Disney Just Refuses To Freaking Learn From Their Mistakes...

8,289 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by techno-ag
Shoefly!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Up to this point changes in parks have been real subtle. It's been more of a removal of anything Christian related slowly over time. It's been a subtle addition of a few things here and there.

They have faced little push back and are still selling tickets.

I would imagine Disneyland will push the agenda first because most of their ticket sales are local whereas Disneyworld is mostly people traveling in. Locally for Disneyland they will still be able to sell tickets no matter how woke - it's California.

And that video is disgusting!

Whollee phook!
BCR
Maroon Dawn said:

don't give the mouse a single dime whenever you can
Unless I'm inconvenienced. (SEC sports)
If not boycott the hell out of them (unless there is a movie I want to watch).
techno-ag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Another disappointment for Disney, not that the media reports on it accurately.

Quote:

No one will say this was a bad performance, but a little context is necessary. Despite all the hype surrounding The Little Mermaid, and the benefit of a long weekend opening, it failed to top The Super Mario Bros. Movie's opening weekend domestic box office of $204.6 million. Comparing apples to apples, The Little Mermaid made $95.5 million, excluding its Memorial Day take. Ouch.
Quote:

So, to put it another way, The Super Mario Bros. Movie made more than double what The Little Mermaid did over the same period of time. But, the media is presenting The Little Mermaid as some box office record breaker. It's not. Disney remains dethroned as the box office king.
LINK
If you'd like to add some more perspective, the estimated production budget for The Little Mermaid was ~$250MM, so that opening sucks ass for such a large budget. That $250MM isn't including marketing costs. The experts in the room think they'll need to make $500-600MM for it to scratch a surface.

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/how-much-money-must-the-little-mermaid-make-to-break-even/
And here's the big issue. Story trumps the race of characters. Nobody in Hollywood seems to understand that. They want to change the race of existing stories and retell them woke. Tell new stories with POC characters that are good and that people will pay to watch.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Robert L. Peters
Disney is the bud light of American entertainment. Lowest common denominator entertainment to morons indoctrinated on Disney crap.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The experts in the room think they'll need to make $500-600MM for it to scratch a surface.
They could get there internationally, I guess.

The other question becomes the value added to Disney's vault for re-release in 7-8 years. if any.
Irish 2.0
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The experts in the room think they'll need to make $500-600MM for it to scratch a surface.

The other question becomes the value added to Disney's vault for re-release in 7-8 years. if any.
Personally I don't see any of the remakes making a dent with their value in the vault. There is no true nostalgia to them like the true Disney classics.
Robert L. Peters
Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Personally I don't see any of the remakes making a dent with their value in the vault. Their is no true nostalgia to them like the true Disney classics.

Exactly. Like the LA Aladdin. It was pretty good, but nobody is pulling that out in 15 years.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Personally I don't see any of the remakes making a dent with their value in the vault. There is no true nostalgia to them like the true Disney classics.
Tend to agree with that.
techno-ag
AG
I bet what people really look for are titles Disney banned like Song of the South.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Shoefly!
AG
chase128 said:

We took our daughter to that Boutique at Disneyworld back in March and luckily that crap wasn't going on at that time.

The staff that was working the Boutique were very polite and helpful. My daughter couldn't decide on a dress and kept wanting to try on different ones but they staff was very patient. Staff was mostly women, but there was one man and he was dressed like a man and acted like a man. He was very respectful of the girls and the parents.

If that dude in a dress was there when my daughter had her appointment I'd have been pissed. We paid a **** ton of money for the experience. That guy being there would have made my kid extremely uncomfortable.

Especially if he had groped her like we have seen potatus do it over & over!
aggiehawg
AG
techno-ag said:

I bet what people really look for are titles Disney banned like Song of the South.
Yes. The older Disney movies from when I was young, like Mary Poppins never become stale. A large part of that is the music, too. Easy for kids to sing and remember.
J.P. 03
AG
"Hi, I'm a fully grown man who'd like to wear a dress and spend all day with young children."

Everywhere else in the world: "I'm calling the cops."
Disney: "You're hired! Welcome home."
Muktheduck
halfastros81 said:

It's because they don't think they are making mistakes.

Nobody still going to their parks think they are either. The people that are disgusted by this kind of thing dropped Disney years ago
Gap
AG
Science Denier said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Gap said:

TxTarpon said:

Easy to see why they are arrogant.

A couple of questions:

1) Why did you not show the trend going to the bottom and $0 as Disney no longer pays a dividend?

2) Of all the possible financial metrics, why did you choose a dividend chart (albeit without the key changes that has occurred since your graph's time period) as being most relevant to making whatever point you were attempting to make?

This chart tells a better story. Revenue still nowhere near being back to pre-COVID and no dividend. DIS is in a crisis. Park revenue be damned if they're buring cash left and right in other divisions every quarter.
The issue here is wokeness. There are some very underperforming units in Disney, and they are not the result of wokeness. In fact, the data would support that the more woke they become, the more money they make. At least, that's how it seems to me.

This is 100% inaccurate.

The most under performing groups are: movies, Disney+, and ESPN.

The better performing groups - parks and cruises - trail those in wokeness.
TxTarpon
Hee hee hee
Or craptastia
Muktheduck
techno-ag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Another disappointment for Disney, not that the media reports on it accurately.

Quote:

No one will say this was a bad performance, but a little context is necessary. Despite all the hype surrounding The Little Mermaid, and the benefit of a long weekend opening, it failed to top The Super Mario Bros. Movie's opening weekend domestic box office of $204.6 million. Comparing apples to apples, The Little Mermaid made $95.5 million, excluding its Memorial Day take. Ouch.
Quote:

So, to put it another way, The Super Mario Bros. Movie made more than double what The Little Mermaid did over the same period of time. But, the media is presenting The Little Mermaid as some box office record breaker. It's not. Disney remains dethroned as the box office king.
LINK
If you'd like to add some more perspective, the estimated production budget for The Little Mermaid was ~$250MM, so that opening sucks ass for such a large budget. That $250MM isn't including marketing costs. The experts in the room think they'll need to make $500-600MM for it to scratch a surface.

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/how-much-money-must-the-little-mermaid-make-to-break-even/
And here's the big issue. Story trumps the race of characters. Nobody in Hollywood seems to understand that. They want to change the race of existing stories and retell them woke. Tell new stories with POC characters that are good and that people will pay to watch.

Few outside of Hollywood seem to understand they don't care. The propaganda value of indoctrinating children is worth far more than ticket stubs.

They're fighting a religious war, not trying to make money. Of course its gravy if they happen to do both at the same time
BG Knocc Out
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

The problem for me regarding the park is there's really no alternative. This isn't like switching to Miller Lite as opposed to Bud Light.

My kids have never been to Disney world. I want to take them in two years as a reward for my oldest graduating college, my middle one graduating high school, and the littlest one finishing her year in school. It would just be a once in a lifetime thing due to the high cost. What other alternative do I have for an experience like that? Six Flags? Gross.

The idea of giving that money to the mouse kills me but, my desire to see my girls all together having that experience trumps that.
You could always vandalize things while there when no one is looking. Costing them money, even if just a few hundred $$$ is virtuous at this point imo.
halfastros81
AG
I dunno if that's really true . There are probably a lot of people that are largely ignorant of the Disney agenda until it slaps them in the face so to speak.
aggiehawg
AG
halfastros81 said:

I dunno if that's really true . There are probably a lot of people that are largely ignorant of the Disney agenda until it slaps them in the face so to speak.

I agree. Few people even understand the origin of the term "Don't Say Gay Bill," for the actual legislation that was passed by Florida said no such thing.

And they are even more uninformed about Reedy Creek and why and how that finally came down. It was going to happen at some point but it just happened to be on DeSantis' watch.
Muktheduck
halfastros81 said:

They've been trying to slap people in the face for over a decade.

Did people really need to wait until a more obscene body part was doing the slapping before they realized?
halfastros81
AG
Some are just not tuned in because they don't consume media that communicate that message and they are also busy living their lives. Just a guess but if you polled Disney park goers and asked them if they were aware of (pick your Disney woke agenda) that 25 % or better would say they are not aware . The parents just know the kids want to go and so they go.
joe crombie
Disney won't fail because they have the entire media and entertainment complex on their side.

It is about promoting degeneracy and making a buck at the same time. That is why they own the most important IPs from the last century.

Seriously, does that freddie mecury/snow white freak hybrid really look like he wants to live as woman? It is just about forcing their deviancy onto the world in the name of the greater good.

Their hope is they corrupt your kids, and your kids will help put you into whatever reeducation system/camp/gulag they install.
stetson
AG
Irony. The company I work for provides consulting services in litigation matters. Around 2008-2010, a female Disney attorney calls me one day, explained their case, and asked for recommendations. I gave her three male consultants that I thought were perfectly qualified for the issues of her case. She went to our website to view their CVs and said, "I can't take these to Disney. Do you have anyone that doesn't have facial hair"? She explained to me that Disney frowns upon facial hair and pointed out that every villain in a Disney movie or cartoon has facial hair and that none of the heroes/heroines do. I had never noticed that. Apparently, Disney is now a lonnnng way from that view...
FJB
aggiehawg
AG
stetson said:

Irony. The company I work for provides consulting services in litigation matters. Around 2008-2010, a female Disney attorney calls me one day, explained their case, and asked for recommendations. I gave her three male consultants that I thought were perfectly qualified for the issues of her case. She went to our website to view their CVs and said, "I can't take these to Disney. Do you have anyone that doesn't have facial hair"? She explained to me that Disney frowns upon facial hair and pointed out that every villain in a Disney movie or cartoon has facial hair and that none of the heroes/heroines do. I had never noticed that. Apparently, Disney is now a lonnnng way from that view...
Jeebus! Walt Disney had a mustache. Did they forget that?
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
We've spent a lot of money at Disney in years past but will never spend another dime. The extremes crossing this agenda with children is the line parents are willing to die on. Bye bye Disney. ESPN is next.
fka ftc
Kind of ironic isn't it.

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/145690820/disney-alters-facial-hair-policy-at-u-s-theme-parks
Quote:

Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. At Disneyland and Disney World, everyone working there has a clean-cut image. It goes back to the 1950s, when Disneyland first opened and facial hair was banned. Even though Uncle Walt Disney had one, moustaches weren't even allowed until 2000. But starting next month, employees will finally be allowed to have beards, as long as they're kept short and trim, unless maybe you're one of the seven dwarves. It's MORNING EDITION.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
aggiehawg
AG
I understand that ban for employees when the park intially opened. Wholesome family environment, etc. for image.

Surprised it lasted that long, though.
fka ftc
No doubt.

And in 10 years we have gone from men can wear a short, neatly trimmed mustache and beard to men wearing princess dresses, makeup, and facial air whilst they pick out dresses for little girls (who are not their children) to wear.

Disney may actually rise up out of the grave soon.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Ags4DaWin
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

The problem for me regarding the park is there's really no alternative. This isn't like switching to Miller Lite as opposed to Bud Light.

My kids have never been to Disney world. I want to take them in two years as a reward for my oldest graduating college, my middle one graduating high school, and the littlest one finishing her year in school. It would just be a once in a lifetime thing due to the high cost. What other alternative do I have for an experience like that? Six Flags? Gross.

The idea of giving that money to the mouse kills me but, my desire to see my girls all together having that experience trumps that.

Take them to Europe.
Take them on a cruise to Alaska to watch whales and walk on a glacier.
Take them to an ice castle in Greenland.
Take them to a real castle in Scotland.
Take them to Bali, let them snorkel reefs, and live in a hut over the water.
Take them on a dune buggy ride through the desert to the grand canyon.
Take them on a trip through the Bahamas, snorkel a sunken pirate ship, and swim with dolphins.
Take them to Tokyo to see paper castles, and more.
Take them to a ranch in Montana for a week to learn how to ride horses and camp in the mountains.

The list is endless.

There are hundreds of things that ur girls will remember more than seeing a fake princess in a castle.
techno-ag
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Take them to Europe.
Take them on a cruise to Alaska to watch whales and walk on a glacier.
Take them to an ice castle in Greenland.
Take them to a real castle in Scotland.
Take them to Bali, let them snorkel reefs, and live in a hut over the water.
Take them on a dune buggy ride through the desert to the grand canyon.
Take them on a trip through the Bahamas, snorkel a sunken pirate ship, and swim with dolphins.
Take them to Tokyo to see paper castles, and more.
Take them to a ranch in Montana for a week to learn how to ride horses and camp in the mountains.

The list is endless.

There are hundreds of things that ur girls will remember more than seeing a fake princess in a castle.
OR … take them to see this:

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.