Gas prices starting to go up fast

8,959 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by CDUB98
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BoydCrowder13 said:

CDUB98 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Owlagdad said:

And so libs tell us we are not experiencing inflation nor are we in a recession.

We are experiencing inflation. By definition, we are not in a recession.
What definition, because you progressives changed it when it didn't support Pedo Joe.

You progressives? We were in a recession Q1 and Q2 of last year.

The same definition as always. 2 quarters of negative GDP growth. The only one changing definitions on this thread is you.

That's not the same definition as always.

Biden and the Marxists changed it last year and declared we were not in recession.
BoydCrowder13
Logos Stick said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

CDUB98 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Owlagdad said:

And so libs tell us we are not experiencing inflation nor are we in a recession.

We are experiencing inflation. By definition, we are not in a recession.
What definition, because you progressives changed it when it didn't support Pedo Joe.

You progressives? We were in a recession Q1 and Q2 of last year.

The same definition as always. 2 quarters of negative GDP growth. The only one changing definitions on this thread is you.

That's not the same definition as always.

Biden and the Marxists changed it last year and declared we were not in recession.

Okay? Are conservatives following suit? Just because Biden and his team are coocoo doesn't mean you have to be.
Sea Speed
AG
Just got back from offshore to a nasty surprise at the pump. Should have filled up before heading to the heliport.
Sea Speed
AG
Also thank god for 10 cents off per gallon at Walmart and 6% cash back with my Amex
txaggie_08
AG
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Oil-Prices-Balloon-On-Largest-Single-Week-Crude-Inventory-Crash-In-Years.html

Quote:

Crude oil inventories in the United States unexpectedly fell sizably this week by 15.4 million barrels, the American Petroleum Institute (API) data showed on Tuesday after increasing by 1.319 million barrels in the week prior.

Analysts were expecting a draw of 900,000 barrels in U.S. crude-oil inventories. The total number of barrels of crude oil gained so far this year is 20 million barrels, according to API data, although the net draw in crude inventories since April is 27 million barrels.

Quote:

On Monday, the Department of Energy (DoE) reported no change for the third week in a row to the inventory held in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in the week ending July 28, with the SPR inventory still sitting at a 40-year low of 346.8 million barrels.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-spurns-another-round-offers-211600394.html

Quote:

The Biden administration is again delaying a replenishment of the nation's emergency oil reserve after deciding the offers it received were too expensive, according to people familiar with the matter. The decision comes as oil prices have rallied above $80 a barrel.

aggie93
AG
Is it time for these again?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Logos Stick
Up 3 cents today, up 15 cents in a week.

Marxist gonna Marxist.
Dimebag Darrell
cef88 said:

Let me guess, the Shell over by the Total Wine near Gessner? They are always .50 above average in the area at least
The Shell at Shepherd and north side of I-10 is notorious for this too. I do not understand why anyone would pay like 25% more there than at the Valero just across I-10. I guess they just trap a lot of people who are oblivious and do not even check prices?
Fishing Fools
Teslag said:

I haven't noticed it

My aren't you proud other people are suffering because of you!!!
Logos Stick
Brittmoore Car Club said:

cef88 said:

Let me guess, the Shell over by the Total Wine near Gessner? They are always .50 above average in the area at least
The Shell at Shepherd and north side of I-10 is notorious for this too. I do not understand why anyone would pay like 25% more there than at the Valero just across I-10. I guess they just trap a lot of people who are oblivious and do not even check prices?

Shell always seems to be the most expensive gas regardless of location. That's been my experience anyway.
samurai_science
Teslag said:

I haven't noticed it
I guess you don't buy anything that moves by truck, train, or ship. Riiiiiiight
RafterAg223
AG
samurai_science said:

Teslag said:

I haven't noticed it
I guess you don't buy anything that moves by truck, train, or ship. Riiiiiiight
And his vehicle that doesn't use petroleum products was built entirely out of products made from unicorn farts.
flakrat
AG
BigRobSA said:

Noticed a 20 cent jump overnight here in SA. 3.29 to 3.49. That's after a 30 cent jump a week or so ago from 2.99 to 3.29

What
The
****?
I noticed that $.20 jump while at the pump last Tuesday. Stopped at a Pilot station around 10AM, interstate sign said $3.19 for regular. Pulled over, hopped out and the pump also said $3.19. Swiped my card and between the swipe and the card being processed, the pump reset to $3.39.

I cancelled the transaction, then looked out at the interstate sign and sure enough, they had just reset the price.

Drove across the street to another station and paid $3.19 before they also upped the price.

Never had that happen while at the pump :-0

Oh, and our diesel truck, I don't even want to think about filling it up.
BonfireNerd04
We still have cheaper gas than 3/4 of the world's countries.
Claverack
On 20JAN21, the price of a gallon of gas at a location closest to my house was $2.24.

Then the moron took over and handed this nation to green energy quackery.

With an "all the above" approach to energy, we would be in a great position to counteract and gain from OPEC's machinations.

With the policy of the Biden Administration, we are in a position of energy dependence and hoping stone age energy resources will save us.

Need to take this country back from kooks like Biden and Kerry.

Agthatbuilds
Yet, we sit on oil reserves than more than 99% of countries
bigblock
Was in Tennessee last week. Tourist trap Pigeon Forge... $2.99. Cross back in to Texarkana and it was $3.49 a few days ago.
flakrat
AG
bigblock said:

Was in Tennessee last week. Tourist trap Pigeon Forge... $2.99. Cross back in to Texarkana and it was $3.49 a few days ago.
My $3.19 to $3.39 regular price swap happened on just past Pigeon Forge on the way to Knoxville. I didn't even try to go to Buc-ee's to get the discount, though. That exit is insane.
Dan Scott
AG
We've had a few refinery outages last couple weeks.
jja79
AG
Teslag said:

I haven't noticed it

Honest question. Is a Telsa the same price as a similar gasoline vehicle? I haven't priced them because I don't want to support children enslaved to mine the lithium and I care about destroying the environment by disposing of the old batteries. If they're more expensive than a similar gasoline powered vehicle isn't that delta just pre-paying the potential rise in gasoline?
Teslag
AG
I feel really bad for those Australian child slaves mining lithium for my car. Crikey.

And the Tesla Y Performance was cheaper than the BMW M40 X3 we considered. Except it's faster, has better tech, and is virtually maintenance free.
P.U.T.U
AG
Seeing as the Y is $55-75k+ I would say that is out of the price range for most middle income families and is not a fair comparison. When comparing the Y to more popular and similar technology electric vehicles like the Honda CRV or Accord Hybrids that max out around $40k and have $10-15k less total cost of ownership.

Keep cherry picking your data to make it look like the Tesla is the best thing since sliced bread and we should all switch to it.

Biden has proven that he is trying to destroy the O&G market, there have been several times in his presidency that he could have replenished the reserves at a lower cost but has chosen not to.

CDUB98
AG
Dan Scott said:

We've had a few refinery outages last couple weeks.

That's not what is causing this.
Loquacious Lunchbox
Agthatbuilds said:

In Colorado right now, diesel is $5.00 gallon. Half a tank is $90 for me

You have a 36 gallon tank? Is that in like a civilian vehicle?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Y'all weren't supposed to notice the gas price hike.

As good citizens of the US, you should be focused on pending Extra Terrestrial attack!!!
Teslag
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Seeing as the Y is $55-75k+ I would say that is out of the price range for most middle income families and is not a fair comparison. When comparing the Y to more popular and similar technology electric vehicles like the Honda CRV or Accord Hybrids that max out around $40k and have $10-15k less total cost of ownership.

Keep cherry picking your data to make it look like the Tesla is the best thing since sliced bread and we should all switch to it.

Biden has proven that he is trying to destroy the O&G market, there have been several times in his presidency that he could have replenished the reserves at a lower cost but has chosen not to.

The low end Model Y is $40k after tax credit

The performance Model Y is $47k after tax credit

When you factor in the lack of maintenance combined with cheap charging at home they are even less.

And seeing how it's the best selling car in the US now many seem to think it's better than "sliced bread".
CDUB98
AG
And Tesla ruins another thread with his OCD.
Mas89
AG
When Xiden became president, gas at my neighborhood Heb pump was 1.87 per gallon. It's 3.29 today.

That's a 76 percent increase. FJB.
Agthatbuilds
Yes.

Its much better back here in Texas.

Yesterday, two gas stations next door to each other. One at 3.75 and the other at 3.25 for diesel. Filled up for 3.25.

Yesterday afternoon, both were at 3.75.
The Fife
Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

When you factor in the lack of maintenance combined with cheap charging at home they are even less.

And seeing how it's the best selling car in the US now many seem to think it's better than "sliced bread".
I decided to compare the model Y with a car that I have now, a 2007 Acura TSX that's at just over 100K miles and great condition to see how it would compare on an IKEA run over to Charlotte that I have planned soon.

The distance door to door is about 220 miles so a round trip of 440. The Acura does that trip with 90-100 miles left to spare. Base Model Y has a 279 mile range (assuming this is with A/C running?) and Tesla's site shows there would be a 20 minute stop to charge, both going there and coming back in Columbia. It's close to I-77 at least but I'd rather be able to make the simple 3 hour trip without adding the better part of an hour waiting around somewhere.

If I want to go see friends in the Raleigh that's two stops along the way but again, none in the Acura. don't want to add a bunch of time to a trip that's already 4 hours each way. I like what I have better, and don't see that problem being overcome in the future at any sort of reasonable price.
Cromagnum
AG
The Fife said:

Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

I decided to compare the model Y with a car that I have now, a 2007 Acura TSX that's at just over 100K miles and great condition to see how it would compare on an IKEA run over to Charlotte that I have planned soon.

The distance door to door is about 220 miles so a round trip of 440. The Acura does that trip with 90-100 miles left to spare. Base Model Y has a 279 mile range (assuming this is with A/C running?) and Tesla's site shows there would be a 20 minute stop to charge, both going there and coming back in Columbia. It's close to I-77 at least but I'd rather be able to make the simple 3 hour trip without adding the better part of an hour waiting around somewhere.

If I want to go see friends in the Raleigh that's two stops along the way but again, none in the Acura. don't want to add a bunch of time to a trip that's already 4 hours each way. I like what I have better, and don't see that problem being overcome in the future at any sort of reasonable price.

Now pretend you have land on the other side of Texas that's a 7 hour trip and pretend you actually need to haul anything on the same trips. The stupid EV either (a) won't be capable of hauling the load, or (b) will require you to stop every hour and a half along the way.
The Fife
Cromagnum said:

The Fife said:

Teslag said:

P.U.T.U said:

Now pretend you have land on the other side of Texas that's a 7 hour trip and pretend you actually need to haul anything on the same trips. The stupid EV either (a) won't be capable of hauling the load, or (b) will require you to stop every hour and a half along the way.
Agreed, it's a 22 hour trip (butt in seat time) to get from here to where my parents live in Central Texas. I've towed an enclosed trailer there and back twice now so that's a total non-starter. I'd have to take a one way flight and rent a U-Haul truck for the return trip.
beerad12man
AG
This is why people like tesla are the worst. Freaking troll.

I want your tesla to be good for you. I want it to be as cheap as possible for you. I want you to have that option. I want all Americans to have a non-government coerced option in all their consumption needs. This is what is best for the economy, and best for the middle class as a whole.

You, on the other hand, don't give a crap about what happens to others, or if governement is largely responsible for an increase in price that affects 75-90% of the middle class.
CDUB98
AG
Ya know, if y'all would stop responding to him it would be helpful.
ts5641
This is Trump's fault. Should be indicted again.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.