Jim Jordan is out. Who's next?

7,168 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Watermelon Man
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Also, Gaetz wanted McCarthy to end the Ethics Committee's investigation of him, and McCarthy refused so there is likely something more personal involved.
Think Blue talking point speculation. Useful idiot type of information.

Gaetz has said publicly it was about January 6th footage and omnibus bills.
GeorgiAg
AG
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Hungry Ojos
GeorgiAg said:

Next R nominee:

Next time you have the urge to post something on Texags...

Don't.
BusterAg
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Anything to keep the K Street money flowing in congress!!

Rockdoc
AG
Evidently, his job affords him LOTS of free time. Kinda makes you wonder.
annie88
AG
Malibu said:

1. McHenry gets the power to bring legislation to keep the social security checks printed and the arsenal of democracy humming along.

2. A moderate GOP member is elected in a grand coaltion that shares power with both parties We all hold hands and sing Kumbayah.

3. 4 GOP members tap out or switch sides and we get speaker Jeffries.

My guess is #1.

All are bad.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Next R nominee:

Well, he's dead so…
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
AggieMD95
AG
America missed out on a potential great SOH

Our loss I guess
GeorgiAg
AG
Rockdoc said:

I've been getting up at 4, 5 am every day this week for a 3 day arbitration, with direct/cross of engineer experts and a geotech soil expert in an a residential construction dispute/warranty case. I worked all last Sunday too. I'm pooped.

My secretary's out today and I'm just cleaning up my desk, email and phone messages. It's Friday afternoon, and I'm about to blow this popcorn stand. I did sign up for the Georgia Bar Board of Governor's meeting on Jekyll Island next week. The lawyers in my county elected me to be their state rep with the Bar. At noon next Saturday the bus leaves for Jax for a tailgate party for UGA/Florida game.

I have to come here to keep you lunatics in line.

TRM
AG
Emmer, the Majority Whip, has thrown his hat in the ring.
. . .

dvldog
AG
dmart90 said:

https://www.wsj.com/video/rep-jim-jordan-loses-third-vote-for-house-speaker/80B06B8C-3E6F-4881-A84E-EFF116ADD8E6.html

Quote:

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio lost his third bid to become speaker of the House on Friday. Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the previous speaker, was ousted more than two weeks ago.
OK - who's next?
Here is who has announced that they're either running or thinking about running so far:

• Jodey Arrington, R-Texas (considering)
  • Jack Bergman, R-Mich. (in)
  • Byron Donalds, R-Fla. (in)
  • Tom Emmer, R-Minn. (in)
  • Kevin Hern, R-Okla. (in)
  • Mike Johnson, R-La. (considering)
  • Austin Scott, R-Ga. (in)

There's no way this gets decided on Monday/Tuesday.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
dvldog said:

dmart90 said:

https://www.wsj.com/video/rep-jim-jordan-loses-third-vote-for-house-speaker/80B06B8C-3E6F-4881-A84E-EFF116ADD8E6.html

Quote:

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio lost his third bid to become speaker of the House on Friday. Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the previous speaker, was ousted more than two weeks ago.
OK - who's next?
Here is who has announced that they're either running or thinking about running so far:

Which of those would be best for conservatives while still having a chance to win? I've excepted that conservatives won't be fully happy with the choice, but I sure as hell don't want the damn moderates to be happy.
Rockdoc
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Rockdoc said:

I've been getting up at 4, 5 am every day this week for a 3 day arbitration, with direct/cross of engineer experts and a geotech soil expert in an a residential construction dispute/warranty case. I worked all last Sunday too. I'm pooped.

My secretary's out today and I'm just cleaning up my desk, email and phone messages. It's Friday afternoon, and I'm about to blow this popcorn stand. I did sign up for the Georgia Bar Board of Governor's meeting on Jekyll Island next week. The lawyers in my county elected me to be their state rep with the Bar. At noon next Saturday the bus leaves for Jax for a tailgate party for UGA/Florida game.

Not buying it. Nobody's gonna work for me while posting on TexAgs constantly.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
How many billions of Money Laundering have we saved going days without a Speaker?
TRM
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

How many billions of Money Laundering have we saved going days without a Speaker?
None. We're appropriated through mid-November.
Ag CPA
AG
Rockdoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That rules out 80% of F16 then, sorry guys.

And this is pretty rich coming from a guy that has 22.5K posts on this site.
Rapier108
dvldog said:

dmart90 said:

Quote:

OK - who's next?

Congressman Pete Sessions announces plan to run for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (kbtx.com)
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rockdoc
AG
Ag CPA said:

Rockdoc said:

GeorgiAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That rules out 80% of F16 then, sorry guys.

And this is pretty rich coming from a guy that has 22.5K posts on this site.

Sorry to disappoint. I'm retired. Already put in my 40+ years. Next?
B-1 83
AG
Rapier108 said:

Whoever it is, it won't matter.

The Assistant Democrats won't vote for a strong conservative.

The Gaetz Kamikazes won't vote for anything who anyone who isn't their idea of a strong conservative.
fify

Of course, they won't really commit to who they think is, but that's beside the point. Whomever it might be will be the greatest speaker ever……..the best…….MAGA approved……. If you don't realize this, you are just making yourself look stupid.*

*so many of us were told when this sh#tshow started.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Fins Up!
AG
Can we go back to Steve Scalise?
Panama Red
AG
UAS Ag
Logos Stick said:

Rapier108 said:

Whoever it is, it won't matter.

The Assistant Democrats won't vote for a strong conservative.

The Gaetz Kamikazes won't vote for anything who anyone who isn't a strong conservative.

Refresh my memory. How did McCarthy get the position without the Geatz Kamikazes voting for him?
And how will the strong conservative that Gaetz supports get the position without the Assistant Democrats voting for him?

The same way - the nominee will have to compromise and make promises that are damn near impossible to keep and then they can be removed at the whim of an Assistant Democrat that gets an emperor's complex like Gaetz did.
UAS Ag
BusterAg said:

Rapier108 said:

Also, Gaetz wanted McCarthy to end the Ethics Committee's investigation of him, and McCarthy refused so there is likely something more personal involved.
Think Blue talking point speculation. Useful idiot type of information.

Gaetz has said publicly it was about January 6th footage and omnibus bills.
I'm very sure Gaetz wouldn't lie about trying to get an ethics investigation of his deeds with underaged girls ended, now would he?
UAS Ag
GeorgiAg said:

When Christie gets to drop you from the top rope, it's a bad day...
UAS Ag
annie88 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Next R nominee:

Well, he's dead so…
Well, he's alive, so...
UAS Ag
. . . said:

Rick Barnes has withdrawn his name for consideration as SOTH.
TexAgs91
AG
UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are so many establishment Republicans in office that our party is non functional?

UAS Ag
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are so many establishment Republicans in office that our party is non functional?

As opposed to them not being in the party and the GOP being a very small, immaterial party?

I think it's a good thing since it makes the GOP the majority party as opposed to the minority party when the Dems control the Senate and POTUS.

The GOP is never going to be 100% homogenous far right. And if it does get like that it will become irrelevant...

BTW, it's not those "establishment Republicans" that are making the party non functional right now.
TexAgs91
AG
UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

As opposed to them not being in the party and the GOP being a very small, immaterial party?

I think it's a good thing since it makes the GOP the majority party as opposed to the minority party when the Dems control the Senate and POTUS.

The GOP is never going to be 100% homogenous far right. And if it does get like that it will become irrelevant...

BTW, it's not those "establishment Republicans" that are making the party non functional right now.
What "far right" policies does Jim Jordan favor that you think GOPe has a problem with?
45-70Ag
AG
If there had been a plan in place for whoever to become the next speaker after what Gaetz did, that would have made some sort of sense.

To do all this for a clown show to ensue that appears to be never ending was short sighted and won't help next November.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

What "far right" policies does Jim Jordan favor that you think GOPe has a problem with?

Anything common sense like strong border security and fiscal responsibility is now labeled "far right" in clown world.
UAS Ag
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

I think it's more the TACTICS than many of his policy views.

And the continued focus on 2020 doesn't help the GOP much with anyone but the hardcore base, so his views there may make the "GOPe" hesitant to put him up as the face of the ENTIRE GOP.

But, I love how if you're not MAGA then you're GOPe/RINO/CM...
TexAgs91
AG
UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

I think it's more the TACTICS than many of his policy views.

And the continued focus on 2020 doesn't help the GOP much with anyone but the hardcore base, so his views there may make the "GOPe" hesitant to put him up as the face of the ENTIRE GOP.

But, I love how if you're not MAGA then you're GOPe/RINO/CM...

Glad you enjoyed that.

We aren't able to push any policies right now and are only hurting the party.

I haven't heard Jordan talk a lot about the 2020 election. The focus right now is on getting a sensible budget and impeaching Biden, as it should be.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.