Democrat pulls fire alarm to shut govt

11,891 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Ol_Ag_02
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
justcallmeharry said:

But, but, but... It was an accident! Yeah, right. Don't let him near a garbage disposal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jamaal-bowman-pulled-fire-alarm-rcna118230

"This should not go without punishment," McCarthy said. "I'm gonna have a discussion with the Democratic leader about it. But this should not go without punishment. This is an embarrassment."

Bowman's office acknowledged he pulled the alarm, but suggested it was unintentional.

"Congressman Bowman did not realize he would trigger a building alarm as he was rushing to make an urgent vote," the spokesperson said in a statement. "The Congressman regrets any confusion."

Democratic Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., said he has not yet seen the video of the fire alarm being pulled.

"Until I see the video, I have no further comment," he said when asked.

The House Administration Committee is already investigating.

"Rep. Jamal Bowman pulled a fire alarm in Cannon this morning," an account controlled by the Republicans on the committee wrote on X, the website formerly known as Twitter, including spelling the congressman's first name incorrectly. "An investigation into why it was pulled is underway."

If this congressman didn't know pulling a fire alarm would set off a fire alarm, he's too stupid to be in Congress.
Harry Stone
AG
boboguitar said:

Attempting to stall the vote because republicans tried to ram through a 700 page stopgap bill with absolutely no time for anyone to read it.

Just a reminder that the GOP is anti democratic as they can be.

Hell get a fine but choke this up as civil disobedience.

You seem like a pretty miserable person
aggiejayrod
AG
AG81 said:

justcallmeharry said:

But, but, but... It was an accident! Yeah, right. Don't let him near a garbage disposal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jamaal-bowman-pulled-fire-alarm-rcna118230

"This should not go without punishment," McCarthy said. "I'm gonna have a discussion with the Democratic leader about it. But this should not go without punishment. This is an embarrassment."

Bowman's office acknowledged he pulled the alarm, but suggested it was unintentional.

"Congressman Bowman did not realize he would trigger a building alarm as he was rushing to make an urgent vote," the spokesperson said in a statement. "The Congressman regrets any confusion."

Democratic Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., said he has not yet seen the video of the fire alarm being pulled.

"Until I see the video, I have no further comment," he said when asked.

The House Administration Committee is already investigating.

"Rep. Jamal Bowman pulled a fire alarm in Cannon this morning," an account controlled by the Republicans on the committee wrote on X, the website formerly known as Twitter, including spelling the congressman's first name incorrectly. "An investigation into why it was pulled is underway."

If this congressman didn't know pulling a fire alarm would set off a fire alarm, he's too stupid to be in Congress.

No, that's about the bar for most democrats and some republicans in congress
SuhrThang
They will probably name a congressional fire escape in his honor…. Maybe a couple fire extinguishers as well
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
zephyr88
AG
Democrats are petulant children.

Dude was caught red handed. He lied about what he did.

This story will be swept under the rug by Monday.
Trajan88
AG
"Bowman's office acknowledged he pulled the alarm, but suggested it was unintentional."

I / we learned in grade school that fire alarms are off limits unless there was actually a fire, emergency.

This guy thinks fire alarms are just wall decorations?

If the d.c. district attorney had any ethics, he'd charge this loser with a criminal act.

We all know d.c. and ethics do not go hand-in-hand.
Pinche Guero
AG
Liberals are going to need to see more than video proof to confirm this
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

If the d.c. district attorney had any ethics, he'd charge this loser with a criminal act.
The DA is almost assuredly a Democrat, so no, they will not have any ethics.
doubledog
boboguitar said:

Attempting to stall the vote because republicans tried to ram through a 700 page stopgap bill with absolutely no time for anyone to read it.

Pulling the fire alarm is not an attempt to stall, it is a crime.
Just a reminder that the DNC is a criminal organization.
FYI civil disobedience is not obeying a lawful order, not initiating a false alarm.
taxpreparer
AG
BigRobSA said:

Not Funny said:

WTF ****ty camera took that? A potato?

Still apparently better than the security cameras in the whitehouse.
unmade bed
I don't understand how pulling the alarm benefitted democrats. Didn't democrats overwhelmingly support the bill? Why would they want to delay the vote on it? The vote was a big win for GOPe and Dems.
AG81
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

The DA is almost assuredly a Democrat, so no, they will not have any ethics.

It's federal property so it's a federal crime. The local DA won't be involved. That said, The Biden/Garland Justice Department will just turn a blind eye also.
TheEternalPessimist
Agthatbuilds said:

Sedition?

Jamal Bowman is an obstructionist, an insurrectionist, and should be sentenced to 22 years in federal prison.

If you don't agree with that, then you deserve 23 years in prison.

Free Enrique!
Jock 07
AG
boboguitar said:

Why am I not surprised to see you here defending this clear threat to democracy.
Mary Bailey
boboguitar said:

Then vote against it. You don't pull a freakin' fire alarm. Are you being serious right now???
zephyr88
AG
Not Funny said:

But no camera footage of Hunter's cocaine from the White House?
C@LAg
boboguitar
AG
I'm actually amazed that republicans are just fine with ramming 700 page bills that no one can read. Party of limited government indeed.
C@LAg
boboguitar said:

I'm actually amazed that republicans are just fine with ramming 700 page bills that no one can read. Party of limited government indeed.
they learned from your party.

but continue with your false outrage.

Why do you only whinge about this when republicans do it, when the democrats have a long history of doing this time and time again?

One might even use the word hypocrite here.
taxpreparer
AG
boboguitar said:

I almost agree with you on this. They should not be trying to fund the gov't until a budget is passed. No budget, no spending should be the rule.
TheEternalPessimist
Fair criticism.

No bill should ever be larger than 50 pages.

But bills passed by your dog pile of a party are thousands of pages long regularly
Teslag
AG
boboguitar said:

And it would be stopped in the senate or not signed by the president. That's how the process works.

Not by pulling a fire alarm.
Hoyt Ag
AG
boboguitar said:

Where can I find your criticism of Obamacare being passed the same way?
TheEternalPessimist
Boboguitar - you should go cry about it on Reddit. Maybe even on r/CFB
TheEternalPessimist
Hoyt Ag said:

boboguitar said:

Where can I find your criticism of Obamacare being passed the same way?

That was (D)ifferent you bigot. Right Bobo?
Old Army Ghost
boboguitar said:

illegally interfering with official government business becauae you dont like the vote sounds anti democratic
Old Army has gone to hell.
Mary Bailey
boboguitar said:

How many Dems voted for it? Were they forced to vote for it? Is this the same thing Nancy did with Obama Care?
HoustonAg2106
AG
NOTHING will happen
p_bubel
TheEternalPessimist said:

Fair criticism.

No bill should ever be larger than 50 pages.

But bills passed by your dog pile of a party are thousands of pages long regularly

It was 71 pages. Can't expect a Democrat to read that much, I guess.
Claverack
He will be given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Pedophile.

They call this civil disobedience.

If a Republican did it, Garland would be going after max time in prison and the National media would be calling him a domestic terrorist attempting to overthrow the government.

J. Walter Weatherman
boboguitar said:

So now libs have a problem with this?
Azeew
boboguitar said:

I hope they're "undemocratic" as we're a Republic.
heavily intoxtricated
boboguitar said:

Deranged
Sid Farkas
AG
This is just like the Biden impeachment...No evidence. /gaslighting msm.
eric76
AG
For that trick, he should, at the very least, be ejected from Congress. That would take a 2/3 vote so it probably won't happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.