Israel/Hamas going at it

1,669,086 Views | 9815 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Brother Shamus
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Mathguy64 said:

JobSecurity said:

That's a subtle distinction to let them off the hook.

You fired at us versus you fired in the direction we happened to be sailing in.
Bingo. If this occurred yesterday (as some sources are saying) there is no way we can't know where they were going at this point. IMO there is no way we don't know where these were going at this point. The report is reading as these missiles were a danger to our assets or assets we were protecting and those missiles were dealt with.

I don't think the Pentagon will actually give a response right now if these were targetted at our ships right now. If they were, expect strikes in Yemen in the somewhat near future. If they weren't, well I'd still expect some strikes to occur. We probably won't know for sure for awhile if ever.
Given that Iran just got out from under sanctions on their ballistic missile programs and has been boasting about time running out for Israel, what are the chances these were intermediate range Iranian supplied BMs headed for Israel and the Carney was in the Red Sea shooting them down?
I would suspect they (Iran) would start with Iskander missile copies from the Russians. I can't see them not profiting from the trade to Russia for drones. Using known technology would go a long ways to help them to figure out how to make larger technologies work. Plus I wouldn't doubt that China has been helping them on the side.
txags92
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

txags92 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Mathguy64 said:

JobSecurity said:

That's a subtle distinction to let them off the hook.

You fired at us versus you fired in the direction we happened to be sailing in.
Bingo. If this occurred yesterday (as some sources are saying) there is no way we can't know where they were going at this point. IMO there is no way we don't know where these were going at this point. The report is reading as these missiles were a danger to our assets or assets we were protecting and those missiles were dealt with.

I don't think the Pentagon will actually give a response right now if these were targetted at our ships right now. If they were, expect strikes in Yemen in the somewhat near future. If they weren't, well I'd still expect some strikes to occur. We probably won't know for sure for awhile if ever.
Given that Iran just got out from under sanctions on their ballistic missile programs and has been boasting about time running out for Israel, what are the chances these were intermediate range Iranian supplied BMs headed for Israel and the Carney was in the Red Sea shooting them down?
I would suspect they (Iran) would start with Iskander missile copies from the Russians. I can't see them not profiting from the trade to Russia for drones. Using known technology would go a long ways to help them to figure out how to make larger technologies work. Plus I wouldn't doubt that China has been helping them on the side.
They have the Shahab-3 already that can reach Israel.
txags92
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Valid theory, IMO.

Is Iran, by proxy, testing their own systems, and at the same time, poking defenses for weaknesses?
Looks like I called it…

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/us-navy-destroyer-red-sea-185700181.html

Quote:

The USS Carney, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the northern Red Sea, on Thursday shot down multiple missiles and drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen that the Pentagon said were potentially headed toward targets in Israel.

The ship was in the northern Red Sea on Thursday evening local time when it intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said at a press briefing. U.S. officials told ABC News that the Carney had brought down eight drones launched by the Houthis.
jabberwalkie09
AG
txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Valid theory, IMO.

Is Iran, by proxy, testing their own systems, and at the same time, poking defenses for weaknesses?
Looks like I called it…

Quote:

The USS Carney, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the northern Red Sea, on Thursday shot down multiple missiles and drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen that the Pentagon said were potentially headed toward targets in Israel.

The ship was in the northern Red Sea on Thursday evening local time when it intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said at a press briefing. U.S. officials told ABC News that the Carney had brought down eight drones launched by the Houthis.

Not sure if this speaks to our systems being that good or the Israelis possibly having an over taxed system. Kudos to the Carney's sytem operators either way though.
txags92
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Valid theory, IMO.

Looks like I called it…

Quote:

Not sure if this speaks to our systems being that good or the Israelis possibly having an over taxed system. Kudos to the Carney's sytem operators either way though.
I'm glad our ROE let them shoot them down instead of just watching them. Makes me wonder if we had some Intel that the Houthis might try something.
Who?mikejones!
Did biden demand the immediate release of American hostages by Hamas during his speech or not?

In this war, not being directly engaged, shouldn't our focus be first and foremost be getting American citizens rescued?
TommyBrady
AG
We are pretty active in Yemen still and have helped shoot down drones and missiles to help out the saudis. We also conduct drone strikes in Yemen still.
CDUB98
GarryowenAg
AG
deddog said:

CDUB98 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Region related.
Yemen idiots were launching rockets to cross most of Saudi Arabia? Pretty sure the Saudi's won't like that very much.
The Houthis have carried out missile attacks on Saudi cities already. The (in)famous video of the Patriot failing and hitting the ground is from a Saudi attempt to block Houthi missiles.

How long before we move Patriot batteries into SA?

We've actually had Patriot batteries in SA since the early 2000's. Mostly at the air fields and other strategic locations.
Rossticus

Pinochet
I'm confused. Why is attacking our troops not grounds for destroying them? You don't let people pick on you in the schoolyard. You punch them in the mouth so they know there will be hell to pay for thinking about looking at you sideways.
An L of an Ag
AG
Pinochet said:

I'm confused. Why is attacking our troops not grounds for destroying them? You don't let people pick on you in the schoolyard. You punch them in the mouth so they know there will be hell to pay for thinking about looking at you sideways.

This. Light em up!!
Rossticus
nortex97
AG
"But the population of Gaza is mostly under-30, and they didn't vote for the Hamas takeover."

The population:

There are very, very few 'innocents' in Gaza.

LMCane
Pizza
nortex97 said:

"But the population of Gaza is mostly under-30, and they didn't vote for the Hamas takeover."

The population:

There are very, very few 'innocents' in Gaza.

After the silence from much of the public, and media during the afghan retreat, I don't hold very high hopes that even a reasonable majority of people even care.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Anyone have a recent live feed?
Ag87H2O
AG
Israel cannot let the world forget or ignore what happened on October 7. They need to blast this and other similiar stories over every social media platform and keep reminding the civilized world that they are dealing with inhumane barbarians. Keep it in the front page. They cannot let the rapid news cycle, short attention spans, and enemy propaganda cause people to forget the brutal truth.

Nothing short of total destruction of Hamas leadership, weaponry, and terror making ability will suffice.
Old May Banker
AG
LMCane said:

LMCane

When so many cower in fear

Gal Gadot stepping up like the real life warrior she is.
CDUB98
AG
LMCane said:

The only words I have would make Satan blush.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Old May Banker said:

LMCane said:

This was tough to listen too. I have a 7 year old
PrestigeWorldwideAg12

aggiehawg
AG
Anyone have a feed? Steve's says it is private only for me.

TIA.
LMCane
carl spacklers hat said:

FireAg said:

My gut has told me that Russia worked with Iran to initiate the Hamas attacks, followed by Hezbollah (thus opening two fronts) to force arms shipments to be diverted away from Ukraine and toward Israel...
I've entertained a similar line of thinking. Putin urges his proxy Iran to stir some stuff up in the ME to distract the West from Ukraine and its military support in that campaign. Iran obliges and reaches out to Hamas to get something cooked up. Hamas goes 9/11 and voila, suddenly all attention, and military support, shifts to the ME. Would definitely help out Putin in his "special military operation" in the area.
I know for a fact that the USG has had to try to determine which defense articles should be shipped to either Ukraine for their war, Israel for their war against Hamas, or held for the US military.

much less if China gets into this.

doubledog

Someone should tell Hamas
JFABNRGR
AG
LMCane said:

carl spacklers hat said:

FireAg said:

My gut has told me that Russia worked with Iran to initiate the Hamas attacks, followed by Hezbollah (thus opening two fronts) to force arms shipments to be diverted away from Ukraine and toward Israel...
I've entertained a similar line of thinking. Putin urges his proxy Iran to stir some stuff up in the ME to distract the West from Ukraine and its military support in that campaign. Iran obliges and reaches out to Hamas to get something cooked up. Hamas goes 9/11 and voila, suddenly all attention, and military support, shifts to the ME. Would definitely help out Putin in his "special military operation" in the area.
I know for a fact that the USG has had to try to determine which defense articles should be shipped to either Ukraine for their war, Israel for their war against Hamas, or held for the US military.

To date Israel has not provided any evidence of russian involvement but has made some pretty damning statements to russia while almost none that I am aware of to Iran as for the future.

Did Iran out russias involvement in this and is it possible Iran did not have as much support in this attack as originally suspected?
Slicer97
AG
LMCane said:

Glass the entire Strip and everything in it.
Capstone
AG
Once he started describing how the family was executed - that was too much for me, I was out. Now, I was able to watch the dude accidentally blow himself up. Not sure what that says about me.
chickencoupe16
AG
Capstone said:

Once he started describing how the family was executed - that was too much for me, I was out. Now, I was able to watch the dude accidentally blow himself up. Not sure what that says about me.
Says you understand who's right and who's wrong.
LMCane
could someone explain to the leftist propaganda media that THIS is what happens when the IAF bombs a building?

LMCane
JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

carl spacklers hat said:

FireAg said:

To date Israel has not provided any evidence of russian involvement but has made some pretty damning statements to russia while almost none that I am aware of to Iran as for the future.

Did Iran out russias involvement in this and is it possible Iran did not have as much support in this attack as originally suspected?

That is a good point.

But I think what is happening is that every Israeli knows that Iran is the foremost enemy and threat with nuclear weapons

what is new is there must be some intel which shows Russian involvement in weapons transfers or political discussions with the Iranians and Hamas.
nortex97
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.