Now Open Air Prostitution Brothels in New York City

15,064 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AGC
Ags4DaWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Banned said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Prostitution should be legal.

What is the difference, other than a few hours, between finding a guy on a dating site, having dinner he pays for, and having sex after and a guy finding a chick willing to have sex for money?

We'll, that's a completely voluntary act on the part of the female, choosing to go on the "date". Prostitution often involves the trafficking of or coercion of the female (or male) to become prostitutes in the first place. I'm sure that some people enter into that profession voluntarily, but I'm guessing that most of them don't.

Trafficking is not the same thing.

Many women are willing to have sex for money to pay the rent.

There are studies showing how a large amount of women have their situations exploited into selling themselves or are flat out trafficked. If prostitution was truly just women choosing a profession they thought they would enjoy/prosper with, fine. But a woman selling her body to "pay the rent" is indicative of societal rot. That should never have to happen and that woman is extremely likely to be taken advantage of

That happens more frequently when and where sex work is outlawed.

There is less demand for trafficked individuals when sex work is done without being restricted by the law and the women can control who they take as clients and who they charge.

It is no worse than Only Fans.
dude95
AG
Lived in Sydney in the 90s. Red light district was right outside the city - had quite a nightlife that wasn't all about drugs and prostitution. Personally got drunk at multiple clubs around Kings Cross without turning the corner into the red-light street. I wouldn't say it was 100% safe, but I would say it was safer than a lot of places I've gone out in Houston. Definitely safer than what downtown Houston was at night at the same time just trying to get home from my corporate job.

Regulated prostitution means that the girls get tested for STDs and there are rules. There is enough of a police presence that they don't have to worry about pimps and sex trafficking is not as prevalent. I'm not saying there isn't trafficking - it just means that police go after those guys and not the registered girls at the Cross.

Why do we have to spend the money on jails for something that is legal in every situation except for exchanging money for????
Athanasius
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

This is such an evil comment.

The law is a teacher.
dixichkn
AG
Logos Stick said:

I look forward to the continued degeneracy and collapse of NYC and Cali. I'm rooting for it in fact.
As long as I'm footing the bill for their BS, I don't. I get your point though. If I were 100% removed and disengaged from it I'd say let em rot.
mjschiller
AG
RoadkillBBQ - satan agrees
LMCane
deddog said:

LMCane said:

there will come a time soon when even democrats can't take their societies getting ripped apart

it's happening in Oakland CA this week with residents literally stating they would take up guns to defend their neighborhoods if the politicians don't stop the illegals and the crime.
you has a link?

there are others I saw on the Twitters from last week the young men were talking about taking up arms
TxTarpon
LMCane said:

One benefit of millions of illegal aliens and no police

Good thing we are now turning into a Third World Banana Republic like Guatemala
NYC brothels have been there for hundreds of years.
Ain't new.

Manhattan Madam Kristin Davis

Notorious New York City brothels: 'Manhattan Madam' Kristin Davis supplied hookers for clients including Eliot Spitzer
Kvetch
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

What is the difference, other than a few hours, between finding a guy on a dating site, having dinner he pays for, and having sex after and a guy finding a chick willing to have sex for money?

We'll, that's a completely voluntary act on the part of the female, choosing to go on the "date". Prostitution often involves the trafficking of or coercion of the female (or male) to become prostitutes in the first place. I'm sure that some people enter into that profession voluntarily, but I'm guessing that most of them don't.

Many people are willing to murder for hire too. Many people choose euthanasia. Many people choose to do heroin. Many people choose to be homeless bums. Many people choose speed with reckless abandon. Many people choose to drink and drive. Do/should we allow those?

Sometimes things are just ****ing wrong. Libertarians and liberals are a joke when it comes to morality. Consent doesn't mean right. We don't live in a bubble and you're not an atomized individual. Your actions impact society writ large whether you like it or not. Society has a right to say "no, you can't do that. It's bad for you and it's bad for society."

This type of liberalism is why we are a relativist cesspool. It neuters conservatism to the point that there is nothing to conserve. Consent is not God, and you don't have the right to do whatever you want. Grow up.

Who is physically hurt in consensual adult sex between adults who want it?

Depends on the situation. Could proliferate STDs. Could result in a pregnancy. Could contribute to human trafficking.

Who is hurt in a situation where a guy does heroin and just sits there? Should heroin be legal? Who is hurt in a situation where someone drinks and drives without crashing? Should drinking and driving be legal until you have actually caused physical harm to others? Or should we be allowed say that some things are wrong for both the user and society writ large?

Believe it or not, people have the ability to consent to things that are bad for them. If you want a functional society that isn't just full of degenerates, you need to identify the worst actions and outlaw them.
dude95
AG
Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Many people are willing to murder for hire too. Many people choose euthanasia. Many people choose to do heroin. Many people choose to be homeless bums. Many people choose speed with reckless abandon. Many people choose to drink and drive. Do/should we allow those?

Sometimes things are just ****ing wrong. Libertarians and liberals are a joke when it comes to morality. Consent doesn't mean right. We don't live in a bubble and you're not an atomized individual. Your actions impact society writ large whether you like it or not. Society has a right to say "no, you can't do that. It's bad for you and it's bad for society."

This type of liberalism is why we are a relativist cesspool. It neuters conservatism to the point that there is nothing to conserve. Consent is not God, and you don't have the right to do whatever you want. Grow up.

Depends on the situation. Could proliferate STDs. Could result in a pregnancy. Could contribute to human trafficking.

Who is hurt in a situation where a guy does heroin and just sits there? Should heroin be legal? Who is hurt in a situation where someone drinks and drives without crashing? Should drinking and driving be legal until you have actually caused physical harm to others? Or should we be allowed say that some things are wrong for both the user and society writ large?

Believe it or not, people have the ability to consent to things that are bad for them. If you want a functional society that isn't just full of degenerates, you need to identify the worst actions and outlaw them.
Picking up girls at a bar proliferate STDs and results in pregnancy. Regulated prostitution decreases human trafficking from current levels.

We already have the highest prison population in the world per capita - just behind China in total numbers. I hate my tax dollars paying for that. Regulate it to be safer. Tax it to pay for the regulations. Keep Johns and prostitutes out of prison and save my tax dollars.

Same reason that weed should be legal nationwide. 40% of drug arrests were for weed. With young people, you are taking someone who might have had a future and now he's a felon. Once a felon - hard to get a decent job and hard to stay out of prison. Self fulfilling prophesy criminals will always be criminals when every job has a background check.

Stop paying for private prison profits and push a different direction.
Ags4DaWin
Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Prostitutes can't make money if they have STD's. Word gets out and they lose clients.

Because they are in a high risk work environment they take a crazy amount of precautions- at least the mid to high end one's do.

And this is why legalization is important.

Sexual promiscuity where no money changed hands is what leads to STD outbreaks because the two people are drunk and wanting to just get their rocks off and don't use protection at all.

Not so with prostitution.

With prostitution one person has a heavy economic incentive to stay clean.

With all ur other examples, the illegal behavior carries a very high risk of endangering innocent bystanders.

Not so with prostitution.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

I look at Amsterdam (1st world country) and don't see how legalized prostitution is a terrible thing. So many of the problems associated with prostitution stem from it being illegal. The women don't need pimps and can call the police if there is a problem, same as any other person.
The Banned
Ags4DaWin said:

The Banned said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

There are studies showing how a large amount of women have their situations exploited into selling themselves or are flat out trafficked. If prostitution was truly just women choosing a profession they thought they would enjoy/prosper with, fine. But a woman selling her body to "pay the rent" is indicative of societal rot. That should never have to happen and that woman is extremely likely to be taken advantage of

There is less demand for trafficked individuals when sex work is done without being restricted by the law and the women can control who they take as clients and who they charge.

This is not true. Go look at trafficking rates in European countries with and without legal prostitution. It's much easier to make money off of a trafficked person where it's legal because you're not constantly in fear of the law. And you have to remember that "trafficked" isn't just people chained up in some back room. It's vulnerable people/runaways that are convinced that this is the only way they can make it through life. They get addicted to drugs or live in fear of total destitution should they ever leave the industry. Some fear violence from their pimps. Much easier to put these women to work out in the open than in back alleys

https://endsexualexploitation.org/articles/eu-report-legalized-prostitution-higher-rates-of-trafficking/#:~:text=This%20makes%20countries%20who%20take,than%20under%20a%20prohibition%20one."
93MarineHorn
How do you record a "trafficking" stat in countries where it's legal? Serious question. How do you know when a legal prostitute is being trafficked?
LOYAL AG
AG
Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Couple of things. Why do so many people conflate banning a behavior with stopping it? Those aren't in any way related. See the subject of this thread. It's comes across as naive. Second you responded about consensual sex for money with trafficking which by definition isn't consensual sex for money.

My point is be logically consistent and have ideas that might actually work. Bans don't. That's indisputable. Not sure we are going to like the answer from a moral perspective but sometimes freedom isn't pretty. Legislation to control behavior is guaranteed to fail so what's the goal here? To improve society or enact bans because it makes us feel good?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
The Banned
93MarineHorn said:

How do you record a "trafficking" stat in countries where it's legal? Serious question. How do you know when a legal prostitute is being trafficked?

Greta question. I am taking for granted their research methods, so maybe there is an issue there. The reason I believe it is because of the stories of sexual exploitation here in the states. The vast majority of cases aren't "Taken" style. It's runaways and poor women that think are taken advantage of and trapped into a lifestyle
Ags4DaWin
The Banned said:

Ags4DaWin said:

The Banned said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

This is not true. Go look at trafficking rates in European countries with and without legal prostitution. It's much easier to make money off of a trafficked person where it's legal because you're not constantly in fear of the law. And you have to remember that "trafficked" isn't just people chained up in some back room. It's vulnerable people/runaways that are convinced that this is the only way they can make it through life. They get addicted to drugs or live in fear of total destitution should they ever leave the industry.

I know this goes against the official trafficking narrative because I have taken the mandatory trafficking education courses, but the above to me is not someone who is being trafficked UNLESS they are underage.

They are letting themselves be manipulated yes. Trafficked Though? I just can't bring myself to see it.
LarryElder
get out of here with puritan BS..if an adult woman wants sell her body for money she should be able to..We allow women to kill babes in the womb but dont' allow prostitution?

how does that make sense if its "her body"
The Banned
Ags4DaWin said:

The Banned said:

Ags4DaWin said:

The Banned said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

This is not true. Go look at trafficking rates in European countries with and without legal prostitution. It's much easier to make money off of a trafficked person where it's legal because you're not constantly in fear of the law. And you have to remember that "trafficked" isn't just people chained up in some back room. It's vulnerable people/runaways that are convinced that this is the only way they can make it through life. They get addicted to drugs or live in fear of total destitution should they ever leave the industry.

I know this goes against the official trafficking narrative because I have taken the mandatory trafficking education courses, but the above to me is not someone who is being trafficked UNLESS they are underage.

They are letting themselves be manipulated yes. Trafficked Though? I just can't bring myself to see it.

Seeing as the majority of these types start underage or very close to the age of consent, they should still fall under your definition of trafficking. Either way they feel trapped into the lifestyle. They aren't staying in it because they enjoy it or feel fulfilled. The idea of a "grown woman making the choice to sell her body" is in the minority of cases. While I would still say that it has no place in society, I wouldn't necessarily criminalize that. I would be ok with towns/counties decriminalizing it so at least it's a NIMBY issue.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Greta question. I am taking for granted their research methods, so maybe there is an issue there. The reason I believe it is because of the stories of sexual exploitation here in the states. The vast majority of cases aren't "Taken" style. It's runaways and poor women that think are taken advantage of and trapped into a lifestyle
Ok, but the women in the US don't have the protection of law enforcement. There is a criminal enterprise that exists because it is illegal, and it "recruits" vulnerable young women and then they can be trapped by pimps that will intimidate them into staying. I don't think anything like that exists in Amsterdam.
RoadkillBBQ
shindig89 said:

Brother, You have given over to the utter depravity of mankind with no higher calling to a life of greater purpose.

I hope you have a daughter some day.

You cannot police the morality of mankind. It simply does not work.
Prohibition was a great example. The WOD is another. Gambling, Prostitution etc.
When you choose to do so all you do is create a black market industry which is more harmful.

And my 2 adult daughters are both married, raising families and have successful careers. Neither have ever been arrested, they don't do drugs and neither one of them drink much truthfully. I don't know why my opinion on mankind's morality or lack of makes you think I would be incapable of raising a daughter. And guess what……I've never patronized a prostitute. Not even in Vegas where some damn good looking ones have approached me. But I do drink and gamble. Guess my girls got lucky.
Stat Monitor Repairman
LarryElder said:

get out of here with puritan BS..if an adult woman wants sell her body for money she should be able to..We allow women to kill babes in the womb but dont' allow prostitution?

how does that make sense if its "her body"

You make a good point in that the most dangerous jobs in the world are male dominated and its not even close.

Working these types of labor intensive jobs is in fact selling your body for money.

For example, as soon as you start work as a commercial fisherman, logger, truck driver or construction worker; you on the clock as far as long term injuries to the body and advanced degradation of the body do to the physical nature of the work.

So my question is,

Why do women allow the inequity of men having the opportunity to sell their body by way of physical labor, but it's illegal for women to sell their body?

This policy doesn't sound that equitable or inclusive?

In the age of DEI, why is there no discussion of this glaring issue?

Is this the patriarchy at work?
The Banned
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Ok, but the women in the US don't have the protection of law enforcement. There is a criminal enterprise that exists because it is illegal, and it "recruits" vulnerable young women and then they can be trapped by pimps that will intimidate them into staying. I don't think anything like that exists in Amsterdam.

https://nltimes.nl/2022/10/18/netherlands-among-worst-nations-human-trafficking-number-reports-declining

This can be confirmed by other sources if you'd like. It does admit that much of this trafficking is for labor relation purposes, but still a large rate of sexual exploitation cases comparative to its neighbors.

It's just the way the free market works. If something is legal, it can make a profit. If you can find cheaper labor, your margins are higher. It's less risky to bring your cheap labor to places where the work is legal, rather than having to operate in the dark corners of societies that have criminalized the type of work.

I know you can't ever stop it, but it shouldn't be encouraged either.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

This can be confirmed by other sources if you'd like. It does admit that much of this trafficking is for labor relation purposes, but still a large rate of sexual exploitation cases comparative to its neighbors.

It's just the way the free market works. If something is legal, it can make a profit. If you can find cheaper labor, your margins are higher. It's less risky to bring your cheap labor to places where the work is legal, rather than having to operate in the dark corners of societies that have criminalized the type of work.

I see your point. I can see "pimps" importing young women into NL for prostitution. They could keep them isolated and intimidated.
SuhrThang
Start spreading the news…..
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
Ag with kids
AG
Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

What if we just want to bang and not exchange money for it?
The Banned
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

I see your point. I can see "pimps" importing young women into NL for prostitution. They could keep them isolated and intimidated.

Yep. It's the **** end of the free market. Someone somewhere is going to cut corners, and we all have to come to grips with that. I just Have a visceral reaction to this particular "competitive advantage".
JSKolache
AG
zephyr88 said:

Interesting blend of legality.

Are there no hookers in Greenland?
Kvetch
AG
Ag with kids said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Then that's your own poor decision. Difference is that industries that are built on exploitation don't result from it.

I think we can use prudence when applying morality-based laws. Outlawing sex work is practically easy and good for society. Outlawing extramarital relations all together is difficult and has too many disruptive consequences.

Don't let the perfect get in the way of the good. There is no moral case to be made for prostitution. It is not good for the parties involved nor for society writ large.
BudFox7
There is always something exchanged for sex. Always. Who cares what the medium is. Conservatives have this moral relativism mindset that reeks of low IQ
TxTarpon
BudFox7 said:

There is always something exchanged for sex. Always. Who cares what the medium is. Conservatives have this moral relativism mindset that reeks of low IQ

It was all pretty open air in Texas
Kvetch
AG
BudFox7 said:

You think conservatives are the moral relativists? Not sure you should be throwing out the phrase low IQ.
LOYAL AG
AG
Kvetch said:

Ag with kids said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Outlawing sex work is practically easy and good for society.

I'm going to ask again since your didn't respond the first time. Why do you conflate banning something with getting rid of it? It's extremely obvious the two aren't the same and really aren't even closely related. Prostitution is illegal in Texas yet available all over Houston, Dallas, etc. Anywhere there's an Asian Massage place there's prostitution.

Bans don't do really anything to stop the activity being banned so what's the goal here? Is it to take steps to change how a segment of society is treated or to pass a ban that makes us feel good but accomplishes nothing? It's a genuine question the religious right likes to ignore because it's uncomfortable to admit you don't have a plan to actually solve the problem. Given that this is the worlds oldest profession maybe there's not a solution.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Kvetch
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Kvetch said:

Ag with kids said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Outlawing sex work is practically easy and good for society.

I'm going to ask again since your didn't respond the first time. Why do you conflate banning something with getting rid of it? It's extremely obvious the two aren't the same and really aren't even closely related. Prostitution is illegal in Texas yet available all over Houston, Dallas, etc. Anywhere there's an Asian Massage place there's prostitution.

Bans don't do really anything to stop the activity being banned so what's the goal here? Is it to take steps to change how a segment of society is treated or to pass a ban that makes us feel good but accomplishes nothing? It's a genuine question the religious right likes to ignore because it's uncomfortable to admit you don't have a plan to actually solve the problem. Given that this is the worlds oldest profession maybe there's not a solution.

You do it because it's the right thing to do. Just like banning murder doesn't get rid of murder, but it's the right thing to do.

By your logic, there's no reason for any laws because there will always be someone that breaks them…
IndividualFreedom
So if you film the sex, it is art? I would imagine the city would require some sort of licensing. Regardless, do we agree that prostitution is a states issue?
Ag with kids
AG
Kvetch said:

Ag with kids said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

Kvetch said:

Tanya 93 said:

combat wombat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Then that's your own poor decision. Difference is that industries that are built on exploitation don't result from it.

I think we can use prudence when applying morality-based laws. Outlawing sex work is practically easy and good for society. Outlawing extramarital relations all together is difficult and has too many disruptive consequences.

Don't let the perfect get in the way of the good. There is no moral case to be made for prostitution. It is not good for the parties involved nor for society writ large.
Ah...so it's the capitalism aspect of the sex that you think causes the problem...

As to morality based laws, how about we just say **** it and enact sharia? Since morality is your issue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.