Gas prices starting to go up fast

8,979 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by CDUB98
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Up another 20+ cents in B/CS since last week.

Probably will hit $3.50 in a few more days since every increase now is either 10, 20, or 30 cents at a time.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TexasAGGIEinAR
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Up around $3.49/gallon in Northwest Arkansas. It's the highest I've seen it in several months.

Update: 5 days later, we're up to $3.79/gallon. Now priced the same as diesel. Pathetic.
Teslag
AG
beerad12man said:

This is why people like tesla are the worst. Freaking troll.

I want your tesla to be good for you. I want it to be as cheap as possible for you. I want you to have that option. I want all Americans to have a non-government coerced option in all their consumption needs. This is what is best for the economy, and best for the middle class as a whole.

You, on the other hand, don't give a crap about what happens to others, or if governement is largely responsible for an increase in price that affects 75-90% of the middle class.

I have repeatedly said that government should let the market decide. All tax credits and EV pushes are gifts to unions.
TTUArmy
According to the API, 15 million barrels just got pulled out of the SPR.
txaggie_08
AG
TTUArmy said:

EIA reported this morning an estimate of 17mm barrel withdraw over last week.

Somehow oil prices still headed down this morning. I assume it's due to Fitch credit ranking news and possibly renewed fears of recession?
Logos Stick
Price up 2 cents overnight, up 11 cents in a week.

Average is $3.82.

Does it hit $4?

Summer coming to a close.
Logos Stick
TTUArmy said:

I guess the Marxists are simply going to drain it.
Opalka
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Owlagdad said:

And so libs tell us we are not experiencing inflation nor are we in a recession.

We are experiencing inflation. By definition, we are not in a recession.
You're exchanging "libs" for "economists". Not the same thing.
Logos Stick
Opalka said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Owlagdad said:

And so libs tell us we are not experiencing inflation nor are we in a recession.

We are experiencing inflation. By definition, we are not in a recession.
You're exchanging "libs" for "economists". Not the same thing.

Which economists are saying we are not experiencing inflation?

Are they in an insane asylum?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Logos Stick said:

TTUArmy said:

I guess the Marxists are simply going to drain it.
Xi has permission to drain it drilling all the way through the earth. Biden approved that and didn't even know it.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
AxelFoley85
Probably gonna get one as my daily driver and keep the big gas guzzler for the weekends.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Tree Hugger said:

Pushing $5/gal here in Eugene, OR

Luckily I only drive to go to the dog park, or to go fishing so I only fill up about once a month or so.

You fish the McKenzie?
TheEternalPessimist
$3.60 in Elberta, AL
JamesE4
AG
Teslag said:

I haven't noticed it
I was about to post the same thing
Canyon99
AG
$4 plus in McCall, Idaho.
ChipFTAC01
AG
cef88 said:

Let me guess, the Shell over by the Total Wine near Gessner? They are always .50 above average in the area at least

Better than the station at Memorial and the Beltway. Gas could be $2/gal and they'd be charging an original Monet for a half tank.
EskimoJoe
Ive been buying O&G royalties this summer. One of my rolaty packages includes royalties on the possibility of up to 7 new wells for which permits have been granted.

Drill baby dril!!!
jja79
AG
$3.99 today in Gilbert. Arizona.
LOYAL AG
AG
txaggie_08 said:

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Oil-Prices-Balloon-On-Largest-Single-Week-Crude-Inventory-Crash-In-Years.html

Quote:

Crude oil inventories in the United States unexpectedly fell sizably this week by 15.4 million barrels, the American Petroleum Institute (API) data showed on Tuesday after increasing by 1.319 million barrels in the week prior.

Analysts were expecting a draw of 900,000 barrels in U.S. crude-oil inventories. The total number of barrels of crude oil gained so far this year is 20 million barrels, according to API data, although the net draw in crude inventories since April is 27 million barrels.

Quote:

On Monday, the Department of Energy (DoE) reported no change for the third week in a row to the inventory held in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in the week ending July 28, with the SPR inventory still sitting at a 40-year low of 346.8 million barrels.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-spurns-another-round-offers-211600394.html

Quote:

The Biden administration is again delaying a replenishment of the nation's emergency oil reserve after deciding the offers it received were too expensive, according to people familiar with the matter. The decision comes as oil prices have rallied above $80 a barrel.

So they don't want to replenish the SPR now because prices are high yet they also didn't want Trump to increase the SPR at the beginning of Covid when prices were negative. You couldn't fill a thimble with what liberals understand about basic economics.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
fixer
Saudi is holding firm on keeping supply low. Russia too apparently.

Agthatbuilds
They understand.

It's intentional
Old Sarge
AG
Agree, and starred your post.

They are fully aware of ramifications here and elsewhere. When your goal is to bring a nation to its knees from within, actions like the DemocRats take make perfect sense.

They may be stupid in some ways, and certainly have smart people on their side as well, but the commonality among them is evil.
"Green" is the new RED.
CDUB98
AG
Yup, they know exactly what they are doing to energy prices.

Completely intentional to force prices up on fossil fuels to lower the differential between fossil and green energy.

They full well know that, without market manipulation, green energy cannot compete with fossil fuels on cost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.