OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,186 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TRM said:

Phatbob said:

FireAg said:

Here's the thing…A LOT of "DC Republicans" help perpetuate the leftist lies for personal gain…

And THAT is the swamp…leftists and their R-for-hire, right-leaning establishment types…
That is what frustrates me about the Trump campaign. They are more than willing to go along with those tactics, even amplify them, when it is against one of their conservative opponents. That isn't what I would call "draining the swamp" in any way, that is participating in it. At least DeSantis will fight direct attacks against him without completely throwing another conservative under the bus.
Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp...he just wants the swamp to work for/with him rather than against him.

Stop worrying about what Trump will or won't do…

How will DeSantis make a difference? How can he drain it with the establishment fighting him every step of the way?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Well for starters he won't hire founding members of the swamp to help him drain the swamp.
Old May Banker
AG
Maybe DeSantis won't hook his wagon to Lindsay Graham, Tony fauci, or director Wray.
FireAg
AG
That's not a plan…that's rhetoric…

What will he do to make a diffidence? Something some of you don't appreciate is how badly the swamp doesn't want to be drained…on both sides…

And that's the biggest obstacle…
The Banned
FireAg said:

Here's the thing…A LOT of "DC Republicans" help perpetuate the leftist lies for personal gain…

And THAT is the swamp…leftists and their R-for-hire, right-leaning establishment types…

Trump and co are actively perpetuating leftist lies for personal gain. What does that make them?
FireAg
AG
The Banned said:

FireAg said:

Trump and co are actively perpetuating leftist lies for personal gain. What does that make them?

Who cares?

What is DeSantis going to do about it?

Stop worrying about what Trump does or doesn't do…it's a poor argument…

Worry about what DeSantis can do…if anything…

One reason DeSantis can't break through the noise is because so many of y'all are more worried about what Trump does…
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

What will he do to make a diffidence? Something some of you don't appreciate is how badly the swamp doesn't want to be drained…on both sides…

Yeah, you just posed a vague rhetoric problem as a rebuttal to what you called rhetoric.

If you want to be specific, don't run yourself on marketing with lies. That is a simple step 1, go from there
FireAg
AG
Phatbob said:

FireAg said:

Yeah, you just posed a vague rhetoric problem as a rebuttal to what you called rhetoric.

If you want to be specific, don't run yourself on marketing with lies. That is a simple step 1, go from there

You don't want to discuss the true problem…got it…

The problem is bigger than Trump and DeSantis put together…

Failing to acknowledge that is one of the biggest obstacles…
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

Uhmmm, no, actually bringing in people outside the swamp to run his administration is an actual physical action he plans on taking. Not hiring swamp creatures to be in his administration is an actual physical action he plans on taking.

Part of a plan.
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

The Banned said:

FireAg said:

Who cares?

What is DeSantis going to do about it?

Stop worrying about what Trump does or doesn't do…it's a poor argument…

Worry about what DeSantis can do…if anything…

One reason DeSantis can't break through the noise is because so many of y'all are more worried about what Trump does…

Dude, we have had so many posters tell us DeSantis isn't taking them away from Trump because he isn't Trumpy enough. You specifically have made that argument in a less than round about way. How do you convince someone to remove their nose from his oriface without mentioning the person to whomever that oriface belongs, so it's the only thing they see?
Old May Banker
AG
Maybe - based on what we've seen thus far in Florida - DeSantis understands the constitution and power of the pen enough to pull the correct levers. He understands who he can fire, which agencies he can move, which EOs he can utilize, and ultimately how to get congress behind him to pass meaningful legislation.

He's laid that out time and again.

Anyone still asking "how is he gonna do it" isn't paying attention
FireAg
AG
Umm no…that's not going to make a dent…either DeSantis will be absorbed into the DC culture or he will have an election stolen from him as well…by the establishment…by the swamp…

How do you really make a dent in it?

Well, it would require a convention of the states…but I don't see any candidate calling that out:

Congressional term limits

Line item vetoes and/or elimination of all discretionary spending from Omnibus bills…

Things like that are how you will actually make a dent in the swamp…but the swamp is so big, it's gonna take a real stud with real momentum to run on such things AND pull them off…

There are plenty of other hardline approaches that could be used…but not a single candidate is talking about the REAL ways you could drain the swamp…

Not Trump…not DeSantis…none of them…
Phatbob
AG
We have literally pointed out mistakes that Trump has made that contributed to his own failures, and those mistakes come from properties unique to Trump. That means the opposite of "anyone would fail". It means that Trump is in the unique position to continue to fail in the same way
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Umm no…that's not going to make a dent…either DeSantis will be absorbed into the DC culture or he will have an election stolen from him as well…by the establishment…by the swamp…

How do you really make a dent in it?

Well, it would require a convention of the states…but I don't see any candidate calling that out:

Congressional term limits

Line item vetoes and/or elimination of all discretionary spending from Omnibus bills…

Things like that are how you will actually make a dent in the swamp…but the swamp is so big, it's gonna take a real stud with real momentum to run on such things AND pull them off…

There are plenty of other hardline approaches that could be used…but not a single candidate is talking about the REAL ways you could drain the swamp…

Not Trump…not DeSantis…none of them…

What you're suggesting will never happen for a number of different reasons so what point are you even trying to make?
FireAg
AG
That NO MAN can actually drain the swamp…I don't care what he says…

Not even DeSantis…
FireAg
AG
Y'all continue your infighting about this man vs that man, when we should all be focused on actually making changes that will make a difference…

Everything else is wasted energy…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

Phatbob said:

FireAg said:

That is what frustrates me about the Trump campaign. They are more than willing to go along with those tactics, even amplify them, when it is against one of their conservative opponents. That isn't what I would call "draining the swamp" in any way, that is participating in it. At least DeSantis will fight direct attacks against him without completely throwing another conservative under the bus.
Trump doesn't want to drain the swamp...he just wants the swamp to work for/with him rather than against him.

Stop worrying about what Trump will or won't do…

How will DeSantis make a difference? How can he drain it with the establishment fighting him every step of the way?
I literally just posted above this one of many times DeSantis has laid out specific plans about this. He plans to appoint thousands of people and have EO's and Legislation already written and ready to to. He has a brain trust of Massie, Roy and VDH working on this and have already been meeting for months. He's talked about this many times.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
The Banned said:

FireAg said:

Sounds an awful lot like getting the swamp to work for Trump.
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Not even DeSantis…

Cool. One person has already failed miserably at that and this thread is about him vs someone who has proven how to defeat the left in other areas vs just talking about it. So maybe start a new thread if you want to vaguely yell at clouds about the swamp.
aggie93
AG
Interesting exchange with Kelly here. She had her Disney "gotcha" ready to go. I think DeSantis probably handled this as well as he could have but she gave a completely false equivalency to a complex issue and even though he explained it she came up with an even more irrelevant false equivalency to argue. Unfortunately to folks who don't understand the broader legal issues this probably will think Kelly "got him".

The sexual harassment thing was especially WTF?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
Ugh…you just made my point…President's governing by EO's won't fix the problem…

Those are temporary, damn near worthless bandaids…

They aren't long lasting…as soon as they steal an election from DeSantis, the next man up cancels all of Ron's EO's and institutes their own…

That doesn't fix America…

That is the problem…
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Ugh…you just made my point…President's governing by EO's won't fix the problem…

Those are temporary, damn near worthless bandaids…

They aren't long lasting…as soon as they steal an election from DeSantis, the next man up cancels all of Ron's EO's and institutes their own…

That doesn't fix America…

That is the problem…
If that was all he was doing I would agree with you but that is only one part of a multi faceted plan. The hardest part of course is Legislation but part of the plan is to make changes both with EO's, firing people, and replacing them with people you have already vetted and then working to codify those changes into law. It's exactly what he did in Florida, It took him years to get the Leg session he just did but he worked at it day after day to get there.

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
J. Walter Weatherman said:

FireAg said:

Not even DeSantis…

Cool. One person has already failed miserably at that and this thread is about him vs someone who has proven how to defeat the left in other areas vs just talking about it. So maybe start a new thread if you want to vaguely yell at clouds about the swamp.
It's called CM, Concerned MAGA.

This is at least the 5th or 6th time he's started this same discussion and it always goes the same way. No amount of information or answers is enough and results in these vague comebacks, wanting more information.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Old May Banker
AG
That's pretty spot on.
agz win
AG
That's excellent. Separate himself from donald's failures.

Too bad the coward won't show up for the debates.
aggie93
AG
TRM said:

That is going to send some Trump folks into seizures on Twitter.

Ronald Reagan
The Banned
FireAg said:

Y'all continue your infighting about this man vs that man, when we should all be focused on actually making changes that will make a difference…

Everything else is wasted energy…

You say no one can drain the swamps, but then we also need to be focused on making changes in the next post. How does one reconcile these two points?
FireAg
AG
But he can't fire CONGRESS…that's one of the biggest issues…
FL_Ag1998
AG
aggie93 said:

Interesting exchange with Kelly here. She had her Disney "gotcha" ready to go. I think DeSantis probably handled this as well as he could have but she gave a completely false equivalency to a complex issue and even though he explained it she came up with an even more irrelevant false equivalency to argue. Unfortunately to folks who don't understand the broader legal issues this probably will think Kelly "got him".

The sexual harassment thing was especially WTF?

Wow, what a intentionally deceitful and disengenious line of attack from Kelly, lol. She might as well be working for CNN or MSNBC with those lies and tactics and clear agenda.

But Desantis handled it well. Didn't stumble, stayed calm and polite, came right back at her pointing out her b.s. employer-employee argument.
Old May Banker
AG
FireAg said:

He should denigrate them on social media, refer to them as spineless, and chastise them... while running around with Lindsay Graham. Is that more what you have in mind?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Wow, what a intentionally deceitful and disengenious line of attack from Kelly, lol. She might as well be working for CNN or MSNBC with those lies and tactics and clear agenda.

But Desantis handled it well. Didn't stumble, stayed calm and polite, came right back at her pointing out her b.s. employer-employee argument.
Kelly needs to do her research. Reedy Creek was not the only special improvement district affected by the change in legislation, first off.

Secondly, Disney openly committed a crime regarding bond issuances from that Reedy Creek improvement district.
J. Walter Weatherman
FireAg said:

Correct. We don't live in a dictatorship and he has to work within our system just like everyone else. Again, what's your point?
FireAg
AG
Correct…and thus you can't ever truly drain the swamp in a sustainable way…not even Jesus Christ could…

We need to amend the constitution to truly drain the swamp…there is quite literally no other way other than armed conflict…
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.