Israel/Hamas going at it

1,667,347 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flakrat
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I thought they just retired the Littoral ships? Yet there's one near Cypress.
GAC06
AG
They decommissioned some of the early LCS but there isn't one on that graphic
Ag with kids
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Had to dig to find this. US did hit Iranian proxies again today.

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-770748
I think we've been doing that for a number of years now.
Not a Bot
AG
Turkey and Iran hate each other and are burgeoning geopolitical rivals.

Turks are not fans of Hezbollah or the destabilization of Lebanon by the Shia groups.

Any intervention by Turkey would likely be focused on Lebanon/Syria and would have similar goals as the Israelis. Erdogan would also never want to be seen working with Israel for domestic reasons.

The ME is a complicated mess.
2023NCAggies

[Stop derailing the thread. This one is about the ongoing Israel and Hamas conflict -- Staff]
45-70Ag
AG

Screw it, I'm good with a huge war.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Yes, these radical groups, and those that support them, need to be eradicated from the planet.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Just thinking through what the whole Hamas strategy has been. All I can tell is that they successfully pissed off Israel and captured 200+ hostages. Was the end game to hope for a prisoner exchange for these hostages? Hope for Hezbollah to intervene on the north? You'd think they maybe would have gathered support prior to escalating things. Obviously shooting a lot of rockets into Israel from Gaza hasn't ever done much, at least strategically. Most are intercepted or do not hit anything. At this point at least, just confused if they really had any plan beyond the Oct 7 attack.
aezmvp
10andBOUNCE said:

Just thinking through what the whole Hamas strategy has been. All I can tell is that they successfully pissed off Israel and captured 200+ hostages. Was the end game to hope for a prisoner exchange for these hostages? Hope for Hezbollah to intervene on the north? You'd think they maybe would have gathered support prior to escalating things. Obviously shooting a lot of rockets into Israel from Gaza hasn't ever done much, at least strategically. Most are intercepted or do not hit anything. At this point at least, just confused if they really had any plan beyond the Oct 7 attack.
You're thinking of Hamas as an independent entity. Think of them as an Iranian proxy and the goals make more sense strategically.
nortex97
AG
Hamas leadership is safe in places like Qatar, London, Germany, Moscow etc. If anything, their popularity has risen. Given the history, and tenets of islam itself which is quite explicit, this is probably a positive play for funding/support for their leadership.

Check out literally any arab media throughout the world (including in the US) and you will feel like it's the twilight zone.
LMCane
Even the Nazis allowed non-nationals to flee Europe in late 1939!

Hamas is blocking foreign nationals including Britons from leaving Gaza

The United States said on Sunday, as Israel sent more troops into the strip to join a ground offensive.

Britain was on Sunday working to rescue trapped citizens as civil disorder and looting broke out at UN aid warehouses in besieged Gaza.

American officials said that Israel and Egypt were prepared to let foreigners leave the Strip which is under heavy Israeli bombardment, but Hamas had refused.

At least 200 British citizens are thought to be registered with the UK authorities inside the coastal enclave, and some 600 Americans, as well as many other nationalities.

Jake Sullivan, the White House's chief security adviser, said: "The Egyptians are prepared to let Americans and other foreign nationals out of Gaza. The Israelis have no issue with that. But Hamas is preventing their departure and making a series of demands."

Ag with kids
AG
45-70Ag said:

I keep seeing people say "where's the evidence?" as if Israel is making things up.

Hamas FILMED it THEMSELVES and then PUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!

THAT is your evidence.

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be erased from the world.
Darth Randy
45-70Ag said:

I read this last night and almost lost it. I have seen tons of horrific stuff in my adult life due to my line of work and reading that was one of the most heartbreaking mental images I can think of.
nortex97
AG

Interesting, if true.

ttu_85
Ag with kids said:

45-70Ag said:

I keep seeing people say "where's the evidence?" as if Israel is making things up.

Hamas FILMED it THEMSELVES and then PUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!

THAT is your evidence.

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be erased from the world.
Yep this is worth throwing down big time. Full bore. Any people or culture that finds this sort of thing acceptable needs to be obliterated.

This is some sick F'ed up stuff that has no place anywhere on this planet.

Really, who the **** puts a baby in an oven!!! As stated above the whack jobs in question put this insanity on internet themselves. Anybody that had anything to do with this needs to be skinned- after fair trails or in combat either is fine with me.

Death by a sniper or 750 lbs bunker buster is way to easy for these SOBS. But it will do.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wow so it is an open air prison. It's just not the Israeli's that are the prison guards. It's Hamas. I wish the stupid dip****s rooting for them would get a clue.
Bird Poo
AG
Something that has become clear with this conflict. The main stream media narrative gets obliterated within hours. We can all thank Elon and other social media outlets for that.
txags92
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

The more I read about what went on, I think the Hamas plan was to try to attack some Israeli military posts and breach the barriers. They sent a bunch of green jihadis who had very little info and very little training. Their instructions were reportedly to "bring back hostages". I don't think anybody on the Hamas side expected the attack to be so successful and for the Israeli defenses to fail so spectacularly. So they ended up with several hundred foaming at the mouth jihadis running around with free access to a bunch of unsuspecting civilians.

Iran wanted a big attack and lots of Israeli hostages to tie up the middle east and put the brakes on the peace talks between the Saudis and the Israelis. I don't think they had any concept of how far beyond that their lackeys would go and how badly they would piss off the Israelis in doing so. I think they wanted to use Hezbollah to poke the Israelis in the butt every time they turned their full attention to Hamas. But I think even Hezbollah wants no part of how pissed the Israelis are right now. They could be overwhelming the Iron Dome systems with their rockets and missiles if they wanted, but they know it will mean a huge overwhelmingly disproportionate response if they do it.
LMCane
JayHowdy! said:

Dan Scott said:

Hezbollah appears to be joining the war. Their leader Hassan Nasrullah has been quiet but earlier this week Hezbollah released this tease with the caption "Wait for him"

Then today Hezbollah released this tease

And it's being reported he will make his first public speech since this all started Friday 3PM Lebanon time.

I don't get why they announce on a Sunday a speech for Friday? Everything could change by then.
This would be one of the stupidest strategic mistakes in the history of warfare

Hizbullah/Iran's real opportunity lay on October 7

to jointly attack across the Israeli frontier and they would have had as many easy targets to murder as Hamas did.

now they are going to be going up against an entire Armored division with artillery and recon units. plus Israel has already evacuated all of the border communities along the Lebanon Blue Line.
LMCane
zgolfz85 said:

The Russians storming the airports didn't appear to me all middle easterners and far from it. That tells me the anti-Israeli (anti jew let's be honest) propaganda in Russia must be raging
Fun Fact:

Chechens are Muslims but don't look like Middle Easterners (because they aren't) and are part of the Russian Republic.

another fun fact: Dagestan is filled with Muslims who are part of the Russian Republic. They also look like Caucasians and not Middle Easterners.
Ag87H2O
AG
45-70Ag said:

This is sickening. Shades of Molech.

Yeah, the only thing you can do with evil like this is obliterate it completely.

Edit - removed a bit that was over the top. My disgust for Hamas and what they did sometimes overloads my brain.
PJYoung
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

They wanted to inflame Israel so much with their war crimes (captured on GoPros!) that they forced Israel into a long bloody invasion of Gaza, thereby inflaming the rest of the world against Israel and possibly kicking off a major war.

The world had mostly forgotten about the Gaza Strip and Saudi Arabia was about to sign a historic peace accord. Iran wasn't going to let that happen.

Joes
Ag87H2O said:

45-70Ag said:

This is sickening. Shades of Molech.

Yeah, the only thing you can do with evil like this is obliterate it completely. The leadership and everyone that supports their barbaric, genocidal agenda.
That's the clear majority of the world.
CDUB98
AG
If you're looking for current live feeds, I've liked these two the best. Four different camera views each.

Houston Lee
AG
The Hamas/Palestinians have taken over 200 people HOSTAGE.

The muslims all over the world seem to gloss over this fact while on their way to calling for "Free Palestine" and "Cease Fire" and "Kill all the Jews".

Then, these same muslims say that Hamas isn't a terrorist organization. 200+ hostages, but not a terrorist organization? This is human trafficking on a major level and a war crime in itself. Oh, and let's just "forget" about Hamas crossing the border into Israel and the murdering of people and children in their homes. We need to focus on a "cease fire".

It seems like that if these people and muslims had their way, they would exterminate every Jew from the face of the Earth. Israel will do what they need to do to Hamas. But, I'm done with the excuses and the people that support Hamas and Palestine. Those people are almost just as bad.

LMCane
dtkprowler
AG
How are these cameras up and running and getting out? Thought all power and internet was out in the area but the Hospital view is still up and running?
No Spin Ag
LMCane said:

Sadly, her losing her head was likely the least painful thing she experienced.

Israel better not take an prisoners, but if they do, they need to place the animals in a place that would make our worst black site look like paradise.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Houston Lee
AG
dtkprowler said:

How are these cameras up and running and getting out? Thought all power and internet was out in the area but the Hospital view is still up and running?
Internet has been restored.
CDUB98
AG
dtkprowler said:

I dunno.

My guess is that all but the Gaza hospital are from outside Gaza. Some others have said that those with American SIM cards can get some connection with towers right outside Gaza.
LMCane
from a military perspective:

1. yes it bites to have to engage in urban warfare where the enemy are a group of terrorists hiding amongst civilians

2. on the other hand, these IDF convoys of armored vehicles we see on video moving parallel to the border over the course of an hour would have been completely annihilated if they were trying the same thing against Russians in Ukraine

3. so there are actual tangible benefits to fighting terrorists instead of being in a two year long war against a peer enemy armed with thousands of UAVs and artillery pieces.
LMCane
maybe THIS is why Israel is not going to stop until they have killed thousands of Hamas terrorists:

LMCane
And not surprisingly, Hamas terrorists giving false hope to the families of the missing

BadMoonRisin
AG
Damn, I dont know if you ever recover from seeing things like that.
First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.