OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,218 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old May Banker said:

Im Gipper said:

Must do what Orangemangod say. Must do.

There's plenty of the same on old f16 threads.
Yep, lots of people were singing DeSantis' praise until he decided to challenge the god king and then he became Satan incarnate who must be destroyed and ground to dust.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Some of the pics of Trump when he isn't posing are looking terrible, this is a back shot of him and Loomer.

Thought that was Chris Christie for a minute.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CREAg87
AG
Is that pic shopped or AI? If not, Trump looks even wore than I thought.
Keep your rifle by your side
Old May Banker
AG
That pic has to be shopped....
agz win
AG
Definitely photoshopped. He looked trimmed down by trainer and dietician in Iowa probably in anticipation for his cell mate.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Much better answer than Vivek.
TRM
AG
Team Trump doxxing people.
TRM
AG
He looked poor in that video with Loomer
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Much better answer than Vivek.

See what you don't get is that China will do exactly what Vivek tells them to do because he'll tell them, "Hey, I mean business!"
TRM
AG
Nothing like fighting the swamp by following the advice of Dems.
aggie93
AG
CREAg87 said:

Is that pic shopped or AI? If not, Trump looks even wore than I thought.
Seeing that it may well have been shopped after all, my bad. He still didn't look great. I will edit the other pic.

This was the real pic but the bottom is edited.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
agz win
AG
TRM said:

Wow. You're right. I agree and the aging really shows up. Stamina won't be far behind.
No Spin Ag
agz win said:

TRM said:

Wow. You're right. I agree and the aging really shows up. Stamina won't be far behind.

He reminds of a geriatric one step away from 80 and two steps away from the nursing home. Wait...
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rapier108
His stamina is long gone.

In 2016 and 2020 he held endless rallies and could go non-stop.

Now he does a few events a month, maybe one rally. The rest don't require him to do anything show up, stand around for while, maybe make a short speech to a room full of people, and then leave.
aggie93
AG
Trump looks a lot like my Dad at the same age, he started going down fast around then. Sorry but it's a valid topic and I am not at all convinced he is physically and mentally capable of handling the Presidency until he is 82. I think he could be a cool old man who still has spunk but that's not remotely the same thing. I'm even more concerned because the people around him suck and he will have to delegate a ton, no way he is putting in 14 hour days and mentally staying on top of everything.

Yes, I know Biden but that's only making my point.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Old May Banker
AG
No man can outrun father time.... he catches up to all at different ages, but anyone pretending an 80 year old is immune from it is disingenuous at best.
Matt Hooper
AG
Undeniable truth. Everywhere, always.
Hooper Drives the Boat
The Banned
Old May Banker said:

No man can outrun father time.... he catches up to all at different ages, but anyone pretending an 80 year old is immune from it is disingenuous at best.

Best thing trump could have done is said a man his age has no business running for president. Gives himself good reason to bow out for the next generation and dunk on Biden simultaneously. Instead….
Old May Banker
AG
Completely agree.
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

His stamina is long gone.

In 2016 and 2020 he held endless rallies and could go non-stop.

Now he does a few events a month, maybe one rally. The rest don't require him to do anything show up, stand around for while, maybe make a short speech to a room full of people, and then leave.
Yet as self centered, "its all about me", as ever. I have no idea how a conservative can support this jack-ass after what he has done in the last 4 months. I'm all for him going away and letting true conservatives right the ship.
TRM
AG
Full DeSantis interview on CNBC.
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
Ags77
AG
aggie93 said:

MIC DROP
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

Where does he stand on the debt ceiling, and does he have the testicular fortitude to shut down the government, federal employees be damned, to get debt spending under control?
BurnetAggie99
I see DeSantis cutting spending overall but in one place he won't is Military/National Defense. I could see him actually increasing National Defense/Military Spending with the threat of China.
LMCane
Mark Meadows has not really attacked Trump before this- although Trump of course labeled him stupid and a failure (who isn't stupid and a failure hired by Trump over those four years?!)

but Meadows is not going to go to prison to protect Trump.

He is going to flip as well as Jenna Ellis.

Powell and Eastman and Giuliani and Clark may be willing to go to prison for Trump, but alot of those other conspirators will not.

they are going to testify against Trump.
LMCane
Even Biden if he wanted to (and he would have a lot of pressure from his left NEVER to pardon Trump)

even he can't pardon Trump for these Georgia indictments.

Even Governor Kemp can't pardon Trump

(not that he would want to either after Trump has literally campaigned against him and slanders him at every opportunity)

It certainly seems this Atlanta arrest will be Trump's most dangerous and have the best chance of sending him to jail.
LMCane
Trump's fundraisers for his legal teams now have EIGHTEEN ADDITIONAL defendants to hire attorneys for!!

aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

Where does he stand on the debt ceiling, and does he have the testicular fortitude to shut down the government, federal employees be damned, to get debt spending under control?
No way to prove that of course but his track record is damn near flawless. His Lifetime rating from the ACU in Congress was 99.36% (he voted on a Hurricane Relief Bill to "ruin" his perfect record). He helped found the Freedom Caucus. He was one of the VERY few Republicans that opposed Paul Ryan as Speaker primarily over reasons like this. He held himself to Term Limits. He refused a Congressional Pension even though he is not a wealthy man. Then of course his economic record in Florida is incredible and they are not only running big surpluses while operating at half the budget of NY with better results he has been paying down their debt to the point where it could be completely gone in the next few years. He certainly has shown he is willing to stand up for what he believes when it comes to Disney and Covid among other things.

There literally is not much else he could possibly do to prove himself as sincere and capable.

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
LMCane said:

Even Biden if he wanted to (and he would have a lot of pressure from his left NEVER to pardon Trump)

(not that he would want to either after Trump has literally campaigned against him and slanders him at every opportunity)

It certainly seems this Atlanta arrest will be Trump's most dangerous and have the best chance of sending him to jail.
Regardless of what we think of them, sending a POTUS to jail should not be something any of us celebrate...

Awfully dangerous precedents we are setting as a country...
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

No way to prove that of course but his track record is damn near flawless. His Lifetime rating from the ACU in Congress was 99.36% (he voted on a Hurricane Relief Bill to "ruin" his perfect record). He helped found the Freedom Caucus. He was one of the VERY few Republicans that opposed Paul Ryan as Speaker primarily over reasons like this. He held himself to Term Limits. He refused a Congressional Pension even though he is not a wealthy man. Then of course his economic record in Florida is incredible and they are not only running big surpluses while operating at half the budget of NY with better results he has been paying down their debt to the point where it could be completely gone in the next few years. He certainly has shown he is willing to stand up for what he believes when it comes to Disney and Covid among other things.

There literally is not much else he could possibly do to prove himself as sincere and capable.
The debt limit increases need to stop...federal employee jobs be damned...

I want a President who has the balls to do this and not cave to pressure...no matter how ugly it gets...
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

When even MTG says someone is insane, you know that person is off the rail nuts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-fawns-very-special-laura-loomer-new-video

Of course, according the Cult45, MTG is now "deep state" and a "plant" designed to hurt Trump.

only hires the best and greatest people!!

if you wanted to make an international joke of the GOP and lead them to endless defeats-

you could not create a better vehicle for that than Donald Trump since 2017
LMCane
FireAg said:

LMCane said:

Regardless of what we think of them, sending a POTUS to jail should not be something any of us celebrate...

Awfully dangerous precedents we are setting as a country...
Eh, plenty of other countries have leaders who have been sentenced to jail, had their heads cut off, forced into exile.

and they are still democracies.

it's not the end of the world.

isn't that what "NO MAN IS ABOVE THE LAW" is supposed to mean?!
Rapier108
Can we please keep all the Trump legal problems to the countless other threads about it?
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.