Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,241 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
Joes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

Hezbollah wants none of this because too much world opinion is with Israel right now. hamas ****ed up and basically everyone but Iran is going to turn a blind eye to what's about to happen. Hezbollah wants to fight what the rest of the world will see as a righteous war, not become a party to what much of the world sees as justification for the coming genocide. hamas basically set them back decades in terms of world opinion and international support, which they need and compete with hamas for, and I think they'll be content to watch from the sidelines.

Coming genocide? Man, we're all just guessing the future right now so maybe you're right but to me the posts about genocide/total annihilation and nuclear war are pretty out there, but I guess we'll see.
Who?mikejones!
YouBet said:

Does Israel have much in the way of artillery? Seems like they are much more reliant on missile defense, tanks, air, and ground troops.

What does hamas have? Rpgs, ak, m4s (apparently), rockets. They surely cannot handle a professional military.

Wouldn't most arty be needed on other borders where there might be the space to use it?
Who?mikejones!
The Fall Guy said:

7 Argentinians killed in Isral. Nations are now reporting their dead.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/argentinian-fm-says-7-nationals-killed-in-hamas-assault-in-israel/

I clearly saw the Argentina representing taking a moment of silence for hamas today at the un. Guess she don't care
Joes
FriscoKid said:

I guess this belongs on this thread as an official US response, but this is after the Biden administration gave billions to Iran.

And the dude's asleep. He doesn't even know what's being posted by his face.
TAMUallen
AG
Joes said:

FriscoKid said:

I guess this belongs on this thread as an official US response, but this is after the Biden administration gave billions to Iran.

100%.

That's not Joe Biden posting.
fullback44
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

The Fall Guy said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/argentinian-fm-says-7-nationals-killed-in-hamas-assault-in-israel/

I clearly saw the Argentina representing taking a moment of silence for hamas today at the un. Guess she don't care
Because the Argentina currency is so weak many young Argentina kids in their early 20s work all over the world .. I bet many of them were kids at the rave concert .?
45-70Ag
AG
flashplayer
AG
Im sure that colored lights from the potatus house just warms the hearts of the people of Israel.
GAC06
AG
YouBet said:

Does Israel have much in the way of artillery? Seems like they are much more reliant on missile defense, tanks, air, and ground troops.

Wikipedia says they have about 1000 155mm systems, mostly m109's. They also have MLRS and other artillery rockets.
ABATTBQ11
AG
fullback44 said:

You could have this right … Hamas got in a street brawl with someone much bigger than them.. not sure anyone besides Iran wants to be connected to what just went down

This was strictly strategically ****ing stupid and driven purely by their hatred for Israel. This was isis level monstrosity, and the civilized world isn't going to care what happens from here. When you murder 1000 people and celebrate in the street while murdering even more hostages and broadcasting it to the world, most of the world is going to be ok with you being put down like an animal.
GAC06
AG
TAMUallen said:

Joes said:

FriscoKid said:

100%.

That's not Joe Biden posting.

Well yeah. If only our previous president had handed tweeting off to someone else…
unmade bed
FriscoKid said:

Jews paying the big guy 11%?
Who?mikejones!
ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

You could have this right … Hamas got in a street brawl with someone much bigger than them.. not sure anyone besides Iran wants to be connected to what just went down

This was strictly strategically ****ing stupid and driven purely by their hatred for Israel. This was isis level monstrosity, and the civilized world isn't going to care what happens from here. When you murder 1000 people and celebrate in the street while murdering even more hostages and broadcasting it to the world, most of the world is going to be ok with you being put down like an animal.

Iran used hamas to torpedo a peace deal between Israel and KSA, as well as probably other countries. Relationships were becoming too normalized. That means Iran would be isolated and lose some semblance of control.

Hamas are the useful idots.
JB!98
AG
This is a live stream of Gaza through 4 different cameras. I have already seen 4 bombs dropped in the last 30 mins. Constant drone noise through the microphones. If you are interested.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
jetch17
AG
Call a lid - flick on the lights
Nitro Power
AG
Thanks for this, it was posted earlier but would have taken forever to find it.
2wealfth Man
AG
FriscoKid said:

He's awake?
CDUB98
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

Iran used hamas to torpedo a peace deal between Israel and KSA, as well as probably other countries. Relationships were becoming too normalized. That means Iran would be isolated and lose some semblance of control.

Hamas are the useful idots.
richardag
ABATTBQ11 said:

Hezbollah wants none of this because too much world opinion is with Israel right now. hamas ****ed up and basically everyone but Iran is going to turn a blind eye to what's about to happen. Hezbollah wants to fight what the rest of the world will see as a righteous war, not become a party to what much of the world sees as justification for the coming genocide. hamas basically set them back decades in terms of world opinion and international support, which they need and compete with hamas for, and I think they'll be content to watch from the sidelines.
Hope you are correct
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
ShaggySLC
Agthatbuilds said:

The Fall Guy said:

Not at all, until she's the one being raped, legs broken in half, shot in the back of the head (that girl might have been the lucky one), I bet she fought like crazy, or worst of all burned alive like the other girl was. If you're a woman and not muslim, you're cheering on what could be your own oppression, as well as the oppression being dished out to the women in Islam already. Crazy times.
txags92
AG
The Fall Guy said:

They woke Biden up to tell him that 10 Brazilian citizens had been killed by Hamas and he replied "Is a brazilian more or less than a billion?
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
2wealfth Man said:

FriscoKid said:

He's awake?
No, it's an intern.

He starts sundowning around 1 PM.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
TAMUallen
AG
annie88 said:

2wealfth Man said:

FriscoKid said:

He's awake?
No, it's an intern.

1145am, today.
Commander Gorn
AG
Quote:

Jews paying the big guy 11%?

Underrated
Independence H-D
2wealfth Man said:

FriscoKid said:

He's awake?

Awake and cognizant are two different things right?
fullback44
AG
JB!98 said:

This is a live stream of Gaza through 4 different cameras. I have already seen 4 bombs dropped in the last 30 mins. Constant drone noise through the microphones. If you are interested.
That rooster is crowing like crazy… even the roosters are pissed of at the Hamas leaders
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Teslag said:

Yes. And yes, Israel is more than capable and prepared to fight a multi front war.

Hezbollah likely has the capacity to overwhelm Israel's missile defense and will likely have some real missiles too, not just rockets. What they don't have is any capability to invade Israel. That confrontation would be an intense exchange between Hezbollah rockets and missiles and Israel's Air Force and whatever ground incursions they deem necessary. Lessons learned from 2006 may lead them to forgo ground attacks.
Could you explain? Not up to speed on that one...
HowdyTAMU
AG
I was wondering if I was hearing things.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

YouBet said:

What does hamas have? Rpgs, ak, m4s (apparently), rockets. They surely cannot handle a professional military.

Wouldn't most arty be needed on other borders where there might be the space to use it?

hamas is looking to fight a protracted, asymmetric war that plays to their strengths and has shown to be effective in Vietnam and Afghanistan (twice). They likely wanted to draw Israel in so they could bleed them dry and gain sympathy with a bunch of dead kids and civilians.

They seem to have miscalculated, though, and Israel no longer seems to care about collateral damage. After their isis type videos of their inhuman savagery, much of the rest of the world doesn't either. Israel is probably going to do what the Russians would and just level everything with airstrikes and artillery before sending in tanks and ground troops because they're not ****ing around this time. If Bibi is going to follow through on wiping out hamas for good, and I think he really means it, Israel is about to go scorched earth and not leave enough to make a new hamas.
richardag
annie88 said:

Were the words "unprompted attack" Forbes' or Hamas'

If Hamas' then Forbes should have at minimum clarified. If Forbes' words they reveal a vile and disgusting stance by Forbes.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
one safe place
annie88 said:

2wealfth Man said:

FriscoKid said:

He's awake?
No, it's an intern.

Maybe he won't wake up.
Who?mikejones!
That's an impossible goal when youre defending what's amounts to 141 sq miles, that 7.5 miles wide by 45 miles long. That smaller than austin.

japantiger
S
txags92 said:

Eliminatus said:

FWAppraiser said:

Thousands of troops and a ton of tanks are lining the Gaza border. Israeli ground operations starting soon.

I truly have no idea how this can go.

You have a pending ground movement precipitated basically on hate alone. Worst case scenario is super bleak. Room to room fighting. Fallujah style but with 2 million people instead of a few thousand. The Jews aren't even trying to pretend they are not fueled with vengeance either. Clear out Hamas infrastructure and support sure. But likely just going to kill a bunch of them too as a cherry on top. The problem is it will be close quarters urban combat and that is never a clean affair. Ever. Especially not with the last couple of days.

Israel is about to kill a lot of people. I just don't think they are going to come out "the winners" in the world's eyes. The bar for public opinion on Israel is just so damn high. Especially against professional victims like Palestine.

I don't begrudge them for what is about to happen but damn me if I don't think this is ultimately a lose/lose situation either for them.
Israel is once again fighting a war for the right to exist and live in peace. I don't think they give a single flying F*** whether they win "in the world's eyes" as long as they win in Gaza. I think the gloves are going to be truly off on this round and all the past efforts Israel has made to avoid hurting civilians will be just that…a thing of the past. At this point, there are no non-combatants in Gaza. They have trained their 8 year olds to shoot guns and dream of killing Jews.

I would have called this "Operation Amalekite" if I was the Israelis ... no ambiguity
GAC06
AG
Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Teslag said:

Yes. And yes, Israel is more than capable and prepared to fight a multi front war.

Hezbollah likely has the capacity to overwhelm Israel's missile defense and will likely have some real missiles too, not just rockets. What they don't have is any capability to invade Israel. That confrontation would be an intense exchange between Hezbollah rockets and missiles and Israel's Air Force and whatever ground incursions they deem necessary. Lessons learned from 2006 may lead them to forgo ground attacks.
Could you explain? Not up to speed on that one...

Israel had 50ish tanks damaged or destroyed over about a month. Some to mines but ATGM's were a big problem. I'd expect that trend to continue plus drones unless Hezbollah are idiots and haven't learned from Ukraine.

Hezbollah fired about 4000 rockets at Israel over that month, with a couple hundred in a day at the most. I'd expect them to learn from that as well by firing huge volleys with more advanced missiles mixed in to hit real targets.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.