OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,106 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's July 28th and I am still voting for Ron the primary, he's the only conservative in the race.
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Correct…and thus you can't ever truly drain the swamp in a sustainable way…not even Jesus Christ could…

We need to end the constitution to truly drain the swamp…there is quite literally no other way other than armed conflict…

Great. Would you like to start a new thread about that? And then you can continue to complain with no realistic solutions all you want. Back in reality we're discussing the two most likely candidates for the republican nomination.
ttu_85
FireAg said:

Y'all continue your infighting about this man vs that man, when we should all be focused on actually making changes that will make a difference…

Everything else is wasted energy…
I agree with the sentiment here and I understand what you are saying but for that to happen requires some special leadership Trump is to self centered to apply. Those changes you speak of are going to be exceptionally expensive and unpleasant.
FireAg
AG
ttu_85 said:

FireAg said:

Y'all continue your infighting about this man vs that man, when we should all be focused on actually making changes that will make a difference…

I agree with the sentiment here and I understand what you are saying but for that to happen requires some special leadership Trump is to self centered to apply. Those changes you speak of are going to be exceptionally expensive and unpleasant.

You're damn right it requires special leadership…

We agree…

But I don't see any candidate trying to run on those principles…why?

That is rhetorical because we all know why…

Our country is stuck in a cycle where the lowly masses battle each other with our words and our fists, while the elites, on both sides, run things and profit…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

But he can't fire CONGRESS…that's one of the biggest issues…
True, but Legislation is only one part of the problem and DeSantis has some very smart people around him that understand how to write and push legislation. For one thing he isn't running around screaming at everyone and making enemies directly.

Also you are missing the part where he knows he needs 2 terms. It's not like he walked into a massive majority with smooth sailing as Governor. He racked up wins and made the case for issues and fought every day to win little victory after little victory. Then in 2022 he rode a big wave of popularity and got a Super Majority and put the fear of God into any Republican that dared oppose him and got it done. Obviously DC is much harder and more complicated but remember he was in the House for 6 years, he knows how the game is played.

If your measure if complete and total victory over the Swamp then I agree that's unrealistic. If your measure if making big gains and reversing the course to set up a long term solution he's got by far the best plan I have seen and it is incredibly well thought out.

BTW, what is to say if he is the nominee he can't get a solid House and Senate Majority? The Senate map is favorable and if you have a GOP nominee with momentum they can definitely move the needle. There is no magic bullet but that's why you should listen to someone who at least understands that vs Trump saying "I'll fire everyone and fix it all in 6 months!"
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
TRM said:

agz win said:

Is it televised? DeSantis will have to defend his slavery comments but most interesting will be if donald can handle the pressures on having a civil discussion on something other than his investigations.
It's not a debate but 10 minute speeches, but it will be interesting to see the responses from the crowd.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?529533-1/republican-presidential-candidates-campaign-iowa-gop-lincoln-dinner
Starting now. First up Haley.
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

ttu_85 said:

FireAg said:

You're damn right it requires special leadership…

We agree…

But I don't see any candidate trying to run on those principles…why?

That is rhetorical because we all know why…

Our country is stuck in a cycle where the lowly masses battle each other with our words and our fists, while the elites, on both sides, run things and profit…
There is not a Reagan waiting in the wings this time. Ted Cruz is possibly the closest but lacks the charisma and style of Reagan.

I keep going back to 1964. Goldwater was not the right candidate against LBJ wearing the mantle of the slain JFK. Just was not going to win. He should have waited and fought it out with Nixon in the 1968 primary. That would have been his time. 1968 was a nightmare year in general.
BigRobSA
Desantis is the closest we have had to Reagan since, well, Reagan.

A conservative with an actual ground game and an IQ above his shoe size....all unlike Trump.
aggiehawg
AG
BigRobSA said:

A conservative with an actual ground game and an IQ above his shoe size....all unlike Trump.
Ron does not have the same cache Reagan did. He just doesn't. The Hollywood group is against him, even if they are lying through their teeth.

DeSantis did the right thing with Disney. I have been very clear on that. I am not against him, just want to see him gain some ground here.

Sue me.
ttu_85
aggiehawg said:

BigRobSA said:

Ron does not have the same cache Reagan did. He just doesn't. The Hollywood group is against him, even if they are lying through their teeth.

DeSantis did the right thing with Disney. I have been very clear on that. I am not against him, just want to see him gain some ground here.

Sue me.
Good post and I understand your frustrations, but may I suggest waiting until at least half time before declaring DeSantis's ground game dead. Its very early in the game.
TRM
AG
Troll game on point.
TRM
AG
Good ad. Should have been put out earlier.
Claverack
DeSantis personally is the most impressive of candidates. On point. On message. Hits hard exactly when and where required.

If I could give him anything, then I would go back in a time machine and give him Lee A****er to run his campaign.

He needs a campaign operation moving as quickly as he does on a podium or at a presser.

Right now it is too slow to react and not nasty enough when it needs to be.

An A****er would fix that issue quickly.

Rapier108
Latest line of attack from MAGA. They forget, err ignore, Trump did let a man compete in Miss Universe in 2012.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG
Love the mug.
Old May Banker
AG
GET
DONE
aggie93
AG
Yeah, I think Ron did pretty well on winning over Megyn Kelly even if she gave him a hard interview:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
Glad to see that response by Kelly after watching the clip of her b.s. Disney argument in their interview. And to her point about what Desantis was like in their private dinner, I didn't see the whole interview Desantis did with Clay Travis but in the little bit I did see what I loved was that Desantis was laid back and dressed down in that interview and you got to see what he's like outside the suit and tie guy on the job. And the laid back version of Desantis is one that I think a lot of voters will like and relate to. He absolutely needs to present that side of him to the voters more and more.
ttu_85
aggie93 said:

Yeah, I think Ron did pretty well on winning over Megyn Kelly even if she gave him a hard interview:

In others words, smart, very smart, great loving family, deep, and funny. A total bad ass that needs to get his message past the MSM and its use of Trump drama to block the truth.

Oh and Megyn Kelly is still hot.
LMCane
TRM said:

agz win said:

Is it televised? DeSantis will have to defend his slavery comments but most interesting will be if donald can handle the pressures on having a civil discussion on something other than his investigations.
It's not a debate but 10 minute speeches, but it will be interesting to see the responses from the crowd.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?529533-1/republican-presidential-candidates-campaign-iowa-gop-lincoln-dinner
Every clip I have seen of DeSantis at the dinner last night in Iowa on Twitter has massive applause

He was the best I have ever seen- up tempo, energetic, speaking flawlessly and quickly.

He was on fire and the audience saw all that live- I think Ron gained a lot of support after last night in Iowa.

From everything I see on socials, Trump seemed old, worn down and whiny.
LMCane
TRM said:

agz win said:

it's really interesting seeing Anne Coulter be a huge supporter of anyone other than Trump- pretty sure she is backing DeSantis.

she was making fun of how not funny Nikki Haley is.
Claverack
Megyn Kelly did what she is supposed to do. Ask tough questions and allow the individual to respond.

Compare that to Nicole Wallace over at NBC, who no doubt needs treatment for venereal disease after that oral stimulation of an interview she provided Pedo Pete about a month ago.

LMCane
FireAg said:

That's not a plan…that's rhetoric…

What will he do to make a diffidence? Something some of you don't appreciate is how badly the swamp doesn't want to be drained…on both sides…

And that's the biggest obstacle…
serious answer to you-

try actually READING THE ARTICLES AND WATCHING THE VIDEOS WE POST ON THIS THREAD.

you clearly haven't-

because DeSantis talks all the time about his plans to lessen the power of the bureaucracy and the power of the FBI and DOJ.

We have posted DOZENS of articles and videos of him explaining his plans out of his own mouth.

We literally are providing you the answer so you don't even have to research it yourself- is it too much to ask to just click on the links?!?
LMCane
Stlkofta said:

Megyn Kelly did what she is supposed to do. Ask tough questions and allow the individual to respond.

Compare that to Nicole Wallace over at NBC, who no doubt needs treatment for venereal disease after that oral stimulation of an interview she provided Pedo Pete about a month ago.

are you referring to Buddigeieg? I don't watch MSNBC ever.
LMCane
ttu_85 said:

aggie93 said:

In others words, smart, very smart, great loving family, deep, and funny. A total bad ass that needs to get his message past the MSM and its use of Trump drama to block the truth.

Oh and Megyn Kelly is still hot.
TTU on point 100% as always
LMCane
FL_Ag1998 said:

Glad to see that response by Kelly after watching the clip of her b.s. Disney argument in their interview. And to her point about what Desantis was like in their private dinner, I didn't see the whole interview Desantis did with Clay Travis but in the little bit I did see what I loved was that Desantis was laid back and dressed down in that interview and you got to see what he's like outside the suit and tie guy on the job. And the laid back version of Desantis is one that I think a lot of voters will like and relate to. He absolutely needs to present that side of him to the voters more and more.
for those who know history- DeSantis is very much in the mold of Reagan.

fierce warriors but able to joke around like normal Americans at the barbecue because both grew up in middle class environments working their own way to the top with no handouts.

historians will be wondering over Trump's hold on the lower uneducated classes for centuries (not that I think the planet and humanity will live for centuries but the aliens who find the videos will wonder about it)

a guy who grew up in privilege, his father was a multi-millionaire, who dodged the draft in Vietnam and made hundreds of millions of dollars. now begging his elderly supporters to send him money to pay for his legal bills.

insanity!
TRM
AG
Good for Matt calling out this BS
Rapier108
TRM said:

Good for Matt calling out this BS

It really isn't even about DeSantis and Trump that certain Republicans are jumping on the Kamala bandwagon.

When it comes to anything about slavery, black issues, or race/racism, black Republicans will generally take the left's side/position every single time.

It is amazing how many, even educated people, think the Republicans are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, KKK, etc.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've been generally happy with Hunt on race issues but he seems to be missing th boat here.
BigRobSA
TRM said:

Love the mug.

I need that mug. Been a mantra of mine for decades.

Friends: "Why do you only sleep a couple hours a day and work the other 22?"

Me : "**** needs to get done."
Rapier108
MAGA is mad again. Must be a day ending in Y.

The Banned
Rapier108 said:

MAGA is mad again. Must be a day ending in Y.

Says desantis needs to be more aware of how he comes off and then misspeaks and says capital police were fire bombing.

Also, Lindell tv? That's a thing?
Rapier108
Bannon pushing a Trump-RFK ticket.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/steve-bannon-if-robert-kennedy-was-ticket-trump/

Guess MAGA doesn't care that RFK is far left on most issues. All that matters is Trump winning., even if it meant setting up a hard-core leftist as the front runner in 2028.
Old May Banker
AG
Wait... I thought yesterday they were accusing DeSantis of being Satan because he said "Kennedy is too liberal" but he "agreed with him on the FDA and CDC stuff" and there "might be a place to sic him on those bureaucracies...."?

Now they're considering a legit Democrat on the republican ticket with Trump?

So conservative.

Would this move make any of them wake up to what's happening?
Old May Banker
AG
Dp
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.