OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,224 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie93 said:

This is very disappointing. Donalds giving Kamala Harris cover to try to hurt DeSantis and running contrary to the Black Historians that wrote the standards. Selling out for race baiting.

I saw that and shook my head because I had high hopes for Donalds at one point but after several of his recent decisions it's looking like he's now willing to sell himself to whatever he thinks might benefit him politically.
Ags77
AG
LMCane said:

Nominating Trump is political suicide.

Trump and his brand have hit a 46% ceiling four elections in a row.

He will never get majority support:

2016 popular vote: 46% Trump

2018 GOP average in statewide swing states: 46% of vote

2020 popular vote: 46% Trump

2022 GOP average of Trump endorsed flunkies running statewide in swing states: 46%

2022 should have taught us a painful but valuable lesson.

Several states had both Trump candidates and non-Trump Republicans running statewide.

The Trump brand underperformed the non-Trump GOP candidates by more than 10%.

AZ Treasurer won by 10 points (not endorsed by Trump)

at the exact same time in the same state Trump candidates lost Governor and Senator.

Georgia: Kemp won by 6 points, Trump flunkies lost.

New Hampshire: non-Trump GOP wins governor by a huge margin, Trump flunkie Bolduc lost.

10-15% of America is willing to vote GOP, but will never vote Trump.

There are 5 swing states we must recapture to win: AZ, GA, PA, MI, WI.

These states have had a combined 25 statewide election for President, Senate, and Governor in the Trump era. The GOP has won only 4 out of 25 in those five must win states.

And rather than supporting DeSantis, who has a rock solid record better than Trump and won FL by 20 points (while Trump only won Florida by 3!!) , we are going to nominate Donald "46%" Trump a third time???

When we lose in 2024 it is because a plurality of the GOP is dumb, not because of fraud. The 5th time will be just like the last 4 elections... Trump gets under 46%.

FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

New ad

I don't watch broadcast TV these days, but I know most of the older generation does. So I'm curious if these ads are being run on normal airwaves or just online. I'm assuming they are, but if they aren't that's a damn shame and a missed opportunity.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-town-wants-trump-pay-153810416.html
Quote:

According to a recent report from the Erie Times-News, Erie Mayor Joe Schember wants to be reimbursed for any fees related to the upcoming rally ahead of time, after Trump's campaign failed to repay the city more than $35,000 following a campaign event in 2018.

As the Erie Times-News reported in 2018, Schember and his administration pushed Trump's team to reimburse $35,129 to the city for overtime pay for city workers who assisted with the event. According to Paul Lichtenwalter, Erie's financial director, the city didn't have any leverage in 2018 to force the campaign to repay the debt.

Nearly five years later, Schember appears to have learned his lesson.

"We're going to see whether we can get some payment from them in advance this time," he told the Erie Times-News. "It's important to do this because we're talking about taxpayer money being used to help make his visit more safe."

Hilarious, you only demand payment up front when you know you're dealing with scam artists and shysters.
annie88
AG
Wrong thread
LMCane
interesting analysis would be this:

does Trump getting a 3rd and 4th indictment help or hurt him?

obviously it would demolish his chances to win a general election when the entire country goes to the polls.

but I can see it helping him short term in the "rally around our crook against the other side's crooks"

on the other hand, Trump is already having to divert millions of fund raising dollars to his own legal defense-

the more those legal costs keep rising, the less he will have to actually run a campaign.

The Banned
aggie93 said:

This is very disappointing. Donalds giving Kamala Harris cover to try to hurt DeSantis and running contrary to the Black Historians that wrote the standards. Selling out for race baiting.

Shamelessly repeating MSM lies all while pretending to be the enemy of the Msm
shiftyandquick
How is DeSantis floating RFK jr. as head of CDC and FDA to destroy those organizations going to help him get the nomination? Who is advising this guy? What demographic is he going for? "People who want Trump, but think he is not crazy enough in his desire to destroy Washington."
TRM
AG
Not what he said. He asked if he would consider him for VP and no because he was too liberal. He did say he would sic him on the CDC or FDA, but said nothing about leading them.
Science Denier
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's not the Left that is the problem it is the Trump folks that are too scared to fight or they want to just use the Left's narratives to tear DeSantis down. It's gross. They want this election to be about Trump and revenge and that's a loser. If it is about issues that's a winner. People want a strong economy. People are worried about the Border. People don't like the Grooming and DEI and ESG. The Kirk interview is a great example where he literally struggles mightily to find any policy he doesn't agree with DeSantis on and he complements his effectiveness so he falls back to mood and feeling and phantoms like Rove/Chamber of Commerce/RINO/Establishment/Bush whatever because he thinks a "tone" of something he said kind of sounds like them.
That is where I'm concerned for prospects in the general. I am just not convinced that independents care that much about those issues.
Trump taught us that you have to MAKE voters care. His Make America Great Again was hammered home. OVer and over and over and over and over. Media first ignored him, like they are DeSantis, but he kept hammering where eventually they couldn't ignore him any longer, so they tried to spin the narrative. Remember the "magic wand" comment?

So, he started hammering the media. In the end, he beat the Hillary machine.

Then, when in office, he didn't stop. He changed the term "fake news" from a left censorship word to describe the MSM. Don't stop. The media narratives were all over the place, yet he kept hammering "fake news" and proving his point. That got him more votes than any Republican in history.

Today, he's been impeached twice, faced both civil and criminal charges, a barrage of him bieng banned on social media and yet he's kicking the **** out of the entire Republican field.

The media will do their best to silence republicans. If DeSantis wants to win, he's got to get up off his ass and fight. An interview here, and a speech (that nobody watches) there is NOT going to work with today's media.
He was not. The sproatic "what a great tweet" is not going to get it done either. A Republican president is going to have to beat the media if he's going to win. It's not easy, but he's failing at it.
TRM
AG
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's not the Left that is the problem it is the Trump folks that are too scared to fight or they want to just use the Left's narratives to tear DeSantis down. It's gross. They want this election to be about Trump and revenge and that's a loser. If it is about issues that's a winner. People want a strong economy. People are worried about the Border. People don't like the Grooming and DEI and ESG. The Kirk interview is a great example where he literally struggles mightily to find any policy he doesn't agree with DeSantis on and he complements his effectiveness so he falls back to mood and feeling and phantoms like Rove/Chamber of Commerce/RINO/Establishment/Bush whatever because he thinks a "tone" of something he said kind of sounds like them.
That is where I'm concerned for prospects in the general. I am just not convinced that independents care that much about those issues.
Trump taught us that you have to MAKE voters care. His Make America Great Again was hammered home. OVer and over and over and over and over. Media first ignored him, like they are DeSantis, but he kept hammering where eventually they couldn't ignore him any longer, so they tried to spin the narrative. Remember the "magic wand" comment?

Then, when in office, he didn't stop. He changed the term "fake news" from a left censorship word to describe the MSM. Don't stop. The media narratives were all over the place, yet he kept hammering "fake news" and proving his point. That got him more votes than any Republican in history.

Today, he's been impeached twice, faced both civil and criminal charges, a barrage of him bieng banned on social media and yet he's kicking the **** out of the entire Republican field.

The media will do their best to silence republicans. If DeSantis wants to win, he's got to get up off his ass and fight. An interview here, and a speech (that nobody watches) there is NOT going to work with today's media.
He was not. The sproatic "what a great tweet" is not going to get it done either. A Republican president is going to have to beat the media if he's going to win. It's not easy, but he's failing at it.
Maybe he should camp out at Mar a Lago and send out a couple Truths while doing a Hannity appearance once every couple of weeks like a Proven Warrior. lol, DeSantis is doing multiple events a day, creating ads, and releasing policies on a variety of issues. If you don't think he is "fighting" you just aren't paying attention like most people in July for an election that is 6 months away.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
Science Denier said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

You are arguing, again, that the way to beat Trump is to do what Trump does. No one has done what Trump does successfully except for Trump. Every other politician has to do it their way. Trump didn't start talking about issues to build up his candidacy, he created a circus. He is a reality show. I'm not just trying to talk down on him, he literally is a reality show. People like to watch and talk about those, even if they don't like the show or the results, it grabs eyeballs.

I hate that about our culture. It is destructive and we lose as a country because of it. Just because Trump is good at it and found a way to beat Hillary by doing it, that doesn't mean we are better off. It pushes the entire country towards the left as we saw in 2020 and 2022.

The way to win without going the reality show route is the slow, steady pulling people away from the dopamine hit they get from the unproductive personality drama arguments. Can Desantis do that? I have hope that he can, since that reality show star is barely getting support of HALF of his own party. But it's an uphill battle going against the recognition of a former president and reality show star. If he can't than I am concerned that we are just f'd as a country anyway.

Science Denier
AG
Quote:

If you don't think he is "fighting" you just aren't paying attention
It's not just me that's "not paying attention".

Big donors are not paying attention
Republican voters are not paying attention

NOBODY is paying attention.

If that is your definition of "fighting", then that's fine. But he's losing " BIGLY".
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

You are arguing, again, that the way to beat Trump is to do what Trump does. No one has done what Trump does successfully except for Trump. Every other politician has to do it their way. Trump didn't start talking about issues to build up his candidacy, he created a circus. He is a reality show. I'm not just trying to talk down on him, he literally is a reality show. People like to watch and talk about those, even if they don't like the show or the results, it grabs eyeballs.

I hate that about our culture. It is destructive and we lose as a country because of it. Just because Trump is good at it and found a way to beat Hillary by doing it, that doesn't mean we are better off. It pushes the entire country towards the left as we saw in 2020 and 2022.

The way to win without going the reality show route is the slow, steady pulling people away from the dopamine hit they get from the unproductive personality drama arguments. Can Desantis do that? I have hope that he can, since that reality show star is barely getting support of HALF of his own party. But it's an uphill battle going against the recognition of a former president and reality show star. If he can't than I am concerned that we are just f'd as a country anyway.
This is precisely why Trump wins.
This is precisely why the establishment hates him.
This is precisely what republicans need to do to win in the future.
Well, that and stop the rampant cheating.

You may hate it, but that's where we are in politics. The days of George Bush sitting back and taking it only to become the biggest disaster of a President since Jimmy Carter is what you get if you don't start acting like Trump.
Charpie
AG
trump was elected on the mere fact that he wasn't a politician. He was a Washinton outside and people thought he was going to come in a drain the swamp. People thought he would come in and make the government run like a business.

Well..none of that happened. He got SCOTUS done and that was about it. However, people fell in love with the celebrity that is trump. He's not a Republican. He's just trump. That's why he is as popular with folks as he is. It's not about his policies because he has none. They love the celebrity of him. They love him "owning the libs." They feel his "pain." All that being said, it's ultimately going to cost the rest of the country if the polls trend the way that they are.

The GOP needs to figure out who they want to be. Do they want to be the party who gets stuff done? Or do they want to be the party who owns the libs? Or do they want to be the party who actually serves the American people?
J. Walter Weatherman
Science Denier said:

Quote:

You may hate it, but that's where we are in politics. The days of George Bush sitting back and taking it only to become the biggest disaster of a President since Jimmy Carter is what you get if you don't start acting like Trump.

Except he doesn't win. He lost in 2020 to a vegetable and the republicans have lost every election since he snuck by one of the worst and most disliked candidates in history in 2016. His message is a winning message for a populist trending plurality of voters on the right, that's it. It will never win in the general.
Phatbob
AG

Quote:

I don't accept that at all. That may be what it is in this moment, but that is just going to get us a lesser version of Marxism, and I can't accept that being the best we can do. If we have to create a separate alternate reality from the Dem version of an alternate reality, then we lose. That is what Trump does. No, we don't need to create a separate propaganda media arm that does the same thing the left does, just for different candidates. No, we don't need to attack anyone just because they aren't on our team. We can't defend against lies with more lies. For one, we aren't as good at it and don't have that level of infrastructure, and secondly, why would we want to?

If this is truly the best we can do. I'm out. You've lost me and I will do something else with my time and energy. I am not spending 10 more seconds fighting for something that is just as destructive to the world my kids will inherit as the thing I am fighting against.
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

He didn't win because he acts like a clown. He won because he found issues to connect with people on a level that other candidates had not. He won me over with his foreign policy and trade approach. For others it was how he fought for bringing jobs back to the US and taking a different approach on manufacturing. He also won with his personal connection and how he made things like his rallies into such a spectacle of something new and energetic that made it fun to be a part of.

Did some people vote for him because he came up with stupid nicknames or insulted people? Sure, but those parts of his campaign were also what lost him far more voters and made so much of his real message get lost.

Oh, and you misunderstand his relationship with the Establishment as do most people. Trump never hated the Establishment, he just wanted to control the Establishment. That's why he appointed so many Establishment people in his first Admin. That's why he is still backing Ronna McDaniel and Lindsey Graham. He still thinks he can win them over and control them. That's why he talks glowingly about Xi or Putin, he is jealous of that level of power and respects how they control their people. Trump isn't looking to make you free he is looking to be in charge, if you end up more free in the process that's a bonus.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

If that is your definition of "fighting", then that's fine. But he's losing " BIGLY".
Uh, DeSantis is dominating with big donors. Trump is trying to brag about not getting big donors this time because they have abondoned him and he is relying on small donors which is not going to work. DeSantis also has 6000 more unique donors than Trump.

You are also now trying to change the subject from fighting to polls, those are not the same thing. One is an action and the other is a result.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Donalds just started down the Kari Lake path. It starts with Trump and his supporters cheering for you but it ends with your credibility in tatters and with you abandoned or put into a box where people don't take you seriously anymore. I hope this is an aberration, I like the guy. This is just selling out so much of what has made him successful.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Trump praising Loomer, brilliant.

Ronald Reagan
Science Denier
AG
aggie93 said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

Uh, DeSantis is dominating with big donors. Trump is trying to brag about not getting big donors this time because they have abondoned him and he is relying on small donors which is not going to work. DeSantis also has 6000 more unique donors than Trump.

You are also now trying to change the subject from fighting to polls, those are not the same thing. One is an action and the other is a result.
DeSantis is dominating with big donors?
There was an article about hi having to go to his big donors to show he's not really losing, and then there was an article about him having to cancel an event because the big donors were not showing up.
Then, another article about him having to lay off a huge portion of his staff.

And, more articles about how Trump's fundraising is starting to really take off.

Not looking anywhere close to DeSantis dominating fundraising with big donors.

We will ultimately see.

Also, Fighting to get your message out, polling, fundraising, voter turnout is all linked. You can't talk about one without talking about the entire picture. It's not changing the subject. it's all one subject. Also, many believe you have to throw cheating in there now.
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Trump praising Loomer, brilliant.

Loomer is insane and would fly a fully loaded 747 passenger jet into a skyscraper if Trump told her to do it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Loomer is insane and would fly a fully loaded 747 passenger jet into a skyscraper if Trump told her to do it.
LMAO.

Got a link to her killing anyone?

The TDS is STRONG in this one.
Old May Banker
AG
TDS or no, she is nutty as squirrel *****.. and that's something that conservatives of any stripe used to be able to agree on.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Trump won me over in 2016 not because of any antics but because he convinced me he would run the government more like a business and he wouldn't cow to the rest of the world. That plus the other choice was ****ing Hilary.

He won me over in 2020 because he wasn't ****ing Biden.

He's lost me since then precisely because he's a reality show clown. He's not serious. This is all a game to him. A grift to stay popular and continue fleecing people until he dies.
aggie93
AG
DeSantis destroys another reporter

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
aggie93 said:

Yeah, those are definitely the words of an "establishment" guy
Im Gipper
TRUMP: My attorney general will be someone Chris Christie says is good

I'm Gipper
FL_Ag1998
AG
aggie93 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Donalds just started down the Kari Lake path. It starts with Trump and his supporters cheering for you but it ends with your credibility in tatters and with you abandoned or put into a box where people don't take you seriously anymore. I hope this is an aberration, I like the guy. This is just selling out so much of what has made him successful.

Donalds' response.

[Url]https://www.yahoo.com/news/knives-congressman-long-held-tapped-163018198.html
Yeah, I'm done with Donalds. [/url]

Quote:

After receiving blowback from DeSantis' team, Donalds responded by doubling down on his support for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 GOP primary race.

"What's crazy to me is I expressed support for the vast majority of the new African American history standards and happened to oppose one sentence that seemed to dignify the skills gained by slaves as a result of their enslavement," he wrote. "Anyone who can't accurately interpret what I said is disingenuous and is desperately attempting to score political points. Just another reason why l'm proud to have endorsed President Donald J. Trump!"

I had a feeling this morning when I first read his initial twitter statement that he felt the need to comment on the matter (being a black congressman in FL), but since he's Trump lackey he couldn't say anything that might be interpreted as supporting Desantis. So he came out with that half-ass B.S. twitter statement as his way to stay in the good graces of his daddy Trump.

Now he's confirming that with this second statement, sucking up to his new sugar daddy while taking a play out of Trump's book....try to reverse the heat and pretend the attack or misinterpretation is actually happening to you and you're the victim. Lol. He belongs with Trump, that's for sure.
CREAg87
AG
Lol this statement is pathetic:

Keep your rifle by your side
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
More of this

Quote:

"It's harder for people that are just working hard and trying to get the most of their God-given ability to do well, and that's the American dream slipping away," DeSantis told reporters Thursday in Chariton, Iowa, after the first stop of his bus tour. "Our policy is going to address that."

"At the end of the day, when you're talking about economic policy, it's not really about dollars and cents," he said. "It's really about what kind of society do you want to have. And for us, we want strong families. We want people to be able to thrive who work hard. We don't want to have a situation where elites get bailed out or play under different rules than other people. We don't want an economy where the government is controlling people's behavior."
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.