"The American dream ended."

12,496 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Aggie Apotheosis
Kidwrangler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The "address" quoted by the OP was not written or spoken by Franklin Graham and anyone familiar with his messaging would recognize that right away. If you must verify, it is simple to contact the ministry itself. People have done that very thing.

My brother sends me emails like this all the time. Misattribution of quotes to attempt to make them more credible is as old as humanity itself, but the internet has amplified the scope from the neighborhood spit and whittle clubs to the world. Oddly enough, along with religious leaders, Denzel Washington seems to be a favorite for hanging one's political opinions onto. I'm glad we have the right and freedom to express whatever views we wish. However, I do wish whoever wrote the original (and those who may have embellished it before "daring" to pass it on) would have the courage to put their names on it. To drag recognizable names of others into it seems cowardly to me.
PanzerAggie06
AG
BusterAg said:

SantaLucia said:

What can a white male not do now that he was able to do in this so-called "before" time?
Get promoted from upper middle management into the C-suite in any major corporation.
Get promoted from middle management into upper middle management in any major corporation.
Grab women by their p*****, even if the women really wish it would happen.

Your inability to be the good positions in the c-suites sound like a you problem. Many of us white men are doing amazingly well.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Are you trans or am I confusing you with another poster?
No Longer Subsribed
AG
Kidwrangler said:

The "address" quoted by the OP was not written or spoken by Franklin Graham and anyone familiar with his messaging would recognize that right away. If you must verify, it is simple to contact the ministry itself. People have done that very thing.

My brother sends me emails like this all the time. Misattribution of quotes to attempt to make them more credible is as old as humanity itself, but the internet has amplified the scope from the neighborhood spit and whittle clubs to the world. Oddly enough, along with religious leaders, Denzel Washington seems to be a favorite for hanging one's political opinions onto. I'm glad we have the right and freedom to express whatever views we wish. However, I do wish whoever wrote the original (and those who may have embellished it before "daring" to pass it on) would have the courage to put their names on it. To drag recognizable names of others into it seems cowardly to me.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the first post, and I didn't want to scroll through four pages so thank you for pointing that out. My other thought was why all the gloom and doom? Things would be better if we had different people in power and the world is full of people who are a risk to our way of life, but even so we still have the Sermon on the Mount, where we are specifically told that God is in control and that we are not to worry about such things.
BluHorseShu
AG
Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

BluHorseShu said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

rab79 said:

SantaLucia said:

What can a white male not do now that he was able to do in this so-called "before" time?

Get hired by a fortune 500 company...

You think there's a lack of white people in the workplace?

Yes.

There are a whole lot fewer young white males than there should be because they are being discriminated against. White males built high tech and modern civilization. Microsoft, white male. Google, white males. Amazon, white male. IBM, white males. Bristol Myers Squibb, white males. Kodak, white male. Dow chemical, white male. General Electric, white males.

Etc etc etc etc ad nauseam.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

I think I see the discrepancy...we need to differentiate between white people in the workplace and the influx of white women who've driven out the opportunities for white men. Women in the workforce is by and far the biggest driver in watering down opportunities.

I just noticed the "should be" in the post. That implies white men are owed positions solely because of the decision they did not make to be white and male. First, incredibly wrong. Second, the definition of privilege for those who argue that isn't a real thing. If anyone else, said "should be moreā€¦" the objections would be loud and incessant.

They "should be" because they are the most competent and capable.
HTH
Supreme Race!
LarryElder
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Are you trans or am I confusing you with another poster?

He's gay protected class
smucket
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Yet people risk their lives still trying to come to America?

Mythology is a helluva drug
Kidwrangler
Sims said:

Seems like a guy that would so heartily support the idea of God given rights is pretty quick to lament the fact that Joe Biden took them away.

They're either God given and God taken away or they aren't...he doesn't get to have it both ways.

For what it's worth, I stand squarely on the side of God given. His will, not mine. Since it is a written excerpt, it's hard to know the tone and expanded content of his monologue but it sure seems like there is a faith component missing that he should spend more time on.

Franklin Graham did not write or say any of what is in the OP's quote. See my post regarding misattribution of quotes above (page 4.) I wish that was made plain in the first post. It's possible to discuss the ideas presented without wrongly including an uninvolved party. Your response is a clear example of the harm it does to that individual.
tysker
AG
AgNav93 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Coming to get the hand outs before the gravy train derails. Hell, I would too. It's all by design.

You should be more worried about the barbarians already within the gate. Most spending by government is mandated government welfare programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
Sims
AG
Kidwrangler said:

Sims said:

Seems like a guy that would so heartily support the idea of God given rights is pretty quick to lament the fact that Joe Biden took them away.

They're either God given and God taken away or they aren't...he doesn't get to have it both ways.

For what it's worth, I stand squarely on the side of God given. His will, not mine. Since it is a written excerpt, it's hard to know the tone and expanded content of his monologue but it sure seems like there is a faith component missing that he should spend more time on.

Franklin Graham did not write or say any of what is in the OP's quote. See my post regarding misattribution of quotes above (page 4.) I wish that was made plain in the first post. It's possible to discuss the ideas presented without wrongly including an uninvolved party. Your response is a clear example of the harm it does to that individual.
Mr. Graham, my sincerest apologies to you. I hope that we can work in unity to rebuild what I've so carelessly torn asunder.
SantaLucia
tysker said:

AgNav93 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Coming to get the hand outs before the gravy train derails. Hell, I would too. It's all by design.

You should be more worried about the barbarians already within the gate. Most spending by government is mandated government welfare programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
Government spending on and tax breaks for the wealthy more than triple means-tested program spending. We're good with that though, right? It's not "welfare" that the hyperwealthy have a lesser tax burden than you do? Than the poor have as measured by a percentage of income?

I'm genuinely curious as to why so many (mostly on the Right) are not only okay with corporate welfare, wealthfare and such but celebrate it.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
SantaLucia said:

tysker said:

AgNav93 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Government spending on and tax breaks for the wealthy more than triple means-tested program spending. We're good with that though, right? It's not "welfare" that the hyperwealthy have a lesser tax burden than you do? Than the poor have as measured by a percentage of income?

I'm genuinely curious as to why so many (mostly on the Right) are not only okay with corporate welfare, wealthfare and such but celebrate it.

Are you seriously trying to make a "pay their fair share" argument?
SantaLucia
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

SantaLucia said:

tysker said:

AgNav93 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Are you seriously trying to make a "pay their fair share" argument?
I don't know the context of your question. I know they pay a lesser effective rate.
Logos Stick
BluHorseShu said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

BluHorseShu said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

rab79 said:

SantaLucia said:

Yes.

There are a whole lot fewer young white males than there should be because they are being discriminated against. White males built high tech and modern civilization. Microsoft, white male. Google, white males. Amazon, white male. IBM, white males. Bristol Myers Squibb, white males. Kodak, white male. Dow chemical, white male. General Electric, white males.

I think I see the discrepancy...we need to differentiate between white people in the workplace and the influx of white women who've driven out the opportunities for white men. Women in the workforce is by and far the biggest driver in watering down opportunities.

I just noticed the "should be" in the post. That implies white men are owed positions solely because of the decision they did not make to be white and male. First, incredibly wrong. Second, the definition of privilege for those who argue that isn't a real thing. If anyone else, said "should be moreā€¦" the objections would be loud and incessant.

They "should be" because they are the most competent and capable.
HTH
Supreme Race!

Evidence!

Sorry data and evidence hurt you inside.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Not below the bottom 40% of this country. Let's all pay the same effective rate.
Logos Stick
Aggie Apotheosis said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

Logos Stick said:

SantaLucia said:

rab79 said:

SantaLucia said:

Yes.

You're the one in your feelings. lol. None of what you just typed is true. If a white male is losing in America, it is on them. Further, I thought you all were capitalists? If a company wants to diversify its workplace, you have a choice to buy their products or not. But what you can't say is white guys can't work in Logistics anymore or medicine or banking.

Bet you a dollar 97% of Dow's chemists are white. If I lost the bet because it's only 96% I'll gladly pay up. I'll lay the same odds on toxicologists at Abbott Labs. Pick an industry other than football and basketball and I promise you white folks are just fine.

Nuh uh, not true. That's all you got?

It's an absolute fact and true that white males are at a significant disadvantage in college admissions and in corporate America.

Just because they are the majority doesn't prove they are not being discriminated against. They should be absolutely dominant in corporate America and that's no longer the case because of the liberal stupidity that you obviously believe.

You assume white men are smarter and somehow more capable by birthright. I assure you they are not. Often they are inferior and only got into Yale by legacy.

Sure. Let's compare America, built by white males to South America or Africa. White males have dominated and colonized every inch of his planet. Sorry facts and reality continues to hurt your feelings.

LMAO at the nonsense you believe.

I just drove by a subdivision that's going up faster than a weed and I can assure you there were very few white males out there building anything. I did see one that went about 300 .lbs getting in an F-250, but he didn't look like he was building anything.

White males moved up the value chain a long time ago, hoss. wake up. Architects, builders, etc. Lol
SantaLucia
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Not below the bottom 40% of this country. Let's all pay the same effective rate.
The effective tax rate of the wealthy in this country is roughly 22%. You pay more than that. I pay more than that. Even those we consider poor pay an effective rate of 26%. But whenever someone suggests closing loopholes and/or reducing some allowances that only the wealthy can take (writing off corporate jet rentals, e.g.), you all object vociferously.
tysker
AG
SantaLucia said:

The effective tax rate of the wealthy in this country is roughly 22%. You pay more than that. I pay more than that. Even those we consider poor pay an effective rate of 26%. But whenever someone suggests closing loopholes and/or reducing some allowances that only the wealthy can take (writing off corporate jet rentals, e.g.), you all object vociferously.

Please stay on topic. No one here is advocating for welfare, either for individuals or corporations
Faustus
aTmAg said:

SantaLucia said:

Get into Harvard with a perfect SAT.
40% of the last class that matriculated was white, and half of the class was female.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/3/31/admissions-decisions-2027/

Harvard accepted less than 2k students from over 60k applicants, and around 1,000 kids get perfect scores (according to this link) with the multiple curves that have been implemented since I took the test decades ago.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-many-people-get-perfect-sat-score-amikkalearning

This link puts it at a few thousand, which is 1,000 more kids than Harvard takes in a class.

https://go.collegewise.com/how-many-people-get-a-perfect-sat-score

It doesn't surprise me that Harvard doesn't give an auto-admit to something that's pretty common these days. It doesn't mean what it used to.
BusterAg
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

BusterAg said:

SantaLucia said:

Get promoted from upper middle management into the C-suite in any major corporation.
Get promoted from middle management into upper middle management in any major corporation.

Your inability to be the good positions in the c-suites sound like a you problem. Many of us white men are doing amazingly well.
The data related to promotions in corporate America over the last 2 years is staggeringly appalling.

Also, I am doing quite well, thank you. But, not in corporate America.
Barnyard96
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

They went beyond the participation trophy and started celebrating losers.

Replied to wrong post....
Fido2K
Vote for intelligent people who can solve problems.

This is most of the problem here. Voting has been compromised.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SantaLucia said:

The poor do not pay an effective tax rate of 26%. They effectively pay 0%. I am completely on board with everyone paying a flat tax, glad to hear you are too.
BusterAg
AG
SantaLucia said:

You do not understand taxes very well, at all.

What do you mean by effective tax rate?
Effective income tax rate for poor people is higher than rich? You're wrong.
Effective total tax rate for poor people is higher than rich? You're wrong.
Closing loopholes? You're wrong.

I say let's close every tax loophole that has anything to do with CO2. Windmills, EV's, etc. Corporate jet rentals can go, too. No problem.
BusterAg
AG
Faustus said:

aTmAg said:

SantaLucia said:

40% of the last class that matriculated was white, and half of the class was female.

Harvard accepted less than 2k students from over 60k applicants, and around 1,000 kids get perfect scores (according to this link) with the multiple curves that have been implemented since I took the test decades ago.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-many-people-get-perfect-sat-score-amikkalearning

This link puts it at a few thousand, which is 1,000 more kids than Harvard takes in a class.

It doesn't surprise me that Harvard doesn't give an auto-admit to something that's pretty common these days. It doesn't mean what it used to.
How many black applicants to Harvard with a perfect SAT got rejected, do you think, ever?

My money is on zero.

How about Asians? White people?

My money is on much higher than zero.
pagerman @ work
AG
Donghorn said:

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Franklin Graham was speaking at the First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida when he said America would not come back.

He wrote: * "The American dream ended." The first term of Joe Biden has been the final nail in the coffin for the legacy of the white Christian males who discovered, explored, pioneered, settled, and developed the greatest republic in the history of mankind.

A coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, the media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the "forever needy," the chronically unemployed that do not want to work, illegal aliens, and other "fellow travelers" have ended.........Norman Rockwell's America.

You will never again out-vote these people. It will take individual acts of defiance and massive displays of civil disobedience to regain the rights we have allowed them to take away. It will take zealots, not moderates and shy, not reach-across-the-aisle RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) to right this ship and restore our beloved country to its former status.

People like me are completely politically irrelevant. I will probably never again be able to legally comment on or concern myself with the coalition above that has surrendered our culture, heritage, and traditions without a shot being fired.

The Cocker spaniel is off the front porch, the pit bull is in the back yard, the American Constitution has been replaced with Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals," and the likes of Chicago shyster David Axelrod along with international socialist George Soros have been pulling the strings on their beige puppet and have brought us Act 2 of the New World Order.

The curtain will come down, but the damage has been done, and the story has been told.

Those who come after us will once again have to risk their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to bring back the Republic that this generation has timidly frittered away due to white guilt and political correctness.."
What do you think the American Dream is, exactly?
BusterAg
AG
To be absolutely clear, I am 100% for a colorblind society.

I think discriminating by race is appalling.

The best way to get rid of racisms it to stop talking about race.
AgBandsman
AG
rocky the dog said:

To be fair, medical professionals didn't take the oath to actually follow its orders.

They took the oath to pay for their primary home in the nicest neighborhood, private school for thier children, lake home in Montana, beach home in florida, and also to feel more important than the average citizen.
No Spin Ag
pagerman @ work said:

Donghorn said:

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Franklin Graham was speaking at the First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida when he said America would not come back.

He wrote: * "The American dream ended." The first term of Joe Biden has been the final nail in the coffin for the legacy of the white Christian males who discovered, explored, pioneered, settled, and developed the greatest republic in the history of mankind.

A coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, the media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the "forever needy," the chronically unemployed that do not want to work, illegal aliens, and other "fellow travelers" have ended.........Norman Rockwell's America.

You will never again out-vote these people. It will take individual acts of defiance and massive displays of civil disobedience to regain the rights we have allowed them to take away. It will take zealots, not moderates and shy, not reach-across-the-aisle RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) to right this ship and restore our beloved country to its former status.

People like me are completely politically irrelevant. I will probably never again be able to legally comment on or concern myself with the coalition above that has surrendered our culture, heritage, and traditions without a shot being fired.

The Cocker spaniel is off the front porch, the pit bull is in the back yard, the American Constitution has been replaced with Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals," and the likes of Chicago shyster David Axelrod along with international socialist George Soros have been pulling the strings on their beige puppet and have brought us Act 2 of the New World Order.

The curtain will come down, but the damage has been done, and the story has been told.

Those who come after us will once again have to risk their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to bring back the Republic that this generation has timidly frittered away due to white guilt and political correctness.."

To the minority and LGBTQXYZ couples that just bought their new home because they have good paying jobs, I'm sure they think they're living the American Dream. Same as the child of immigrants who just got accepted to college.

I'm sure there are many more Americans who feel like they're living the American Dream, they're just not white males longing for the days that will never exist again.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Faustus
BusterAg said:

Faustus said:

aTmAg said:

SantaLucia said:

How many black applicants to Harvard with a perfect SAT got rejected, do you think, ever?

My money is on zero.

With between 1,000-3,000 kids with perfect SAT scores each year, and individual scores not being reported we'll never know, although that's probably true.

The post I responded to said that a white male with a perfect SAT score can't get into Harvard (which is very probably not true given 20% or so of the incoming class were white males), not that Black applicants with perfect SAT scores always get admitted.

If the 3,000 number is correct and they all applied to Harvard, the school wouldn't have room for 1,000 applicants with perfect scores simply based on class size (if it admitted the other 2k).
Fido2K
BusterAg said:

To be absolutely clear, I am 100% for a colorblind society.

I think discriminating by race is appalling.

The best way to get rid of racisms it to stop talking about race.

I agree and technically there is only one race-human.
pagerman @ work
AG
No Spin Ag said:

pagerman @ work said:

Donghorn said:

To the minority and LGBTQXYZ couples that just bought their new home because they have good paying jobs, I'm sure they think they're living the American Dream. Same as the child of immigrants who just got accepted to college.

I'm sure there are many more Americans who feel like they're living the American Dream, they're just not white males longing for the days that will never exist again.

That doesn't answer the question.

What is the America Dream?
Muy
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Gee I wonder why?
SantaLucia
BusterAg said:

Faustus said:

aTmAg said:

SantaLucia said:

My money is on zero.

If two applicants with perfect scores apply, Harvard (a private institution) owes the white one the admission?
Nanomachines son
BusterAg said:

SantaLucia said:

Just try getting into manangement or an entry level job now as a white man.

At every level there are massive glass ceilings for white men. I thought it wasn't an issue until I realized that the only way I'll ever get into management outside of my current is by pure luck. The odds of it happening is near zero despite my qualifications and array of experience.

I have read numerous stories recently of white guys in college who basically can't find a job while every non-white has no issue at all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.