Trump campaign works with the left to take out rivals

15,582 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ts5641
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well that clears that up. Is customary to use complete sentences to try and make your point. What did you find humorous about my post?
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

This is not just "out-campaigning". This is an outright stated goal of permanent destruction. We are constantly told on this board that we should not be disparaging Trump when we point out his shortcomings, because he might be the nominee. There is 1 person in this race who is out to destroy conservatives. Again, I get sick of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
Look it is obvious who the "DeSantis Disciples" are on this forum. Just go to the Ron v Trump thread. Many posters are tired of everything being twisted as a this is Trump's fault. If there was better discipline on bringing up topics that are actually critical and done not in a "wake up you still rednecks who probably don't have indoor plumbing tone" which is most common then you would get traction.

But as I pointed out months ago when we were getting the daily Twitter feed of Aggie93's Ron's fanboy threads, it just becomes meh.

So you are ok with Trump spending more time with Loomer than in Iowa and Loomer working with the worst Leftist on Twitter to destroy DeSantis. She also mentions others are involved and thinks it's great. This is a woman that said Casey faked her cancer and Ron killed his sister.

Sorry but this is way out of bounds. I am boggled anyone can defend this. Deflect away but this is on Trumps team to explain.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

You realize there is a thread at the top of the page entitled "Trump=toughest SOB Alive", right?
And for some reason a thread started a couple of days ago with a Trump haiku? There are some specific Trump narratives running around here that seem to be based on no evidence. That seems important to bring up the evidence to the contrary.
What is that thread about? Seriously, pause and think what is that thread about. That thread has nothing about DeSantis (until the disciples show up).

That thread reflects the sentiment that I hear every day. People are scared. People are worried about the fate of our democracy. I know you are fixated on 2020, but some people see Trump as a fighter and capable of winning. Creating a thread that shares that hope and gets some applause is why Trump is successful. Many people see him as someone they can hope in. Not because he is their ideal man, but because he is going to fight for them. He is going to fight because he has EVERY INCENTIVE to fight.

The DeSantis Disciples don't realize (honest ones) they are actually arguing first to tear down people's hope (in Trump) and then expect Trump supporters to then switch to DeSantis. When you attack people's hope you attack the core of a person. Basic behavioral psychology.

Your thread is a hit piece on Trump. Extremely ineffective messaging. You should be looking at how you can prove DeSantis will be a fighter and be successful. If people can't buy that then DeSantis won't win the primary which is good because he wouldn't win the general election. If he can make that case then he can win the primary and then can win the general.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I have it on good authority that people on this thread are actively trying to take down Trump so that DeSantis can win. The nerve of these people.
aggieforester05
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

aggieforester05 said:

I really wish all of this childish infighting between Team Trump and Team DeSantis would stop. Campaign for the primary based on your policy positions and then no matter the outcome everyone right of chairman Mao should galvanize around the Republican candidate to get the corrupt Democrats out of the captains chair. We can't take another four years of this crap and a divided conservative base is going to hand the election to a corrupt dementia addled puppet for the globalists.

That would be nice, but the MSM has been so loud against Trump that the spineless Republicans found a candidate that would make all the loud noises go away. Or so they think. If RDS was elected, they would still be impeaching the R in the white house, they would have daily conspiracies about pee pee tapes and overpowering secret service agents.

I can't believe how gullible people are. Especially for a "pax" they will not get.
Of course that will still happen, RDS will be Hitler 3.0, that should be no surprise to anyone. Regardless conservatives need to come together and support the nominee in the general or this country is even more screwed than it already is. It would be nice if the primary was decided based on issues instead of mudslinging. I despise the media, democrat, and Rhino treatment of Trump as much as anyone, but his relentless attacks on DeSantis have only made things worse. We should all be united around the goal of getting Pedo Pete and his merry band of degenerate **** stain Democrats out of office.
texagbeliever
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

This is not just "out-campaigning". This is an outright stated goal of permanent destruction. We are constantly told on this board that we should not be disparaging Trump when we point out his shortcomings, because he might be the nominee. There is 1 person in this race who is out to destroy conservatives. Again, I get sick of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
Look it is obvious who the "DeSantis Disciples" are on this forum. Just go to the Ron v Trump thread. Many posters are tired of everything being twisted as a this is Trump's fault. If there was better discipline on bringing up topics that are actually critical and done not in a "wake up you still rednecks who probably don't have indoor plumbing tone" which is most common then you would get traction.

But as I pointed out months ago when we were getting the daily Twitter feed of Aggie93's Ron's fanboy threads, it just becomes meh.

So you are ok with Trump spending more time with Loomer than in Iowa and Loomer working with the worst Leftist on Twitter to destroy DeSantis. She also mentions others are involved and thinks it's great. This is a woman that said Casey faked her cancer and Ron killed his sister.

Sorry but this is way out of bounds. I am boggled anyone can defend this. Deflect away but this is on Trumps team to explain.
I am betting that Trump's campaign team is way smarter than I am about how to win the Republican primary and set him up to win the general. You get so hung up on stupid insults. Get thicker skin. If the story is dumb then you laugh at her (loomer) and move on. You don't fake outrage this is the worst thing ever post about it.
Phatbob
AG
Gigem314 said:

Phatbob said:

It's not permanent destruction. It's petty politics. I didn't care for Trump going after Ted Cruz in 2016 either...this is the equivalent of that. People shouldn't be surprised by this.

Permanent destruction is what you see the Dems attempting to by putting Trump in prison.
Look, I understand politics is a dirty game and you say things during a campaign that are just to win. But when the person who I'm supposed to be pissed off that he is being destroyed is also trying to destroy other conservatives, my "give a shyte" capacity goes down. Why would I support someone who is trying to destroy conservatives just because he has an R next to his name?
Gigem314
AG
Phatbob said:

Gigem314 said:

Phatbob said:

It's not permanent destruction. It's petty politics. I didn't care for Trump going after Ted Cruz in 2016 either...this is the equivalent of that. People shouldn't be surprised by this.

Permanent destruction is what you see the Dems attempting to by putting Trump in prison.
Look, I understand politics is a dirty game and you say things during a campaign that are just to win. But when the person who I'm supposed to be pissed off that he is being destroyed is also trying to destroy other conservatives, my "give a shyte" capacity goes down. Why would I support someone who is trying to destroy conservatives just because he has an R next to his name?
Again, you're misrepresenting what's happening. Trump isn't trying to put DeSantis in jail. Trump isn't trying to remove DeSantis from his current office. Trump is trying to attack the image of DeSantis so he can win the nomination. Huge difference from 'destroying' someone...or destroying conservatives as a whole. It's child's play compared to what Christie is trying to do to Trump.

You want to see real destruction of conservatives? See what the Democrats are doing. See what the establishment Republicans are doing by wagging their finger at conservative voters, telling us to temper our expectations, and pushing for us to go back to the way things were in the party prior to 2016.
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

I am betting that Trump's campaign team is way smarter than I am about how to win the Republican primary and set him up to win the general. You get so hung up on stupid insults. Get thicker skin. If the story is dumb then you laugh at her (loomer) and move on. You don't fake outrage this is the worst thing ever post about it.

So if DeSantis was coordinating with the Democrats to lie about Trump in order to take him down you would be cool with that? Got it. Btw this is how you get people to go NeverTrump
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
texagbeliever
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

So if DeSantis was coordinating with the Democrats to lie about Trump in order to take him down you would be cool with that? Got it. Btw this is how you get people to go NeverTrump
People like you? I would bet I could take a poll and not 5% of people would know who Loomer is. Probably less than 1% heard the insult. Again mountain out of mole hills.
BoydCrowder13
texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

People like you? I would bet I could take a poll and not 5% of people would know who Loomer is. Probably less than 1% heard the insult. Again mountain out of mole hills.

She has 500K follower on Twitter. She has half that a few months ago. Trump legitimizing her has greatly enhanced her platform and spread her crazy.
Phatbob
AG
You tell me, who does Trump see as his enemies? Because he keeps telling us himself who his enemies are, and they include conservatives, a lot of them. I get you want revenge on the left because they are corrupt, but the words and actions coming from Trump himself tell me he's not much better. I'm sorry you can't admit what he keeps telling us on a daily basis, but sometimes the enemy of your enemy is NOT your friend.
texagbeliever
BoydCrowder13 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

She has 500K follower on Twitter. She has half that a few months ago. Trump legitimizing her has greatly enhanced her platform and spread her crazy.
so less than 0.25% of the voting population. Great counter, i guess?
Gigem314
AG
Phatbob said:

You tell me, who does Trump see as his enemies? Because he keeps telling us himself who his enemies are, and they include conservatives, a lot of them. I get you want revenge on the left because they are corrupt, but the words and actions coming from Trump himself tell me he's not much better. I'm sorry you can't admit what he keeps telling us on a daily basis, but sometimes the enemy of your enemy is NOT your friend.
I'm sorry you can't see the difference between petty politics and actual destruction of things that conservatives value because your hatred of Trump outweighs your ability to reason.
lb3
AG
Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

This is just how politics works. When I worked with various campaigns, I used Democrat operatives all the time to help help shape the narrative on primary opponents.

Was your goal to make sure your primary opponents could never win, even if they won the primary?
No, but luckily in the 10 years I worked with campaigns I never had an opposing primary candidate get the party bid.

Politics is pretty incestious with campaign staffers taking committee jobs or other government staff positions between cycles to get benefits and then resigning and going on COBRA during campaign season. Basically all the senior campaign staffers and consultants knew each other from working for or against each other earlier in their careers.

We wouldn't pull out the daggers against every opposing candidate. There are actually unwritten rules about what's out of bounds and what's fair game. Those that broke the rules would never work in politics again.

Sometimes we would just clown on the other campaigns like defacing wiki pages as soon as their staff walked out the door to go attend an event. One of the funniest things we did was after one of our printers noticed that an opposing candidate photoshopped his head on a slimmer man's body. We got that going viral before social media was really a thing.

When there was campaign news to disseminate about polls or fundraising within our campaign, the campaign manager would go chat with the media on background or off the record. But if we had personal dirt on a candidate, the campaigns almost never pushed it. Instead guys like me who weren't on campaign payrolls would get the gossip mills churning.

I had Democrat friends who were really talented campaigners and had contacts with liberal bloggers, etc. One knew a writer on the Colbert Show and we exchanged stories all the time during the primaries. But once the general elections started we wouldn't speak.

In general the daggers were reserved for those that didn't follow the unwritten rules and kill shots were for racists, adulterers, wife-beaters, and drug addicts. The goal was that they not only didn't get the party bid, but that they never ran for office in the GOP again.
Ag with kids
AG
aggieforester05 said:

I really wish all of this childish infighting between Team Trump and Team DeSantis would stop. Campaign for the primary based on your policy positions and then no matter the outcome everyone right of chairman Mao should galvanize around the Republican candidate to get the corrupt Democrats out of the captains chair. We can't take another four years of this crap and a divided conservative base is going to hand the election to a corrupt dementia addled puppet for the globalists.
Reagan's 11th Commandment...

Quote:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

If you damage your opponent badly in the primaries and then lose, your opponent is now damaged for the general election.

Don't let friendly fire be the reason Democrats win the election...
Ag with kids
AG
cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

And naturally, you believe him
They don't just quote him, they quote the Trump camp as well.
The member of Trumps camp that doesn't have a name?

I think she has a name:

So this photo means she is part of his camp?
Keller6Ag91
AG
Phatbob said:

This was posted in the R vs D thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread.
[url=https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/17/ron-filipkowski-desantis-trump-00110950][/url]
Politico

Quote:

Online, Filipkowski, a former Republican now devoted to trolling the GOP, is a different person altogether. He is a social media obsessive or savant, or both sharing an endless stream of photos, videos, political dirt and, at times, biting political commentary with the roughly 750,000 followers he has on X, sometimes blowing up a politician's comment or gaffe with attention. "The thing that I think is so unique about Ron's work is that he surfaces a lot of clips and photos that aren't things you can find by just watching cable news or YouTube streams," said Aaron Rupar (follower count: 884.7k), a liberal-leaning journalist known for quickly clipping political videos that go viral on X. "He's great at dredging things up from deeper social media sources that take a lot of work to find."

During the 2022 midterm election, he shared a video of Pennsylvania Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz talking about preparing a crudit platter that went viral and underscored voter concerns that the wealthy TV physician was out of touch. During the same cycle, he picked up on then-Senate candidate J.D. Vance telling Steve Bannon's War Room podcast he didn't "care what happens to Ukraine one way or another," a moment that previewed the shift in how Republicans view foreign conflicts. Days later, Vance's campaign issued a statement clarifying his comments. And earlier this year, when 2024 GOP presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis lashed out at a reporter during a trip to Jerusalem over a question about his time serving at Guantanamo Bay as a Navy lawyer, Filipkowski posted a clipped video of the moment that now has over 3.8 million views.

His tweets have sparked cable news segments and online battles with political operatives. Journalists have alerts turned on to catch the latest photo or obscure right-wing event he has uncovered. Even the campaigns he covers and political figures he loathes have warmed to him and even teamed up with him. Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

"I'm probably the top anti-DeSantis person on Twitter. So if [rivals] have something anti-DeSantis that they want to get into the mainstream, they'll send it to me," Filipkowski said, without disclosing the name of anyone on the Trump campaign he's worked with. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

Loomer said they speak occasionally. "He knows I'm a Trump loyalist, and I know he doesn't like Trump, and despite our differences, we have found common ground on making sure Ron DeSantis is never elected president of the United States, ever."
Does that sound like someone interested in making sure that the Democrats are not elected no matter what, or like someone who only cares about 1 thing... Trump.

If true, this plays straight into the perception of Trump - a "win at all cost" mentality that proves him to be the ultimate narcassist that he is.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee. I'm probably about as excited about that prospect as I was voting for McCain though but I will vote for a scumbag over a socialist

So now you are saying it's ok because most people won't know what Trump is doing and who he is working with? Great.

My point is not everyone is as ignorant as you claim. You wonder why Trump lost in those close races. Well doing crap like this doesn't help. The funniest thing is Trumps big message yesterday was DeSantis needs to drop out so we can "unify". At some point when you keep screwing people over and lying to them they get tired of it.

Ronald Reagan
texagbeliever
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee. I'm probably about as excited about that prospect as I was voting for McCain though but I will vote for a scumbag over a socialist

So now you are saying it's ok because most people won't know what Trump is doing and who he is working with? Great.

My point is not everyone is as ignorant as you claim. You wonder why Trump lost in those close races. Well doing crap like this doesn't help. The funniest thing is Trumps big message yesterday was DeSantis needs to drop out so we can "unify". At some point when you keep screwing people over and lying to them they get tired of it.
Look the goal is to win. Do things to win.

I'm not mad at all about DeSantis campaign. I think he is setting up great ground work for '28. He is also going to be a bigger name. Trump and DeSantis are campaigning for 2 different camps within the same party. Let them stay apart and create drama and intrigue. There will be several months to rally around the winner.
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

You do understand that people like me don't follow her but she see her retweeted everywhere. Also this is a Politico article which is one of the biggest political sites out there. Arguing that it's a tree falling in the woods is a joke

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
Gigem314 said:

Phatbob said:

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between petty politics and actual destruction of things that conservatives value because your hatred of Trump outweighs your ability to reason.
And I'm sorry you can't see that those conservative values are indeed being attacked by both the left and this big government NY businessman.

Look, I want to be able to support Trump. If he was just an ass, and that is it, I'd still be willing to look past it. But he has crossed too many lines and worse, he is not good at this. What is important to me is the conservative principles that hold the country together, despite the constant battering it receives . I can't see a future for those principles being upheld while he is still in politics. It makes the left and the right focus on how to mistreat or defend an a-hole that really deserves neither the mistreatment nor the defending, all while the principles get thrown out the window.
texagbeliever
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

You do understand that people like me don't follow her but she see her retweeted everywhere. Also this is a Politico article which is one of the biggest political sites out there. Arguing that it's a tree falling in the woods is a joke
Your twitter feed is representative of probably less than 1% of the population. Most American's aren't consuming 100s of Republican tweets a day. They do fun things instead.
Phatbob
AG
lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

This is just how politics works. When I worked with various campaigns, I used Democrat operatives all the time to help help shape the narrative on primary opponents.

Was your goal to make sure your primary opponents could never win, even if they won the primary?
No, but luckily in the 10 years I worked with campaigns I never had an opposing primary candidate get the party bid.

Politics is pretty incestious with campaign staffers taking committee jobs or other government staff positions between cycles to get benefits and then resigning and going on COBRA during campaign season. Basically all the senior campaign staffers and consultants knew each other from working for or against each other earlier in their careers.

We wouldn't pull out the daggers against every opposing candidate. There are actually unwritten rules about what's out of bounds and what's fair game. Those that broke the rules would never work in politics again.

Sometimes we would just clown on the other campaigns like defacing wiki pages as soon as their staff walked out the door to go attend an event. One of the funniest things we did was after one of our printers noticed that an opposing candidate photoshopped his head on a slimmer man's body. We got that going viral before social media was really a thing.

When there was campaign news to disseminate about polls or fundraising within our campaign, the campaign manager would go chat with the media on background or off the record. But if we had personal dirt on a candidate, the campaigns almost never pushed it. Instead guys like me who weren't on campaign payrolls would get the gossip mills churning.

I had Democrat friends who were really talented campaigners and had contacts with liberal bloggers, etc. One knew a writer on the Colbert Show and we exchanged stories all the time during the primaries. But once the general elections started we wouldn't speak.

In general the daggers were reserved for those that didn't follow the unwritten rules and kill shots were for racists, adulterers, wife-beaters, and drug addicts. The goal was that they not only didn't get the party bid, but that they never ran for office in the GOP again.
That is what I understand of normal politics. But what that tells me is that this is not normal politics. Trump's brand of "conservatism" has little to do with any furthering of ideas, but of a "Trump Tower" of politics... cutthroat to anyone outside of himself.
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

That is what I understand of normal politics. But what that tells me is that this is not normal politics. Trump's brand of "conservatism" has little to do with any furthering of ideas, but of a "Trump Tower" of politics... cutthroat to anyone outside of himself.
What is your hot take on DeSantis' new add attacking Trump's stamina? Is that wrong?

Note I don't care about the ad. I prefer Trump to have to handle these questions, NOW, during the primary. If it is an issue with voters then it will be successful for DeSantis. If it isn't effective than it will not be a weakness for Trump in the general. See that is why it is good to have primaries be a bit dirty, it helps air out dirt and make it old news.
BMX Bandit

J. Walter Weatherman
Funky Winkerbean said:

Isn't taking down your opponent the objective during an election? Yes. You guys will believe anything to paint anyone in opposition to DeSantis in a negative light.

Oh wait…

Does it get tiring constantly having to defend the increasingly insane things Trump and his band of lunatics do? You understand none of this was "politics as usual" before Trump came around right?
LMCane
Laura Loomer is a crazy loon conspiracist who is a disgusting human being on so many levels.

It's telling that Trump surrounds himself with her, Bannon, Raheem Kassem, Roger Stone, Jason Miller

all arrested, accused, found guilty of various venal activities.
Rapier108
Loomer is a BSC ***** who would fly a fully loaded 747 passenger jet into a building if Trump told her to do it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
texagbeliever
BMX Bandit said:

Gee lets look at the message.

Ron is a hardcore true republican. Pro: gets rid of bad parts. Con: is less appealing to moderates.
Trump is a moderate republican. Pro: more palpable platform for moderates. Con: is less appealing to conservatives.

The two are currently courting and growing their bases. DeSantis is rallying the conservative (Cruz in 2016 base). Trump is rallying the moderate rural support. They will eventually sync up. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO SYNC UP NOW.
BMX Bandit
Chick Fil a has a new sandwich coming out. first in 9 years

Any other info that has nothing to do with Loomer, Flipowski and point of this thread?
texagbeliever
BMX Bandit said:

Chick Fil a has a new sandwich coming out. first in 9 years

Any other info that has nothing to do with Loomer, Flipowski and point of this thread?
Um cool? If you can't grasp how the concept of campaign strategies to grow different bases in preparation for the general is a good thing then maybe post less on this topic.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

lb3 said:

Phatbob said:

What is your hot take on DeSantis' new add attacking Trump's stamina? Is that wrong?

Note I don't care about the ad. I prefer Trump to have to handle these questions, NOW, during the primary. If it is an issue with voters then it will be successful for DeSantis. If it isn't effective than it will not be a weakness for Trump in the general. See that is why it is good to have primaries be a bit dirty, it helps air out dirt and make it old news.
If you want to point out real questions that are legitimate and should be worked out in a primary, I am fine with it. I don't begrudge even the slight bending of the truth that always happens with every campaign. But if there is a purposeful pushing of outright lies with the express purpose of permanently destroying the opponent (a "fellow"conservative), that is what I have a problem with. I expect that from the left, they live in a world built on lies, but I expect more reality based decisions from the right.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
texagbeliever said:

BMX Bandit said:

Gee lets look at the message.

Ron is a hardcore true republican. Pro: gets rid of bad parts. Con: is less appealing to moderates.
Trump is a moderate republican. Pro: more palpable platform for moderates. Con: is less appealing to conservatives.

The two are currently courting and growing their bases. DeSantis is rallying the conservative (Cruz in 2016 base). Trump is rallying the moderate rural support. They will eventually sync up. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO SYNC UP NOW.

That's a great narrative not remotely grounded in reality. You don't turn a purple state red by 20 points without appealing to moderates.
BMX Bandit
You apparently can't grasp that teaming up with democrats to constantly lie and attack from left is a bad strategy for republicans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.