OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

424,903 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

1. God is real.
he does not believe in God.

this point #1 is pandering with something he doesn't believe.

i too see why he is gaining traction. people are suckers.
Phatbob
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

1. God is real.
he does not believe in God.

this point #1 is pandering with something he doesn't believe.

i too see why he is gaining traction. people are suckers.
I'll give him that on his list. He believes in a god, just not mine. As long as we know that and he doesn't misrepresent that, I'm not going to begrudge him strong belief
CREAg87
AG
He also wants more immigration so long as its "skilled"- so his border comment is just red meat for people who do no research beyond reading a list of bullet points.

Just a couple of days ago he made some utterly dumb post about sex-ed in schools (Wait Until Eight- 'casuse its Rhymes!)

On the surface I get why some like him- he speaks relatively well and say a lot of the right things. Ultimately though, he has no real track record and I cannot trust what he says to be anything more than campaign talk.
Keep your rifle by your side
Old May Banker
AG
BMX Bandit
Quote:

I'll give him that on his list. He believes in a god, just not mine. As long as we know that and he doesn't misrepresent that, I'm not going to begrudge him strong belief
the way he phrases is a misrepresentation. he does not believe in "God." he believes in thousands of deities.

personally, that would not stop me from voting for him. but he is couching the phrase so Christians will like it.
FTAC2011
AG
"Hinduism has monotheistic (one God) as well as polytheistic (many Gods) elements: the one Ultimate Reality or Supreme Being (Brahman) also exists simultaneously in the deities of the Creator (Brahma), the Sustainer (Vishnu) and the Destroyer (Shiva)."

https://tfhc.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/252221/nt-hinduism-fact-sheet.pdf

Old May Banker
AG
FTAC2011 said:

"Hinduism has monotheistic (one God) as well as polytheistic (many Gods) elements: the one Ultimate Reality or Supreme Being (Brahman) also exists simultaneously in the deities of the Creator (Brahma), the Sustainer (Vishnu) and the Destroyer (Shiva)."

https://tfhc.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/252221/nt-hinduism-fact-sheet.pdf

FTAC2011
AG
FYI I'm not defending Hinduism. I'm a Christian. I just was reading and they do have an "ultimate, supreme God"
Old May Banker
AG
I get it... I just saw Brahman was their god and posted that pic.

I love humpies.
BMX Bandit
if you have monothesitic and polythesitic "Elements" then you are, but definition, polytheistic
FTAC2011
AG
Again…… I'm not defending Hinduism or even stating that they have one god. Vivek's statement is that "God is real" and that falls in line with his religion.
Showertime at the Bidens

Agree 100%

Hero worship and celebrity candidates are what happens in the middle east and banana republics.

TRM
AG
Yup, they'd say we broke out the wildfire machine.
TRM
AG
DeSantis should skip the debate and do a CNN townhall Wednesday night.
Old May Banker
AG
Such a clown.
TRM
AG
Forgot his gem about Powell. He's such a horrible manager.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
LMCane
TRM said:

need 98 more just like that!
LMCane
TRM said:

Live Free or Die
lead
TRM said:

Who? The Dr only has 700 Twitter followers???
lead
Do
TRM
AG
It goes towards winning at the precinct level. Van Buren county is small There are thresholds at the precinct level and if they don't reach that threshold, then they can choose from those above the threshold. DeSantis is going to dominate the pretenders in the rural counties since they aren't working the rural areas.
LMCane
The endless gaslighting by Trump to pretend he is still the actual President rather than losing to Biden and becoming a FORMER President:

Formally Addressing the Former President

When addressing a former President of the United States in a formal setting, the correct form is "Mr. Last Name."

"President Last Name" or "Mr. President" are terms reserved for the current head of state.

This is true for other ex-officials, as well. When talking about the person to a third party, on the other hand, it's appropriate to say, "Former President Last Name."

This holds for introductions, as well: A current state governor is introduced as "Governor Tom Smith," while you'd introduce an ex-governor as "former Governor Jim Bell."

Emily Post Rules of Official Etiquette

FireAg
AG
What happens if, after all of the sizable work DeSantis has put into his Iowa ground game, Trump still wins the caucus?
Phatbob
AG
What happens if we get hit by an asteroid... I don't know, but we'll deal with it if it happens.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

What happens if, after all of the sizable work DeSantis has put into his Iowa ground game, Trump still wins the caucus?
If it's close we will see how it develops. If it is a blowout then Trump is going to be hard to stop. Well, until he loses Goldwater style in November.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Im Gipper
FireAg said:

Then it's over. And all should back. I've already said I will.

I'm Gipper
aggie93
AG
LMCane said:

C@LAg said:

TRM said:

Dumb Trump influencer and law clerk. Cornell Law should be proud of the talent it puts out.

LIVs confirmed.
How is it that the Trumpworld celebrates and broadcasts that instead of campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire-

Trump literally spends entire weekends with the Saudis and Laura Loomer GOLFING at his country club??!

but how many of his supporters think Trump is "just like them"!?!?!?
Loomer bragged about spending 5 hours with Trump on the same day Trump spent 47 minutes in Iowa. It's staggering.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Depending on how big of a win it is, then the primary would probably be over and congrats to Biden on 4 more years.
FTAC2011
AG
I will vote desantis in primary. Trump in general if he wins it.

We have to get Biden out.
TRM
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

If it's close we will see how it develops. If it is a blowout then Trump is going to be hard to stop. Well, until he loses Goldwater style in November.
I think it depends on the shape of the blowout. 39% to say 14% with the other 10(?) candidates split the rest of the vote might force some dropouts before NH, but I hope we can whittle down the field before IA.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

We have to get Biden out

They will run Newsome IMHO.... and it will be a beat down.
aggie93
AG
TRM said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

I think it depends on the shape of the blowout. 39% to say 14% with the other 10(?) candidates split the rest of the vote might force some dropouts before NH, but I hope we can whittle down the field before IA.
Realistically if those are the numbers that's going to be a very tough slog. Iowa sets up well for DeSantis. NH is kind of mixed. SC is good for Trump. NV is mixed. Of course Trump will be in the middle of his first trial getting ready for the others at that time too. Crazy scenarios.

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

Not sure anyone with R next to their name can win until voting security is addressed…and that applies to DeSantis as well…
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.