DOJ to Sue Texas to Force Removal of Floating Border Barrier

8,913 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ChemEAg08
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** Beto. What a dewsh. EVERYONE knows it is an international border and there are specific rules for legal crossing. Everything else is by implication at your own dumbass risk.
RGV AG
AG
I flew out of McAllen this morning, and I quit counting at 47, and there were more, illegals (Haitins, Africans, Central Americans, and a couple of very hot Venezolanas which is something I haven't seen in a while, I am all for them!) that were going through security with forward travel docs from the US government. They get special access and get to bypass the long lines at what has to be the TSA's most in-efficient airport.

Their travel is paid for by the taxpayers and they are in the US legally as per the Feds.

The guy I know pretty well at the UA counter said that they probably do 80-100 of these folks a day. American does about the same. Now factor in that you have airports at Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen, and Laredo, there are probably 800-1000 of these illegals traveling into the US on a daily basis. Do the math.

I detest Abbott, he is lying to and playing upon all of you that are outraged about the illegal immigration mess. This is nothing but political pandering, like the Trump did on so many things. Those F'ing bouy's won't do a damn thing to stop all the illegals that the Feds let across the bridges. Not one thing. It may lightly hamper Mexicans, they still get deported and so do some Central Americans and others that have records or no docs. But those folks cross at all kinds of other places and the BP can keep about 85% out without Wheels spending millions on pork barrel crap like he is. But it won't stop the thousands that are welcomed by the Feds.

There is basically one thing, and one thing only, that Abbott can do to kick Mexico in the balls and get some of this turned down and that is hamper and hinder commerce, but he is not going to do it because he gets money from big donor's that depend on produce, knick knacks, and all the other things that Mex exports to the US.

Trump hammered illegal immigration by threatening tariffs and Abbott caused teeth gnashing pain when he, for 3 days, had all Mex trucks crossing checked by DPS. But Abbott folded under political pressure.

The National Guard and troopers along the border is for show, costing the tax payers millions a week.

Abbott is playing all of you all that think he is actually doing something. I am so pissed off at him that if he wins the primary I may vote against him just because he has played a state as a fool and is lying to us all. He is a political animal first and foremost that is using this horrible and terribly damaging situation to try and look like a conservative bad ass. He is lying trash to me and coward with no principals. He is bought and paid for.
agz win
AG
Anyone see the video of the floating trampoline used to jump over the orange floating balls? I can't post it but ingenious.
jetch17
AG
agz win said:

Anyone see the video of the floating trampoline used to jump over the orange floating balls? I can't post it but ingenious.

I kind of want a live feed of that
Ag with kids
AG
RGV AG said:

I flew out of McAllen this morning, and I quit counting at 47, and there were more, illegals (Haitins, Africans, Central Americans, and a couple of very hot Venezolanas which is something I haven't seen in a while, I am all for them!) that were going through security with forward travel docs from the US government. They get special access and get to bypass the long lines at what has to be the TSA's most in-efficient airport.

Their travel is paid for by the taxpayers and they are in the US legally as per the Feds.

The guy I know pretty well at the UA counter said that they probably do 80-100 of these folks a day. American does about the same. Now factor in that you have airports at Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen, and Laredo, there are probably 800-1000 of these illegals traveling into the US on a daily basis. Do the math.

I detest Abbott, he is lying to and playing upon all of you that are outraged about the illegal immigration mess. This is nothing but political pandering, like the Trump did on so many things. Those F'ing bouy's won't do a damn thing to stop all the illegals that the Feds let across the bridges. Not one thing. It may lightly hamper Mexicans, they still get deported and so do some Central Americans and others that have records or no docs. But those folks cross at all kinds of other places and the BP can keep about 85% out without Wheels spending millions on pork barrel crap like he is. But it won't stop the thousands that are welcomed by the Feds.

There is basically one thing, and one thing only, that Abbott can do to kick Mexico in the balls and get some of this turned down and that is hamper and hinder commerce, but he is not going to do it because he gets money from big donor's that depend on produce, knick knacks, and all the other things that Mex exports to the US.

Trump hammered illegal immigration by threatening tariffs and Abbott caused teeth gnashing pain when he, for 3 days, had all Mex trucks crossing checked by DPS. But Abbott folded under political pressure.

The National Guard and troopers along the border is for show, costing the tax payers millions a week.

Abbott is playing all of you all that think he is actually doing something. I am so pissed off at him that if he wins the primary I may vote against him just because he has played a state as a fool and is lying to us all. He is a political animal first and foremost that is using this horrible and terribly damaging situation to try and look like a conservative bad ass. He is lying trash to me and coward with no principals. He is bought and paid for.
Blaming Abbott for something Biden is doing.

That's a new one...
ag7g7ie
K2Ag97
No standing.
Im Gipper
You cannot make this up. Literally, a Hawaii judge has stopped Texas from enforcing the border

(The judge is sitting in Texas, but he was a Hawaii judge almost all of his career)

I'm Gipper
TxTarpon
The Fed could move them today if they wanted.
This is all theater.
Fireman
AG
Inform mayors and governors from liberal states and cities (sanctuary cities) that if they don't demand the DOJ stop this non-sense that we will increase bussing 3-fold since the Democrats refuse to support our effort to deter illegal immigration.
FTAG 2000
AG
Im Gipper said:

You cannot make this up. Literally, a Hawaii judge has stopped Texas from enforcing the border

(The judge is sitting in Texas, but he was a Hawaii judge almost all of his career)

Start busing then to his house
Who?mikejones!
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/texas-water-barriers-migrants-appeal/index.html

Buoys stay up
Maroon Dawn
AG
Needs to go to SCOTUS

But not for the question that seems obvious

Instead the question needs to be: "Can the Executive Branch refuse to enforce the laws in the Constitution or that Legislative Branch passes? Because if the answer is yes then effectively we don't have a republic, we have a dictatorship.
Fins Up!
AG
TxTarpon said:

The Fed could move them today if they wanted.
This is all theater.

Exactly! Abbott needs to just do like them Democrats do and ignore the court order, and say they don't have jurisdiction in state waters.
ElKabong
Federal appeals court allows Texas to leave floating barrier in Rio Grande for now

A federal appeals court Thursday put on hold a judge's order from earlier this week requiring Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to remove a floating barrier from the middle of the Rio Grande.

The 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals allowed Abbott, a Republican, to leave in place for now the 1,000-foot barrier the state installed to deter illegal migrant crossings. The order was issued by a three-judge panel of two Democratic appointees and a Republican appointee.

Wednesday, U.S. District Judge David Ezra had ordered that the barrier moved out of the main waterway to the bank of the Rio Grande on the Texas side by Sept. 15, granting the Justice Department's request for a preliminary injunction while the case is litigated.

ChemEAg08
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Needs to go to SCOTUS

But not for the question that seems obvious

Instead the question needs to be: "Can the Executive Branch refuse to enforce the laws in the Constitution or that Legislative Branch passes? Because if the answer is yes then effectively we don't have a republic, we have a dictatorship.

And that it would be time to Texit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.