OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,004 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Trump is a trash human.

I really don't understand supporting him with a vote, let alone with money.
Every analysis demonstrates that the voters of the Trump base are the least educated Americans in the country..

so even if they would care that he is a lying, narcissistic, cad who steals their money-

they don't do any research or investigate Trump or DeSantis policies or real events outside their own lives.

they hear a soundbite or see a bumper sticker and like it.
And that's the fundamental problem. I know a lot of Trumpers from back home and they care not one whit about the issues, the stances, the fact that DT is grifting them for his legal defense. They just know about the steal and "trump kicks ass! Talks sh** like Lane Kiffin". I mean that's literally their defense of the man. I just want to smack them…….folks, we are on the precipice of this country going straight down the crapper and we need a serious mind with serious ideas about how to get the ship righted. We've got the most principled conservative since Reagan staring us right in the face and all you're interested in is name calling and Mini Mike impersonations. It's frustrating
LMCane
dixichkn said:

LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Trump is a trash human.

Every analysis demonstrates that the voters of the Trump base are the least educated Americans in the country..

so even if they would care that he is a lying, narcissistic, cad who steals their money-

they don't do any research or investigate Trump or DeSantis policies or real events outside their own lives.

And that's the fundamental problem. I know a lot of Trumpers from back home and they care not one whit about the issues, the stances, the fact that DT is grifting them for his legal defense. They just know about the steal and "trump kicks ass! Talks sh** like Lane Kiffin". I mean that's literally their defense of the man. I just want to smack them…….folks, we are on the precipice of this country going straight down the crapper and we need a serious mind with serious ideas about how to get the ship righted. We've got the most principled conservative since Reagan staring us right in the face and all you're interested in is name calling and Mini Mike impersonations. It's frustrating

You are preaching the truth brother

the only solution is to try to educate one or two of them at a time.

hopefully the patriots in Iowa will save the Republic as in days of yore- and that will change the entire calculus of the race if DeSantis can puncture the "polls and myth of invincibility" bs.

but unfortunately a large percentage of Americans are idiots on both the left and right.
CREAg87
AG
Keep your rifle by your side
aggie93
AG
LMCane said:

dixichkn said:

LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Trump is a trash human.

You are preaching the truth brother

the only solution is to try to educate one or two of them at a time.

hopefully the patriots in Iowa will save the Republic as in days of yore- and that will change the entire calculus of the race if DeSantis can puncture the "polls and myth of invincibility" bs.

but unfortunately a large percentage of Americans are idiots on both the left and right.
The cracks are there. The perception that Trump supporters want to go down with the ship is a false one, that's only a small portion of Trump voters. These legal expense issues are dangerous for Trump. The lack of attendance at a rally is an issue for Trump. The low energy speeches are an issue for Trump.

Live by the brand and die by it. When people vote on emotion and appearances that can flip quickly. There is no single thing more dangerous for the Trump campaign than for people to realize he is old and has lost his fastball.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
Rapier108 said:

As expected, Cult45 doesn't care that much of their money is going to Trump's legal fees. If you don't support Trump spending all this money on himself, you support Biden, Smith, and Garland.

More unnecessary name calling…it's getting old…
FireAg
AG
And more…
FireAg
AG
More "cult" talk…some of y'all just don't get it…
FireAg
AG
LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Trump is a trash human.

That is pure opinion on your part…there happen to be quite a few Trump hardliners that are actually quite educated…it's easier to call someone "dumb" when you disagree with their stance than it is to take the time to understand them…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Trump is a trash human.

That is pure opinion on your part…there happen to be quite a few Trump hardliners that are actually quite educated…it's easier to call someone "dumb" when you disagree with their stance than it is to take the time to understand them…
It's simply a fact that Trump voters tend to be non college educated and rural while DeSantis tends to do better with intellectual conservatives and Suburban types. Are there exceptions? Yes, MANY. Still that's the base of the 2 campaigns. I don't think namecalling on anyone is productive though.

We have discussed the "cult" thing before many times. To me there is a distinctive difference between the majority who just like Trump or think he is the best candidate and the minority who think everything Trump does is amazing and wonderful and would defend him like Laura Loomer no matter what he did. Those folks are "cult" like. It's just hard to separate them. It's also hard to hold your fire when there are literally no limits on what Trump supporters will say about DeSantis or his supporters that are easily disproved lies.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Rapier108 said:

As expected, Cult45 doesn't care that much of their money is going to Trump's legal fees. If you don't support Trump spending all this money on himself, you support Biden, Smith, and Garland.

More unnecessary name calling…it's getting old…

Name calling like "Rob DeSanctus" etc? Weird, I haven't seen you complain much about that.
FireAg
AG
Going after a candidate is one thing…calling supporters names continues to be cliche and unnecessary…
TRM
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

Going after a candidate is one thing…calling supporters names continues to be cliche and unnecessary…
In 2016, when I didn't get on the Trump train fast enough for their liking, I got some grief as well. But that in the immediate lead up to the primaries, during the debates and heading into Iowa.

But this stuff started way too early not to be a part of some astro turf operation. The similarity of the wording of posts is the biggest tell, in my view. I just first saw Burgum ,Governor of ND this morning. Liked him and wanted to hear what he had to say. Going through the individual GOP candidates to come to my own conclusions apparently is not allowed nor approved of in these parts much now.
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Either you have a problem with name calling or you don't. Do you think Trump's 3rd grade nicknames for the other candidates are appropriate?
shack009
AG
You're allowed to come to your own conclusions. The problem is that it's conclusive that DeSantis is the best proven conservative who has delivered tangible results in the field. He also has the best chance of beating Biden, as most polls show.

If someone who calls themselves a conservative thinks Haley or Scott or Trump is the best option, that is provably ridiculous and deserves ridicule.

I like Vivek, but he's completely unproven. DeSantis turned Florida in to one of the reddest states in the country by being extremely conservative. It makes no logical sense to not be on board with him. Thus, the shame towards people who claim to be conservative. If facts, data, and logic haven't led you to DeSantis, the only way to convince you is by shaming your silly beliefs.
FireAg
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

FireAg said:

Either you have a problem with name calling or you don't. Do you think Trump's 3rd grade nicknames for the other candidates are appropriate?

Mods on this board have posted warnings about name calling supporters, while reiterating that candidates are fair game…
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

FireAg said:

Mods on this board have posted warnings about name calling supporters, while reiterating that candidates are fair game…

It's a pretty simple question - do you have a problem with a candidate using 3rd grade nicknames in the same way you apparently have a problem with random message board posters using them? If not, is there a reason you're holding random message board posters to a higher standard than someone running for the most important job in the world?
Phatbob
AG
Charpie
AG
Highly educated people being offended by name calling who support trump. Something doesn't compute
AndesAg92
AG
Dems have to be loving the hardcore Trump forever folks these days. They and Trump are the main reason we won't win this election cycle as of now.
aggie93
AG
AndesAg92 said:

Dems have to be loving the hardcore Trump forever folks these days. They and Trump are the main reason we won't win this election cycle as of now.
Long way to go, it will get worse before it gets better but the only certain thing is things will change.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

In 2016, when I didn't get on the Trump train fast enough for their liking, I got some grief as well. But that in the immediate lead up to the primaries, during the debates and heading into Iowa.

But this stuff started way too early not to be a part of some astro turf operation. The similarity of the wording of posts is the biggest tell, in my view. I just first saw Burgum ,Governor of ND this morning. Liked him and wanted to hear what he had to say. Going through the individual GOP candidates to come to my own conclusions apparently is not allowed nor approved of in these parts much now.
I actually like what I have heard from Burgum. I don't see a path for him but he comes across as genuine and has a nice mix of real world and political experience. Just a tough cycle to break through with Trump and DeSantis fighting it out. I hope to hear more from him though and he seems to be staying positive.

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
Retail politics in NH

TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Noblemen06
AG
The full Megyn Kelly - DeSantis interview is a really good listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-megyn-kelly-show/id1532976305?i=1000622694772

I think Kelly is in DeSantis' corner, despite the way the Disney clip comes across. I won't be surprised to hear her being pro-DeSantis in her coverage & commentary going forward.
TRM
AG
Noblemen06 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-megyn-kelly-show/id1532976305?i=1000622694772

I think Kelly is in DeSantis' corner, despite the way the Disney clip comes across. I won't be surprised to hear her being pro-DeSantis in her coverage & commentary going forward.
She talks about it some in the behind the scenes tidbits.
aggiehawg
AG
Lying? Oops.
TRM
AG
Lying about what? You can see that she likes him in the clip.
aggie93
AG
Noblemen06 said:

I'd be happy with her just treating him fairly and honestly. Listening to her up to this point there were many times it was clear she didn't know much about him other than what she had heard from others.

Ronald Reagan
Old May Banker
AG
VDH was also very complimentary of the governor in his segment.
DD88
AG
Sununu has a strong opinion on Trump

Old May Banker
AG
I think he's gonna prove to be right.
TRM
AG

Phatbob
AG
How dare he attack our beloved president... he can't just throw words like "juvenile" out there like that! It's just not presidential and it hurts Trumps' followers feelings!
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.