Israel/Hamas going at it

1,660,777 Views | 9798 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Trigon Jin
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agswin2001 said:

The live feed is getting pretty sporty… Methinks Steve the Chicken might be the advanced warning system for incoming booms

They are going all out on that northern area by the sea. I wonder what is there or what Intel they have. It's not like they hit a couple times, they're hitting the area relentlessly
TwoGloves
AG
Can't even see the new targets going up with all the smoke..
TwoGloves
AG
That fricken rooster called 3 times right before the strike. 1:33am
agswin2001
AG
agswin2001 said:

The live feed is getting pretty sporty… Methinks Steve the Chicken might be the advanced warning system for incoming booms
I could have been wrong. Steve the Chicken could be calling in air strikes…
TAMUallen
AG
agswin2001 said:

agswin2001 said:

Sir, Steve is a rooster. He does not respond well to gender neutral terminology whilr he orders air strikes as an Israeli asset in Gaza
TwoGloves
AG
TAMUallen said:

agswin2001 said:

agswin2001 said:

Sir, Steve is a rooster. He does not respond well to gender neutral terminology whilr he orders air strikes as an Israeli asset in Gaza

Steve needs to get busy. Far too many buildings standing.
TwoGloves
AG
Any idea how many drones are circling? Seems non stop for days..
TAMUallen
AG
TwoGloves said:

Any idea how many drones are circling? Seems non stop for days..

Who knows, it never really stops.
TwoGloves
AG
Also, why are they not dumping rockets as a last ditch effort... are they already defeated and in hiding mode? I fear the ground stage may be brutal.
TAMUallen
AG
Their rockets are worthless against Iron Dome which means they likely have less than what is needed to exhaust it. Shooting rockets then is more of a flare to the Israelis saying, "hey shoot here!"
TwoGloves
AG
Whew buddy, big booms
TAMUallen
AG
TwoGloves said:

Whew buddy, big booms

Biggest I've seen. Has to be an underground Hamas base with munitions, troops, fuel etc because they keep drilling the same spots but have some very strong fires going now
TwoGloves
AG
TAMUallen said:

TwoGloves said:

Whew buddy, big booms

Biggest I've seen. Has to be an underground Hamas base with munitions, troops, fuel etc because they keep drilling the same spots but have some very strong fires going now

Big hit, agreed. Hopefully more to come
TAMUallen
AG
TwoGloves said:

TAMUallen said:

TwoGloves said:

Whew buddy, big booms

Big hit, agreed. Hopefully more to come

They hit it again. That is so much smoke
Whirligigs
Not a Bot said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/then-and-now-in-photos-new-satellite-imagery-from-gaza-city-shows-buildings-destroyed-1.6597238

I know it's hard to tell from above, but many of these buildings are towers.

There are too many buildings still standing.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Dan Carlin said it perfectly in his Supernova in the East series. Something along the lines that those tactics did not come out of nowhere. But they came out of the insanity of the meat grinder that was that war.
I think Israel will be restrained as far as trying to limit casualties to Hamas. But I don't think they will be halting in their mission and will complete it.

I just finished Ep III a few minutes ago. The parallels between the atrocities and actions committed by the Japanese in WWII and Hamas now are strikingly similar.

The imperialist Japanese back then were real m'fers. Nuking their ass after listening to what they did is understandable. Israel doing what they say they are going to do here is understandable.
I would not have stopped with two atomic bombs. As fast as they could have been made, I'd have dropped them on major Japanese cities telling them the atrocities they committed come with a cost.
I have often thought that dropping the first in Tokyo Bay thereby reducing casualties, and then offering Japan the opportunity to surrender, might have been the better oprion. Don't judge me, I am to the right of the Tea Party and have no issue with the decisions made. Just a different perspective.
Though they had firebombed Tokyo, I read the decision to avoid dropping an atomic bomb on Tokyo was they did not want to kill Hirohito and that might have been wise given how things played out.
Re-read. I did not say ON Tokyo.

Would have made no difference, and we put something like 1/4 of the nation's resources into making just the 2 we used and the one we tested. We could not afford to waste one. Dropping the first one on a city didn't seem to convince the Japanese to surrender, so dropping one in the bay probably wouldn't have either. Dropping it on Hiroshima at least killed a lot military personnel and eliminated a lot of production capacity for war equipment in the event the Japanese refused to surrender after the second.
I don't disagree but that did we give them enough time to comprehend? Again, I have no issue with the US decisions. I revere the Greatest Generation. My father was a member.

They had time. Some didn't really believe it. There's a true story of a guy who survived both bombs because was in Hiroshima on a business trip when it was bombed. His boss was angry with him for returning to Nagasaki early and wouldn't believe a single bomb could do what he was saying, despite the guy being covered in bandages and having pretty serious radiation burns. Not long after on that same day the second bomb was dropped while he was in the office and his boss got a lesson in modern nuclear physics. Somehow he survived and made his way to his house. I think his wife she family had gone to the store or something and miraculously survived as well.

And as others have mentioned, there was an attempted coup to stop the emperor's surrender broadcast. The first nuke would never have convinced them, no matter where it was dropped. Even after the second nuke a large faction wanted to keep going even if it meant being nuked into oblivion.

That guy had to be like:

nortex97
AG
It's starting to look prepared enough for the ground operation to roll in though.

NYPD has all cops reporting in uniform tomorrow for the 'day of protest for Hamas' and I definitely would approve of this if we could somehow do this as well;

I wouldn't read too much into the war experts online here. An F-16 using an unguided bomb without any need for evasive maneuvering (no real risk of manpads) can achieve an accuracy of under 10 meters I think using unguided munitions. They don't need guided/expensive weapons/long range or stealth to keep taking down buildings in Gaza:

I hope the Israeli's preclude any Turkish re-supply effort:

CDUB98
AG
TAMUallen said:

That is AWESOME! Took that building right out like a planned demo

Assuming there were bunkers below, it also serves to bury those *******s alive.
CDUB98
AG
Did a couple of you even sleep last night? Good grief.
The Fall Guy
AG
CDUB98 said:

Lol. 3 pages since 10 PM when I went to sleep.

Gave me some good reading this morning
45-70Ag
AG
The Fall Guy
AG
45-70Ag said:

Telling certain parties to stay out of this
MaroonStain
AG
CDUB98 said:

There was a crew keeping tabs on Steve the Rooster's airstrike call outs.
The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/syrian-media-says-israel-hit-aleppo-international-airport-in-addition-to-damascus-airfield/
CDUB98
AG
MaroonStain said:

CDUB98 said:

There was a crew keeping tabs on Steve the Rooster's airstrike call outs.

I noticed that. Steve was busy last night.
TacosaurusRex
The Fife
Quote:

The pro-government Sham FM radio

Interesting name they have for that radio station. I'm surprised the US government hasn't taken it already.
45-70Ag
AG
The Fall Guy said:

45-70Ag said:

Telling certain parties to stay out of this

45-70Ag
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
Issue is with Hezbollah and places like Syria is as long as the leaders stay untouched I don't think much will happen long term. To fight all of their enemies they need to fight on multiple front which they simply don't have the manpower to do with all of the enemies that have gotten involved. I do think Israel will eventually do something similar to Operation Wrath of God (aka Bayonet) and take out key targets within the terrorist organisations and Iran.

It is no secret Iran is using Hamas and Hezbollah as proxies and have for a long time. They know they will lose against Israel or the USA in a direct conflict so they use others to pick at wounds.

Makes you think, several times the USA had missions planned and knew exactly where the top members of Iran were when we were fighting in Iraq. We knew Iran was supplying weapons, tactics (EFPs) and training for people to fight the Americans in Iraq yet we never took out one during the war. I say that since Israel is using a similar tactic as we did in Iraq, bomb the heck out of an area from the sky and then go from door to door clearing the area. Iran had 20 years to study what the west would do in a situation like this. In the end Israel will win but it will cost a lot of lives on both sides. I have not looked up their numbers in a while but Hamas used to have around 20-40k troops, Israel has over ten times that with better weapons.

You can't go on the streets in a war zone and celebrate the deaths of an enemy, shouting death to them, and then act like you are the victim. Hence why you see the media blitz about how many innocents are being killed by Israel. The court of public opinion does dictate tactics for some countries

This is Iraq with different players on the field. Shia Iran using Sunni Hamas to fight their enemy just like they used Sunni Iraqis to fight the USA.
MouthBQ98
AG
CrottyKid said:

Not a Bot said:

I take no pleasure in seeing this and wish it didn't have to be this way.

Well well well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.

They're working really hard to search for and rescue that buried weapons cache.
flashplayer
AG
45-70Ag said:

Translation: Bibi told us to stick it and let the adults handle it.
Desert Fox
AG
Catag94 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Step aside, tw at. This is adult business.

Better yet, go over there!
They must not teach "harboring" and "sympathizing" in Bartender School.
45-70Ag
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
This sounds like artillery bombardment vs incoming bombs/missiles
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 280

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.