Michelle Obama's Princeton thesis slammed

12,489 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Pizza
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

annie88 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

And by "periphery" of society, she means First Lady... in the White House, right?!

This is what gets me too. Then after all she and her husband have achieved in the political and popular arenas, she still is resentful and angry. Still.
Truly oppressed people. F*** Hussein and his wife.

Current home...

Site of future second home on exclusive shoreline of Hawaii...not too scared of rising sea waters...

The other cool detail is I can guarantee you that the Obama's are using the same loophole that the Clinton's did with their place in NY. Charge the Secret Service rent on a cottage on your property and make the rent the same as the entire mortgage payment. Essentially our tax dollars paying for their lifestyle.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Aggie95
AG
The last couple of lines are BS and make no sense. She says being at Princeton may have installed some conservative values such as getting into a prestigious grad school and getting a high paying corporate job. Neither of those are conservative values. Not that it's a surprise she couldn't articulate a single conservative value.
UTExan
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Michelle writes thesis in first person.

I've never heard of first person being used in a thesis or dissertation before unless it is a quotation.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
ts5641
Literally everything wrong with college in America and AA summed up nicely.
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

"Regardless of the circumstances underwhich [sic] I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second."
"...it often seems as if, to them..." wow...

How does she know how other students feel???
APHIS AG
If a person like Sheila Jackson Lee can get a degree from Yale, anyone with at least a second grade education can get one too.

These schools do not educate but indoctrinate and the only thing difficult is getting selected for that indoctrination.
Eso si, Que es
annie88 said:

C@LAg said:

Moochelle is screaming racism again.

Color me shocked.

Well, she started out like this, but yeah.

Did she experience life differently than a white person? I'm sure she did, but this fantasy at all white people float through life without any issues is just disgusting.
She experienced life differently than black people too. She experienced life as Michelle Obama, which is a unique experience. Just like mine is a unique experience as well as yours. Maybe this Supreme Court decision can help us start seeing people as what they are, unique individuals and not some part of a sub category.

Racism and bigotry is seeing someone at face value. America should about individuals.
Tergdor
AG
Does Princeton not have thesis advisors? Whoever let that through with all of those grammatical errors had no business in education.

If I wrote something even close to that my master's thesis advisor who barely spoke understandable English would have told me to rewrite the whole thing.
AGHouston11
AG
oh no said:

show me a picture of michelle obama pregnant and i'll think about reading the drivel she posted on twitter today

Has one ever been seen?
dmart90
AG
She and 0 are both stating that racism is as bad today as it was when they were students. Didn't 8 years of the 0 presidency make a difference?
AGHouston11
AG
dmart90 said:

She and 0 are both staying that racism is as bad today as it was when they were students. Didn't 8 years of the 0 presidency make a difference?

Well yes. They made the country racist literally every chance they got.
StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Love Gun
Good stuff, but liberals and CMs aren't going to read all of that
**** Joe Biden
oh no
AG
AGHouston11 said:

oh no said:

show me a picture of michelle obama pregnant and i'll think about reading the drivel she posted on twitter today

Has one ever been seen?
none exist, apparently.
SuhrThang
Big Mikes thesis is not the only thing that has been repeatedly slammed!
rausr
AG
one safe place
It is "black" not "Black" and it isn't a surprise she is playing her victim card.
nortex97
AG
https://x.com/charliekirk11/status/1690469049048977408

Concerning speculation.
Logos Stick
one safe place said:

It is "black" not "Black" and it isn't a surprise she is playing her victim card.

Yeah, we need to stop with the white liberal POC worship and reverence and use proper grammar when typing the word black. It's lowercase, just like white and brown.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How about some commas, Mike?
Bazooka Joe
AG
Black lady with a *****…how many boxes must one check before getting noticed?
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
Tanya 93
You guys do know there are childhood pics of her in dresses?

Do you think her parents brainwashed her into being a girl?
pfo
AG
For all that the Obama's are supposed to love and want to help black Americans, the fact remains blacks prospered so very much more under Trump and struggled under Obama and Biden.

Increasing taxes, runaway inflation, exploding the national debt and deficit and high interest rates didn't help American blacks, whites, Asians or anybody else! Well other than the Obama's and Biden's who helped themselves to all they could get from America.
eric76
AG
agdoc2001 said:

BBRex said:

I don't think her writing is horrible. It isn't what I would want to read for fun, but it isn't terrible. I've seen worse writing here.

It's written like a 6th grade C student with a new thesaurus.
Yeah. It appears to be about the same level as one PhD dissertation i was shown years ago. The scholarship in that dissertation, if you can even call it scholarship, was on the level, maybe, of a high school term paper by a not very talented student.
Deputy Travis Junior
I probably don't agree with Michelle on a single policy issue, but I'd be embarrassed to reread a decent chunk of the crap I wrote back in college (ten minutes of research followed by an all nighter and sanitized Wikipedia citations). So I'll extend her the courtesy of assuming that she frequently put forth similar effort and shouldn't be judged on her college writing.
MaroonStain
AG
oh no said:

POTD. America hasn't seen many pics (or any) of Big Mike preggers.
B-1 83
AG
Affirmative Action programs are racist by definition. Prove me wrong.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
JohnLA762
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I probably don't agree with Michelle on a single policy issue, but I'd be embarrassed to reread a decent chunk of the crap I wrote back in college (ten minutes of research followed by an all nighter and sanitized Wikipedia citations). So I'll extend her the courtesy of assuming that she frequently put forth similar effort and shouldn't be judged on her college writing.

Yeah, but she went to an Ivy League, not Blinn…
Burdizzo
AG
Tergdor said:

Does Princeton not have thesis advisors? Whoever let that through with all of those grammatical errors had no business in education.

If I wrote something even close to that my master's thesis advisor who barely spoke understandable English would have told me to rewrite the whole thing.

Nan El-Sayed was the Thesis Clerk when I went through grad school. She read every document that crossed her desk. This would have never passed. She made me a better writer.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
His name is Michael.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
CyclingAg82
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

"I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong."
She's correct. She didn't belong there, and not because of her race.

Brevity....the soul of wit.

Well done Sir.
annie88
AG
His entire tweet:

As a fellow Princeton student at the time Michelle Robinson was there, I have to make a few comments. Her claim that she was one of the "few" Black students is ridiculous. Affirmative action was in full force, and the Third World Center was a popular campus destination for Blacks, Latinos, Native Americans and others. There were far more Blacks than Jews, and there were not "a few" Jews on campus.

Despite the foregoing, she also wrote a senior thesis claiming she felt like she really didn't belong.

When she claims her "heart breaks for any young person," she helps explain why her husband's tenure was the most racially divisive presidency in the last 30 years (at the end of his second term, people recorded more friction between races than at the beginning of the first). She might as well say openly that she means "any young person" only if they're Black. What about the students who now think that if they work hard and study hard, they will actually have a fair chance at admission, thanks to this decision?

A good friend of mine told me openly, at Princeton, that he was happy with affirmative action "because I didn't have the grades." He was Black, of course. And I couldn't help thinking, "it's great that you are here, but which student, that actually did have the grades, didn't get to come to Princeton because they gave the spot to you?" I didn't like that thought, like I said, he was a friend, but he just told me he really didn't have the academic scores needed to get in, and that meant someone else was left out.

Multiple times over the past few years we have read stories about a student getting into each and every one of the Ivy League schools. Without even opening the article, we knew the skin color of the student in question. Don't tell me it's racist to notice, blame the admission system. You knew it too. And, sadly, there was a recent story of an Asian student with an outstanding record of academic and extracurricular achievement, a first-generation American from an impoverished immigrant background, who got into none of the top schools.

There is another good friend of mine who went to Princeton with me, my best friend since third grade. He didn't need a special leg up, he was an academic performer. And now no one will look at future students like him and wonder if he got in due to the color of his skin or the content of his mind.

The other forms of "special consideration" that she mentions are in no way comparable. Legacy kids are more likely to succeed, have loyalty, and of course that only works for the schools mom and dad attended. Schools need sports teams for their own prestige. And those who got coaching and academic training are, of course, coming into college better prepared to succeed and elevate the academic level of the school. Stating that race is somehow comparable is precisely the opposite of what MLK hoped for, a society in which skin color was irrelevant.

Now we will move at least closer to his dream, and a situation in which every child feels that the way to get into a school like Princeton is with real dedication and hard work.
annie88
AG
JohnLA762 said:

I lold
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong."
rocky the dog said:
She's correct. She didn't belong there, and not because of her race.

Brevity....the soul of wit.

Well done Sir.

Thank you, kind sir.

And let me add this to the conversation...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Deputy Travis Junior
JohnLA762 said:

Yea well that may be... But at least I never slept with Lumbergh.

(But seriously, I lol'd)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.