cynic
I'll bet they have a pride night eventually. Guarantee the marketing and social media team are liberal.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
This is a typical Rangers thread. It starts off talking only about the rangers but within 4 posts it becomes all about the Astros.
RogerFurlong
Cynic said:

I'll bet they have a pride night eventually. Guarantee the marketing and social media team are liberal.

But the owner is not liberal at all.
milner79
Dimebag Darrell said:

To make it Aggie football related (here on the Politics board ... ??), Curtis Dickey used to work security out in right field under the star on the Coke sign.
tk111
AG
Wishful thinking, but the Rangers string-pullers might actually know their fanbase a bit and make a few decisions here and there that reflect that. Now if they're really smart they'll jettison that bud light contract...

I went to the Oct19 ALCS game and it still amazes me (in the most heart warming way) that there was not a single human in that building willing to be caught dead with a bud light in their hand.
txaggie_08
AG
MGS said:

Ferg said:

"Now, let's get this trophy back to the Lone Star state where it belongs."

It was already in the Lone Star State, thanks to the 2022 World Series Champion Astros.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.