New Mexico Gov Suspends Second Amendment

19,502 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by torrid
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, any day now. We're waiting.

Rapier108
nortex97 said:

Well, any day now. We're waiting.

That's (D)ifferent.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

How insanely stupid do you have to be to think violent murderous criminals will decide to cease fire since you can no longer lawfully carry a gun on your person now. I would wager that 90+% of liberals just blindly support this type of action in every state.

Liberals are unfathomably stupid. Basic logic is their kryptonite.

This may come as a a shock to you, but many of these people- especially those in power- don't actually believe this.

But the sheep do. And they get their power from the sheep.
nortex97
AG

Hilariously correct: "shocked and irritated is all I had for the weekend." "Simple answer, we're not enforcing it." And that's the Albuquerque police chief, whom I have to assume frankly is a democrat.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
zoneag said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

How insanely stupid do you have to be to think violent murderous criminals will decide to cease fire since you can no longer lawfully carry a gun on your person now. I would wager that 90+% of liberals just blindly support this type of action in every state.

Liberals are unfathomably stupid. Basic logic is their kryptonite.

This may come as a a shock to you, but many of these people- especially those in power- don't actually believe this.

Conservatives always make the mistake of laughing at how "stupid" those in power on the left are. They're just evil and don't care if all conservatives do is laugh at their stupidity and hypocrisy because while we're laughing they're winning. Lujan will backpedal from this, but we should make no mistake that this is a trial balloon.

Yep. Slow but sure desensitization.
Fins Up!
AG
She should be arrested and tried for treason. This is what an insurrection looks like, not January 6, 2021. Upon a guilty verdict, she should hang on the capital lawn until the buzzards pick her carcass clean.
nortex97
AG
At least 4 lawsuits have been filed so far.
Get Off My Lawn
InfantryAg said:

Agthatbuilds said:

There should be way more people than that protesting.
These protests make me nervous in that you're one or Ray Epps or antifa member away from having the event play into the left's hands.

I'm not saying I disagree at all - just that the left likes to bait the right, and then use the right's misstep (real or fabricated) as justification for even greater lawfare.

1. Gov issues facially unconstitutional gun ban
2. Gun owners protest
3. Shots fired at protest
4. Gov uses heat of moment to push anti-gun legislation
5. Executive order moot, but leftists gain another few clicks on the societal ratchet regardless
Pinochet
nortex97 said:

At least 4 lawsuits have been filed so far.

As I recall, New Mexico got rid of qualified immunity protection. Hopefully that bankrupts the governor and everyone else who had any involvement in conspiring to violate civil rights. And make no mistake, the local sheriff originally tried to do the "just following orders" bull**** and only said he wouldn't enforce it when he saw that was the popular reaction from both sides.
Rebel Yell
AG
This is a pilot program in a low population state.

If successful, they will try it nationwide.

The pushback should be immediate and unwavering.
Fins Up!
AG
If there is ever a spark for a civil war, this is it.

She should immediately be removed from office, tried, and severely dealt with. She promised an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. She spat on it.

Lawsuits are nothing. She knew that would happen.
torrid
AG
Rebel Yell said:

This is a pilot program in a low population state.

If successful, they will try it nationwide.

The pushback should be immediate and unwavering.
I give a great deal of credence to this. A wide variety of Ds are crying out about the unconstitutionality of it. Not that they are standing up for gun rights, but they fully see it will get in the way of their other efforts to ban guns. A policy so stupid could only come from party hacks currently playing Weekend at Bernie's at the White House.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG

24:53

This needs to be plastered and ran over and over on social media right alongside her order.
fixer
Well this plan of Grisham's own mental turpitude is working as everyone else had predicted…

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/apd-one-man-dead-following-shooting-at-northwest-albuquerque-motel/
CanyonAg77
AG
fixer said:

Well this plan of Grisham's own mental turpitude is working as everyone else had predicted…

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/apd-one-man-dead-following-shooting-at-northwest-albuquerque-motel/

Governor's order didn't ban carrying in hotel rooms. Just on the street.
LMCane
Patriots Unite!!
Ellis Wyatt
She hasn't rescinded her order and she hasn't been arrested.
Fins Up!
AG
The Sheriff should arrest her!
will25u
nortex97
AG
That's a big deal. I'm shocked she hasn't rescinded it yet. She really is a dangerous combination of arrogant and vapor lock stupid.
Catag94
AG
Wow. What a glimmer of hope for our country.
Shoefly!
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Jock 07 said:

Quite telling that the resident libs are avoiding this thread like the plague. They can't even think of a way to argue for this insanity.

Libs, you want me to vote for Trump? Because this is the crap that will push me to vote for that orange a-hole.

Ahahaha, nice!
torrid
AG
Have the state police, the one tasked with enforcing the order, said anything?
J. Walter Weatherman
torrid said:

Have the state police, the one tasked with enforcing the order, said anything?

Thankfully seems like she's on her own crazy island on this one.

https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque-guns-governor-concealed-carry-firearms-reject-ec5e8d57abc15687dd1b39d8cc197d96

Quote:

"It's unconstitutional, so there's no way we can enforce that order," Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said during a news conference. "This ban does nothing to curb gun violence."

LMCane
Even leftists can't defend Queen Michele I of New Mexico:

In a letter to Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM) regarding four impending lawsuit cases, Torrez shared the same sentiments from Democratic and Republican lawmakers and law enforcement, saying the ban violates the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

"Though I recognize my statutory obligation as New Mexico's chief legal officer to defend state officials when they are sued in their official capacity, my duty to uphold and defend the constitutional rights of every citizen takes precedence," Torrez wrote. "Simply put, I do not believe that the Emergency Order will have any meaningful impact on public safety but, more importantly, I do not believe it passes constitutional muster." …

"While I understand that frustration may have led you to undertake a unilateral approach to addressing the heart-wrenching challenge of gun violence in our community, I urge you to reconsider this course of action," Torrez wrote.
agsalaska
AG
I respect the fact the the Democrats are calling BS on this as well. That's good and they should.

But again if they were truly serious about 'protecting the constitution' and 'saving Democracy' she would already be impeached.
Scruffy
AG
This will go to the courts.
A judge will rule in favor of "stopping the emergency" upholding the ban.

Then all leftists will say "see", this is the right thing to do and a judge said it's legal.
schmellba99
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

InfantryAg said:

Agthatbuilds said:

There should be way more people than that protesting.
These protests make me nervous in that you're one or Ray Epps or antifa member away from having the event play into the left's hands.

I'm not saying I disagree at all - just that the left likes to bait the right, and then use the right's misstep (real or fabricated) as justification for even greater lawfare.

1. Gov issues facially unconstitutional gun ban
2. Gun owners protest
3. Shots fired at protest
4. Gov uses heat of moment to push anti-gun legislation
5. Executive order moot, but leftists gain another few clicks on the societal ratchet regardless
So you are worried about something that might happen, but hasn't actually happened?
schmellba99
AG
Scruffy said:

This will go to the courts.
A judge will rule in favor of "stopping the emergency" upholding the ban.

Then all leftists will say "see", this is the right thing to do and a judge said it's legal.
And then it will go higher up the chain where it will be stricken down. Just subsitute habeus corpus instead of 2A, how far would that go?

Executives dont' have the authority to arbitrarily decide they can suspend rights. Any judge that would say this is acceptable should be tossed from the bench and tarred and feathered.
will25u
Catag94
AG
will25u said:

Great. As it should. Now it's impeachment time!
Fins Up!
AG
She needs to be arrested and tried.
torrid
AG
Why did it take almost a week?
Pinochet

I can't tell if that dumb **** is doubling down or if she's now going with the tried and true "it started a conversation" bull*****
Who?mikejones!
Pinochet said:

I can't tell if that dumb **** is doubling down or if she's now going with the tried and true "it started a conversation" bull*****

Going with the "at least it started a conversation" line of reasoning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.