Israel/Hamas going at it

1,666,739 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dudes just a lackey to the supreme leader, no?
AtticusMatlock
Pretty much. The Ayatollah is the head of the religious council. He has to give his blessing to anyone elected president.
AtticusMatlock
Iranian state media calling it a hard landing but local officials described it as a crash. Reports of rain, fog, trees.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/19/world-news/rescuers-respond-to-incident-involving-iranian-president-ebrahim-raisis-helicopter-convoy/
Raiderjay
Hmm… will be interesting to see how this plays out…. Can't imagine Israel was behind this, but do believe they could carry it out if they wanted to
nortex97
AG
Seems unlikely, imho. Mountains/trees, Mi-171 helicopter (older Russian 'Hip' design, I am sure the Russians have not worried about sanctions etc. relative to supporting the Iranian helo fleet) with Azerbaijan president also, relatively little gain. Flying an older helicopter (likely without sophisticated ground proximity alert systems etc) around/in mountains with limited/low visibility is not…well it's not real safe I guess.

When the Israeli's take direct kinetic action against a foreign leader…it is for effect, not show.
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I highly doubt this was Israel. This was simply ****ty equipment failing.
AtticusMatlock
The Azerbaijan president wasn't on the helo. It's the supreme council mullah rep for the Azerbaijan region of Iran. It's like Mexico vs New Mexico.
AtticusMatlock
Read earlier that this guy was near the top of the list to replace the Ayatollah, who is 85. Rumors that he was among the top two or three and may have been the favorite. Could have been an inside job to eliminate a political rival.
Ag In Ok
AG
This is rich coming from the ICC

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-801877

I am not surprised that those far off call for charges based on perceptions.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ag In Ok said:

This is rich coming from the ICC

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-801877

I am not surprised that those far off call for charges based on perceptions.

And everyone involved will laugh at them and keep going.
nortex97
AG
Edit, removed. I think it was a bogus claim/story. Sorry.
LMCane
LMCane

status as of the last few hours- roughly 70% of the philadelphi corridor running along Egyptian border is now under control of the IDF

I have maintained they should land troops from the sea to the north and head south to link up with the infantry and armor moving north

that puts Hamas in a classic encirclement from both sides.
LMCane
LMCane
BBRex
AG
It still gets me that the countries that had citizens kidnapped and/or murdered don't seem to have any interest at all in getting their people back. It's kind of crazy.
LMCane
BBRex said:

It still gets me that the countries that had citizens kidnapped and/or murdered don't seem to have any interest at all in getting their people back. It's kind of crazy.

What has Joe Biden done to demand Hamas release the 5 Americans still being held hostage?
TheVarian
AG
Apparently the floating dock has protection from the goobers in GaZa

deddog
AG
LMCane said:

BBRex said:

What has Joe Biden done to demand Hamas release the 5 Americans still being held hostage?

Why do anything?
They are Jewish and if they get killed he might even blame Israel
txags92
AG
TheVarian said:

Apparently the floating dock has protection from the goobers in GaZa

So are those Israeli vehicles and Israelis operating those systems? Or have we already violated Biden's "no boots on the ground" pledge regarding the dock? Or did they make the troops setting them up wear slippers instead of boots to get around it?
93MarineHorn
BBRex said:

They are caving to their Israel hating citizens. Constantly demanding the release of hostages would cause severe cognitive dissonance among their population that sympathizes with the Palestinians and doesn't want to have the Hamas atrocities and ongoing war crime (holding hostages) brought up again and again. It's simply a political calculation.
YouBet
AG
BBRex said:

Definitely wild. I bet 95% of the population has no idea there are Americans being held hostage because the media doesn't acknowledge it.
BBRex
AG
That looks a lot like the Close-In Weapons System (CIWS - usually said like "see whiz") from when I was in the Navy Reserves. The joke was "CIWS" stood for "Christ, it won't shoot!" Here's hoping the Army version does when needed.
LMCane
BBRex said:

That looks a lot like the Close-In Weapons System (CWIS) from when I was in the Navy Reserves. The joke was "CWIS" stood for "Christ, it won't shoot!" Here's hoping the Army version does when needed.
BenFiasco14
AG
I know this has been said a lot but it's worth repeating.

Why the flipping EFF is OUR MILITARY building a floating barge to deliver "aid" to mostly terrorists??? Why are we even down there? FFS, let Israel handle it and at least stay the F out of their way if we aren't going to help.

This half ass pier "aid" attempt is an embarrassment. Continue to be more and more ashamed by this joke of an admin.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
LMCane
This Hamas terrorist first FA, then FO...

[Put a link with a NSFW warning on these types of videos. -Staff]
LMCane
BenFiasco14 said:

I know this has been said a lot but it's worth repeating.

Why the flipping EFF is OUR MILITARY building a floating barge to deliver "aid" to mostly terrorists??? Why are we even down there? FFS, let Israel handle it and at least stay the F out of their way if we aren't going to help.

This half ass pier "aid" attempt is an embarrassment. Continue to be more and more ashamed by this joke of an admin.
Here is a clue:

"MICHIGAN ELECTORAL VOTES"
ShaggySLC

They're getting Japanese desperate
i is smart
AG
Yeah, we really need to get the hell out of the way. We're more likely to harm ourselves and put Israelis at risk than provide any help.
Who?mikejones!
Hamas supporters are pissed this morning as Israel killed 2 commanders who were hiding in a refugee camp. The strike killed 45 people, allegedly.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-05-26-24/h_fcbbc722b46464bab44b8cfc1918cd53

Hamas is teaching all terrorist that all one needs to do to be safe and garner world support is plant yourself with human shields all around.
txags92
AG
i is smart said:

Yeah, we really need to get the hell out of the way. We're more likely to harm ourselves and put Israelis at risk than provide any help.

Pier is reportedly sinking too. Appears to be just as well planned and executed as our Afghanistan pullout.

txags92
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Hamas supporters are pissed this morning as Israel killed 2 commanders who were hiding in a refugee camp. The strike killed 45 people, allegedly.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-05-26-24/h_fcbbc722b46464bab44b8cfc1918cd53

Hamas is teaching all terrorist that all one needs to do to be safe and garner world support is plant yourself with human shields all around.
As long as you are attacking Jews. The world has much less patience for terrorism against other groups.
Who?mikejones!
Apparently, there was a secondary explosion from a fuel truck, so says bibi. The secondary explosion is allegedly what killed the Palestinian civilians.

Again, when you allow hamas to be amongst you, you're taking a huge risk.
Stat Monitor Repairman

War on three continents.

Anybody got any good news?
nortex97
AG
Fjb is likely to lose.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.