Israel/Hamas going at it

1,666,871 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cliff.Booth said:

I'm still trying to understand what Hamas wanted to come as a result of this. Other than being evil and having joy from having ended lives and caused misery...what do they stand to gain from this? Did they calculate that internatonal pressure would stop Israel from a massive response? Did Hamas leadership order their fighters to kill and kidnap but not necessarily sanction their more brutal atrocities? I don't get this unless they just wanted to go out in a bang.
Iran didn't want the Saudi Arabia and Israel to sign peace deal. Also i'm sure Russia is pushing Iran to provoke anything they can to distract from Ukraine, esp military support.
Cliff.Booth
They're definitely a proxy force, but they aren't simply a pawn that would agree to a suicidal move. That's what I'm wondering, if they were encouraged to do this, what did they think the outcome would be that made them agree to it?
Raiderjay
wonder what they are hitting in the water.....
fullback44
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

All this this turning into a real mess.

A real big mess.
Extremely huge mess and unfortunately ordinary citizens of men, women, children and the elderly are paying the price, Hamas started this huge mess and now their unfortunate citizens are paying the price for their absolutely stupid choices and the barbaric slaughter of Israeli citizens.

Prob the best scenario would be that the West Bank Palestinian leaders who are mostly at peace with Israel take over the Gaza Strip and Hamas needs to go or be disbanded.. Hamas is not good for those people IMO.

The problem now is that Israel is supper mad and will retaliate until they fill they have dealt with the problems as they should.

Just not good for the regular citizens of both sides.
Fenrir
I think it's likely they don't require much motivation to go kill any amount of Israelis that they can and they don't seem too concerned with the lives of their own people considering they use them as human shields and canon fodder.
BonfireNerd04
I'm normally in favor of free speech, but "Kill the Jews" is beyond just a "dissenting opinion".
Cliff.Booth
Yeah, they've demonstrated that before. But this one seems to have been a step too far. I'm wondering what they were thinking. It just doesn't make any strategic sense.
Not a Bot
AG
Maybe they got conned into doing it because they are a threat to Hezbollah, the Iranian-formed Shia group. They may both hate Israel, but they absolutely hate each other almost as much. Israel takes out another Sunni group with Iran not having to fire a shot.

Iran then gets to say to the Arab world: "Look at those evil Israelis, let's come together as Muslims for peace." They don't want Israel to have peaceful relationships with the stable Arab states.
Rossticus
Cliff.Booth said:

They're definitely a proxy force, but they aren't simply a pawn that would agree to a suicidal move. That's what I'm wondering, if they were encouraged to do this, what did they think the outcome would be that made them agree to it?

I think that they genuinely thought that they'd be the spark to set off the powder keg, and that other Muslim nations would join in against Israel once the IDF went to work in Gaza. They may have even been led to believe this by Iran, Russia, etc. instead, it's looking like they've had the rug pulled out from under them.
AgBQ-00
AG
Their founding documents state their goal and doctrine is to exterminate all Jews worldwide. The chance to slaughter Israelis/Jews is all the strategic impetus they need.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TommyBrady
AG
A-10's were in Europe
Not a Bot
AG
True, maybe they are just dumb enough to do it without as much assistance as they thought they had. Maybe they thought Israel had sent a large portion of their weapons to Ukraine and wouldn't be able to respond. Or maybe their operation went off the rails and was too "successful" for their own good.
Who?mikejones!
Well, the leaders live in Qatar or other Muslim countries in wealth. So, I don't doubt they care little about either their fighters or the Palestinian people.

They knew this attack would force a response from Israel, thereby upsetting all this normalization of relations that have been made since the Abraham accords. It was just last week where articles where being written about a pending agreement between Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Every time one of those deals is struck, it weakens Iran's position. Iran needs there to be bright red lines of allegiances and needs the Israeli foil to justify their behavior.

Add Russia in, who needs chaos, especially with a strong American ally, and you get a seemingly pointless attack by hamas.

I think it's also important that we don't necessarily attempt to justify hamas' action through our lens as I'm not sure we could ever understand.

And, yes, I'm sure they did misread the room a little. They see the usa distracted by Ukraine and having internal spats about oversees military spending/involvement, a weak president, a surge in Palestinian support, the Jewish political establishment in some chaos and thought, nows a good time to have this attack.
Teslag
AG
Robert L. Peters said:

XXXVII said:

CDUB98 said:

Request for STAFF:

While I know I'm one of your favorite bans, can you please instead ban anyone who even remotely tries to goal tend for these monsters.

A lot of us here with children are enraged, and our responses will not be pretty. We're all fed up with Hamas and the goal tenders across the world.

I understand if you look at the request and just shake your head, but I wanted to try.

Should be a permaban at that.

It's always a great idea to ban dissenting opinions.

This is a message board for college sports with close ties to a Texas public University and reflects a large community related to that.

Allowing a platform for support and pro voices for an international terrorist organization is not going to be tolerated, nor should it be.
GarryowenAg
AG
GAC06 said:

P.U.T.U said:

Not sure of the amount of Americans we have in Israel but it is six figures, just one of the reasons we have an embassy there. We 100% have boots on the ground, how many and where is the question.

We already announced publicly we have advisors in Israel. The rest about tons of SOF etc is fantasy.
I'm a field grade officer in the army and have a few friends and associates throughout the SOF community. I'm not going to go into detail due to OPSEC, but your comment on tons of SOF in the area being fantasy is not true.
Cliff.Booth
fullback44 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

All this this turning into a real mess.

A real big mess.

Just not good for the regular citizens of both sides.

How many of Gaza's people are regular citizens? This seems like one of those awful scenarios where people live inside of an intense and hateful echo chamber where the young and the old hold extremely dangerous views and won't stop. Think about how difficult the denazification effort was in postwar Germany and Nazi ideology didn't hold half the spell over average Germans that radical anti-semitism seems to have over the average Gazan. I could be mistaken on that, but I suspect Israel knows there aren't many "middle of the road" Gazans who don't really approve of Hamas.
Fenrir
I think they view the goal of eliminating the Jews as more critical than their own lives and the lives of their family, neighbors, etc. They will 100% sacrifice themselves and anyone else for this goal.
fooz
That last feed posted is popping off!
CDUB98
AG
Robert L. Peters said:

XXXVII said:

CDUB98 said:

Request for STAFF:

While I know I'm one of your favorite bans, can you please instead ban anyone who even remotely tries to goal tend for these monsters.

A lot of us here with children are enraged, and our responses will not be pretty. We're all fed up with Hamas and the goal tenders across the world.

I understand if you look at the request and just shake your head, but I wanted to try.

STAFF, I give you a prime example.

Dissenting on this issue means siding with baby murders, rapists, terrorists.

My response to this would certainly earn me a time out, but I'm trying to hold the line.
Teslag
AG
GarryowenAg said:

GAC06 said:

P.U.T.U said:

Not sure of the amount of Americans we have in Israel but it is six figures, just one of the reasons we have an embassy there. We 100% have boots on the ground, how many and where is the question.

We already announced publicly we have advisors in Israel. The rest about tons of SOF etc is fantasy.
I'm a field grade officer in the army and have a few friends and associates throughout the SOF community. I'm not going to go into detail due to OPSEC, but your comment on tons of SOF in the area being fantasy is not true.

Agreed. I can't imagine it would take much to move those assets in from SOJTF as needed.
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!

Anyone see that building on the feed with a red light get plastered? Looks pretty similar to the one here
TommyBrady
AG
CDUB98
AG
HOLY CRAP!!

Steve is now selling mugs. I want to buy one, but don't what those jackwagons to have any information about me.
Cliff.Booth
Imagine living in Gaza and knowing your downstairs neighbor is a Hamas bigwig.
JaneDoe02
AG
They're selling Steve merchandise

https://store.streamelements.com/audionix
Line Ate Member
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I wish Mossad would pick up Doha and video tape him crying like a little ***** right before dropping him off of a cliff/plane/helicopter.
agdoc2001
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

They're selling Steve merchandise

https://store.streamelements.com/audionix
Awesome.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
GarryowenAg said:

GAC06 said:

P.U.T.U said:

In the area meaning the theater, I believe it. In Israel, I don't.
Slicer97
AG
Robert L. Peters said:

XXXVII said:

CDUB98 said:

Request for STAFF:

Given the topic at hand, this is a really bad take. Having differing opinions on policy is one thing. Having an opinion that people who behead infants or support those that do shouldn't be wiped from the earth is something else.
txags92
AG
GarryowenAg said:

GAC06 said:

P.U.T.U said:

You should not be posting anything about this at all, even to correct others assumptions.
Robert L. Peters
Slicer97 said:

Robert L. Peters said:

XXXVII said:

CDUB98 said:

Request for STAFF:

Given the topic at hand, this is a really bad take. Having differing opinions on policy is one thing. Having an opinion that people who behead infants or support those that do shouldn't be wiped from the earth is something else.

I'm not sure what was posted prior, but I'm not arguing an opinion that people who behead infants should be protected or justified. I'm just saying the DECADES of this issue are very complex and shouldn't be reduced to "kill them all" by someone that has no knowledge of the issues.

Israel will do what they do and I don't oppose it. But I'm not going to get a boner like some of the posters here.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
CDUB98
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Anyone see that building on the feed with a red light get plastered? Looks pretty similar to the one here
That's on Cam 2, right? I see a small dot....and as I type, they moved the camera.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I could be mistaken on that, but I suspect Israel knows there aren't many "middle of the road" Gazans who don't really approve of Hamas.
I wouldn't say that. Israel has granted 20-30 thousand work permits to allow Palestinians from Gaza into Israel each day to go to work.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.