OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,233 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to get Lombardo to endorse.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG

https://brownstone.org/video-podcast/congress-and-the-pandemic-response-an-interview-with-thomas-massie/
Quote:

Yes, gigantic, unprecedented. So I'm sitting there at home. Actually, I believe it was a Wednesday or Tuesday evening. I think it was a Tuesday evening. I saw Trump's people come on TV. Larry Kudlow was one of them. He said, well, it's not really a $2 trillion bill you're underselling. It's a $6 trillion bill. We're going to give $400 billion to the Federal Reserve. They can loan that out at a 10-to-one ratio and inject another $4 trillion of liquidity into the economy. It'll be really $6 trillion. When I realized that the Republicans were bragging that this was $6 trillion, not really $2 trillion, don't undersell it, I thought we are in trouble.
Quote:

By the way, Jeffrey, just to close out this point, Ron DeSantis, who in my opinion is the best governor, bar none, in the United States, even he shut down Florida for a little while as soon as the Cares Act passed.

He was also put in the same situation, but he did something brilliant. He banned Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx from coming to Florida and talking to any state employee. That was a stroke of brilliance. So you're not going to spread the imprimatur, the federal government, and establish that baseline here in Florida. You're banned. He banned them.
TRM
AG
Vander Plaats getting really obvious.
aggie93
AG
This is an excellent explanation of the issue with Trump voters who won't reason or change in spite of logical arguments. Some will never change but some can be changed if DeSantis can continue to build a brand. It's also why Trump supporters are focused not on arguing issues with DeSantis supporters but instead focus on trying to destroy the DeSantis brand. They are focused on the image.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
TRM said:

Need to get Lombardo to endorse.

sounds like you know a good deal about internal NV politics-

what about this thought- there is a very large LDS population in Nevada, can't DeSantis leverage the Utah delegation to organize their co-religionists just a bit further south?

it would seem a real political strategist would keep strengthening ties to Utah- with the real objective being to actually win Nevada
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

Ducey was term limited. Trump didn't "run him out of office."
I think the issue was that Ducey was begged by McConnell to run for one of the Arizona Senate Seats that have been opened in the last few years-

that's at least 3 seats he could have run for in which the GOP lost all 3 times

and he refused because he knew that MAGA would not support him.
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

Wait. I thought Barnes was a big Trump supporter? (I don't really like Barnes much, BTW.)
That's the entire point of the Tweet.

Barnes used to be an honest broker before becoming a Trump shill

notice the DATES of the tweets. back years ago he was giving props to Trump

now years later, it looks pretty bad that he was praising Trump for standing so closely aligned with Fauci.
Charpie
AG
LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Wait. I thought Barnes was a big Trump supporter? (I don't really like Barnes much, BTW.)

now years later, it looks pretty bad that he was praising Trump for standing so closely aligned with Fauci.
Why can't people change stances? I mean, look at all of the DeSantis supporters who were Trump diehards? Are we supposed to go dig up all you old posts and hold that against y'all? It's really petty.
aggie93
AG
Charpie said:

LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Why can't people change stances? I mean, look at all of the DeSantis supporters who were Trump diehards? Are we supposed to go dig up all you old posts and hold that against y'all? It's really petty.
Changing stances is one thing but Barnes is in the "Must defend Trump at all costs and lie to tear down DeSantis to do it" territory. I mean that's fine but some people still view him as an intellectually honest broker. I mean that's fine but he is a guy with an agenda not a guy trying to be straight with people so he should be viewed through that lens.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LeonardSkinner
I know we all know this, but for clarity, the scandalous slavery curriculum issue is based on one footnote in one standard in one section of the entire curriculum.

We have 180 days to teach the whole course…
-minus the first couple of days when we get schedules and students sorted out
-minus the last five when we've basically finished all the testing and the only thing left is makeup work
-minus the ten days that we actually use for state testing
-minus the ten days that we use for our own tests
-minus the three days where **** happens

So honestly, we get 150 days to teach. And are still expected to get to the end. So how do we do that? By looking at the curriculum and saying, "we don't really need to go over chapter 5 section 2, or chapter 8, section 4."

An honest teacher who disagreed with that one controversial note would simply skip it.
aggie93
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

I know we all know this, but for clarity, the scandalous slavery curriculum issue is based on one footnote in one standard in one section of the entire curriculum.

We have 180 days to teach the whole course…
-minus the first couple of days when we get schedules and students sorted out
-minus the last five when we've basically finished all the testing and the only thing left is makeup work
-minus the ten days that we actually use for state testing
-minus the ten days that we use for our own tests
-minus the three days where **** happens

So honestly, we get 150 days to teach. And are still expected to get to the end. So how do we do that? By looking at the curriculum and saying, "we don't really need to go over chapter 5 section 2, or chapter 8, section 4."

An honest teacher who disagreed with that one controversial note would simply skip it.
What? You mean the media is overreacting and creating a false narrative to try to damage DeSantis? That can't be true, they are the beacons of truth.

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
I'm honestly not worried about them doing it. Apparently the way to get Republican support is to have a wide scale smear campaign against you. Maybe if there are enough of them, the Trump supporters will finally see them as BOTH being hated by the left and just do the comparison they should have been doing from the beginning.
aggie93
AG
New Trump narrative dropping today.

Ronald Reagan
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

MAGA has been lying about this for a while now.

They claim DeSantis should have stopped the Mar-a-Lago raid, and because he didn't, it is proof he is in cahoots with Biden. Also, DeSantis should be "doing something" to get Florida residents who were arrested over January 6th out of jail. Because he hasn't, he's deep state/Biden lackey/swamp/etc.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FL_Ag1998
AG
It's apparent that Trump's entire platform is simply lies and "Revenge for what they've done to me!".

Literally, that's all he's trying to sell his supporters on. Its pathetic and I have a really hard time understanding how some voters still refuse to acknowledge it.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

DeSantis should be "doing something" to get Florida residents who were arrested over January 6th out of jail.

Like a presidential pard.... ? Wait....
FL_Ag1998
AG
Old May Banker said:

Quote:

DeSantis should be "doing something" to get Florida residents who were arrested over January 6th out of jail.

Like a presidential pard.... ? Wait....

Oh, oh, but this time Trump will do that on Day 1. Right after he has Hilary arrested and gets Mexico to pay for the wall and ends the Russis/Ukraine war. This time will be different.
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Clay & Buck just went all in on repenting the lie. No surprise, those two sold their souls to Trump long ago.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CREAg87
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

It's apparent that Trump's entire platform is simply lies and "Revenge for what they've done to me!".

Literally, that's all he's trying to sell his supporters on. Its pathetic and I have a really hard time understanding how some voters still refuse to acknowledge it.
The "personal revenge" narrative will be yet another negative for the media to push if Trump gets the nomination. The MAGA base might like it, but I can guarantee that the average voter will not. All they will have to do is say that Joe Biden is still attempting to heal and unite and that Trump is still trying to divide.
Keep your rifle by your side
The Banned
aggie93 said:

At the end of the day I'll hold my nose and vote for this jackass if I have to, but damn trump has done everything in his power to turn off a large number of voters. And at least those trump supporters on this board refuse to see it.
Rapier108
Cult45 thinks DeSantis having a minor car accident is funny and wonderful.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4170419/posts
Phatbob
AG
The Banned said:

At the end of the day I'll hold my nose and vote for this jackass if I have to, but damn trump has done everything in his power to turn off a large number of voters. And at least those trump supporters on this board refuse to see it.
You mean the people who point to us being the same as leftists telling us we all need to unite behind Trump, otherwise we are the same as leftists? There is a severe lack of self awareness about why there are never-Trumpers. It's not a binary left/right thing... it is comprised of people who Trump attacks on a regular basis simply because they aren't specifically doing and saying "yay Trump". And they wonder why more people would support Desantis than Trump...

And this is the last time I ever want to hear the stupid phrase "why don't you just call us DEPLORABLES", as if their freaking candidate isn't doing that. exact. damn. thing.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Ron DeSantis' presidential campaign is expanding the number of staff it's cutting to include more than a third of his payroll as the Florida governor looks to get his primary bid back on track.

The cuts, which were confirmed by advisers, will amount to a total of 38 jobs shed across an array of departments. They will include the roughly 10 event planning positions that were announced several weeks ago, in addition to the recent departures of two senior DeSantis campaign advisers, Dave Abrams and Tucker Obenshain.
Quote:

"Following a top-to-bottom review of our organization, we have taken additional, aggressive steps to streamline operations and put Ron DeSantis in the strongest position to win this primary and defeat Joe Biden," DeSantis campaign manager Generra Peck said in a statement. "Gov. DeSantis is going to lead the Great American Comeback and we're ready to hit the ground running as we head into an important month of the campaign."

The expanded cuts are the latest sign that the Florida governor's team is pivoting to a slim-down operation amid concerns over their finances. The campaign announced it had raised $20 million during the second quarter of this year. But it had spent a good chunk of that money. Much of the sum it raised, moreover, came from donors who had given the maximum amount and could not give again.
Politico
Rapier108
The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Why should we vote for him?

Trump and his MAGA acolytes have said they only want MAGA voters. The rest of us can buzz off.
TRM
AG
They're morons that aren't serious about winning. AZ GOP House candidates had a higher vote tally than the merry band morons of Trump endorsed in the statewide AZ elections.

Rapier108
TRM said:

They're morons that aren't serious about winning. AZ GOP House candidates had a higher vote tally than the merry band morons of Trump endorsed in the statewide AZ elections.
Yep, all they want to do is win the primary and destroy DeSantis.

It is their last hoorah before handing the country over to the Democrats forever and Trump heading off to die in prison.

Then they'll spend the rest of their time whining it was stolen and preparing to run Trump Jr. Lake, or Loomer in 2028.
No Spin Ag
Rapier108 said:

aggie93 said:

MAGA has been lying about this for a while now.

They claim DeSantis should have stopped the Mar-a-Lago raid, and because he didn't, it is proof he is in cahoots with Biden. Also, DeSantis should be "doing something" to get Florida residents who were arrested over January 6th out of jail. Because he hasn't, he's deep state/Biden lackey/swamp/etc.

JFC, that's some serious drinking of the kool-aid by those who actually think like that. That's Torbush wow territory.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
The Banned
TRM said:

Cuz they only cheat in the important races. Duh
Phatbob
AG
Rapier108 said:

TRM said:

Yep, all they want to do is win the primary and destroy DeSantis.

It is their last hoorah before handing the country over to the Democrats forever and Trump heading off to die in prison.

Then they'll spend the rest of their time whining it was stolen and preparing to run Trump Jr. Lake, or Loomer in 2028.
100% chance Lake, Loomer, or both will be out of favor by then. They will be traitorous, "milk toast" has-beens for one reason or another.
AgBandsman
AG
Rapier108 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Trump and his MAGA acolytes have said they only want MAGA voters. The rest of us can buzz off.
Sadly, you won't buzz off. You'll be voting for Trump on election day. Just like the rest of us.

(why does Ron keep sliding backwards in the polls?)
Rapier108
AgBandsman said:

Rapier108 said:

The Banned said:

aggie93 said:

Sadly, you won't buzz off. You'll be voting for Trump on election day. Just like the rest of us.

Don't presume to tell me how I will vote.

Trump is not owed a ****ing thing from me.

Comments like yours are why so many people loathe Trump supporters. The arrogance from people like you and Trump just turns off more people every day.
Phatbob
AG
AgBandsman said:

Will we? Why do you assume the battered wife is always just going to take it and always come back home? You can only call people in collusion with the left and say you don't need them so many times before they say "fine, eff you" and don't show up, just like he implied they could do.

This is why voting for Trump in the primary is a vote for Biden, or whatever other marxist is still alive in a year and a half. He's finding ways to lose votes, not get more.
Im Gipper
For someone doing so poorly in the polls, Trump sure is worried about DeSantis!

No one is paying attention yet. Only Iowa matters for now.

I'm Gipper
infinity ag
VIVEK! VIVEK! VIVEK!
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.