Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,538 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JFABNRGR said:

Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Sadly they were trophies.

I think the atrocities were to provoke an overwhelming response to blow up rapprochement and further radicalize the non-Hamas populous of Gaza. Well that and they wanted to do it anyway.

Previously the going rate was 1 Israeli hostage for 1,000 prisoners. I guess we will see down the road whether there are living hostages, or as you put it dead trophies.
bonfarr
AG
I know there are some on this thread that have experience with armored vehicles and I have some questions from some of the video clips seen in the initial assault.

One clip was of an Israeli soldier getting pulled from a tank and kidnapped or murdered, I'm not sure what eventually happened to him. The terrorists were all on foot and only carrying small arms from what I saw, how does someone with the protection of a tank end up falling to a bunch of guys with automatic rifles? I didn't see any AT weapons. Did the tank run out of fuel ? It seems like as long as the tank was functional you could just drive away or better yet drive over a bunch of Aloha Snackbars and turn them into Fruit Rollups. I saw video of a captured tank taken back to Gaza and assumed it was the same tank and that it was functional enough to drive away so puzzled how the guy was captured.

Also, don't the Israeli police and guard units have MRAPS they can send into areas with gunmen like that? The cops all showed up in Jeeps and standard police vehicles.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What happens when Israel levels the Gaza strip and makes it uninhabitable?

So we've got 2-million residents of the Gaza strip that nobody wants?

Are we looking at an imminent humanitarian disaster?

2-million people evacuated by sea?

2-million people dispersed as refugees throughout the four corners of the earth like the tribes of Israel?

The entirety of Israel made uninhabitable?

How's that gonna work?

I'm just trying to get an idea of everybody's expectations with all this.
Whirligigs
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

in the real world- Jews are not going to commit mass genocide and simply carpet bomb women and children in the Gaza strip
Of course they won't do that, but they will likely turn the city itself into rubble after numerous warnings for the residents to get out. Gaza is likely about to be taken back to the 19th Century.

Israel has to turn gaza to rubble. You have make an example out of this and who is really going to stop Israel from doing otherwise?
GAC06
AG
They did knock out at least one tank that I saw. They don't have the anti tank arsenal that Hezbollah does but they surely have some.
zgolfz85
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rockdoc said:

Every time I see that video of the poor girl in the little SUV with the blood on her pants from being raped, my heart just breaks for her. She's probably dead by now.
Later videos of her face down in the back of a truck with her legs at odd angles, suggest she died that day.

That was a different girl
Whirligigs
Agthatbuilds said:

Won't be any refugees from this escaping to Egypt

Probably because Israel would carpet bomb that place and informed Egypt they would do so. I would - you don't give an obvious out to hide hamas leadership.
Gigem314
AG
Malibu said:

After 9/11 we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, signed an expansive law that took away civil liberties, and 20 years later, apart from killing Bin Laden, I dont think those decisions look very good today.

Israel is reeling and those who did this should be wiped off of the earth. There of course must be an Israeli forced coup in Gaza. But, I hope that in their grief and desire for revenge, they can take Americas lessons learned and play the long game.
That's only a portion of it. The U.S. had numerous opportunities to take out dangerous terrorists in the 90's without invading a single country, and foolishly underestimated what they were capable of. In one instance, we actually pressured Israel into saving a Hamas leader to save face with other countries. We only cared about PR. This recklessness led to 9/11.

Then fast-forward to today, where we've now twice given Iran billions under Obama and Biden. We sympathize with them instead of seeing them for the threat that they are. Our own officials won't even acknowledge that Iran is supporting Hamas.

I don't think Israel will be making those mistakes.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
bonfarr said:

I know there are some on this thread that have experience with armored vehicles and I have some questions from some of the video clips seen in the initial assault.

One clip was of an Israeli soldier getting pulled from a tank and kidnapped or murdered, I'm not sure what eventually happened to him. The terrorists were all on foot and only carrying small arms from what I saw, how does someone with the protection of a tank end up falling to a bunch of guys with automatic rifles? I didn't see any AT weapons. Did the tank run out of fuel ? It seems like as long as the tank was functional you could just drive away or better yet drive over a bunch of Aloha Snackbars and turn them into Fruit Rollups. I saw video of a captured tank taken back to Gaza and assumed it was the same tank and that it was functional enough to drive away so puzzled how the guy was captured.

Also, don't the Israeli police and guard units have MRAPS they can send into areas with gunmen like that? The cops all showed up in Jeeps and standard police vehicles.
I wondered the same thing. Maybe threats to execute hostages unless he surrendered.
Old May Banker
AG
They can always swim to Greece or Italy.
Who?mikejones!
Not a Bot
AG
Egypt does not want new refugees. They have quite a few already from other conflicts. They know the trouble it would cause.
aggiehawg
AG
And just as I was viewing that the loud BOOMs began again on the live feed.
bonfarr
AG
The 2 million people aren't going anywhere, much like Blue Cities in the US and their stance on the undocumented, the neighboring Muslim countries express sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians but they don't want them anywhere near their Country. They would have a huge humanitarian problem needing to house and feed them and the Palestinians have a history of causing trouble wherever they are.

Israel will level a good portion of Gaza in their pursuit of Hamas and lots of people will die from collateral damage, disease, starvation, etc. and then they will rebuild and start the cycle over again but Israel will have bought themselves another 20 or 30 years of safety.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
ABATTBQ11 said:

JobSecurity said:

I'd say Israel is taking it pretty easy. I'd have given them 24 hours to release all hostages and send out hamas fighters and leadership or I'd treat gaza like Nazi Germany.

Should have told them release all the hostages unharmed, and we'll just allow you to die by flamethrower. If you do not, it will be ugly.
AgBQ-00
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

bonfarr said:

I wondered the same thing. Maybe threats to execute hostages unless he surrendered.
He looked dead and broken when they pulled him out. I am assuming some sort of explosive got him and they were desecrating his body.

I believe that the military was running a scaled back staffing due to religious holidays. (I may be wrong about that).
TheGreatEscape
zgolfz85 said:

LMCane said:

Gigem314 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

It's hard for me to truly fathom what some of these Israeli's are dealing with and seeing, because this isn't something many of us over here see. I try to imagine if that was my son who was beheaded, and his body burned. War crimes would be the last thing on my mind as the rage over took me. I imagine this is how all of Israel feels right now. T&P
Horrifying. Pure evil on display. I would want Gaza turned into a giant crater if that were my child...and I wouldn't give two craps about what the international community and limp-wristed U.S. leadership thought about it.
Senator Lindsay Graham was saying this exact same thing on Hannity last night.

while I obviously can understand the sentiment, we have to act in the real world.

in the real world- Jews are not going to commit mass genocide and simply carpet bomb women and children in the Gaza strip

both for moral reasons, what is called "Tohar Ha'Neshek" (purity of arms) and also for realpolitik reasons.

Israel is a very small country the size of New Jersey and dependent on allies. they also dont' want to destroy the peace treaties with Egypt/Jordan/Morocco/UAE/Bahrain and Abu Dhabi

what Israel wants is for the civilians to flee most of Gaza, and then we end it with Hamas one on one.

The problem is that the Hamas terrorists will flee and hide among the civilians like the cowards they are and then wait as long as they have to to regroup and do this **** all over again

Yep
flakrat
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That twitter has been wrong before though so take with a grain of salt
Source:

Well, that certainly cleared it up for me!
TAMUallen
AG
For those watching the live feeds is cam 3 ahead of cam 2 and then cam 2 is ahead of cam 1?

Trying to tell if these are same explosion but just a little bit of lag

Edit to add: there's lots of explosions right now
Not a Bot
AG
Scaled back staffing, cyber attack on early warning alarm systems (coming within a certain distance of the wall sets off an alarm), drone grenades taking out watch towers, multiple simultaneous breaches and they got into the city areas before military and armored police could effectively respond.
Who?mikejones!

Whirligigs
That's a good point too. Basically Hamas is going to be the fodder to see how things shake out.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Ag87H2O said:

"We will wipe Hamas off the Face of the Earth" " "Hamas is an Enemy that needs to be exterminated by all means." - Former-Minister of Defense, Benny Gantz

"Every Hamas operative will die ... we will crush them and get rid of them." - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Throughout all the acts of terror and war from their enemies over the years, I have not ever heard this kind of united resolve from Israel. If any world leader thinks they are going to stop what's coming they are sadly mistaken. Hamas made a major miscalculation in allowing themselves to be the pawns of the Iranians. And if I were in leadership in Iran, I would be sleeping with one eye open because I doubt they'll be imune from what's coming either. It may take time, but the Israelis have a long memory and significant capability.
[url=https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1712206467997004061/photo/1][/url]
Right on. Iran leadership needs to pay a heavy price….as in regime change. The time is now to do it…..and the US and Allies better be right there with the Israelis.
Texas velvet maestro
we need to install another shah?
Who?mikejones!
Gigem314
AG
JimboFFisher said:

Ag87H2O said:

"We will wipe Hamas off the Face of the Earth" " "Hamas is an Enemy that needs to be exterminated by all means." - Former-Minister of Defense, Benny Gantz

"Every Hamas operative will die ... we will crush them and get rid of them." - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Throughout all the acts of terror and war from their enemies over the years, I have not ever heard this kind of united resolve from Israel. If any world leader thinks they are going to stop what's coming they are sadly mistaken. Hamas made a major miscalculation in allowing themselves to be the pawns of the Iranians. And if I were in leadership in Iran, I would be sleeping with one eye open because I doubt they'll be imune from what's coming either. It may take time, but the Israelis have a long memory and significant capability.
[url=https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1712206467997004061/photo/1][/url]
Right on. Iran leadership needs to pay a heavy price….as in regime change. The time is now to do it…..and the US and Allies better be right there with the Israelis.
The U.S. won't be as long as Biden and the anti-Israel Democrats are in charge.

But maybe this is catalyst that gets Israel to handle Iran in the a way the U.S. has failed to do for the past few years.
Who?mikejones!
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/11/1205245159/the-aftermath-in-an-israeli-town-hit-by-rocketfire-and-hamas-fighters

Pretty interesting account of some of the initial battles

Also confirms children's heads were chopped off. That's straight from a Israeli special forces Sargeant
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Why do the democrats have such a hard-on for Iran?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Because they do and believe whatever they're told. They're told to sympathize with its iran because Obama is working on their behalf with vj. And likely many more democrat leaders.
TommyBrady
AG
The U.S. will not admit they know where any hostages are even if they do know the locations.
Stat Monitor Repairman

In hindsight it seems like this wasn't a very effective strategy after all.
Claverack
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Why do the democrats have such a hard-on for Iran?
They will talk all day long about supporting Israel. Yet they cannot acknowledge Iran is behind all of this. The Israelis have acknowledged it. We saw the absolute hesitance of Kirby to mention them in the today's White House presser. We saw the same thing with the POTUS yesterday. He wasn't afraid to mention Hamas. Why did Iran fail to get a mention?

The enemy is Hamas. It is also Iran and it is well past time for this administration to admit to that fact and freeze any and all assets they earmarked to both Iran and Hamas.

txags92
AG
TommyBrady said:

The U.S. will not admit they know where any hostages are even if they do know the locations.
If we did have an idea where they were, the NYT would be writing a story about it tomorrow because nobody in our state department can keep their F-ing mouths shut.
Anti-taxxer
AG
LMCane said:

Question for my Ag brothers-

I see some of the Fox and CNN reports and they are blurring out the videos of the atrocities.

one was the young woman who was kidnapped to Gaza and pulled out of a SUV and covered with blood from being raped.

can the people of the USA understand the depravity of these savages- when they blur out the bodies and the murdered hostages they paraded around in the back of trucks?

I know which video you are referring to. This is one that haunts me days after seeing it. As a woman, I can't imagine the depravity she experienced.

I saw it, unblurred.

Ben Shapiro posted dozens of videos as a part of his show on Monday. On his show, they were uncensored. I would imagine the networks have to blur for the obvious reasons.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Yukon Cornelius said:

Because they do and believe whatever they're told. They're told to sympathize with its iran because Obama is working on their behalf with vj. And likely many more democrat leaders.

I meant democrat politicians.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.