OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,300 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to post this and then duck.
Rapier108
For all the MAGA bluster that DeSantis has been ground to dust; they spend more time and energy on him than they do on Biden or any one else.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
lead
Ouch
PA24
AG
Rapier108 said:

For all the MAGA bluster that DeSantis has been ground to dust; they spend more time and energy on him than they do on Biden or any one else.
…due to the shear entertainment his followers are giving as he melts away.
aggiehawg
AG
Claverack said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

This has been discussed multiple times.
DeSantis will stay in for as long as DeSantis wants to stay in.
He has no reason to give up unless Trump offers him VP.
Wrong

He is a neglecting his job as a governor for an o close cause.

He is bleeding his investors who are banking him.

He's my Governor and he hasn't neglected ****

And every candidate ever bleeds their investors.

But you are pathetic for continuing to promote b.s. like this.
Best governor Florida has ever had and it is not even close.

Shame he can't run for a third term.
He changed the law to go after Reedy Creek. Changed the law so he wouldn't have to resign to run for President. Why can't he change that too?
Ag with kids
AG
PA24 said:

Rapier108 said:

…due to the shear entertainment his followers are giving as he melts away.
The shear entertainment of this primary is...well...pretty self-explanatory.

BigRobSA
Rapier108 said:

Libs gonna lib.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

I think it's funny that those have been the bingo words for almost a year…
My point is there are Trump grifters and Biden grifters and DeSantis grifters. Grifters, grifters everywhere. Are there more on this side or that? Sure. The greater point though is that some are much worse than others. When you see someone change their positions mid stream for instance and only see the flaws on one side and ignore or lie about them on their side. All do it to an extent, some are just much worse than others.

Anyway, feel free to get in a twist about it if you want.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

When I go back and watch Broadcast News every so often when it comes up it amazes me how much they nailed the change as it was happening in real time, now we have just devolved further and further.
With Holly Hunter and William Hurt? That was a good movie.

But Network with Faye Dunaway and Bill Holden was better in catching the overall decline in news. And that was years before CNN paid Saddam Hussein to be the only outlet allowed during the Gulf War.

And Peter Finch as Howard Beale

Yeah, I always liked Broadcast News better but I agree Network was the beginning. Most movies are complete crap but occasionally there are those that really hit a message or point in time.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
PA24
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

Facts or facts, you wrote he can stay in for a long time, that looks like his course. It takes a lot of funds to run a campaign, those investors are not going to forget their ROI on him in 2028.

Guess he is running Florida from his cell phone.
LMCane
is South Carolina primary winner take all delegates or proportional?
Phatbob
AG
PA24 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

Facts or facts, you wrote he can stay in for a long time, that looks like his course. It takes a lot of funds to run a campaign, those investors are not going to forget their ROI on him in 2028.

So you're saying he does a better job running Florida from his cell phone than Trump did as president in person? That's actually a pretty reasonable take from you...
aggie93
AG
PA24 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

DeSantis runs Florida from his cell phone 10x better than Abbott does from the Governor's mansion. Dude still racks up W's more than anyone and does it in the middle of his campaign. When you build a strong staff you can execute all kinds of things, he doesn't waste time on infighting or incompetence he just gets stuff done. This is just the last couple days. Too bad we don't seem to want this in DC.

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
LMCane
This is another statistic that the Trumpers never discuss:

SIX former American Presidents ran for the Presidency again after they were defeated.

Only ONE of them was successful.

So looks like Trump wants to be second behind Grover Cleveland.

however there are a lot of other jobs Trump can go for:

John Quincy Adams became a Congressman after being President

John Tyler became a Congressman in the Confederate States of American Congress (provisional) and died before assuming office in the full Confederate Congress

Andrew Johnson became a Senator after being the President and impeached and thrown out of the White House.
LMCane
I remember Clinton was not popular in the leftist primaries but had no idea it was this bad. all Desantis has to do is not give up and at least get to the convention with the second most amount of delegates

LMCane
poor Melania to be publicly humiliated by Trump spending all his time with Alina Habba while his mother in law was literally dying

apparently Melania is done with that and looking forward to divorce #4. but loyalty!!

FireAg
AG
LMCane said:

I remember Clinton was not popular in the leftist primaries but had no idea it was this bad. all Desantis has to do is not give up and at least get to the convention with the second most amount of delegates

Bud…I don't know how to tell you this…but that rule generally only applies to non-incumbent, contested races…

While this race is amongst non-incumbents, Trump polls like an incumbent…

It's apples and oranges…
Rapier108
LMCane said:

Andrew Johnson became a Senator after being the President and impeached and thrown out of the White House.
Johnson was impeached, but not convicted. He served the remainder of the term.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
LMCane
seriously, has anyone in real life ever seen a husband and wife after the funeral of one of their parents- take different cars home and not hug each other, kiss each other or at least hold hands. you can see how Melania is now super skinny and basically chewing Trump out, he turns meekly and walks to another vehicle. after a funeral!!

so it's okay for Trump to be disloyal to all his wives, but DeSantis is shunned because 6 years ago Trump sent out a tweet to vote for him?!?!

our latest iteration of insanity. you guys are on your own- I'm heading to early FIRE retirement in Melbourne, Florida and we are putting up roadblocks to anyone else trying to invade our state.

PA24
AG
aggie93 said:

PA24 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

DeSantis runs Florida from his cell phone 10x better than Abbott does from the Governor's mansion. Dude still racks up W's more than anyone and does it in the middle of his campaign. When you build a strong staff you can execute all kinds of things, he doesn't waste time on infighting or incompetence he just gets stuff done. This is just the last couple days. Too bad we don't seem to want this in DC.

consider he is currently polling single digit numbers in all upcoming states, he has the time.

BUT he is no Abbott, I bet wished he would have followed Abbott lead and endorsed Trump rather than challenge him.

Dude even had the rules changed in Florida so he could stay governor, he knew it was a stupid idea to run but still did it.

aggie93
AG
LMCane said:

To be fair everyone skipped Iowa as Harkin was Governor of Iowa and they so no point that year. Harkin faded fast after that.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
PA24 said:

aggie93 said:

PA24 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

consider he is currently polling single digit numbers in all upcoming states, he has the time.

BUT he is no Abbott, I bet wished he would have followed Abbott lead and endorsed Trump rather than challenge him.

Dude even had the rules changed in Florida so he could stay governor, he knew it was a stupid idea to run but still did it.

If you seriously are glad Abbott is the Governor of Texas than DeSantis I'd say you are in a really, really small minority that thinks the main qualification for being Governor is loyalty to Trump.

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
I have mixed emotions on Abbott, but I know Texas could have worse…

Love what he has done shipping illegals north…that effort alone earns my vote…
FL_Ag1998
AG

[We've been making this point in staff notes recently but we'll reiterate here. Negative comments toward a political candidate are fair game and part of political discourse. Disrespectful comments to other posters however, are out of bounds. These can take the shape of direct insults or indirect comments towards "the supporters" of candidate A, B, or whoever. We will issue bans for this behavior as it is not conducive to a respectful dialogue on this forum. Repeat offenders will earn longer timeouts -- Staff]
FireAg
AG

[Ditto -- Staff]
Who?mikejones!
He better kiss that ring
J. Walter Weatherman
PA24 said:

aggie93 said:

PA24 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

PA24 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Wrong

Considering Trump will thankfully be gone forever from politics after he loses again next fall, I'm pretty sure DeSantis doesn't wish this at all.
LMCane
aggie93
AG
LMCane said:

He's fine guys, totally fine. Let's talk about how Biden looks worse and the only thing we should worry about is if our candidate looks like he has less dementia than he does. We can't expect to have someone who is mentally sharp and doesn't do this kind of thing. Oh, and Trump is Superman so don't worry he won't get any worse as he gets into his 80s.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Candace just is amazing. She has spent the last 6 months going scorched Earth on DeSantis and alternating her love for Trump who is the "Father of the Vaccine" and Vivek who literally made all of his Billions in Pharma and pushed the Vax. Now that it looks like Trump is inevitable she is tweeting Massie and talking about how dangerous the vax is and how Pharma companies are colluding with the government to push it on you and get paid.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Um, some of the Trump stuff is just bizarre. Lot of this out there.

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

And the Democrat's ammo cache just keeps growing an growing.

Same for the video above of Trump's brain shorting out.
aggie93
AG
DeSantis still drawing crowds btw

Ronald Reagan
PA24
AG
Rapier108 said:

aggie93 said:

And the Democrat's ammo cache just keeps growing an growing.

Same for the video above of Trump's brain shorting out.
Rapier

If you can prove this came from the Trump camp, you may be on to something. It looks madeup.
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.