Israel/Hamas going at it

1,670,179 Views | 9828 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by GAC06
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
evan_aggie said:

Information and video footage of the hospital explosion is very strange.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67144061?at_campaign=KARANGA&at_medium=RSS

They claimed 500+ dead but the crater and impact in the courtyard shows something more like a rocket strike (crater a couple feet deep?).

The fire and cars in the immediate area is 100 ft in diameter. I don't know how it spread to the hospital structure?

It is likely this was a stray rocket, but does anyone have info on the hospital destruction itself?
look in this thread there is drone footage showing the hospital undamaged
zgolfz85
AG
Houston Lee said:

Ag87H2O said:

Bubblez said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Houston Lee said:

There are rules of war. We and Israel must abide by them. Humanitarian aid is a must. Non-Combatants must be helped if possible. It doesn't matter who they are or which side they support.

Hammas are not abiding by the rules of war and are using our compliance with those rules to hide behind non-combatants. That is unfortunate, but does not allow us or Israel to just throw the rules to the side when it suits us.

Hammas will have to be dealt with within the confines of the rules.

Hammas is not a country. They are a terrorist organization and do not deserve the protections of a traditional war.
The non-combatant citizens living in that area do.
You're being intentionally obtuse. The vast, vast majority of "non-combatant citizens" that live in Gaza cheer when Hamas executes, abuses, or kidnaps Israelis, and they also raise their children to be the next generation of Hamas terrorists.

Most are not the innocent civilians you make them out to be. They live there and exist full well knowing that Hamas could lead them straight into justifiable death, yet they continue to support them and call Gaza home.

Israel needs to do whatever it is they deem necessary to take out the threat to their citizens. Period. They have shown great restraint so far in warning citizens of upcoming bombings and giving them time to leave. They have used pinpoint, precision weaponry to avoid civilian casualties. If "civilians" in Gaza suffer or die for the sins of the barbarians they enable and support, it's a reality of war. They are getting a lot better than what they have dished out to the Israelis.
I don't think anyone is making out the non-combatant civilians to be "innocent". But, if they are not carrying a weapon and/or fighting, they must be treated as a non-combatant. There are rules for treatment of POWs as well.

My first reaction was a desire to wipe them all out and be done with them. Kill them all. But, that is not the rightful course of action. Not every person in Gaza is a terrorist. They may support them, but that does not mean they should be slaughtered.

We support our country. We support our troops. We support our way of life. We teach our children this way of life and love for our country and our ideals. Should our children and other non-military countrymen be slaughtered by our enemies because they might grow up to fight for the USA one day? As a people, we have decided that this line of thinking is wrong.

I want Israel to eliminate all Hammas terrorists or anyone in Gaza that picks up a weapon to kill Israelis. We should not advocate for the slaughter of non-combatants, no matter where or who they are. One day, that non-combatant could be you and your family.

I'd agree, except for that our country and military etc isn't hellbent on Jewish genocide or genocide of any group. Not sure how you can even attempt to reconcile those 2 things. Does the US do things that sometimes mean collateral damage, unintentionally, for the greater good? Sure, just as Israel does. Nothing Hamas does is for any good of any kind for anyone and thus those who support them are also inherently evil as a result. This isn't hard.

The liberals on this planet and other idiots make it out like Hamas is just carrying out their version of the American revolution. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so terrifying that we live amongst so many ignorant people.
MJ20/20
AG
You may want to sit the next couple months (at a minimum) of this conflict out. The images you have in your mind and/or your understanding of the middle east are so far from reality that the coming conflict is going to be particularly traumatic for your psyche.
Harry Stone
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

I'm convinced that all of these bleeding hearts that want humanitarian aid for Gaza don't give a crap that most of it will end up in Hammas' hands. All they care about is that it's "compassionate" and feels good.
And 99% probably don't know that it was the Palestinians that turned down the 2-state system 70 yrs ago.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
JobSecurity said:

Isreal to Biden: "You got your photo-op you old coot, now go home so we can do our thing".
UTExan
The Palestinian Authority is cracking down on protests in the West Bank, shooting a 12 year old girl to death. If the Gaza protests get too much attention, the PLO loses legitimacy. The 12 year old girl's family:

" Translation: "It is with great pride that we mourn our daughter the martyr and child, Razan Attaba Hamidi Nasrallah, who was martyred in defence of religion and in support of our people in Gaza."]
///
Another Palestinian youth, Mohammad Sawafta a first-year university student was also seriously injured by PA fire in the northwestern West Bank city of Tubas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/18/palestinian-authority-cracks-down-on-protests-over-israel-gaza-attacks
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
aggiehawg
AG
Something to keep an eye on in Lebanon and Hezbollah just outside Metula, Israel. Metula is surrounded on three sides by Lebanese territory. From 2013:

Quote:

When we drove to the Mitzpe Benia lookout point at Kibbutz Misgav Am just south of Metula. The area is heavily patrolled, and we were visited by Israeli soldiers in armored vehicles as we were returning to our car.

The Lebanese village of Aadaisse (various other spellings) to the left was the scene in 2010 of the sniper attack by the Lebanese Army on Israeli observers watching the removal of trees beyond the border fence but within the U.N. certified blue line delineating Israeli territory. One Israeli officer was killed.
Quote:

Hadar asked if I noticed anything unusual about this border area of Aadaisse. I looked, but didn't notice anything.

Then she pointed out that there were no windows on the houses and no sign of life (other than a single car we saw drive through at one point).
Quote:

It has been suggested that this is a fake village (or at least, section of a village) constructed by Hezbollah right up to the border. If and when another conflict breaks out, the supposed village will provide Hezbollah not only with firing positions, but many good photo-ops for a gullible media look, the Zionist entity drove the people out and blew out all the windows!
Quote:

This would be consistent with what Hezbollah is doing throughout Southern Lebanon, turning villages and civilian homes into weapons depots and firing positions.
LINK

So, if we see the name Metula and an Israeli "invasion" of a Lebanese village nearby, double check the sources. It could be a fake village.
PJYoung
AG
evan_aggie said:

It is likely this was a stray rocket, but does anyone have info on the hospital destruction itself?
Looks like windows blown out and a fire in their outside courtyard that killed several people and burned up some parked cars.

Not sure anybody inside of the hospital died.

This was 100% a misfired rocket by Hamas or a Hamas aligned group in the barrage that happened just before the explosion.

If Israel was gonna hit this hospital it would've been flattened after giving everybody sufficient notice.
CDUB98
AG
JobSecurity said:

Audionix needs to get it's damn feed back up. It was the best one. That other one out of the UK just sucks.
Psycho Bunny
CDUB98 said:

JobSecurity said:

Audionix needs to get it's damn feed back up. It was the best one. That other one out of the UK just sucks.
Here you go buddy

Broncos
It looks like we have a insurrection protest happening at the Capitol.

Rebel Yell
AG
Houston Lee said:

Ag87H2O said:

Bubblez said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Houston Lee said:

There are rules of war. We and Israel must abide by them. Humanitarian aid is a must. Non-Combatants must be helped if possible. It doesn't matter who they are or which side they support.

Hammas are not abiding by the rules of war and are using our compliance with those rules to hide behind non-combatants. That is unfortunate, but does not allow us or Israel to just throw the rules to the side when it suits us.

Hammas will have to be dealt with within the confines of the rules.

Hammas is not a country. They are a terrorist organization and do not deserve the protections of a traditional war.
The non-combatant citizens living in that area do.
You're being intentionally obtuse. The vast, vast majority of "non-combatant citizens" that live in Gaza cheer when Hamas executes, abuses, or kidnaps Israelis, and they also raise their children to be the next generation of Hamas terrorists.

Most are not the innocent civilians you make them out to be. They live there and exist full well knowing that Hamas could lead them straight into justifiable death, yet they continue to support them and call Gaza home.

Israel needs to do whatever it is they deem necessary to take out the threat to their citizens. Period. They have shown great restraint so far in warning citizens of upcoming bombings and giving them time to leave. They have used pinpoint, precision weaponry to avoid civilian casualties. If "civilians" in Gaza suffer or die for the sins of the barbarians they enable and support, it's a reality of war. They are getting a lot better than what they have dished out to the Israelis.
I don't think anyone is making out the non-combatant civilians to be "innocent". But, if they are not carrying a weapon and/or fighting, they must be treated as a non-combatant. There are rules for treatment of POWs as well.

My first reaction was a desire to wipe them all out and be done with them. Kill them all. But, that is not the rightful course of action. Not every person in Gaza is a terrorist. They may support them, but that does not mean they should be slaughtered.

We support our country. We support our troops. We support our way of life. We teach our children this way of life and love for our country and our ideals. Should our children and other non-military countrymen be slaughtered by our enemies because they might grow up to fight for the USA one day? As a people, we have decided that this line of thinking is wrong.

I want Israel to eliminate all Hammas terrorists or anyone in Gaza that picks up a weapon to kill Israelis. We should not advocate for the slaughter of non-combatants, no matter where or who they are. One day, that non-combatant could be you and your family.

The difference here is that we are dealing with a terrorist state, not a formal military.

If you watch videos of them attacking Israel, most were wearing a regular attire - t-shirts and pants.

Where your plan unravels is that all they would have to do is drop the gun and then *poof* they are an innocent civilian.

Same thing we dealt with in Afghanistan. Same thing we dealt with in Vietnam. The US can hold that very righteous, very unsuccessful approach to war because our populations are out of harms way - a continent away.

Israel does not have that luxury.

Everyone in Gaza was celebrating 9/11. Everyone is Gaza was celebrating the rape, torture and murder of Israeli citizens.

There is no one innocent in Gaza.

Houston Lee
AG
MJ20/20 said:

You may want to sit the next couple months (at a minimum) of this conflict out. The images you have in your mind and/or your understanding of the middle east are so far from reality that the coming conflict is going to be particularly traumatic for your psyche.
Lol!
CDUB98
AG
UTExan said:

The Palestinian Authority is cracking down on protests in the West Bank, shooting a 12 year old girl to death. If the Gaza protests get too much attention, the PLO loses legitimacy. The 12 year old girl's family:

" Translation: "It is with great pride that we mourn our daughter the martyr and child, Razan Attaba Hamidi Nasrallah, who was martyred in defence of religion and in support of our people in Gaza."]

You simply cannot fight this type of mindset with conventional means.

She was shot down by her own gov't and the parents are proud. It's fanatical devotion that follows no logic, laws, or conventions.
CDUB98
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

CDUB98 said:

JobSecurity said:

Here you go buddy

Thanks, last time I looked this morning, they were still not up and running again.
Gigem314
AG
JobSecurity said:

Israeli leaders to Biden...

Forum Troll
AG
Anyone see this video associated with this article with all the ambulances pulling up to the hospital? There's a dude straddling a "victim" performing CPR as others roll the "victim" into the hospital on the gurney. Someone convince me its not a mannequin. Go to about 0:15 in the video.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/massacre-gaza-takes-stock-deadly-105328510.html
Gigem314
AG
DTP02 said:

Pluralizes Everythings said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Dailywire has a good article on her. She's nuts, and I honestly cannot believe she holds the position she does.

There are several thing which are very striking about this issue:

1) that someone in a position of authority thinks "death to Jews" is acceptable to say. But our culture, and especially the leftists in power (political and economic/technological), have ignored this sentiment being repeated ad nauseam, and even tacitly encouraged it by repeating related talking points, so it's emboldened the hate speech and made people believe that it's an acceptable standard.

2) that our DHS is so inefficient and ineffective that they didn't catch the red flags in this woman's background, or

3) that our DHS knew about her background but somehow didn't consider it a red flag

Truly a crazy story that speaks volumes.
And the same people who were willing to believe that Donald Trump was a buddy of Putin and Russian asset are perfectly fine with someone who hates Jews and sympathetic to Palestinian terrorists being a gatekeeper of who comes in and out of our country through the Southern border. Disgusting.
aggiehawg
AG
Yeah, that's a mannequin.
Psycho Bunny
New link for the live feed of Gaza strip

Aggies1322
AG
Forum Troll said:

Anyone see this video associated with this article with all the ambulances pulling up to the hospital? There's a dude straddling a "victim" performing CPR as others roll the "victim" into the hospital on the gurney. Someone convince me its not a mannequin. Go to about 0:15 in the video.

So they staged an emergency reaction to their own failed rocket launch?
aggiehawg
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Forum Troll said:

So they staged an emergency reaction to their own failed rocket launch?
Sure looks like it to me. Like a mass casualty event practice? Only for the cameras to support a narrative?

I posted ealier about fake villages in southern Lebanon. PR fakery.
CDUB98
AG
Forum Troll said:

Very difficult to tell. Looks like it could be a woman wearing hose on her legs. You never get a good shot of arms and head.
infinity ag
TH36 said:

When is the last time "Hearts and Minds" won a war? That worked out well for us in Afghanistan….oh wait.

I totally agree with you that you can't go full on extermination like so many of us have suggested or thought about (this thought passes through my head daily) but, if Hamas cut my babies head off…..I'm going scorched earth and taking as many of their people with me. The Jews believe in a eye for an eye and in this case…I believe it's warranted.

Never.
"Hearts and minds" is for wimpy beta liberals. The world only respects strength. Brute force.
Nothing more nothing else.

TommyBrady
AG
When will the world learn that these groups will lie about anything! They will lie using women and children…they will lie about absolutely anything to support their cause. Thats why nobody wants to take them in because they only bring lies and destruction everywhere they go.
PJYoung
AG
CDUB98 said:

Forum Troll said:

Very difficult to tell. Looks like it could be a woman wearing hose on her legs. You never get a good shot of arms and head.
The next guy looks 100% real so I would guess they're all real.
infinity ag
Have the Islamic sleeper cells in the US been activated yet? Protests will start as a show of strength. As if to say "mess with us and you will pay the price".
aggiehawg
AG
TommyBrady said:

When will the world learn that these groups will lie about anything! They will lie using women and children…they will lie about absolutely anything to support their cause. Thats why nobody wants to take them in because they only bring lies and destruction everywhere they go.
That group includes the NYT, apparently.

Where did that picture come from?
degreedy
AG
CDUB98 said:

Forum Troll said:

what are those two guys in the back of the gurney smiling about? does kinda look suspect....
Line Ate Member
AG
aggiehawg said:

TommyBrady said:

That group includes the NYT, apparently.

Where did that picture come from?
They have been lying since the Holocaust.
samurai_science
samurai_science said:

BTHOB said:

samurai_science said:

Israel will be fine, they are still going to war

They've lost the PR/media war (as predicted). They're not going to do much more than they already are doing.
Mark this
samurai_science
BTHOB said:

samurai_science said:

Israel will be fine, they are still going to war

They've lost the PR/media war (as predicted). They're not going to do much more than they already are doing.
PR has turned
CDUB98
captkirk
AG
BQ78 said:

Quote:

Non-Combatants must be helped if possible.
Where did you make this BS up from? There is nothing like that in the Geneva Convention. You can't target or murder civilians (like Hamas did) but you are not obliged to take care or help them. If they can't get themselves out of a war zone that is on them.
This and "proportionate response" only comes up when it involves Israel
JobSecurity
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.