Two members of Congress telling a Christian to delete a Twitter post glorifying Jesus

13,499 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nanomachines son
Nanomachines son
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mary Bailey said:

Not really. He's just panicking because the reaction was strong and completely one-sided. He meant exactly what he posted.

Exactly, he got Ratio'ed hard and now he's backpedaling.
StandUpforAmerica
Mary Bailey said:

Not really. He's just panicking because the reaction was strong and completely one-sided. He meant exactly what he posted.
Maybe...but even being shamed into doing the right thing isn't all bad.
TexasAggie_02
AG
BonfireNerd04
She has the right to say that.

Just as a Jew has the write to say that worshiping a human being as God is idolatry.
One Louder
AG

Mary Bailey
StandUpforAmerica said:

Mary Bailey said:

Maybe...but even being shamed into doing the right thing isn't all bad.
He didn't do the right thing! Read is tweet again.
Rapier108
Except Omar only cares because she can take a shot at a Republican.

Omar has no love for Christianity or Jews.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BaileyAg
AG
As a conservative Christian who's also a Republican...
The Republican party does not speak for me or my beliefs on a number of things.
They're just the best alternative at this time.
YouBet
AG
I don't know Max Miller but he's apparently a dumbass. His original tweet doesn't get any more direct yet he didn't intend to say that? And be's not going to run from it but he's just going to hand wave it away?

He simply should have owned it and said he went too far, apologize and leave it at that.
BonfireNerd04
BaileyAg said:

As a conservative Christian who's also a Republican...
The Republican party does not speak for me or my beliefs on a number of things.
They're just the best alternative at this time.
Yeah, that's the problem with a rigid two-party system: You have to chose the lesser of two evils.

I don't always agree with the Republicans, but the Democrats' failure to accept such basic truths as "men and women are biologically different" and "thieves and murderers need to be punished" guarantees that I'll keep voting against them.
techno-ag
AG
Praise the Lord. This would have had a different outcome under the old Twitter.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

geoag58
AG
Rapier108 said:

Except Omar only cares because she can take a shot at a Republican.

Omar has no love for Christianity or Jews.

Maybe she hates Jews more than she hates Christians.
txaggieacct85
AG
Actually one is a state rep, but Max Miller is a US rep and he's getting hammered on social media
ts5641
yawny06 said:

I was looking for the tweet that was so offensive…pretty much what any Bible believing Christian would say.

Guess freedom of religion and speech doesn't apply unless it passes the litmus test.

Do those dolts go around looking for Muslims tweeting about Allah? Morons.

We've been so conditioned to attack Christianity and to know there will be no repercussions. Not in a million years would he respond with the word bigoted to that racist POS muslim from Minnesota if she tweeted about allah. He'd know that was the end of his career. Instead the left and many from the right will think there's nothing wrong with what he did.
Logos Stick
So this Lizzie person is some rando that posted this and the congressman attacked her? Odd.

Is his career done?
BMX Bandit
She's apparently a big player in Ohio GOP politics, so well known in those circles.

Nanomachines son
Logos Stick said:

So this Lizzie person is some rando that posted this and the congressman attacked her? Odd.

Is his career done?

Not unknown in Ohio politics but still it's really odd for that guy to basically torpedo himself like this over a completely innocuous tweet especially when his constituents are mostly Christians. It's not like the guy is from NYC or something, he's from Ohio.
BadMoonRisin
AG
What a loser. Out of all the tweets on that sewer of social media platform THAT one is the "most bigoted"?

Get a life.
Four Seasons Landscaping
The irony of this kind of cliched outrage over evangelism is that if somebody is actually a Christian, the truly evil thing for them to do would be for them NOT to try to convert you.
Dies Irae
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

The irony of this kind of cliched outrage over evangelism is that if somebody is actually a Christian, the truly evil thing for them to do would be for them NOT to try to convert you.
Amen, "Religious Tolerance" is not a Christian virtue. "Go and make disciples of all nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit" is our commission.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

"Religious freedom in the United States applies to every religion."

Am I missing something? Is this not true, per the vision of the founding fathers?

Yes. He told her to delete her tweet (kinda goes against the freedom of religion he's so proud of).
Rapier108
Actually Jesus would be very much in favor of freedom of religion.

He never once tried to force people to follow him; it was always a choice and it still is today.

He would never be in favor of Christianity being like Islam, which is convert or die.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Dies Irae
Rapier108 said:

He never once tried to force people to follow him; it was always a choice and it still is today.

He would never be in favor of Christianity being like Islam, which is convert or die.

You are high. He said "I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

The Good Shepherd does not let the single sheep wander around aimlessly and say "you're good, just do you" he leaves the 99 to bring the 1 back into the Fold.

AGC
AG
Rapier108 said:

So what happens when He comes back?
Bird Poo
AG
Another RINO taking kickbacks from Israel exposed.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dies Irae said:

Rapier108 said:

You are high. He said "I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

The Good Shepherd does not let the single sheep wander around aimlessly and say "you're good, just do you" he leaves the 99 to bring the 1 back into the Fold.

He said "I am the way, the Truth and the Life," but he never said follow me or die. Like Rapier said, "It's a choice," to follow or not. Jesus gave people miracles and the word of God, but whether they made the choice to believe in and accept him was up to them. Forced faith isn't faith at all.
txaggieacct85
AG
Well I know its because she hate Jews, but I actually agree with Ilhan Omar on this one.

GOP's Matt Miller, Ilhan Omar clash over 'bigoted' Christian post: 'You have gone too far' (msn.com)
Dies Irae
ABATTBQ11 said:

Dies Irae said:

Rapier108 said:

He said "I am the way, the Truth and the Life," but he never said follow me or die. Like Rapier said, "It's a choice," to follow or not. Jesus gave people miracles and the word of God, but whether they made the choice to believe in and accept him was up to them. Forced faith isn't faith at all.

It's even worse than follow him or die. It's follow him or risk damnation.

Does the Good Shepherd allow the lost sheep to roam? Or does he bring them back to the flock?
AGC
AG
Dies Irae said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Dies Irae said:

Rapier108 said:

Does the Good Shepherd allow the lost sheep to roam? Or does he bring them back to the flock?

Probably not the thread to point out the incomplete theology that views Jesus' time on earth as the fullness of His person rather than including everything before and after. That would take a lot of posts.
Rapier108
AGC said:

Rapier108 said:

So what happens when He comes back?
That's a completely different discussion.
Dies Irae
AGC said:

Dies Irae said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Dies Irae said:

Rapier108 said:

Probably not the thread to point out the incomplete theology that views Jesus' time on earth as the fullness of His person rather than including everything before and after. That would take a lot of posts.
OK, so in the Beginning was God the Father, there was also the Son of God, he shows up a few places in the Old Testament but mainly in the new Testament as Jesus. They both tag team to pour forth the Holy Spirit, it may seem like this is a process but it actually happened all outside of time and they're co-eternal. Now it's going to get a little complicated as we go on so stop me if you have questions......
BG Knocc Out
Dies Irae
Seriously how does anyone reconcile "Jesus would be very much in favor of freedom of religion" with "God desires all men to be saved".

Jesus says he's the Way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through him, and desires that all men will be saved; but he's a fierce proponent of people not believing in him and going to hell?
BG Knocc Out
"One of the most bigoted tweets I have ever seen"??? LOL what a f-ing p***y. Also looks like he's on about 60mg of adderall here...

Jews acting like a persecuted minority in this country is hilarious.
BG Knocc Out
Mary Bailey said:

Weinstein deleted his. Coward.

The internet is forever, Casey.
LOL

No words.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.