Disney Just Refuses To Freaking Learn From Their Mistakes...

8,282 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by techno-ag
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meet Nick, the "fairy godmother's apprentice" who helps little girls pick a princess dress at Disney

Quote:

Employees at Disney's famed Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will get a more gender-neutral title.

Boutique cast members, who help children dress up as their favorite Disney characters, will now be called "Fairy God Mother's Apprentices" instead of "Fairy God Mother's in Training" to allow workers who do not identify as women to be a part of the magic.

"This way cast members that might not identify as female can still be part of the process to dress up & style the children without having to refer to themselves as a female Disney character."

AGHouston11
AG
Up to this point changes in parks have been real subtle. It's been more of a removal of anything Christian related slowly over time. It's been a subtle addition of a few things here and there.

They have faced little push back and are still selling tickets.

I would imagine Disneyland will push the agenda first because most of their ticket sales are local whereas Disneyworld is mostly people traveling in. Locally for Disneyland they will still be able to sell tickets no matter how woke - it's California.

And that video is disgusting!
halfastros81
AG
It's because they don't think they are making mistakes.
ts5641
Why would they change? The media will just fawn over them for their courage and attack anyone ruthlessly who disagrees.
CDUB98
AG
They don't believe they are making a mistake, so there's nothing, in their mind, to learn.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm secondarily concerned about the style choices of guests going to the park. Skin tight clothes accentuating every possible flabby bulge? I guess when it's most of the people now, everyone is obligated to pretend not to notice.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
It's not that Disney hasn't learned a lesson. It's that Disney believes we haven't learned OUR lesson.

Of course, the lessons they want us to learn are from their godless, humanist religion.

They'll keep forcing it down our throats until we comply or they go out of business.
Pookers
AG
The goal is to push marxism and to subvert society. They don't care about money.
rocky the dog
AG
Even Donald Duck has gone trans...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Logos Stick
The people running Disney are just doing what comes natural.

Tigers can't change their stripes.

The entire US entertainment world is filled with degenerates now.
Get Off My Lawn
Disney is arrogant. They're used to being formative to culture and as such don't worry about coloring within the lines. Now, due to a self selection bias fueled by a feedback loop (similar as education swinging hard left) they're staffed with cultural subversives, and those types are hard at work.

What the company doesn't understand is that these cancerous minions are termites quickly devouring the strengths of the brand. And that their ability to shape culture was due to cultural alignment: the fairy tales tended to be stories which resonated with the existing culture and thus they grafted on to culture. What they don't have, and don't get, is that they don't have a carte blanch charter to rewrite reality & what appeals to human nature.
TxTarpon
Easy to see why they are arrogant.
Maroon Dawn
AG
don't give the mouse a single dime whenever you can
CDUB98
AG
Despite all that Disney has done, they're not really hurting, so they have zero incentive to change.
BG Knocc Out
They truly believe they are righteous and that anyone who doesn't want their children exposed to psychotic deviant trash like that is a hate fueled nazi.

We are two vastly different countries/cultures and I just don't see how we make it more than a decade or so longer before some type of reckoning. Especially if the boundaries keep getting pushed more and more at such an insane rate.
TheEternalPessimist
Christ or Chaos.
The Banned
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

It's not that Disney hasn't learned a lesson. It's that Disney believes we haven't learned OUR lesson.

Of course, the lessons they want us to learn are from their godless, humanist religion.

They'll keep forcing it down our throats until we comply or they go out of business.

Can't wait for them to come out Joe Biden style and tell us all about how they're losing their patience.
Irish 2.0
CDUB98 said:

Despite all that Disney has done, they're not really hurting, so they have zero incentive to change.
Companies that aren't really hurting don't layoff 7k people and look to reduce costs by ~$6B. They're now trading back to their March 2020 cap.
Predmid
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

The own a lot of stuff....

agdoc2001
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I liked it better when he just did the commercials for Micro Machines
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CheeseSndwch
TxTarpon said:

Disney hasn't paid a dividend to its investors since the 16th of January 2020.
samurai_science
Predmid said:

Maroon Dawn said:

The own a lot of stuff....

Its easy to avoid 99% of that
BigBrother
AG
Weird how only 1 politician I'm aware of wants to fight this battle. Hmm. Who could it be?
AgNav93
AG
Logos Stick said:

The people running Disney are just doing what comes natural.

Tigers can't change their stripes.

The entire US entertainment world is filled with degenerates now.
It always has been. The public used to keep them in check.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

CDUB98 said:

Companies that aren't really hurting don't layoff 7k people and look to reduce costs by ~$6B. They're now trading back to their March 2020 cap.
Their theme parks may print cash but how much longer will that be enough? Short video explains their debt position going forward.

Irish 2.0
Disney+ has turned into an albatross
halfastros81
AG
I have a cousin who worked there . He's a very good animator and has also managed a good bit of animation work throughout his career . He is conservative and he basically could not stand the environment there any more. He calls it "toxic". He says there is absolutely zero tolerance for any thoughts outside the Disney mainstream , work related or otherwise. It is a part of their culture and they are quite simply never going to change . I say "never" is a long time and market forces are powerful but I also admit he knows the environment a heck of a lot better than I could Ever pretend to.
Sea Speed
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Up to this point changes in parks have been real subtle. It's been more of a removal of anything Christian related slowly over time. It's been a subtle addition of a few things here and there.

They have faced little push back and are still selling tickets.

I would imagine Disneyland will push the agenda first because most of their ticket sales are local whereas Disneyworld is mostly people traveling in. Locally for Disneyland they will still be able to sell tickets no matter how woke - it's California.

And that video is disgusting!

Santa was black when we went to mickeys Christmas party last year. Wtf.
TxTarpon
CheeseSndwch said:

TxTarpon said:

Disney hasn't paid a dividend to its investors since the 16th of January 2020.
Yep.
40 years of paying a dividend.
chase128
AG
We took our daughter to that Boutique at Disneyworld back in March and luckily that crap wasn't going on at that time.

The staff that was working the Boutique were very polite and helpful. My daughter couldn't decide on a dress and kept wanting to try on different ones but they staff was very patient. Staff was mostly women, but there was one man and he was dressed like a man and acted like a man. He was very respectful of the girls and the parents.

If that dude in a dress was there when my daughter had her appointment I'd have been pissed. We paid a **** ton of money for the experience. That guy being there would have made my kid extremely uncomfortable.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
The problem for me regarding the park is there's really no alternative. This isn't like switching to Miller Lite as opposed to Bud Light.

My kids have never been to Disney world. I want to take them in two years as a reward for my oldest graduating college, my middle one graduating high school, and the littlest one finishing her year in school. It would just be a once in a lifetime thing due to the high cost. What other alternative do I have for an experience like that? Six Flags? Gross.

The idea of giving that money to the mouse kills me but, my desire to see my girls all together having that experience trumps that.
M1Buckeye
CDUB98 said:

Not true at all. They're stock went down the toilet. Things aren't well at Disney.
CDUB98
AG
Welp, I swung and missed that one. Obviously haven't been paying enough attention.
halfastros81
AG
Rent an RV and go to visit Yellowstone , the Grand Canyon, etc. Way better imho altho I admit different strokes for different folks is a thing.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Disney+ has turned into an albatross
Universal will be wrecking them in attendance within the next few years, as well. They manage their content much better than Disney has. And the new deal with the rail spur to their parks will be very attractive to more travelers.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.