Colony Ridge

8,707 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by one safe place
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

It is unbelievable that our government allows an illegal immigrant settlement(especially one of that size) to even exist.
I spotted the error
Fight! Fight! Fight!
one safe place
Abbott pounds his chest nearly every day about what Texas is doing at the border, but then takes over a million from a guy developing a city for illegals with substandard infrastructure.
JSKolache
AG
Those colonias combined are like 3x-4x the size of Kingwood. Its the largest "master planned" community in Texas (and by extension the US.) Seems legit. 100%.
Tex100
AG
Ttt
TxTarpon
one safe place said:

Abbott pounds his chest nearly every day about what Texas is doing at the border, but then takes over a million from a guy developing a city for illegals with substandard infrastructure.
Yep
Full spectrum control as Alex Jones would say.

If we had leadership, then this place would find itself besieged by Conservatives like that "Cop City" in Atlanta was by ANTIFA.

Cops should turn a blind eye.
cbr
AG
Check out all the political connections

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-09-19/developer-builds-60-square-mile-illegal-alien-colony-texas
txaggieacct85
AG
TxTarpon

Quote:

Malone Mitchell now owns the old FLDS compound in Schleicher County. He bought it from the government. His son in law has a military training operation out there for NATO countries to train at, just like on the Longfellow Ranch he owns around Terrell/Pecos Counties.
That is another one.
We should have surrounded that place when Warren Jeffs bought it.
Forty men could have met his suburban on the road, informing him that molesters are not welcome in Texas and he needed to leave. Those women above 18 were also witnesses in fact to the child abuse and many should have been locked up too.
The landowner who sold it to that perv needed his/her face on a billboard.

Sell to pervs, ChiComs and criminals?
Get outed as a traitor to Texas.
TxTarpon
How about bus all those people at the border to here?
sanangelo
AG
one safe place said:

sonnysixkiller said:

Does anyone have more info on this nightmare two locals named John Harris and Trey Harris own Colony Ridge and have given large donations to Greg Abbott and Morgan Luttrell???????
Trey Harris was a boxer, a middleweight I think. He is probably kin to Roy Harris (both are from Cut N Shoot) and Roy fought Floyd Patterson for the heavyweight title, and I think he also fought Sonny Liston. I think both Roy and Trey became attorneys.

This whole fiasco needs to have some sunlight shone on it. I have my doubts that will happen though due to the people involved.
The Daily Wire reported at the bottom of its latest Colony Ridge piece:

Quote:

Abbott's office has not publicly addressed the $1.4 million in contributions that the governor's campaign received from [John] Harris or the additional $100,000 that his campaign received from his wife Celeste Harris, whose occupation is listed as "Colony Ridge."
Source: Daily Wire
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
TxTarpon
Michael Berry is interviewing Todd Bensman who wrote a book called: Overrun: How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in U.S. History

He is saying this place is like "Little Fallujah" on the weekend.
ICE refuses to go in.

[url=https://www.currentrevolt.com/p/district-9-texas-boogaloo][/url]
Quote:

Is a Big Abbott Donor Running an Illegal Alien Colony?
How do we have a Governor in Greg Abbott who claims to hate illegal immigration, claims he is going to stop it, yet we have illegal alien city-states popping up with reviews on Google? The most likely explanation is hiding in plain sightthe owner of Colony Ridge is an Abbott megadonor.

William Harris gave $1.4 MILLION to Abbott in recent years while his colony exploded.

DPS took down Warren Jeff's pedo utopia.
Wheels should declare an emergency and send in the NG to this place and bus all those there to Nueva York and Los Angeles.
BCG Disciple
AG
Zoned to Cleveland ISD. Went from 3a to 6a in 6 years with a boom town number of portable school buildings.

Quite possibly the worst 6a team ever fielded. I watched them play College Park (mediocre 6a team) last week and it was 35-0 half way through the 1st quarter and 63-3 at the half. I did not hear a single non Hispanic name called.

Absolute administrative nightmare. Not sure how to run a school district in that kind of environment.
dreyOO
I'd be fine with wheels being forced to resign over this. What a traitor.
rilloaggie
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2023/12/20/feds-sue-colony-ridge-developer-accusing-it-of-preying-on-latino-homebuyers/

Feds suing the developer
atmtws
AG
I've read the comments in the twitter/facebook posts about this story today. There were many people posting that they bought land there, and got screwed and was scared to do anything and lost it. Then others were saying that their land was not what they were promised (bad drainage, one place never dried out, literal swamp). I'd love to see a class action brought against this guy and have it expose every corrupt politician involved all the way up to Roll Whorn.
Wildmen06
AG
This place sounds like the predatory loans from "The Jungle"
one safe place
I've mentioned before that I used to do tax work for similar situations to Colony Ridge (except this was long ago, the lots less expensive, the buyers were not illegal aliens). But the financial premise was the same. The lots were seller financed on contracts for deed. The "developers" would buy a hundred acres or two, put in dirt roads (mostly), sell the lots for $1,700 to $2,500 or so, with like $25 down, a $30 to $35 monthly payment, ten-year note, 10% interest. I called them "river bottom subdivisions." At some point, the county would take over the roads and have to upgrade them. They eventually put a stop to that.

The first return I did, I asked that under those terms, don't you take a lot of the properties back? He said yes, and they hoped they took all of them back. He said some had been sold and taken back and resold a half-dozen times. Often, with so little money up front, people would buy two to six lots that adjoined each other, eventually letting all but one or two go back. I asked how that panned out with all the legal and court costs and he said there aren't any, other than a certified letter. If someone got behind, they sent a letter giving the buyer 30 days to cure the shortfall, if they didn't, they lost the property.

I will never forget him saying "one thing about it, interest works for you even while you are sleeping." Which is true!

And with Colony Ridge, there are a lot of payoffs being made. Abbott is on the take, some state legislators have benefitted financially as well (likely more than is already publicly known), I suspect some at the county level have their snout in the trough too, relatives getting high dollar contracts and then making campaign contributions, and law enforcement is turning a blind eye.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.