Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,493 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
Psycho Bunny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a Bot said:

Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagr.am/p/CyQmABjLztV

For those who can't follow the link, the guy circled is one of the founders of Hamas and was allegedly sent off to meet his virgins today.
aggiehawg
AG
Can they go through the Suez Canal? Since not carrier sized? I think they can but not sure,
Who?mikejones!
I'm sure someone here can answer that. I dont know
ABATTBQ11
AG
TAMUallen said:

Haven't been watching the live feeds today.

What has the level of missile/bomb strikes been like? The Gaza Strip views certainly look much darker today compared to yesterday.

Well, it's a little flatter.
Crocker91
AG
I don't have time to read 84 pages, but this has been with me since these events started:

"You can't serve papers on a rat, baby sister. You either have to kill him, or leave him alone." There's truth in that statement.
deddog
AG
LMCane said:

I wish you guys could see some of these videos on the live news-

they were interviewing one guy who looks like Jesus

who you can see from the "Ring" home surveillance goes out with an M-4 and takes down 4 terrorists in his kibbutz

Live news where?
like CNN?
Or someplace else?
deddog
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Hope they were home
Hamas isn't stupid, they would have moved their own families to safe houses first.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
aggiehawg said:

Can they go through the Suez Canal? Since not carrier sized? I think they can but not sure,
Yes.

ETA Eisenhower has gone through it.
BBRex
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Pepper Brooks said:

Reiterates a lot of my personal thoughts. There are so many confusing elements of this and what's terrifying is that I don't understand how the global intelligence agencies all missed this. I could see how Mossad could, but not intelligence agencies universally. Part of me thinks they not only stumbled upon it, but that they say on that intelligence rather than letting the Israelis know. Our own government and this administration specifically seems far too complicit and
like they're just virtue signaling as long as they have to, while in honesty they're really sympathetic to the Palestinians.

I agree that these terrorists didn't look all that organized and clearly weren't trained in traditional military tactics and marksmanship, etc, but they did a lot of damage considering the amateurishness of it all. I think that's largely a factor of the pure element of surprise given the religious holiday, the fact that most of these border communities have fairly normal small town type livelihoods, even with their proximity to Gaza, etc.

TL did read!
I can't imagine our intelligence apparatus sitting on this information. They would have had to know how destabilizing this would be. I'm a lot more inclined to believe that they had bits and pieces but didn't really know the scale or exact timing. Or Israel for some reason discounted the information it was given.

I am starting to wonder if Hamas didn't expect to catch Israel this off guard. It's terrible to say, but if the attack had just killed a bunch of Israeli soldiers and a few civilians and netted a few hostages, that would have been within the expectations of the conflict. And Hamas would have been satisfied with that. But the attackers were so successful that they overwhelmed a couple of bases and the police presence, then had more time than expected and went off the reservation with wholesale rape and atrocities. Hamas doesn't have a choice but to pretend it's the goal, but they also realize what this means as far as Israeli response.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. Appreciate it.
BurnetAggie99
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/10/11/marine-unit-leaves-kuwait-exercise-early-because-of-emerging-events/
TAMUallen
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TAMUallen said:

What has the level of missile/bomb strikes been like? The Gaza Strip views certainly look much darker today compared to yesterday.

Haha yea yea but really, has anybody been watching? Have many explosions been occurring today (night for them)?
AggiePetro07
AG
TAMUallen said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

TAMUallen said:

Haha yea yea but really, has anybody been watching? Have many explosions been occurring today (night for them)?
No. Not many this evening or tonight. Mostly outbound stuff that was intercepted by the Iron Dome.
LMCane
"The last line of defense was what we call the orchard gate.

There we stood, armed, some of us in sandals, some in sports shoes. Beyond the hatchery, we saw commercial vehicles out of which armed terrorists were pouring. They were firing at the hatchery.

During the firefight, some of the terrorists headed for the kibbutz.

We ran at them and shot them down. We couldn't let them get near the fence."

"After 90 minutes of fighting by the hatchery, we understood that their ability to get to the kibbutz gate was closer than ever.

One of us took hold of the communications equipment and just repeated over and over, 'Nobody gets into Nir Am!'

At that point, one of the team called the police, who sent border guards to help, enabling the kibbutz fighters to go back to their families."

Citizen Fighters at Kibbutz Nir Am fight off Hamas attacks
MRB10
AG
The cynic in me wonders if the war mongering segments of the global intelligence community let it happen to give justification to additional feeding of the military industrial complex.
TheGreatEscape
Bust out the napalm for tunnels.
Not a Bot
AG
A lot of their key leadership is out of the area entirely.
deddog
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

The cynic in me wonders if the war mongering segments of the global intelligence community let it happen to give justification to additional feeding of the military industrial complex.
Doubt it, in fact, even Hamas is probably shocked at how "successful" their attack was. And are now undoubtedly regretting it.
zgolfz85
AG
deddog said:

Pepper Brooks said:

Doubt it, in fact, even Hamas is probably shocked at how "successful" their attack was. And are now undoubtedly regretting it.
Are they though? I think the Hamas brass views all of their peons as expendable...hell, their religion solidifies their eternal salvation by way of religious martyrdom. so, what do they care?
JFABNRGR
AG
Haji Training.
In my observations of the videos of the attacks, I think the attackers had significant training as compared to previous terrorist operations but what they lack is discipline. Commitment to their cause of killing infidels or jews, including death, they have no problem with, which actually leads to a breakdown in discipline/tactics.

When I get a chance to find the video at one of the Kibbitz; I will attach and revisit. In text, they arrive in a car at the gate and immediately exit splitting up to cover flanks and near side/far side just like an infantry squad should do, but as the lead element breaks into Kibbutz to begin killing, those security elements get excited and do not want to miss out and quickly abandon their posts to achieve their own trophies.

The paragliding training is also not something learned overnight even though that one idiot missed the class on High Power Line Danger Areas.

I haven't seen any one handing shooting except in celebration this go around either.
JobSecurity
AG
zgolfz85
AG
JobSecurity said:

must be bad for business
JW
AG
Escalation? I would say that was already achieved by Hamas.
LMCane
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

In 2023 the first step in any emergency is to sign up for a government app.

State Department Working Group during War

For Americans Needing Assistance in Israel

OMB Control Number: 1405-0259 Exp. Date: 09/30/2026

This form is for U.S. citizens and their eligible family members. Please select the option below that best fits your situation. Providing as much of the requested information as possible will help us to provide the best assistance to you. Please do not submit more than one form per person needing assistance unless that person's contact information has changed. Upon submitting this form, please continue to monitor official U.S. government websites, including travel.state.gov, for updated information.

Assistance Request

Please select the event for which you are contacting the Department of State:

*Select Event
ISRAEL - OCT 2023
Faustus
Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
45-70Ag
AG
JW said:

Yeah, anyone who says Israel escalated things is a total idiot and doesn't have an opinion worth listening to. Hamas beheaded infants but Israel is the aggressor. Clowns.
Rossticus
JobSecurity said:

Isn't it interesting how it's always the country that fights back who's escalating? Very interesting indeed.
TAMUallen
AG
45-70Ag said:

JW said:

Yeah, anyone who says Israel escalated things is a total idiot and doesn't have an opinion worth listening to. Hamas beheaded infants but Israel is the aggressor. Clowns.

MbS can't stand by the Palestinians and then call for peace two days later. It just doesn't work that way.
bonfarr
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Hope they were home

You have to think Mossad has people on the ground staking out lots of addresses right now. They have a list of names and addresses and I doubt they would waste a good missile on an empty house
JW
AG
Maybe they should trade prisoners for hostages. Then bury those prisoners under the rubble of what was Gaza.
Who?mikejones!
LMCane said:

"The last line of defense was what we call the orchard gate.

There we stood, armed, some of us in sandals, some in sports shoes. Beyond the hatchery, we saw commercial vehicles out of which armed terrorists were pouring. They were firing at the hatchery.

During the firefight, some of the terrorists headed for the kibbutz.

We ran at them and shot them down. We couldn't let them get near the fence."

"After 90 minutes of fighting by the hatchery, we understood that their ability to get to the kibbutz gate was closer than ever.

One of us took hold of the communications equipment and just repeated over and over, 'Nobody gets into Nir Am!'

At that point, one of the team called the police, who sent border guards to help, enabling the kibbutz fighters to go back to their families."

Citizen Fighters at Kibbutz Nir Am fight off Hamas attacks

This is a crazy comparison, but it reads a lot like many accounts of Indian raids during texas' early days.

If you think about the commanche raid in Victoria, they raided all the way to the coast and then were wiped out in Lockhart by a responding force of neighbors and militia. And it took a force willing to fight on the same level to wipe them out
ABATTBQ11
AG
Harvard students crawfishing over hamas support

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/harvard-student-groups-withdraw-signatures-controversial-statement-blaming-israel-hamas-attack.amp

Bill Ackman called for their names to be made public so they can be blacklisted, and now all of a sudden they didn't know what they signed on to. Several different group executives have resigned trying to distance themselves from their groups signing on. Other groups are trying to withdraw entirely.

Ackman is right. If they want to attend in solidarity with terrorism, let them show their faces instead of doing it anonymously.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Liberals always ball up and play victim when someone calls them on their ***** They are children in adult bodies.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Well yea. The first one just stole some people and used guns and knives/shovels/hoes

The other is dropping buildings for goodness sakes. That's totally an escalation!
BBRex
AG
I'm not sure there's going to be peace talks anytime soon.

Quote:

In a televised address Wednesday night, Netanyahu detailed atrocities that took place during the attack, including boys and girls bound and shot in the head, people burned alive, women raped and soldiers who were beheaded. "Every Hamas member is a dead man," he said. "We will crush and destroy it."
https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hamas-airstrikes-hostages-e4ae51a640a3fc04b23ea9561703f874
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.