OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,234 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

VIVEK! VIVEK! VIVEK!
You might as well say Trump, Trump, Trump because that guy is nothing but a foil to help Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Ron DeSantis' presidential campaign is expanding the number of staff it's cutting to include more than a third of his payroll as the Florida governor looks to get his primary bid back on track.

The cuts, which were confirmed by advisers, will amount to a total of 38 jobs shed across an array of departments. They will include the roughly 10 event planning positions that were announced several weeks ago, in addition to the recent departures of two senior DeSantis campaign advisers, Dave Abrams and Tucker Obenshain.
Quote:

"Following a top-to-bottom review of our organization, we have taken additional, aggressive steps to streamline operations and put Ron DeSantis in the strongest position to win this primary and defeat Joe Biden," DeSantis campaign manager Generra Peck said in a statement. "Gov. DeSantis is going to lead the Great American Comeback and we're ready to hit the ground running as we head into an important month of the campaign."

The expanded cuts are the latest sign that the Florida governor's team is pivoting to a slim-down operation amid concerns over their finances. The campaign announced it had raised $20 million during the second quarter of this year. But it had spent a good chunk of that money. Much of the sum it raised, moreover, came from donors who had given the maximum amount and could not give again.
Politico
The last paragraph is the giveaway that this is a hit piece (as if that isn't obvious coming from Politico).

Desantis did well in fundraising getting $20 million in 6 weeks but more importantly that's just his official campaign. His PAC, which is all that really matters, has about $150 million and completely dwarfs Trump. It also is complete crap to say ""donors have given the max and can't give again" because they can give all they want to NeverBackDown and Politico damn well knows that. DeSantis has 6000 more unique donors than Trump.

DeSantis definitely is reshaping his campaign which would be a concern except he has done that in literally every race he has ever run. He tries something and then constantly re-evaluates and shifts. He DGAF about how it looks, he cares about the big picture. He is also famous for not allowing people to leak ANYTHING unless he wants it leaked. So if you hear a story from "insiders" with DeSantis it is either something he wants you to hear or it is a made up source. That's how he rolls.

Trump OTOH is running on fumes financially. He's spending half his cash on lawyers and he already had about half of what DeSantis does. He's got almost all his money in his actual campaign from small dollar folks and his PAC is running very low because the PAC gets money from big donors and they aren't investing in him anymore.

Don't be fooled by hit piece articles like this. One thing I will give Trump credit for is he has mastered the Dem tactic of accusing your opponent of doing what you are doing. Literally every negative thing he is accusing DeSantis of he is doing bigtime from his Establishment ties to colluding with the MSM to take down DeSantis. He loves to scream how DeSantis has not done enough to defend him and show loyalty to him but then he just lies nonstop about DeSantis and actually fuels MSM lies as well. It's amazing how obvious it is.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
Peck's inexperience in Federal elections is showing. She brought over too much of the FL operation too early. They need to be lean early and hire more later on. It's not insurmountable. They were consistently bringing over a 100k in donations every day since the campaign launch.

Focus on the early states, in particular, IA and he'll be fine. With IA being so early he take that momentum to NH, SC, and NV.
BigRobSA
AgBandsman said:

Rapier108 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

New Trump narrative dropping today.

At the end of the day I'll hold my nose and vote for this jackass if I have to, but damn trump has done everything in his power to turn off a large number of voters. And at least those trump supporters on this board refuse to see it.
Why should we vote for him?

Trump and his MAGA acolytes have said they only want MAGA voters. The rest of us can buzz off.
Sadly, you won't buzz off. You'll be voting for Trump on election day. Just like the rest of us.

(why does Ron keep sliding backwards in the polls?)

I'm not a liberal, so no. I won't be voting for Trump.
JP_Losman
AG
Vivek to the moon!
Trinity Ag
S
TRM said:

Peck's inexperience in Federal elections is showing. She brought over too much of the FL operation too early. They need to be lean early and hire more later on. It's not insurmountable. They were consistently bringing over a 100k in donations every day since the campaign launch.

Focus on the early states, in particular, IA and he'll be fine. With IA being so early he take that momentum to NH, SC, and NV.
Not disagreeing with your comments -- because I think you are right.

But it is comical how people are dissecting the details of the DeSantis campaign operation, while Trump doesn't even have a campaign per se.

He is just running a giant scam-PAC to pay for his legal defense and his small army of mouth breather sycophants and internet shills to criticize his rivals.

He has no "ground game" to speak of, and no real strategy other than the appearance of inevitability.

And then relying on all the free media from the networks that want to see him win the nomination -- because he is possible the only GOP candidate that would actually lose to Biden.

And so far it is working.

TRM
AG
Three straight weekends in IA. Trump not appearing with Reynolds.
Bus tour this weekend.

TRM
AG
aggie93
AG
Great interview with Chris Rufo on DeSantis' level of detail:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

At the end of the day I'll hold my nose and vote for this jackass if I have to, but damn trump has done everything in his power to turn off a large number of voters. And at least those trump supporters on this board refuse to see it.
Why should we vote for him?

Trump and his MAGA acolytes have said they only want MAGA voters. The rest of us can buzz off.

I, just like millions of others will never vote for Trump again.

I backed Rubio in the 2016 primaries, then voted Trump in November 2016. I sent him money all the time during his Presidency.

I literally held signs for him in Pennsylvania and participated in car rallies from Hanover to Gettysburg and around the DC beltway. I voted for him again in 2020.

NEVER AGAIN.

And not just because he is a vicious liar, dissembler, and leftist in sheep's clothing pretending to be a conservative. And not just because he is surrounded by the worst grifters and awful human beings.

But because as early as November 2020, I knew that Donald Trump would put his own ego, desire for power, and narcissism ahead of the needs of the Republic and the conservative party.

Since I live in Maryland I am voting straight GOP ticket except for President, where if Trump is the nominee I'm writing in DeSantis.
LMCane
Trumpers would like us all to forget that Trump had three different campaign managers in 2016

and fired his lead manager Brad Parscale in 2020 a few weeks before the election after Parscale was arrested for public drunkenness and beating his wife
LMCane
I can understand why Trump ducked the Iowa interviews by Tucker because he knew he would be roasted and laughed at by conservatives

but why is Trump chickening out from talking with Governor Reynolds?!?!

it's not like she is going to grill him on his 3256 different lies.
aggie93
AG
Solid response from DeSantis with Clay Travis on the Black History fake controversy. Hits all the points with tremendous clarity in 3 minutes.

Ronald Reagan
Im Gipper
QFT!

I'm Gipper
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
aggie93 said:

Do we get a DOJ colludes with DeSantis to void Hunter's plea deal press release?

ETA: Well crap the deal is back on.
TRM
AG

Quote:

Donald Trump's appeal has sunk among Republicans, a new poll has found.

The former president, who faces criminal indictments in two cases and possibly a third, announced earlier this year that he is once again running for president in the 2024 election.

Pew research found that 63% of Americans of all political affiliations have an unfavorable opinion of Trump an increase from 60% last year.

At 66%, the majority of those who identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning still view the former president in a favorable light, but that is 9 percentage points lower than last July's 75%.
Last July, about a quarter of those on the right viewed him as very or mostly unfavorably, but that figure has risen to 32%.
Phatbob
AG
TRM said:

Quote:

The former president, who faces criminal indictments in two cases and possibly a third, announced earlier this year that he is once again running for president in the 2024 election.

Pew research found that 63% of Americans of all political affiliations have an unfavorable opinion of Trump an increase from 60% last year.

At 66%, the majority of those who identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning still view the former president in a favorable light, but that is 9 percentage points lower than last July's 75%.
Last July, about a quarter of those on the right viewed him as very or mostly unfavorably, but that figure has risen to 32%.

Gee, if only we could understand why he is losing support, even among Republicans... But surely they will be excited voters come November of 2024.
The Banned
Phatbob said:

TRM said:

Quote:

Gee, if only we could understand why he is losing support, even among Republicans... But surely they will be excited voters come November of 2024.

If trump wins the nomination, I hope republicans at least show up to vote down the ballot. Best we can hope for is a split government.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Phatbob said:

TRM said:

Quote:

Unfortunately, the excuse has already been established by Trump and MAGA for when people don't show up in force to vote for him in the General election.

The explanation won't be because Trump is a horrible candidate who turned off even members of his own party. The excuse will be the Independents and CMs were always just secret Liberals in Independent clothing, and Republicans who don't vote for Trump are slimy traitors. And of course when you add in the rampant Dem chearing, poor Trump never stood a chance.

Its always someone else's fault.
Rapier108
TRM said:

Quote:

Don't worry, there is another indictment to fix that.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG
More speeches.
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Love the Milton Friedman reference at the end, would sure be nice to have someone who actually understands basic economics as President.

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
aggie93 said:

There was little reason to keep interest rates that low for as long as they did. Was stupid although at the time it started, it was to my benefit to me in my business.

But then again, I graduated and entered the work force right after Carter when interest rates were insanely high with prime at 20.
TRM
AG
New ad
Old May Banker
AG
That ad is spot on.
The Banned
TRM said:

New ad

Narcissism at its finest. A real man would call her, set up a meeting and figure it what reservations there are. Maybe try to assuage some of her concerns. Instead… I'm the reason your governor and you owe me
TRM
AG
https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-town-wants-trump-pay-153810416.html
Quote:

According to a recent report from the Erie Times-News, Erie Mayor Joe Schember wants to be reimbursed for any fees related to the upcoming rally ahead of time, after Trump's campaign failed to repay the city more than $35,000 following a campaign event in 2018.

As the Erie Times-News reported in 2018, Schember and his administration pushed Trump's team to reimburse $35,129 to the city for overtime pay for city workers who assisted with the event. According to Paul Lichtenwalter, Erie's financial director, the city didn't have any leverage in 2018 to force the campaign to repay the debt.

Nearly five years later, Schember appears to have learned his lesson.

"We're going to see whether we can get some payment from them in advance this time," he told the Erie Times-News. "It's important to do this because we're talking about taxpayer money being used to help make his visit more safe."
TRM
AG
aggie93
AG
This is very disappointing. Donalds giving Kamala Harris cover to try to hurt DeSantis and running contrary to the Black Historians that wrote the standards. Selling out for race baiting.

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
This will not be helping the Trump campaign

aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
TRM said:

New ad

that needs to be on every Iowa Television station for the next 3 months
LMCane
Nominating Trump is political suicide.

Trump and his brand have hit a 46% ceiling four elections in a row.

He will never get majority support:

2016 popular vote: 46% Trump

2018 GOP average in statewide swing states: 46% of vote

2020 popular vote: 46% Trump

2022 GOP average of Trump endorsed flunkies running statewide in swing states: 46%

2022 should have taught us a painful but valuable lesson.

Several states had both Trump candidates and non-Trump Republicans running statewide.

The Trump brand underperformed the non-Trump GOP candidates by more than 10%.

AZ Treasurer won by 10 points (not endorsed by Trump)

at the exact same time in the same state Trump candidates lost Governor and Senator.

Georgia: Kemp won by 6 points, Trump flunkies lost.

New Hampshire: non-Trump GOP wins governor by a huge margin, Trump flunkie Bolduc lost.

10-15% of America is willing to vote GOP, but will never vote Trump.

There are 5 swing states we must recapture to win: AZ, GA, PA, MI, WI.

These states have had a combined 25 statewide election for President, Senate, and Governor in the Trump era. The GOP has won only 4 out of 25 in those five must win states.

And rather than supporting DeSantis, who has a rock solid record better than Trump and won FL by 20 points (while Trump only won Florida by 3!!) , we are going to nominate Donald "46%" Trump a third time???

When we lose in 2024 it is because a plurality of the GOP is dumb, not because of fraud. The 5th time will be just like the last 4 elections... Trump gets under 46%.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.