Cracker Barrel

9,992 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Quantum Entanglement
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come sit in the rainbow rocking chairs on the porch.
No Spin Ag
Quantum Entanglement said:

Was not expecting that.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Tea Party
I'm sure the frequent visiting old timers like seeing the praise of degeneracy right as they walk in...
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
45-70Ag
AG
I'll take an old timers breakfast, cup of coffee and a trans rocker.

If there ever was a place that didn't have the customer base for this, CB is my first guess.
Gigem314
AG
So they can put in the effort to get rainbow chairs, but can't get fried catfish back on the menu?
AGHouston11
AG
They put out a rainbow post saying all are welcome
TxTarpon

How is this a thing now?
torrid
AG
Serious question, does a business really face any sort of boycott or backlash for NOT doing anything to celebrate pride month? I mean just keep providing the same products and services you already do year round, in the same manner to everyone regardless of demographics or politics.
Charpie
AG
OMG where are y'all going to go now?
DatTallArchitect
AG
I boycotted them years ago for their terrible food
JohnLA762
AG
Cracker Barrel taste like a warmed over pile of decaying buttholes. You know, a lot like Bud Light…

Maroon Dawn
AG
torrid said:

Serious question, does a business really face any sort of boycott or backlash for NOT doing anything to celebrate pride month? I mean just keep providing the same products and services you already do year round, in the same manner to everyone regardless of demographics or politics.

They're terrified of the Twitter Bot Army calling the homophobic if they don't bend the knee and kiss the ring
4stringAg
AG
torrid said:

Its one of the major headscratchers of all of this to me. Particularly for companies whose target markets are primarily conservative audiences. It doesn't seem like the business gained from LGBT or leftist customers who aren't your target audience is worth the risk of driving off your target market who are primarily conservatives and seniors.

I'm guessing for most companies its the ESG requirements that make them feel like they are forced to do this virtue signalling and I think in some companies its just plain ol stupid decision making listening to woke marketing and Comms execs. Those two aren't mutually exclusive categories.
Based Hiker
Really hate to see the pandering here. It shows how much this company has fallen in the last ten years. I left 7 years ago, and it was starting to falter then. Leadership grasped at a lot of straws, but the actions of the last few years (adding alcohol, expanding to the left coast, menu changes plus this) reek of desperation.

I was talking to one of my friends there a few weeks ago and he stated that Texas and Florida are carrying the company right now. I wonder how this plays now.
45-70Ag
AG
I don't know why, but my kids love that place. I use to think when they were young it was due to that damn gift shop but they don't even pay attention to that anymore.

When we go destin every summer, we spend two days making the trip and all they want is CB on the way there and back. We've probably hit every one of them on and nearby of I-10 in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle. Insanity.
Maroon Dawn
AG
This

Never forget that under the Biden admin, they threaten your access to capital if you fail to enact enough leftist policy in your company
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
gosh dang it i was going to purchase two nice rocking chairs from them for my front porch. well i am going to atwood's instead. this is all so gay.
AgBandsman
AG
Quantum Entanglement said:

I drive by my local Cracker Barrel twice a day commuting to work. That's the closest I've been to a Cracker Barrel in a few years, and it sounds like it will stay that way.
Craigy
Gigem314 said:

So they can put in the effort to get rainbow chairs, but can't get fried catfish back on the menu?
Its not really catfish. They are getting RAINBOW Trout
TxTarpon
Craigy said:

Gigem314 said:

GROAN
akm91
AG
45-70Ag said:

I don't know why, but my kids love that place. I use to think when they were young it was due to that damn gift shop but they don't even pay attention to that anymore.

When we go destin every summer, we spend two days making the trip and all they want is CB on the way there and back. We've probably hit every one of them on and nearby of I-10 in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle. Insanity.
Take them to Steamboat Bills in Lake Charle's instead.
normalhorn
Boycotting a Cracker Barrel may be the easiest thing to do. It sucks. It always has sucked.

Have a nice day
Gigem314
AG
Craigy said:

Gigem314 said:

It would be more productive of them if they actually did that with the menu instead of a deck chair.
EclipseAg
AG
Cracker Barrel got dinged a few years ago for supposedly racist practices against its customers, paying a legal settlement and a fine. So they are likely terrified of a similar lawsuit from gay customers.

All it takes is one person to claim discrimination and the lawyers and others come crawling out of the woodwork.
45-70Ag
AG
akm91 said:

45-70Ag said:

I've seen their signs. Place looks popular.
Dimebag Darrell
Did not expect this. WTF is going on. Why would they do this? How are they so out of touch that they don't know their target demographic?

Cracker Barrels are almost exclusively in solidly red areas, and frequented largely by the elderly.

Sucks because I really loved their chicken n dumplins on occasion and thought the sides were great. Will never give them another dime.

Incredibly stupid, short sighted, and unnecessary imo.
Quantum Entanglement
Last Saturday at Cracker Barrel my son asked me, "Daddy, why do we have two waiters?"
EclipseAg
AG
normalhorn said:

Boycotting a Cracker Barrel may be the easiest thing to do. It sucks. It always has sucked.

Have a nice day
Yeah ... I'm not real picky when it comes to food but Cracker Barrel just isn't good.
Owlagdad
Charpie said:

It takes mighty bad cook to screw up breakfast. You can get better breakfast anywhere. Hard to beat McDonalds coffee too. Their greens, green beans are out of a can, and their chicken pieces must have been banty chickens.
Cracker barrell is for nostalgic wannabees who think they are eating Grandmas cooking, and an alternative to fast food on the road. Boycotted years ago for crappy food and service.
akm91
AG
45-70Ag said:

akm91 said:

45-70Ag said:

I've seen their signs. Place looks popular.
If you like Cajun food, it's a must. Their crawfish etoufee is fantastic! The crawfish pistolette is awesome as well.
pdc093
Charpie said:

They didn't last very long in Oregon. 'goners ran them off in just a few years.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Sodom and some more'a.
As in some mor'a mashed potatoes ma'am.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Quantum Entanglement
"Cracker Barrel - when you want some down home and down low cooking."

"Cracker Barrel - food like grandma John used to make."

"Cracker Barrel - we will toss your house salad for you."
Ag87H2O
AG
EclipseAg said:

Cracker Barrel got dinged a few years ago for supposedly racist practices against its customers, paying a legal settlement and a fine. So they are likely terrified of a similar lawsuit from gay customers.

All it takes is one person to claim discrimination and the lawyers and others come crawling out of the woodwork.
They aren't going to get sued for discrimination for not putting out rainbow chairs and flags. If they just have their employees treat all customers courteously they will be fine.

Seems like a totally unnecessary move on their part, one they will probably alienate a lot of their base.

Very Bud Lightish.
Faustus
Hobby Lobby is still holding strong though.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.